ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of a person is not grounds for a lawsuit.

You're right Chilly. But (and you had to know one of those was coming, right?) when you speak about someone in a defamatory manner, a manner that prevents them from quietly pursuing their life, a manner which casts doubt on a person (and I don't believe LE even has to be involved), a manner that covers a person in a cloud, it is grounds for a law suit. I think Z is entitled to whatever monetary judgment a court of law sees fit to award her, so she can try and get her life back on track. Was she working before all this happened? I don't remember. Does it really matter? She's having troubles now. And exactly what jobs have been offered to her? I don't remember hearing them.

There was no coincidence about it !!! These are facts

1. KC names ZG
2. KC puts ZG at Sawgrass Apts. around the time Caylee went missing
3. KC states ZG is of mixed nationality Father BL / Mother PR
4. KC states ZG has ties to NY , TX , PR
5. KC states ZG drives a silver car
6. KC states ZG wears her hair both straight & curly

Like I said Unless Sawgrass Apts. Is where the ZG convention is held

1. Casey named ZGF
2. That's the coincidence part
3. Where can if find this information that the ZG who is suing has a black father and Puerto Rican mother?
4. Even an imaginary person of Puerto Rican descent has ties to Puerto Rico.
5. Silver is the most common color of car on the road
6. Many people wear their hair both curly and straight, particularly if they are blessed with hair that curls nicely.

I don't see it that way. Casey created a fictitious name that coincidentally happened to be very similar to a real person's name. Casey said that real person was NOT involved. LE cleared her. That would have been the end of it if bloggers hadn't insisted on chasing her down looking for someway to connect this woman who was determined from the very start to be innocent of any wrong doing to the crime.

Again, the intrusion in her life is all because of Casey, regardless of LE clearing her name...

I agree with chilly....if ZFG was so concerned with privacy and was receiving so many hate emails via myspace...why couldn't shre make it private and not accept msg from other then friends....I dont think what KC is doing/done is right...but i dont know/think that thsi is either...I meant crap a rack at kmart fell on my 3 yr old should i sue too....(kidding)

This forum provides a good example Chilly. ZG was cleared and we even limited discussion about her for that reason. Yet,there are people right on this forum that still believe she was involved.
IMO, there are plenty of people that believe she still may be a part of this and she can't unring the bell.This can all be traced back to KC. Remove KC from this equation and ZG has no problems.
As I said, I do not necessarily think she will prevail and to be perfectly honest with you, i am not all that sympathetic at this point. But, she has run into problems that I hope I never run into and she would not have these kinds of problems if she had never encountered Casey Anthony.
I think this is aperfect case for the courts to decide because I can see both sides of it very clearly and I think great arguments have been made here by those opposed and those in favor of this lawsuit.

I agree, it can all be traced back to Casey in that Casey used the name ZG, but Casey also said she was not THE ZFG. LE said she was not involved. Let's say there is a real ZFG who did take Caylee, should Casey not have been able to give the name ZFG to LE in case some other person had a similar name?

If I say a guy named Fred Flintstone stole my car and LE shows me pictures of a dozen guys named Fred Flintstone, should I expect to be sued by the eleven guys I say are not the thief?

Originally Posted by CHICANA
I think it's silver. I'm wondering if all silver Ford Focus driver's have a case against Casey ?

Just all the drivers who were at the Sawgrass, are named ZG, and lost jobs and are getting hate mail.

ZG still has done nothing wrong.

LOL! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This forum provides a good example Chilly. ZG was cleared and we even limited discussion about her for that reason. Yet,there are people right on this forum that still believe she was involved.
IMO, there are plenty of people that believe she still may be a part of this and she can't unring the bell.This can all be traced back to KC. Remove KC from this equation and ZG has no problems.
As I said, I do not necessarily think she will prevail and to be perfectly honest with you, i am not all that sympathetic at this point. But, she has run into problems that I hope I never run into and she would not have these kinds of problems if she had never encountered Casey Anthony.
I think this is aperfect case for the courts to decide because I can see both sides of it very clearly and I think great arguments have been made here by those opposed and those in favor of this lawsuit.

I concur. Going the pro se route will work, imo, but setting damages to someone that was already unemployed is not that easy. Oddly, I would swear that I heard Zanny was 26, this woman is 37.. anyone?

You're right Chilly. But (and you had to know one of those was coming, right?) when you speak about someone in a defamatory manner, a manner that prevents them from quietly pursuing their life, a manner which casts doubt on a person (and I don't believe LE even has to be involved), a manner that covers a person in a cloud, it is grounds for a law suit. I think Z is entitled to whatever monetary judgment a court of law sees fit to award her, so she can try and get her life back on track. Was she working before all this happened? I don't remember. Does it really matter? She's having troubles now. And exactly what jobs have been offered to her? I don't remember hearing them.

