GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

Now that she has been officially charged, it will be harder to LE to get much out of the nanny, unless her lawyer is there...

It is classic police work to first get a perp to just admit to "hurting" a victim, then gradually work up to admission of killing

ALSO, she has likely been using an interpreter, and I will bet the defense will use that in her favor.....
( conversely, if she was NOT using an interpreter, they will use that fact in her defense)

Hoping for a plea deal, to spare the poor family a trial

ALSO, she has likely been using an interpreter, and I will bet the defense will use that in her favor.....
( conversely, if she was NOT using an interpreter, they will use that fact in her defense)

Hoping for a plea deal, to spare the poor family a trial

Hopefully they have a bilingual cop who is fluent in her native language so that it's not an issue.

The more I read the more I despise this evil woman.

I only came upon this story today on WS. Not sure what to even say. The whole story is so sad. I also noticed alot of people are on "Time Out:?. Can only think this has been a very emotional story to many, including WS members, and that emotions are setting in and getting the best of some good posters?

For all involved...the Family...WS Members...just wanted to say my heart is with you all. Again, such a sad story. W
ish I had more to add. My heart goes out to all involved...directly or indirectly:(

Yes... It seems a little premature to me...

I would think it is pretty early for the Krimms to be making these decisions...

but this is JMO

I think I understand what you are saying but it is difficult to know how people might act in such circumstances beyond just trying to keep from falling completely apart and going into a "coma" of some sort.
I have found myself having thoughts and doing things that would not quite fit with my "normal" under traumatic or shocking circumstances and would never judge these people for their post trauma actions.
I do NOT think you are judging them, just making an observation..

I wonder what ever happened with the first babysitter they had in NYC, She seemed very caring and much more like one the Krim's would have, she was their age or just a little younger.

I wonder what ever happened with the first babysitter they had in NYC, She seemed very caring and much more like one the Krim's would have, she was their age or just a little younger.

This is the first I have heard of another babysitter. Was that discussed in the other thread?

BBM ... In most cases, I would agree. A 17-year-old only child whose mother just murdered two children, though, will absolutely need daily care, imo.

Not only that, but how many 17 year olds do you know that can afford to rent an apartment, pay utilities, clothing and food? My 17 year old certainly couldn't do it and he has a job.

So-o-o, do WSers think that YO had accepted the Krims' offer of five extra hours of work per week and had already started working the five extra hours per week?

I think I had misinterpreted the earliest references to the "five extra hours per week" as a recent offer that YO resented so much that she had not accepted it, and that her anger was therefore assumed to be coming (at least partially) from her feeling that the offer was demeaning to her "status" and that she was therefore continuing to perform only her regular tasks.

Now I'm pretty sure I was wrong, and if YO had already started doing the work entailed in the "extra five hours per week," it would at least make a little bit of sense that she was building up resentment as she performed any/all of her daily activities that the Krims paid her for.

What is your take on the offer of extra work being made and the subsequent acceptance or refusal of the offer, etc.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of motivation in this case, and am in no way trying to justify anything YO did.

MOO. Any thoughts? TIA.

So-o-o, do WSers think that YO had accepted the Krims' offer of five extra hours of work per week and had already started working the five extra hours per week?

I think I had misinterpreted the earliest references to the "five extra hours per week" as a recent offer that YO resented so much that she had not accepted it, and that her anger was therefore assumed to be coming (at least partially) from her feeling that the offer was demeaning to her "status" and that she was therefore continuing to perform only her regular tasks.

Now I'm pretty sure I was wrong, and if YO had already started doing the work entailed in the "extra five hours per week," it would at least make a little bit of sense that she was building up resentment as she performed any/all of her daily activities that the Krims paid her for.

What is your take on the offer of extra work being made and the subsequent acceptance or refusal of the offer, etc.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of motivation in this case, and am in no way trying to justify anything YO did.

MOO. Any thoughts? TIA.
I've always thought that, when YO mentioned her financial problems to the Krims, she was hoping for a raise. Instead, they offered to let her work more hours and tried to help her find another family who could offer her some extra hours on the side. That might lead to some resentment, although it doesn't justify her actions.

I think I understand what you are saying but it is difficult to know how people might act in such circumstances beyond just trying to keep from falling completely apart and going into a "coma" of some sort.
I have found myself having thoughts and doing things that would not quite fit with my "normal" under traumatic or shocking circumstances and would never judge these people for their post trauma actions.
I do NOT think you are judging them, just making an observation..

thank you for your observations...

I may have posted too prematurely... :D

Actually... My hubby and I lost a son to SIDS,when he was 7 1/2 weeks old..

I think I was able to request donations to be made to SIDS research by the time of our son's memorial...

JMO

The Krim's family holiday to DR to meet the Nanny's family, could have just been a mere holiday. However, if they had concerns about their nanny, maybe they wanted to find out more about her background, check her family out to allay some of the concerns they might have had with her. Just a thought.

The Krim's family holiday to DR to meet the Nanny's family, could have just been a mere holiday. However, if they had concerns about their nanny, maybe they wanted to find out more about her background, check her family out to allay some of the concerns they might have had with her. Just a thought.

It certainly makes sense. I would feel like I knew the person a bit better if I knew her extended family, the family dynamics, religious and moral beliefs.

When my son is dating a girl, not only do we try to get to know her, but we also try to get to know her family. Sit down to dinner with them and just talk.

We knew a young man with a gambling addiction. His own Mother cleaned motels to support herself, very hard working good woman. His in-laws were successful people and were supporting him and their daughter while he was out of work.

As his gambling and his debts increased, he never blamed himself or shouldered any responsibility for his problems. He cut his Mother out of his life because she simply could not afford to give him money to gamble. He ALSO became infuriated when his in-laws offered him ways to work to earn money. He felt they should give it to him. He considered himself a victim of both sides. He felt that he was "entitled." In all of his rants, taking responsibility for HIMSELF never crossed his mind. In todays media, many people are encouraged to see themselves as victims not of their own addictions or bad choices, but of SOMEONE ELSE.

This is how I see this Nanny. Her money problems exist not because of her bad luck or poor choices, but because other people won't make them go away for her. The reason she keeps "explaining" her "side" of the story is because she truly thinks others should see HER as the victim too.

I just checked that disgusting FB page in support of Evil Nanny....now they've posted a picture of YO, Lulu and Nessie as the cover page. This is so disgusting it's making me sick.

I'm curious about these money problems. One article referenced an attempt to sell jewelry. She purchased the jewelry and the orders fell through. Okay.

But when the sub-let deal fell through, the one bright side was that she was no longer paying rent. And a NYC RENT. Nothing is cheap there. Just HOW much in debt was YO that a few months living back with family...as she had done before...could not have cleared it up?

How much in debt was this creature? There is more to this than some unsold jewelry.

It was a different sister (Celia as opposed to Miladys)that said she snapped in the same breath that it was reported she was seeking professional help. So it would SEEM that the sister she lived with was the one that may have saids she was havig trouble. although there is not a direct quote in this article from People:

"Over the last couple of months was not herself," family members told detectives, report

Equally baffled are those closest to the nanny. "She snapped," her tearful sister, Celia Ortega, told the New York Post. "We don’t understand what happened to her mind."

"She was, according to others, seeking some professional help," chief police spokesperson Paul J. Browne said of Yoselyn Ortega, adding, "There were financial concerns."

"She lost a lot of weight. She looked very unhealthy. It looked like she was going through some problems," Ortega's neighbor, Ruben Diaz, 49, told the Post. "She had aged a lot – like seven years in a few months.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20642940,00.html

Those comments are what really make me wonder if she had a brain tumor, or some other organic cause for her mind and body to go so dramatically over the last few months. I keep coming back to Charles Whitman who was the University of Texas Tower sniper in 1966. An autopsy revealed that he had a brain tumor. There's no telling what kind of behavior a person might justify, or think appropriate, if their mind is literally broken.

No the previous babysitter was not discussed in other thread, for the record Mrs. Krim also referred to Josie as the babysitter, not Nanny. Her picture is out there, along with the two girls with her, her arms around both of them and Mrs.Krim said she loved that photo. I am guessing she moved away because it mentioned the photo was taken when she was visiting from Boston so she obviously left friendly.

<photo snipped>
I edited the previous babysitter's face out so she is not recognizable but yet can still tell she was smiling, hope this is acceptable.

I have never heard any mention of this prior nanny from Boston. We really need a link to this. All the MSM articles have pointed out that the Krims didn't hire a nanny until Leo was born. This would seem to contradict that. Unless this person was what I think of as literally a babysitter, meaning - someone to stay with the children occasionally when parents have a date night, or Mom has a doctor appointment, but no set schedule, or regular hours. But a link would help clear this up.

I don't get the impression that they had real concerns. I get the feeling this totally blindsided them. Even if they did have concerns, it seems like the best thing to do is hire another nanny, not fly 1500 miles. I believe the trip to the DR was a vacation. I believe they chose the destination because of their connections there through the nanny. It is my opinion that the trip was just for pleasure, and was in no way a vetting process, either before she was hired (which has been established) or after.

I'm curious about these money problems. One article referenced an attempt to sell jewelry. She purchased the jewelry and the orders fell through. Okay.

But when the sub-let deal fell through, the one bright side was that she was no longer paying rent. And a NYC RENT. Nothing is cheap there. Just HOW much in debt was YO that a few months living back with family...as she had done before...could not have cleared it up?

How much in debt was this creature? There is more to this than some unsold jewelry.

Within the past few months, Ms. Ortega returned to live with her sister. Fernando Mercado, the superintendent of the building on Riverside Drive, said she had been renting the Bronx apartment from an acquaintance who moved to the Dominican Republic. But the tenant returned and threw out Ms. Ortega. &#8220;She spent a lot of money on the Bronx apartment,&#8221; Mr. Mercado said of Ms. Ortega.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/n...oubled-nanny-emerges.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I have a couple thoughts on all that. The same link also says she'd lived at the same riverside address for about 30 years. I assume this means off-and-on, since we know she went back to the DR after the split with her son's father, and we know she moved into the apartment in the Bronx for some time.

I find it interesting that the apartment she lived in for 30 years (with some notable breaks) would become unacceptable. She was motivated to take the Bronx apartment. Had she always longed to be on her own, or was there something new going on with her or her son that meant she wanted out?

Regarding spending a lot of money on the Bronx apartment, I interpret that two ways. Either, the rent was so much higher than what she was used to that she ended up straining to pay it, or that she went out and bought bedding, curtains, perhaps furniture. A broom, a mop, cleaning supplies, etc. Moving out of shared quarters into one's own place can be incredibly costly. Perhaps she got overly excited or she wanted to provide cool stuff for her son, and she unintentionally, carelessly ran up a huge debt at IKEA. Or maybe it was both: new furnishings AND higher rent.

In any case, then the whole thing fell through, and she was devastated, maybe her son was angry & blamed her. She had to go back to living with the sister she had been trying to be free of. Perhaps she asked for more money from the krims to try to avoid moving back in with her sister. She wanted more money (justified or not) and she couldn't get it. She felt thwarted at every turn. I'm just painting a picture of possibilities here. Obviously none of that justifies her actions, but it might speak to the rage she must have felt to repeatedly stab a sleeping child!

I'd really like to know what was said in the 3:45 phone call between YO & MK. I'm looking for a link to the article that mentions that call.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back