SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure the roommate was at home in another state when this happened. According to Bri twitter she arrived home for the holidays after a Heather was reported missing. Also, I find Bri's random tweets about a guy kindof odd considering what is going on with heather...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perfect thank you Kimi!! We need to downsize the image though, blowing the margins.

Could the phone call at 3 am been from somewhere else or perhaps while she was driving somewhere. She could have just went home to pick up some things and just went right back to where she was. I am new to this form so forgive if the way I type isn't up to the standards of this board to.

J

:welcome: jkloc420 to WS! I make more typing mistakes than anyone, so you are certainly more than up to the standards of this board.

So the last time her phone pinged was at 3 am. I was under the impression that she used her phone at 3 am and made a phone call. Of course if the phone pings has opposed to be used, it changes everything. Can anyone give me the correct information on this.

j

HEATHER RACHEL ELVIS
Reported missing 12/19/2013

PERSONAL
BIRTHDATE: June 29, 1993 (20 yo)
HAIR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Brown
HEIGHT: 5' 1"
WEIGHT: 118 lbs
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Compass pointer style tattoo on L forearm
- Permanent or henna?

FAMILY
FATHER: Terry Elvis
SISTER: Morgan R. Elvis (younger)
COUSIN: Courtney Elvis

ROOMMATE: Bri W.
- Out of town at time of disappearance

FAMILY Residence: Socastee, SC
HER Residence: ??

EDUCATION / WORK
Education: Ashworth College // HGTC
Work: Tilted Kilt Pub (verified correct) // House of Blues (maybe incorrect)
- About to start job as makeup artist in hair salon

MISSING
Missing on or about Tuesday night, 12/17/2013
- Suspected between 12:00pm and 6:00am Wed morning
- Went by parents' house to pick up mail Tuesday afternoon
Last known location: 541 White River Drive (just off River Oaks Drive)
Last contact: Phone call around 3:00am Wednesday 12/18/2013
- Phone turned off or battery dead since then
Car found abandoned in 6600 block of Peachtree Road
- Found at Peachtree Landing (6699 State Road S-26-611, Socastee, SC, 29588) on 12/19/2013 at night
- 2001 Dodge Intrepid; Dark green w/ gray steering wheel

INCIDENTALS
Has large sunglasses with half smoked glass
Doesn't wear heavy makeup
Likes tattoos
- Compass pointer style tattoo on left forearm
Cell phone in pink case (2012)
Keychain has a large red plastic heart & store discount tag

Thank you, CharlieJ!

This is so helpful!

:tyou:

So the last time her phone pinged was at 3 am. I was under the impression that she used her phone at 3 am and made a phone call. Of course if the phone pings has opposed to be used, it changes everything. Can anyone give me the correct information on this.

j

I don't think we know about pings, has LE stated this? IIRC, her phone is dead or turned off and has been for several days.

I assumed Heather's parents were able to access her cell phone records, this is how we know the last communication via cell was to BW @ 3:00AM. The content of that call, explained as being about her date that night, again likely came from her parents speaking to BW.

Could the phone call at 3 am been from somewhere else or perhaps while she was driving somewhere. She could have just went home to pick up some things and just went right back to where she was. I am new to this form so forgive if the way I type isn't up to the standards of this board to.

J

:welcome: Jkloc! :wagon:

Your post is just fine! :sunshine:

and... I, too, have been wondering if the 3:00 a.m. Phone call by Heather could have been made somewhere other than her residence? :waitasec:

:seeya:

There is another address she used from 2010 when she answered a traffic ticket in court. Is that her parents address?

MODS .... this is the address not sure if I could post it .....it is published on a public website.. 105 Sly Fox Trail, Myrtle Beach SC
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...&CourtAgency=26101&Casenum=68504FA&CaseType=T

This Sly Fox address is the address I found for her father on Free White Pages...

Mods... Please delete if this is not within TOS...