Neither Casey nor the A's spoke about ZG in a defamatory manner. They all made it clear that it was NOT this person they were speaking about.

Originally Posted by SoCalSleuth
She doesn't have to. All she has to prove is that she said enough that would lead the "ordinary reasonable person" to believe she was the Zenaida KC was referring to. With the name, the Sawgrass connection, the kids' names. it's a slam dunk. Then KC will not be able to profit from her crimes. Go for it Zenaida!

Exactly! That's how people win lawsuits when fictional characters "resemble" them.

YES, YES!! Thank you!! :blowkiss:

I agree, it can all be traced back to Casey in that Casey used the name ZG, but Casey also said she was not THE ZFG. LE said she was not involved. Let's say there is a real ZFG who did take Caylee, should Casey not have been able to give the name ZFG to LE in case some other person had a similar name?

It occurs to me that KC would not, under any circumstances, identify Z, even if she were standing right in front of her. Why? Because LE had interviewed Z and had cleared her. If KC had said, 'great guys, you found her,' poof, there goes the kidnapping theory. But not identifying her, it sends LE looking into any other Zs in Florida. But the problem is, coincidence or not, there are no other Z's, or ZFG's but this one who were at Sawgrass.

1. Casey named ZGF 1/2 truth?

2. That's the coincidence part Come On Chilly what do you suppose the odds are ??

3. Where can if find this information that the ZG who is suing has a black father and Puerto Rican mother? You must not have seen her Myspace Page then , she had their pictures in her albums .

4. Even an imaginary person of Puerto Rican descent has ties to Puerto Rico. Ok what about NY & TX ? coincidence again

5. Silver is the most common color of car on the road Heavy Sigh

6. Many people wear their hair both curly and straight, particularly if they are blessed with hair that curls nicely.

my answers are in bold

Oh, Chilly, Chilly,Chilly. You're not going to blame bloggers for this, are you? We didn't do it! I just pray that the name John Smith (sorry mods, a little latitude, please?) doesn't show up anywhere in this case. Surely a number of people would simply explode trying to run that name down!

And a burning question in my mind: KC and the As have changed their stories more than once. What ever would encourage you to think that KC is telling the truth about this? IIRC, she first referred to the nanny as ZG. Then she immediately changed that to ZFG. Well, I've heard her refer to Caylee as Caylee A, and also as CMA -- does that mean Caylee A is not the same person, because in that reference her middle name is dropped?

A most splendid argument, my dear Ezryder... Thank you so much!!

Jesse and Amy should join her for a class action suit.

(I apologize if someone said that already..didn't read all the posts!)

HMmmmm Don't think that was the case when everyone was looking at her myspace and stating look at her children's names and oh maybe she has connections in PR. Not a week ago there were people absolutely swearing that they felt this woman on her myspace had something to do with this saying just maybe Kc was telling the truth!!!!

Yes... And they were accusing her on WS.

Neither Casey nor the A's spoke about ZG in a defamatory manner. They all made it clear that it was NOT this person they were speaking about.

I didn't see a link, so I'm presuming that's opinion, right? Well, I would think it defamatory if someone used my name in the same article with a reference to a kidnapping, much less in the same breath! When Z's name was put out there, the bell was rung and the snowball started downhill.

Casey outright accused a person by the initials of ZFG of being her nanny, of taking her child, of a connection to Sawgrass. IOW's she gave enough personally identifiable info to LE to allow ZFG to be identified. Later Casey denied even knowing ZFG. Just because she changed her mind doesn't mean she shouldn't hold Casey responsible for that. I hope she does win.

And not only that, Casey lawyered up, LE can't even ask her questions. But Casey only has two options for this lawsuit. Go to court and testify or skip court and pay off whatever damages the court gives her. IOW's if she doesn't go to prison, she won't have the money to party and she will be eating beans for a looong time. LOL, she will be lucky to be able to afford hamburger once in a while.

But if she goes to court, she will have to answer questions about what she says that ZFG did with Caylee, where she did it, why she did it, where she got ZFG's name and info and lots of other questions about this matter. And I can almost guarentee you that investigators and district attorneys will be sitting in the audience taking notes.

It occurs to me that KC would not, under any circumstances, identify Z, even if she were standing right in front of her. Why? Because LE had interviewed Z and had cleared her. If KC had said, 'great guys, you found her,' poof, there goes the kidnapping theory. But not identifying her, it sends LE looking into any other Zs in Florida. But the problem is, coincidence or not, there are no other Z's, or ZFG's but this one who were at Sawgrass.

Exactly :clap:

my answers are in bold

No, I did not see the my space - figured it was not my business to delve into ZG's life. After learning how many names Casey made up based on the names of people she went to school with and that there was a girl named Zanaida at Casey's school, I can believe it was a coincidence that she came up with that particular name. What sense does it make to use the name of someone she knew looked at the model apartment and that left a phone number where they could be reached by LE? How would Casey even have access to that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname