Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they didn't. But if their son told them ANYTHING at all about why he was home without Gabby, they should have relayed what they were told. JMO Does anyone honestly believe that they didn't ask and he didn't answer them, somehow? JMO

I talk to my brother quite often but it can sometimes take several days to get hold of him. Just because you send somebody a text, or leave a message, doesn't mean they got it.

In this situation we can add Brian into the mix. We don't know if he managed to intercept communications. Perhaps block numbers or delete messages.

We don't know that Brian's parents actually received any communications from Gabby's parents at all.

I talk to my brother quite often but it can sometimes take several days to get hold of him. Just because you send somebody a text, or leave a message, doesn't mean they got it.

In this situation we can add Brian into the mix. We don't know if he managed to intercept communications. Perhaps block numbers or delete messages.

We don't know that Brian's parents actually received any communications from Gabby's parents at all.
Given that they were ready with an attorney when the police showed up on Sept 11, they either knew their son had murdered his girlfriend or they had received calls from Gabby's parents wondering where she and Brian were.
We know for sure, because we all watched the Petito's and Schmidt's on TV, that by Sept 14, Gabby's family had gotten the message to the Laundries when they pleaded with them on national tv to tell them where their daughter was. Of course at that time, Gabby's family believed she was alive, without a means of transportation, phone or clothing somewhere wandering in the woods.
ETA moo

Has Rose been discussed here insofar as any corroboration of her friendship with GP (i..e. text messages, GP's parents saying GP had mentioned her etc.)?

Given that they were ready with an attorney when the police showed up on Sept 11, they either knew their son had murdered his girlfriend or they had received calls from Gabby's parents wondering where she and Brian were.
We know for sure, because we all watched the Petito's and Schmidt's on TV, that by Sept 14, Gabby's family had gotten the message to the Laundries when they pleaded with them on national tv to tell them where their daughter was. Of course at that time, Gabby's family believed she was alive, without a means of transportation, phone or clothing somewhere wandering in the woods.
ETA moo

An attorney was retained late on the 11th, after police showed up. That attorney told them not to talk to anyone. So the window where they even could have responded would have probably been on the 11th only, and we have no information showing that the Laundries received anything before their attorney told them not to talk.

ETA moo

That may be true. That may even be more likely than not. But it's definitely not a "for sure" thing.

It's possible the Laundries weren't watching TV to see GP's family plead. It's possible they never got the calls and frankly, it's possible GP's family mis-dialed some of the times they called (people under stress do that) or they didn't have current numbers. It's also possible BL told the L's a story that was plausible enough. Remember we don't what the L's thought of the relationship. Certainly Cassie seemed to think it was usually high drama.

JMO

An attorney was retained late on the 11th, after police showed up. That attorney told them not to talk to anyone. So the window where they even could have responded would have probably been on the 11th only, and we have no information showing that the Laundries received anything before their attorney told them not to talk.
That's what the attorney claims, yet the Laundries handed LE a card without having any idea why LE was on their doorstep? For all the Laundries knew, if they hadn't gotten any calls from Gabby's family, the police were there for anything. If the police come to my door and I have no idea why they're there, I'm unlikely to have retained an attorney or going to hand the police a card and refuse to speak to them.

Has Rose been discussed here insofar as any corroboration of her friendship with GP (i..e. text messages, GP's parents saying GP had mentioned her etc.)?

Not that I know of, and I don't think we should necessarily accept everything she says unquestioningly. MOO

Edit to also tie into the comment above - I don't doubt that Rose was friends with GP, but it seems to be accepted without question that they were 'BFF.' Just because Rose says they were very close doesn't necessarily mean GP felt the same way. Rose did publicly say she was surprised GP didn't contact her after the police incident. This could be because she was embarrassed, or BL wouldn't allow her to, we don't know. But it could also be that she was not as close as Rose thought. She may well have had other close friends who have not gone public. Again, MOO

Last edited:
They had lunch with her in FL, so I think that means they believe her.

ETA, here's a pic

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1447352069309059079

Thanks for posting the photo.

GP's family may have believed Rose was Gabby's friend. But Rose has apparently gone on the record saying GP didn't live with the Laundries.

New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

And GP's family has been quite vocal saying the L's had GP's stuff because she lived with them in their house for at least a year and according to one article for over 2 years.

Not sure how those accounts were reconciled at lunch.

JMO

What do you base that belief on?
Oh geez, let’s just say it’s a gut feeling since BL’s parents clammed up from the start and offered zero response or assistance to GP’s desperate parents’ pleas for information regarding their daughter’s whereabouts. Instead, they lawyered up, withheld information, creating a circus-like attraction to themselves. The national attention this story has received will no doubt IMO, have a big payout when they finally tell “their” side of the story. IMO

Gabby's family reached out to at least 5 different people; they were calling to find out where their kids were (Brian included). IIRC, they tried multiple times to contact Brian, his parents, Brian's sister, and Gabby herself. We know why Gabby didn't respond. It does seem strange that everyone else could have missed every single attempt, doesn't it?
We have all imagined several reasons why no one (especially Brian's parents) responded. Many are very logical e.g., to protect their son, he lied to them, or they didn't ask. I believe they may be very valid.
But for me, that doesn't make it the right thing to do. My very own MOO.

Not that I know of, and I don't think we should necessarily accept everything she says unquestioningly. MOO

Edit to also tie into the comment above - I don't doubt that Rose was friends with GP, but it seems to be accepted without question that they were 'BFF.' Just because Rose says they were very close doesn't necessarily mean GP felt the same way. Rose did publicly say she was surprised GP didn't contact her after the police incident. This could be because she was embarrassed, or BL wouldn't allow her to, we don't know. But it could also be that she was not as close as Rose thought. She may well have had other close friends who have not gone public. Again, MOO
She didn't contact Rose because she was dead. She was supposed to contact Rose on the 29th. But IMO Brian did not like Rose and an argument about her isn't out of the question IMO IMO IMO

She didn't contact Rose because she was dead. She was supposed to contact Rose on the 29th. But IMO Brian did not like Rose and an argument about her isn't out of the question IMO IMO IMO

I was referring to Rose's statement in her daily mail interview that she was surprised GP didn't contact her about the Moab incident specifically. Not later when she didn't contact her on the 29th.

Gabby's family reached out to at least 5 different people; they were calling to find out where their kids were (Brian included). IIRC, they tried multiple times to contact Brian, his parents, Brian's sister, and Gabby herself. We know why Gabby didn't respond. It does seem strange that everyone else could have missed every single attempt, doesn't it?
We have all imagined several reasons why no one (especially Brian's parents) responded. Many are very logical e.g., to protect their son, he lied to them, or they didn't ask. I believe they may be very valid.
But for me, that doesn't make it the right thing to do. My very own MOO.

Well, there are lots of reasons BL might not have responded to a text from GP's parents (including not having his phone ). And I'm not sure GP's family ever called CL separately from RL. Cassie says she searched her phone after it was in tbe news she was called--no missed calls, no texts. So it pretty much comes down to RL not responding...and not responding on one day. Not days on end. I don't really find that so unacceptable but I understand others do.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member