JMO

Odd wording...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Snipped:
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – It's been over a week since anyone has heard from 20-year-old Heather Elvis. The last time anyone heard from Heather, was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date. Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.

Just re-posting Jersey Girl's post about 'odd wording'.

Perfect thank you Kimi!! We need to downsize the image though, blowing the margins.

No worries, I'll hop over to photobucket and see what I can do in edit mode.

Of course, they look fine on my chromebook, but I guess that's the default settings. UGH, Scroogled once again! :banghead: My apologies!

If you have a recommendation for image resize parameters, please let me know and I will give them a try. Otherwise, I will edit this post after I have adjusted them (based on guestimates) and await your/others' feedback.

I may not be able to tell if it makes a difference, but I am willing to help any way I can.

:)

I get the feeling that she may have been harmed by someone she knew, not a random predator, JMO.

Just re-posting Jersey Girl's post about 'odd wording'.

Wish the person who mentioned an abusive boyfriend would come back. Were they talking about Heather or BW? If it was Heather, and she had recently terminated a relationship with an abusive boyfriend. It changes the whole picture for me. We could be looking at a scenario similar to the Kaley Brooks case Found Deceased MI - Kaley Brooks, 19, Jackson, 21 Dec 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
icon9.gif

If it was BW in an abusive relationship, and she was not in the apartment that night. What could that potentially mean for Heather and her well-being?

Please note none of the above is factual, just speculation based on something an unverified poster said.

No worries, I'll hop over to photobucket and see what I can do in edit mode.

Of course, they look fine on my chromebook, but I guess that's the default settings. UGH, Scroogled once again! :banghead: My apologies!

If you have a recommendation for image resize parameters, please let me know and I will give them a try. Otherwise, I will edit this post after I have adjusted them (based on guestimates) and await your/others' feedback.

I may not be able to tell if it makes a difference, but I am willing to help any way I can.

:)

I use 640x480, based on choice from tinypic.com for message boards. Thank you for all your help!!! :loveyou:

ok, So she got home at midnight....... I was under the impression (and it seems a lot of people were) that she last used her phone at 3:00 in the morning.

so the question is...... What happened after midnight?

I wonder if this EB has been questioned.

Someone on the facebook find page mentioned a rock quarry and ponds near the area her car was found? Hope these are the types of areas in the expanded search.

CUE is involved and they have their dogs. I wonder if they brought them to Peachtree Landing? Did they pick up a scent trail which lead towards the water? Is that why the focus was primarily aimed there?

I use 640x480, based on choice from tinypic.com for message boards. Thank you for all your help!!! :loveyou:

I wasn't able to access the older posts, to edit and modify the IMG URLs. Add to that, photobucket only allowed me to replace the original on Margarita25's Google Earth image (which has the labels, and is my personal fave, as it's the most user-friendly/easiest to read).

I am attaching all three, resized, images here:

5 points of interest:

6 points of interest:

Mods, feel free to delete the IMG codes out of my previous posts, if needed. I didn't mean to mess with the margins! :facepalm:

As I stated earlier, they look fine to me, but I think that's because of the default settings for chromebook. Bah Scroogle! :blushing:

Hopefully, this works (let me know if it doesn't!), and I will make sure to use these modified settings from here on out. :)

If you have any tips your asked to call Horry County Police Department at (843) 915-5350.

There is an $11,000 reward being offered.

The Cue Center for Missing Persons is asking for any experienced boaters and fishermen that have boats to come out and help them search this weekend.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=987555#.UrzQSvvkfUQ

I'm a native of the area and have driven to Peachtree Landing twice in the last few days, simply because I can't get this off of my mind. There is is little to no activity in the area, it's surprising to me. At first I thought it was because LE had leads they were working and the info was being kept close to the chest, but since Terry's post yesterday I think they are clueless on what happened. Ptree Landing is remote and I don't think a tourist would even know about it. The woods surrounding the landing are swampy and thick, it would be a tough search by foot. Very worried for Heather and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darbs76