Zodiac Killer

‘Monster: The Zodiac Killer’: Hear New Podcast’s Trailer
Program includes interviews with investigators, journalists and victims’ family members

"A trailer for the podcast Monster: The Zodiac Killer focuses on the unknown murderer’s lust for publicity. The two-minute clip includes reenacted audio from the Killer’s notes to the press, speculation from people who were amazed by the Killer’s terrorism and recordings from newsreels around the time.

“Here we are 50 years after the first Zodiac killing,” says one of the commentators. “In today’s world of forensics, old cases are being solved. We’re talking about probably the most famous cold case of the last century or so, in terms of its drama and being unsolved. Who doesn’t want to know how it turns out?”

The first episode will premiere via iHeartMedia News/Talk radio stations on January 2nd at 7 p.m. local time. That and the second episode will be made available for streaming on the iHeartPodcast Network on January 3rd. New episodes of the 15-installment series will come out weekly. Episodes from its predecessor, Atlanta Monster, are available to stream now...."

‘Monster: The Zodiac Killer’: Hear New Podcast’s Trailer – Rolling Stone
---

Trailer for the podcast Monster: The Zodiac Killer

Listen to the Monster Episode - S2 Trailer: Monster: The Zodiac Killer on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio
---

Monster

Listen Free to Monster on iHeartRadio Podcasts | iHeartRadio
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 years after first case, Zodiac Killer still taunts Bay Area investigators

DEC. 20, 2018

"Dec. 20 (UPI) -- One of the strangest, most high-profile serial killers in U.S. history -- spawning books, TV programs and movies -- began his reign of terror 50 years ago Thursday, killing two teenagers in a San Francisco Bay Area community...."

50 years after first case, Zodiac Killer still taunts Bay Area investigators
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<modsnip: quoted was removed; not an approved source>

By any chance, Did you see the series that ran last year; I forget what network. Two former detectives followed leads that may link the Zodiac to cold cases outside of CA, as long as a decade later. Was riveting.

Last edited by a moderator:
By any chance, Did you see the series that ran last year; I forget what network. Two former detectives followed leads that may link the Zodiac to cold cases outside of CA, as long as a decade later. Was riveting.
Yes! It was called 'Hunt for the Zodiac Killer'. It seemed they had a guy, in upstate NY, who had connections to the No Cal area, and possible some victims, but it didn't seem to lead anywhere. I also remembering them working on getting DNA tested (not sure what the DNA source was), but I saw somewhere that the show was not renewed.
The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb

the one thing that has always stood out to me is the killing by the lake. it is so far removed from others i cant help but think there was more than one person. i mean games usually include more than one person right ?

the one thing that has always stood out to me is the killing by the lake. it is so far removed from others i cant help but think there was more than one person. i mean games usually include more than one person right ?

Lake Berryessa is a one-hour-drive from Vallejo.

I thought this was pretty good, mostly standard stuff, but interesting insight into why Z might have used the hood at theBerryessa attack.

This case has been something I've been somewhat obsessed with for years now, and the one person that really stands out to me (I know a lot of people will disagree) is Arthur Leigh Allen. From what I've read, Robert Greysmith and Dave Toschi thought Arthur Leigh Allen was responsible, and if he isn't, he is truly the unluckiest person. He lived in the area of each murder, he misspelled the same words, he owned a 'Zodiac' brand watch which used the gun sight symbol as their logo. The man that lived through the first Zodiac attack identified Allen as the man who shot him. In the letters, Zodiac says he uses something on his hands and fingertips when killing, stating that "I haven't left any fingerprints despite what the police say". The partial DNA profile pulled from the envelope didn't match Allen, but would he really be stupid enough to lick that letter himself? The police department who are in possession of the partial DNA profile have admitted that it may not even be from the Zodiac. Zodiac loved the play 'The Mikado', and several of Allen's students said that he used to say "Tit Willow", which is a line from that play. Usually I don't go against DNA evidence, but there is so much circumstantial evidence against him and it's impossible to ignore. Allen had ties to Riverside, he lived in Vallejo where the first attacks took place and a friend of Darlene Farrin said that there was a man who called himself "Leigh" had been stalking Darlene and making her feel uncomfortable. He was close by the Lake Berryessa area when that attack occurred. He lived just a few blocks away from the site where Paul Stine was murdered. He had a "lumbering gait", as Z seemed to have when he was spotted by two SFPD officers. He was an admitted fan of "The Most Dangerous Game". He made several incriminating comments and statements to friends before the attacks started. When interviewed by Toschi and Armstrong he seemed to already know why they were there. He had the same size 10.5 feet as Z. He also said he "can't wait until the day when police are no longer referred to as 'pigs'", and Z often referred to the police as 'pigs'. I know I'm going to have a lot of people who are going to disagree with me, but I think it's too much to just be a coincidence.

Good post, Stephylee. I don't know the case nearly as well as others, and I don't know enough challenge hardly anything you say, but I will say the stamp is interesting. Because the only thing that any suspect might have worried about being detectable on the stamp at that time would be possible blood typing from a secretor type individual. DNA technology was unheard of at the time, so he might not have worried about licking the stamp at all.

I listened to the 'Monster' podcast on this by Payne Lindsey and co. It mentioned that the DNA from the letters is quite incomplete, but that there is also DNA from the Bates murder. Does anyone know more about that. Of course, they may not both be Zodiac, but if so, then maybe the Bates case is the better hope. Ok, according to this, its mitochondrial.
http://www.sfweekly.com/news/yester...ofiles-and-the-murderers-who-might-be-zodiac/

Last edited:
Good post, Stephylee. I don't know the case nearly as well as others, and I don't know enough challenge hardly anything you say, but I will say the stamp is interesting. Because the only thing that any suspect might have worried about being detectable on the stamp at that time would be possible blood typing from a secretor type individual. DNA technology was unheard of at the time, so he might not have worried about licking the stamp at all.
Maybe he didn't like to lick stamps and asked someone to do it. Maybe he swiped a pre-stamped envelope from his workplace. Was it possible to buy pre-stamped envelopes back then, say at a drugstore or a five-and-dime? I know that the post office sold postage paid envelopes, but I don't think that those actually had stamps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back