Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the pics of Gabby’s van … with the right back door open. It doesn’t seem to have the ladder on it. I thought there was a ladder on the right side of the back door that the Bethune’s captured in their video?
That is not Gabbys van - this is much larger (a transit?) and probably a LE vehicle.

According to this article BL worked at a garden center in NY in 2017 & 2018. He would have turned 20 in Nov 2017. He would have been in NY, not FL.

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

According to this article, BL graduated from high school in NY in 2016. In June 2016 he would have been 18. So I don't think he was in FL in 2015 when he was 17.

Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie yearbook pics revealed after meeting at school

I'm pretty sure the article you linked claiming to show a picture of Brian's teenage bedroom has been debunked. In 2017 when the house was put on the market he would have been in NY. I believe those may be pictures taken when a tenant lived there.

Regardless, it makes no sense to list a charge on a missing person report that is

1. Irrelevant to going missing

2. No more recent than about 3 years old

3. Possibly a dropped charge since no reporter ever found evidence of it. We certainly would have heard about it if a reporter had found any previous criminal charges.

I actually think MIP means something else on that form.
JMO

I agree. I think it just means "Missing Person" IMO

Furthermore, with all the redacted info on that report, why would they NOT redact a juvenile charge that has nothing to do with being a missing person?

I wonder if that was because they had no idea where BL left Gabby and he left before they had the chance to question him once they knew she was missing. OR maybe BL lied to them about where Gabby was -such as "She left with another guy." or something like that. If you have no information, it is hard to provide information.

I agree with this. I still think they had no idea until Sept 10th something was seriously wrong, BL may have hinted at something terrible but as from Sept 11th they only actually had 2 days with him. When things are terribly wrong 2 days fly by in a nano second IMO. I think perhaps they tried to get info out of BL but he wouldn’t say 100% and on Mon 13th left the home with his parents only half sure on what was happening. Maybe they thought he’s upset because Gabby isn’t where she’s supposed to be, her family may think he’s lying about something etc so of course they tried to stop him leaving but knowing the full story I’m sure IMO opinion they would have acted faster. Remember this was all early days, very early days. JMO.

In the photos at this link it's as though you can see straight through from the windshield to the open doors in the back:

Gabby Petito: North Port Police, FBI search home of Brian Laundrie

But in the photos at this link, it looks as though there's quite a bit dividing that kind of a view (from front to back or from back to front).

Gabby Petito's van shown in disarray after Utah police stop
The first pic in your post is not Gabby's van. I thnk it is one used by LE for the search of the L's property.

I am not sure whether this is correct. Brian would still have been in high school in New York then, yes? I didn't think he moved to Florida until 2019?

I think.the.home.was.purchased.and Cassie.moved.in. later.Brian and Gabby! Till.mom.and dad.moved.down!

I noticed the pics of Gabby’s van … with the right back door open. It doesn’t seem to have the ladder on it. I thought there was a ladder on the right side of the back door that the Bethune’s captured in their video?
IMO. The pics in the quoted article are from the day that the search warrant was served on the house at wabasso ave. I watched live on wflanow. That was not GP’s van. That was a LE vehicle. Moo.

I also read an article that @cady referenced earlier, about NS trying to straighten out the “last texts”. Iirc, and I’m pretty sure I do, because at the time, I thought that was a huge error by msm. The article stated that NS had received a text from GP on 8/27, but she had NEVER disclosed the contents. It went on further to say that the “Stan” text and “ Yosemite” text both were from the 30th, but it had been reported incorrectly.

I don’t know if @cady or anyone else linked a source yet, but I didn’t see one on a quick scroll through. I’ll continue to look.
But I did find this pretty nice timeline as it includes different interviews and statements along the way.

Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

That's what the Northport police chief was saying again today, but no autopsy report yet. It's probably true, but they have been pushing that scenario ever since the police mistook BL's mom for BL during surveillance.

This story was 6 days ago.
Brian Laundrie Was Likely Dead When Cops Confused His Mother for Him During Surveillance: Police
Today's story
Brian Laundrie 'Probably' Died by Suicide Before Search for Him Began, Fla. Sheriff Says
Seems pretty unprofessional IMO to be publicly giving their opinion of the outcomes of the forensic analysis before it's been done, even if it turns out they are correct. JMO

Brian arrived at Wabasso on Sept 1. Parents took him to see sister same day, IIRC. They had 13 days with him.

since we are just speculating, I believe Brian told his folks that he and Gabby had broken up once again…bad break up, He had blocked her on his phone and texts but he warned that she would try to get around that by having her family call or using their phones. He probably said he has blocked them too, so could everyone please just ignore all calls from anyone associated with Gabby.

So they did. May even have blocked some numbers, thinking Gabby was at her mom’s house or dad’s house. He told them she had her stuff and no reason to talk to her.

Parents are tired of all the drama and are not unhappy that this time, maybe the break up will stick. Brian is morose, they try to cheer him up. Take him camping. No talk of Gabby.

the incoming calls from Gabby’s family began on the 9th. Laundries staunchly stand by their son and they have seen this couple play their break up games before. It’s not until NS manages finally to file a MPR and LE shows up that it gets real.

I think the Laundries knew for sure it was very, very bad when LE showed up. I suspect Brian broke down and told some version of what happened, but…maybe not. Maybe he told his parents Gabby had threatened suicide when he broke up with her (after dropping her off with her small amount of personal articles at a train station or similar).

I bet they didn’t believe him, but wanted to. It is also possible he told them the truth once LE showed up and things got real.

I agree there is not much they could have done to investigate the MP case but I think they could have explained that she is required to file where GP was last known to be, helped locate the appropriate police department in that location, and put her in touch with those authorities. IMO

Well it is interesting to note that she was NOT last seen in New York, but they still took the missing persons report when North Port wouldn't. . . .

Well it is interesting to note that she was NOT last seen in New York, but they still took the missing persons report when North Port wouldn't. . . .

I think the problem is state laws differ. Some states require the missing person to live in the state whereas other states require the person to have gone missing in the state. I think NC law is pretty good. But if Gabby had lived here instead of FL then moved to NY before taking off for the trip, I don't think NC would allow filing on her either. In NC a missing person report (adult) can be filed for

– Any individual who is 18 years of age or older, whose temporary or permanent residence is in North Carolina, or is believed to be in North Carolina, whose location has not been determined, and who has been reported as missing to a law-enforcement agency.

JMO

Brian arrived at Wabasso on Sept 1. Parents took him to see sister same day, IIRC. They had 13 days with him.

since we are just speculating, I believe Brian told his folks that he and Gabby had broken up once again…bad break up, He had blocked her on his phone and texts but he warned that she would try to get around that by having her family call or using their phones. He probably said he has blocked them too, so could everyone please just ignore all calls from anyone associated with Gabby.

So they did. May even have blocked some numbers, thinking Gabby was at her mom’s house or dad’s house. He told them she had her stuff and no reason to talk to her.

Parents are tired of all the drama and are not unhappy that this time, maybe the break up will stick. Brian is morose, they try to cheer him up. Take him camping. No talk of Gabby.

the incoming calls from Gabby’s family began on the 9th. Laundries staunchly stand by their son and they have seen this couple play their break up games before. It’s not until NS manages finally to file a MPR and LE shows up that it gets real.

I think the Laundries knew for sure it was very, very bad when LE showed up. I suspect Brian broke down and told some version of what happened, but…maybe not. Maybe he told his parents Gabby had threatened suicide when he broke up with her (after dropping her off with her small amount of personal articles at a train station or similar).

I bet they didn’t believe him, but wanted to. It is also possible he told them the truth once LE showed up and things got real.

I answer calls from people I care about so I agree BL had to have given some "I am the victim" story to parents. They got him a new phone shortly after he returned. IMO BL's victim version began immediately if not on the road trip home.
Speculation. MOO

Maybe they didn't. But if their son told them ANYTHING at all about why he was home without Gabby, they should have relayed what they were told. JMO Does anyone honestly believe that they didn't ask and he didn't answer them, somehow? JMO

It all depends on the dynamics of the family. Stranger things have happened than parents not asking and the adult child not telling them anything. Many parents of murderers believe their child is innocent, even in the face of solid evidence. Denial runs deep.

It all depends on the dynamics of the family. Stranger things have happened than parents not asking and the adult child not telling them anything. Many parents of murderers believe their child is innocent, even in the face of solid evidence. Denial runs deep.

MOO I believe the L's were protecting their son.

There are parts of Florida where blood is thicker than the water that surrounds most of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox