You stand a 99% chance

shiloh said:
The movie they watched at the Whites was "Nick of Time?" I thought it was Ransom, and I mistakenly posted that here somewhere. It's been several years since I've followed this case. ~There is life outside of this case.

As I recall...it was Priscilla's sisters boyfriend who watched the movie "Nick of Time". The movie might have started around 10-11pm? Does anyone remember?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
uh-huh, shiloh...

How about when Haney asks Patsy if she would be surprised to find out that JB was a victim of prior sexual abuse and after a few back and forths, Haney asks her if she knew about this and Patsy says. "I ...uh... I uh I knew ...." and doesn't finish the sentence. I was reading that aloud to a friend, the whole conversation and he said "did you notice that she said I knew".

I think it is very telling that she said that. I know someone may say well she was going to say "I knew there was abuse that evening". But to my way of thinking if someone is asking you this horrible question and asking if you knew about this, the rage in my blood would be boiling, and I know I would not reply like that.

Solace said:
PolkSaladAnnie said:
uh-huh, shiloh...

How about when Haney asks Patsy if she would be surprised to find out that JB was a victim of prior sexual abuse and after a few back and forths, Haney asks her if she knew about this and Patsy says. "I ...uh... I uh I knew ...." and doesn't finish the sentence. I was reading that aloud to a friend, the whole conversation and he said "did you notice that she said I knew".

I think it is very telling that she said that. I know someone may say well she was going to say "I knew there was abuse that evening". But to my way of thinking if someone is asking you this horrible question and asking if you knew about this, the rage in my blood would be boiling, and I know I would not reply like that.

Her whole attitude towards the subject has been troubling, but not more so than in that interview. Her pose is more like "why are you asking me about this" as if it didn't mean anything.

Rupert said:
The father had the gun in his hand ready to shoot the Governor lying asleep in bed. The father hesitated and the clock went from 1:18 to 1:19 (click). The Governor woke up that instant. If the father had shot the Governor by 1:18 he would have done it in the nick of time and saved his daughter.

Alas, the Governor woke up and they teamed up together to foul up the plans of the bad guys.

Who said it was a 6 year old girl, Bill Cox who related the movie to the police. Hmmmm, why would he say 6 year old?

Paradox, you obviously watched the movie closely.
This again is not correct Rupert. The Governor was awake and talking to Watson before the clock was shown to go from 1:18 to 1:19. Also the deadline time was 1:30 not 1:18. And the age of the child was never mentioned in the movie.

However, the consequences of not delivering was mentioned. As was listening very carefully.

shiloh said:
The movie they watched at the Whites was "Nick of Time?" I thought it was Ransom, and I mistakenly posted that here somewhere. It's been several years since I've followed this case. ~There is life outside of this case.
Rupert got that wrong.

Paradox said:
This is not correct Rupert. The 1:18 time was nothing of particular interest in the movie, it was just one of the many, many shots to the clock as events unfolded. In fact, the camera was on 1:18 for just a split second while it lingered on 1:19.

And I think the age of the little girl was not established in the movie.

The only other person attributed to saying the girl was six was one of Fleet's houseguests. I don't think it was mentioned in the movie that she was six.

Rupert said:
Coincidently, the movie that was watched at the Whites that night was called "Nick of Time" and was about the kidnapping of a 6 year old girl to force the father to do something ("follow their instructions to the letter") by a certain time and the time the alarm clock struck was 1:18. It was repeated over and over again that the father must "follow their instructions" by a certain time. The "Nick of Time" was 1:18.
The movie was not about the kidnapping of a 6yr old, as Rupert says. Her age was not mentioned.

There was no alarm clock striking, the clock that showed 1:19 was in the hotel lobby.

And the follow our instructions line wasn't used.

I saw "Nick of Time" years ago when it was first released and cannot remember any details. According to this website (and, apparently, PMPT) the line 'Listen to me very carefully!' is spoken in the movie, but there is no mention of any other comparisons.

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-ransomnote.htm

"On the night JonBenet was murdered, the movie 'Nick of Time' aired at 7:30 P.M. on a Boulder cable channel. The story centers on an unarmed political faction that kidnaps a six-year-old girl. The victim is told, "Listen to me very carefully.' Bill Cox, who was staying with Fleet and Priscilla White, told the police he remembered watching the movie that night." [Lawrence Schillers book "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town", Page 225]

Paradox said:
This again is not correct Rupert. The Governor was awake and talking to Watson before the clock was shown to go from 1:18 to 1:19. Also the deadline time was 1:30 not 1:18. And the age of the child was never mentioned in the movie.

However, the consequences of not delivering was mentioned. As was listening very carefully.
Well, I don't have the movie now, but I do recall that if Watson had shot her by 1:18 he would have done it in the nick of time.

Paradox said:
Rupert got that wrong.
Para,
Why are you so insistent that I am wrong? I said it was Nick of Time; not Ransom. duh

Paradox said:
The movie was not about the kidnapping of a 6yr old, as Rupert says. Her age was not mentioned.

There was no alarm clock striking, the clock that showed 1:19 was in the hotel lobby.

And the follow our instructions line wasn't used.
Paradox is totally wrong here. See later post: it was reported by Bill Cox as a movie about the kidnapping of a 6 year old. So what?

My recollection must be a lot better. Watch the movie again. The alarm clock was next to the bed and clicked from 1:18 to 1:19.

Well, however it went, I think it is pretty coincidental that that movie was playing that night.
It's like you'd almost have to say someone (whoever it was that wrote the note or helped write the note) watched that movie that night and that's why the 'foreign faction' and the 'kidnapping' was used in the staging.

After reading this thread, now I'm thinking that John dictated the contents of the note to Patsy, who wrote it.

Yeah I have trouble thinking Patsy came up with all that by herself.
More than likely someone helped Patsy with the content of the note.

That movie was on that night at a house where both PR and JR were.
Even if it were on in the background or another part of the house than where the partying was going on.... PR and JR had access to that movie that night, it is entirely possible one or both of them watched it/saw bits of it.

Rupert said:
Paradox is totally wrong here. See later post: it was reported by Bill Cox as a movie about the kidnapping of a 6 year old. So what?

My recollection must be a lot better. Watch the movie again. The alarm clock was next to the bed and clicked from 1:18 to 1:19.
Again, this is wrong Rupert. The clock that went from 1:18 to 1:19 was the hotel lobby clock. By that time Watson and the Governor were talking. The lobby clock was shown at the same time the Christopher Walken character was shown losing his patience in the lobby while the other two were developing a raport. The alarm clock then was shown to click from 1:19 to 1:120.

You are wrong.

This is an example of separating fact from fiction in this case.

Rupert said:
If you put aside the PR did it for a moment, then the perp was obviously concerned about "early delivery" and being on time. Coincidently, the movie that was watched at the Whites that night was called "Nick of Time" and was about the kidnapping of a 6 year old girl to force the father to do something ("follow their instructions to the letter") by a certain time and the time the alarm clock struck was 1:18. It was repeated over and over again that the father must "follow their instructions" by a certain time. The "Nick of Time" was 1:18.
Clearly, in this paragraph, YOU say the wrong movie and YOU say it was about a 6yr old girl. That is wrong.

Question: Was "Nick of Time" aired on television on Christmas night or did they watch a video? If it was a video, then that makes an extra strong argument that the person who wrote the ransom note was the Whites' house that night.

Cypros said:
Question: Was "Nick of Time" aired on television on Christmas night or did they watch a video? If it was a video, then that makes an extra strong argument that the person who wrote the ransom note was the Whites' house that night.

Cypros, your post clicked a teeny thought for me.

Possibility that the movie found behind the high back entertainment center in the Ramsey home by the moving man coulda been this movie.

Been reading the movie 'posting' tennis match tween Rupert and Paradox. Hmmm. Just that 'close up' of the digital clock musta rung a mental bell about the bonus amount too. imop.

Will have to put that movie on my 'rent' list and watch sometime very soon.

Foreign faction comment attributed to the movie had to ring a bell for the note writer. imop

This thread is my first exposure to the info on the movie. Whats the chance it had direct involvement with the note writer, I think chances are good. Wonder if the moving man would remember the name on the VHS tape he found?

<<On the night JonBenet was murdered, the movie 'Nick of Time' aired at 7:30 P.M. on a Boulder cable channel. The story centers on an unarmed political faction that kidnaps a six-year-old girl. The victim is told, "Listen to me very carefully.' Bill Cox, who was staying with Fleet and Priscilla White, told the police he remembered watching the movie that night." [Lawrence Schillers book "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town", Page 225>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back