SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley---if you don't mind, what is the area near the water where her car was found known as? Is this a locals favorite hang out to party or a "lover's lane" spot? Do people hang there at night and socialize? Or is it a rarely frequented area at night?

I grew up here in Myrtle Beach. I don't believe it's ever been a well lit area so I'd be surprised for a single female to go meet someone at Peachtree Landing late at night. My guess is most boaters would not even be out of there after dusk.

It's a boat landing. That waterway does go out into the intracoastal waterway which does have access to the ocean and is pretty deep. That is not a hang out area, it's not a well-traveled road/area by any means.

ETA: I would even go so far as to say that non-locals probably wouldn't have knowledge of that area.

I agree that you'd have to reside here to have knowledge it's there. It's not a well lit area like Wacca Wache Marina, unless that's changed recently.

To answer the questions related to my previous post "she" is heather!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Room Mate is in Florida. Christmas break. Lots of this information is correct some not. More to come at a later time when permission is released. Tat is real. Hold your tater folks.

:welcome: Creek-Ratz! :wagon:

:seeya:

I just dropped in to see whats being said about this...my younger brother just started dating a girl from the area and I met her for the first time yesterday. She told me she knew Heather, but not well, and that the landing was a place where teens were hanging out before this happened but they are not doing so now. Not much but that's what I got.

I asked if she had any guesses on what happened and she said she thought she was taken rather than left on her own.

Prayers for the family and friends of Heather.

Posted on another site that 3 billboards were seen with Heather Elvis on them on the 17 By-Pass.. Awareness is the key...

Posted on another site that 3 billboards were seen with Heather Elvis on them on Hwy 501.. Awareness is the key...

Yes, saw one of them yesterday on 17 bypass in MB. Finally some exposure...let's get Heather home!

:welcome3::greetings:

Welcome to all the new posters!

I'm a native of the area and have driven to Peachtree Landing twice in the last few days, simply because I can't get this off of my mind. There is is little to no activity in the area, it's surprising to me. At first I thought it was because LE had leads they were working and the info was being kept close to the chest, but since Terry's post yesterday I think they are clueless on what happened. Ptree Landing is remote and I don't think a tourist would even know about it. The woods surrounding the landing are swampy and thick, it would be a tough search by foot. Very worried for Heather and her family.

:welcome: Bestill and Beba! :wagon:

:seeya:

My Opinion only-open letter to the Horry County police department -SC..- Horry County Police Department "Official Page"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horry-County-Police-Department-Official-Page/135784896487265

RE: If you have any information that can help us locate Heather Elvis, you are asked to call our tip line at 915-TIPS.

Horry Co PD, The American public is the most valuable investigative resource in missing person cases. The antiquated close to the vest investigative strategy from the 1950s is the catalyst for the 100,000+ missing persons cold cases in the USA. We are in the communications era. Please don't squander this very valuable resource.
Release some information to the public via the MS Media. You can't connect the dots, if you can't collect the dots..

"Without public safety for our families, we have nothing"....

399_zpsc753a09f.jpg

I updated my map and added some other addresses that you folks have mentioned. The boat landing location on my first map was a bit off and I corrected that.

So my gut instincts (and that is all it is) tells me this:

It's either the new guy.....and he came back 'cause he's obsessed and wanted more...???

Or it's the old guy who is jealous and has been stalking her since they weren't getting along or dating anymore???

Are these two possibilites local guys? Did they fish or hunt? Did they seem obsessive? Do they have a criminal history? What does the roommate or bff's think?

I just wonder if she had a pet at the new apartment that had to be let out late to do it's "business" in the wee hours and that was the opportune moment for whoever it was that was calling her/watching her to abduct her?

Anyone know???

does anyone know if any searching was done today? I hope the weekend searches are starting tomorrow AM. so much time has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX