SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – It's been over a week since anyone has heard from 20-year-old Heather Elvis. The last time anyone spoke to her, was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date.

Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

I'm thinking too hard on that statement. Does that mean that LE has info that indicate someone spoke to Heather later than that but that person has not admitted to that yet? or is even denying that they spoke to Heather later than 3am Wednesday?

Room Mate is in Florida. Christmas break. Lots of this information is correct some not. More to come at a later time when permission is released. Tat is real. Hold your tater folks.

Heather does live at the address off River Oaks drive. She went on a date and returned home around midnight, and called her roommate , who was out of town at the time. Her parents live off Sly Fox Trail, which is very near the area her car was located. She just moved in with the girl she was living with at the time of heir disappearance, not more then 2 weeks, she was living with her ex boyfriend who they say was volatile or verbally abusive.

Please cite your sources...as this information seems speculative and not substantiated by MSM or LE. The info is appreciated, but we need to know it's fact and not opinion or speculation. Thanks!

The phone number is incorrect, though. I hope they didn't actually post this on the billboards because that number is to resort, not the HCPD. The correct number is 843-915-5350.

Thanx Charlie.. Sent them the correction...

They said she made a call at 3am to the roommate but her parents told me she called as soon as she arrived back from her date at midnight. There was another number that either a call or text came from., the parents didn't recognize the number , but upon talking to the roommate discovered its origin, and I believe that call is being investigated

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wow, that puts her disappearance in a whole new light. Thanks for sharing!

:welcomeback: Creek-Ratz! I hope you are bringing some new information to us tonight!

does anyone know if any searching was done today? I hope the weekend searches are starting tomorrow AM. so much time has passed.

One of the articles I just read said indeed there were searches today and a few people searching yesterday as well. I know they're gearing up for more searches Saturday as well.

I'm confused as to where she went after her date--her own apt in Carolina Forest or her parents' home down near Surfside? I thought MSM was saying the last ping came from CF area?

>>nm, just say a post that clarified this.

I'm surprised they count her community as Carolina Forest though. There's also a lot of, um, tired looking businesses lining 501 right there by River Oaks. I wonder which, if any, have late night activity.

Do you know if there is a camera on top of the old swing bridge there on 544?

2qxx9qc.jpg

Is this a camera?
http://goo.gl/maps/mUfyv

One of the articles I just read said indeed there were searches today and a few people searching yesterday as well. I know they're gearing up for more searches Saturday as well.

There were searches yesterday, today...and more searching to take place tomorrow. I also know there is going to be a search Saturday. I don't have specific details or location information, yet.

Monica Caison with the CUE Center said it's almost like Heather just vanished. They have been on the water every single day since he disappearance was reported. They have had people and teams of canines on the water. There is nothing to indicate she is in the water at this point, but it is cold and they need to eliminate any possibility that she is there.

Caison wants to call out to experienced boaters and fishermen that have boats and can help search to contact her directly at 910-343-1131.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman
Is this just bad reporting? Nothing to suggest she is in the water, but CUE searches have almost unilaterally focused on the water - and - they are asking for more people with boats, to search this weekend? I have to think there is some sort of evidence which is pointing to the water, but LE is being tight lipped about it.

There were searches yesterday, today...and more searching to take place tomorrow. I also know there is going to be a search Saturday. I don't have specific details or location information, yet.

Yes, I saw on the FB page that we should call CUE after 2 pm tomorrow to find out about volunteering for Saturday.

Is this just bad reporting? Nothing to suggest she is in the water, but CUE searches have almost unilaterally focused on the water - and - they are asking for more people with boats, to search this weekend? I have to think there is some sort of evidence which is pointing to the water, but LE is being tight lipped about it.

I assume finding her car at the boat landing would be enough to cause them to focus there first? And I'm guessing that if you start a search in a moving body of water, then put it on hold to search the ground, you might have to re-search already covered areas in case the current moved any evidence? Or the current would have time to carry any evidence further away?

I assume finding her car at the boat landing would be enough to cause them to focus there first? And I'm guessing that if you start a search in a moving body of water, then put it on hold to search the ground, you might have to re-search already covered areas in case the current moved any evidence? Or the current would have time to carry any evidence further away?

That's logical I agree, but not to the near exclusion of land searches. CUE is going to take cues from LE on where to search (pardon the pun).

I've seen many cases where LE made assumptions, and as it turned out, were very wrong. Not criticizing HCPD, just thinking out loud and discussing.

There is a lot of missing information here. Makes me think LE has some ideas and are following up behind the scenes. I pray this is so.

I hope new information is released soon, it's frightening that someone vanishes into thin air. With Heather starting a new job it doesn't make sense that she'd disappear on her own.
Is there any way for police to know if someone on Heather's Facebook unfriended her since her disappearance?

Interesting that the Trulia crime map for near her apartment shows report of a suspicious person/vehicle on the 17th!within a block or two--and that this doesn't seem to be a rare occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin