SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, my heart completely dropped when I read the first nine words of the newest post on the FHE Facebook page...thankfully it was pertaining to the lack of response from Govener Haley!

Perhaps, but no one here is LE so we don't even know if what we are posting is accurate. We are just guessing like everyone else with the same information everyone else has.

That's what I'm thinking. There is nothing on here that isn't out there on the web for public consumption. Actually there is even less on here than is available on the web for public consumption since our scope of discussion is so limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except in the transcripts it was Heather's Dad that verified this at that moment:

"GRACE: Did they find her purse and her cell phone at the apartment?

TERRY ELVIS: No, her purse and cell phone are missing along with her. Everything else looks to be where it`s supposed to be."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/06/ng.01.html

IMOO.

FWIW Here is the section of the transcript pertinent to HE:

GRACE: When we come back, tonight, the desperate search for a 20- year-old hostess at a local restaurant. She disappears after going out for a Mexican dinner. Her car, a Dodge, turns up nearby abandoned. Tonight, where is Heather?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It was seemingly just another day for a 20- year-old makeup artist and House of Blues hostess. She dropped by her parents` home to pick up mail, and went out on a date later that night. But since about 3:00 AM, she`s never heard from again.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s hard. It`s very hard. So anyone, if you know anything, help us put this nightmare to bed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I`m scared. I mean, really, really worried.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Her cell phone, radio silent. Group searches turn up nothing.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Tonight, we go live to Myrtle Beach and the desperate search for a 20-year-old girl. She`s a hostess at a local restaurant. She disappears after a night at a dinner, a Mexican restaurant. Her Dodge Intrepid turns up nearby, abandoned. Time is running out in the search for Heather.

We are taking your calls. Straight out to Rita Cosby, investigative journalist. You know, that evening, she had a very normal evening. She goes out to dinner at a local restaurant. She calls her dad around 10:30. And she even, I think, texts him a photo of her driving a stick shift, saying, Look, hey, I`m finally driving a stick shift.

She gets home to the apartment she`s sharing near where she works there at the House of Blues restaurant. And she had been on a date with a new guy. He is not a suspect. He`s totally cooperating. She comes home from the date. She calls her friends, talks about how much fun she had on the date, talking about her new boyfriend.

Boom! That`s it, Rita.

COSBY: Yes, it`s a bizarre story. And the last communication, which you just pointed out, Nancy, was around 3:41 in the morning, when she called her roommate to say, Hey, I had a great date. The boyfriend or the guy she went on the date with said he saw her car parked at the apartment. That`s significant because what happened was, the next day, a cop saw her car abandoned about 10 miles away at a spot she used to hang out, and that`s when they learned she was missing.

GRACE: Guys, this girl is just 20 years old. She is a student. She`s working, also studying. With me tonight, making a plea for your help, her parents are with us live, Debbie and Terry Elvis, joining us from Myrtle Beach.

First to you, the father, Terry, thank you so much for being with us. You heard from her that night. What was it, around 10:30, she sends you a picture, a text of her driving a stick shift? Is that how it went?

TERRY ELVIS, FATHER: Yes, ma`am. She texted me a picture, and she had a smile on her face, just normal. I mean, she was having a good time. She -- the only caption below it said, Look at me, I`m a pro. I`m driving a stick shift. It was something I had tried to teach her before, and now she was doing it. She was very proud of it.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The area searched by air, by land and by water, even horseback and ATV brought in. But no sign of Heather.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m asking to you keep looking because this is my family and this is my sister, and she`s my other half, my better half. And I just want her home.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Out to the lines. Michael, Virginia. What`s your question, Michael?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, I was wondering, were there any cameras around where she was working?

GRACE: Any surveillance cameras? Good question. Let`s go to Heather`s mom. Debbie Elvis is with us tonight. Everyone, her parents are joining me and asking you for your help in finding their girl, still their baby. She`s 20 years old. She`s a student. She`s working, helping put herself through school.

And with me tonight, her parents. With me, Terry and Debbie Elvis. Ms. Elvis, what about surveillance video, anywhere around that little apartment that she was sharing that`s close to where she works at House of Blues? Any surveillance video at all?

DEBBIE ELVIS, MOTHER: I`m not sure if there was at her apartment. I know the police department, Horry County police and all the different agencies that are working with them, have looked for every surveillance video that she might have been in prior to her going missing, and then again after. And they`ve got help going through the hours and hours of surveillance video that they`ve collected.

I haven`t heard anything that`s turned up from any of them. I`m not sure where they`ve been collected from. I just know that they`re searching everywhere, every place she could have possibly been.

GRACE: OK. Let`s go out to Michael Smith, the editor of "The Carolina Forest Chronicle." Michael, it`s a real pleasure to have you with us tonight. Michael, did the roommates notice her leaving? I mean, the date brought her home. He`s been very cooperative. He`s talked to the parents. He`s talked to police. He`s distraught. He`s helping search.

Did the roommates notice, did she go back out? Was she supposed to be at work the next day?

MICHAEL SMITH, "CAROLINA FOREST CHRONICLE" (via telephone): Thanks for having me. We don`t have any information about the roommate. In fact, the police report doesn`t even say if the roommate was home or what that situation was. It did say that they -- as you saw her off (ph), her car was still parked there at the apartment at about 2:00 to 2:30 in the morning. This is from the police records...

GRACE: And that was starting Wednesday, Michael Smith -- Michael Smith, the editor of "The Carolina Forest Chronicle." So she gets home Tuesday night. The date drops her off after dinner. And that`s confirmed. She goes in. She calls friends to tell them about her date. That`s in the wee morning hours, she`s calling on the phone and texting.

But then what happens there, Michael? What happens, Michael Smith? What`s the next known thing, her car turns up?

SMITH: Right. Pretty much. It`s difficult to say. There are elements of the official police report that are still redacted, so it`s difficult to say what else police know, other than that. There is some mention of video surveillance. Where the surveillance came from is also redacted...

GRACE: Right.

SMITH: ... other than that it was a business with a drive-through.

GRACE: Let me go back to you the parents, Michael. With me, Debbie and Terry Elvis. To you, Terry Elvis. I was inundated day after day to help find Heather. And I want to help find Heather. I want you to know that.

Let me ask you this. Have police confided to you about when her cell phone was last used?

TERRY ELVIS: We know that the cell phone was last used 3:41 Wednesday morning, AM. That`s been confirmed. I found that the first night when I -- her phone is actually on our account, and I pulled up the information, and that was the last known use of the phone.

GRACE: Terry, was that pinged back to her apartment?

TERRY ELVIS: At this time, they won`t really confirm where it was pinged to.

GRACE: Did they find her purse and her cell phone at the apartment?

TERRY ELVIS: No, her purse and cell phone are missing along with her. Everything else looks to be where it`s supposed to be.

GRACE: Everyone, there is a $25,000 reward to help find Heather Elvis. She`s just a 20-year-old girl. Her parents are begging for your help tonight. The tip line, 843-915-TIPS -- 843-915-TIPS. Please help us find Heather.

------

It's the only way to see what TE said on NG in context, as well as reference the statements made re: redacted LE reports, etc. IMHO.....

Oh my gosh, my heart completely dropped when I read the first nine words of the newest post on the FHE Facebook page...thankfully it was pertaining to the lack of response from Govener Haley!

Mine too.

I just went through all of my "member cards" and found one that could be a match, it's from Phantom Fireworks (don't judge me!). It's a wider rectangle than most, white with a barcode and numbers below it.

Susan DeLuca, missing from Aynor in 2010, may have last been seen at a fireworks stand, but it was Sparky's in Marion County (according to Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/deluca_susan.html) I presume that's a different place?

Yesterday after the search QUE said no searches today. I saw the post on FHE last night that there was going to be a QUE approved search today at 1:00. For verification I stopped by the tip station set up at Bob Evans this morning and was told that it was approved by QUE but that they were not going to be involved in it. Also, the searchers were meeting at the Chic-fil-a on 501 (across from the outlet mall) which had me curious as this was not near any of the previous searches (that I know of.)

This new area was assigned by CUE and HCPD. And CUE was not involved today due to a board meeting previously arranged.

GRACE: When we come back, tonight, the desperate search for a 20- year-old hostess at a local restaurant. She disappears after going out for a Mexican dinner. Her car, a Dodge, turns up nearby abandoned. Tonight, where is Heather?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It was seemingly just another day for a 20- year-old makeup artist and House of Blues hostess. She dropped by her parents` home to pick up mail, and went out on a date later that night. But since about 3:00 AM, she`s never heard from again.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s hard. It`s very hard. So anyone, if you know anything, help us put this nightmare to bed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Her cell phone, radio silent. Group searches turn up nothing.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Tonight, we go live to Myrtle Beach and the desperate search for a 20-year-old girl. She`s a hostess at a local restaurant. She disappears after a night at a dinner, a Mexican restaurant. Her Dodge Intrepid turns up nearby, abandoned. Time is running out in the search for Heather.

We are taking your calls. Straight out to Rita Cosby, investigative journalist. You know, that evening, she had a very normal evening. She goes out to dinner at a local restaurant. She calls her dad around 10:30. And she even, I think, texts him a photo of her driving a stick shift, saying, Look, hey, I`m finally driving a stick shift.

She gets home to the apartment she`s sharing near where she works there at the House of Blues restaurant. And she had been on a date with a new guy. He is not a suspect. He`s totally cooperating. She comes home from the date. She calls her friends, talks about how much fun she had on the date, talking about her new boyfriend.

Boom! That`s it, Rita.

COSBY: Yes, it`s a bizarre story. And the last communication, which you just pointed out, Nancy, was around 3:41 in the morning, when she called her roommate to say, Hey, I had a great date. The boyfriend or the guy she went on the date with said he saw her car parked at the apartment. That`s significant because what happened was, the next day, a cop saw her car abandoned about 10 miles away at a spot she used to hang out, and that`s when they learned she was missing.

GRACE: Guys, this girl is just 20 years old. She is a student. She`s working, also studying. With me tonight, making a plea for your help, her parents are with us live, Debbie and Terry Elvis, joining us from Myrtle Beach.

First to you, the father, Terry, thank you so much for being with us. You heard from her that night. What was it, around 10:30, she sends you a picture, a text of her driving a stick shift? Is that how it went?

TERRY ELVIS, FATHER: Yes, ma`am. She texted me a picture, and she had a smile on her face, just normal. I mean, she was having a good time. She -- the only caption below it said, Look at me, I`m a pro. I`m driving a stick shift. It was something I had tried to teach her before, and now she was doing it. She was very proud of it.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The area searched by air, by land and by water, even horseback and ATV brought in. But no sign of Heather.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m asking to you keep looking because this is my family and this is my sister, and she`s my other half, my better half. And I just want her home.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, I was wondering, were there any cameras around where she was working?

GRACE: Any surveillance cameras? Good question. Let`s go to Heather`s mom. Debbie Elvis is with us tonight. Everyone, her parents are joining me and asking you for your help in finding their girl, still their baby. She`s 20 years old. She`s a student. She`s working, helping put herself through school.

And with me tonight, her parents. With me, Terry and Debbie Elvis. Ms. Elvis, what about surveillance video, anywhere around that little apartment that she was sharing that`s close to where she works at House of Blues? Any surveillance video at all?

DEBBIE ELVIS, MOTHER: I`m not sure if there was at her apartment. I know the police department, Horry County police and all the different agencies that are working with them, have looked for every surveillance video that she might have been in prior to her going missing, and then again after. And they`ve got help going through the hours and hours of surveillance video that they`ve collected.

I haven`t heard anything that`s turned up from any of them. I`m not sure where they`ve been collected from. I just know that they`re searching everywhere, every place she could have possibly been.

GRACE: OK. Let`s go out to Michael Smith, the editor of "The Carolina Forest Chronicle." Michael, it`s a real pleasure to have you with us tonight. Michael, did the roommates notice her leaving? I mean, the date brought her home. He`s been very cooperative. He`s talked to the parents. He`s talked to police. He`s distraught. He`s helping search.

Did the roommates notice, did she go back out? Was she supposed to be at work the next day?

MICHAEL SMITH, "CAROLINA FOREST CHRONICLE" (via telephone): Thanks for having me. We don`t have any information about the roommate. In fact, the police report doesn`t even say if the roommate was home or what that situation was. It did say that they -- as you saw her off (ph), her car was still parked there at the apartment at about 2:00 to 2:30 in the morning. This is from the police records...

GRACE: And that was starting Wednesday, Michael Smith -- Michael Smith, the editor of "The Carolina Forest Chronicle." So she gets home Tuesday night. The date drops her off after dinner. And that`s confirmed. She goes in. She calls friends to tell them about her date. That`s in the wee morning hours, she`s calling on the phone and texting.

But then what happens there, Michael? What happens, Michael Smith? What`s the next known thing, her car turns up?

SMITH: Right. Pretty much. It`s difficult to say. There are elements of the official police report that are still redacted, so it`s difficult to say what else police know, other than that. There is some mention of video surveillance. Where the surveillance came from is also redacted...

GRACE: Let me go back to you the parents, Michael. With me, Debbie and Terry Elvis. To you, Terry Elvis. I was inundated day after day to help find Heather. And I want to help find Heather. I want you to know that.

Let me ask you this. Have police confided to you about when her cell phone was last used?

TERRY ELVIS: We know that the cell phone was last used 3:41 Wednesday morning, AM. That`s been confirmed. I found that the first night when I -- her phone is actually on our account, and I pulled up the information, and that was the last known use of the phone.

TERRY ELVIS: No, her purse and cell phone are missing along with her. Everything else looks to be where it`s supposed to be.

GRACE: Everyone, there is a $25,000 reward to help find Heather Elvis. She`s just a 20-year-old girl. Her parents are begging for your help tonight. The tip line, 843-915-TIPS -- 843-915-TIPS. Please help us find Heather.

------

It's the only way to see what TE said on NG in context, as well as reference the statements made re: redacted LE reports, etc. IMHO.....

Kind of interesting the police wont say if it pinged back to the apartment

I read their request to contact the Gov and I'm not even sure I can comment about it here so please delete if I violate something.
All I will say is I think the focus is somewhat off.

I'm thinking it is okay to say that because in the TOS it says we are victim friendly and that includes friends and family . . .
but we may discuss family as it pertains to the case.

This post I mention is a direct request from the family to help with the case. So maybe I won't get deleted??

Makes me wonder if the roommate loaned her keys out. If she wasnt there she could have

It looks like some happiness has found this suffering family. Lady Hawk, please pass along congrats and best wishes on ME winning the Miss Summerville title,yesterday. Mother and daughter looked so happy and proud in the pic that was posted.

If I were a gamblin' gal, I'd say HE's roomie would know who the most likeliest person would be for HE to have a 3:40am phone call "conversation" with.

It's not the time that a reasonable call is made----it's a call that is made to someone that you have a "special" type of relationship with.

I'd think that presumably the roomie might have a clue as to whom it might be and WHY, no???

:scared:

If you were a gamblin gal, IMO that would be a good bet.
One of Heathers close friends might have an idea of who could be responsible. They must be heartbroken their friend is missing and nervous...the responsible party may be a random stranger but could very well be someone they know.
I hope all of Heather's friends are aware that someone could be dangerous, careful who they spend time with, and helping investigators.

Sadly, I would think they are pleased with the lack of information.

Perhaps the guilty is watching and reading WS for clues as to what the LE is thinking.

IMO ~ I am choosing to believe that the LE knows a lot more than they are revealing to the general public.

Let us not give the POI hope by thinking that the LE isn't very close to a resolution/arrest or all over the truth. The truth always reveals itself and this person or persons will be caught.

Wouldn't it just be easier on everyone if the POI would just go ahead and confess what they know so the Elvis family can bring her home?

Praying daily for Heathers return~

Carolina:

Can you give us any info regarding the search dogs? Any hits, what types of dogs used, etc, etc.

I vaguely thought I had read somewhere that the dogs did NOT hit on HE's car and yet there was a vague hit in an old church somewhere.

You know anything?

QUE's command station was set up right in front of a creepy old boarded up church yesterday...coincidence?

BBM - This article from January 8th makes a little mention of the above.

How interesting about where they chose to set up the command center yesterday.

Quote: ... He said Sunday that his team found a few shoes, clothes and a few bones on Saturday, but nothing definitive. “The cadaver dogs hit on a spot inside an old church, but I’m not sure if anything came of it,” Whiteis said. ...
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...cle_019973aa-78bc-11e3-976f-001a4bcf6878.html

It looks like some happiness has found this suffering family. Lady Hawk, please pass along congrats and best wishes on ME winning the Miss Summerville title,yesterday. Mother and daughter looked so happy and proud in the pic that was posted.

Thank you, I will!

Kind of interesting the police wont say if it pinged back to the apartment

IMO, it is just a matter of time the perp (s) will be arrested. IMO, LE knows ALLOT more than we know at this time. People talk when $$$ is around. They drink and tell, someone knows and I really believe the good will overthrow the evil!

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Boom! That`s it, Rita.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

------

IMO, it is just a matter of time the perp (s) will be arrested. IMO, LE knows ALLOT more than we know at this time. People talk when $$$ is around. They drink and tell, someone knows and I really believe the good will overthrow the evil!

I to think they have someone in mind. I understand they keep things close because there are certain things they know. This lets them know if the person is guilty. Its easy for us to cherry pick and analysis informatiom.

Yes I can almost guarantee they are watching

I was thinking about something today.

I believe in God and my faith and my relationship with him

There was something mentioned several times here about the FB page has turned into a prayer wall more than new information.

So here is what I have to say

You will not get away with Murder. It will always come back to haunt you every second of the rest if your life.

You cannot hide a body forever. It will surface or will be found by someone at sometime period no matter what.

If by some chance you feel you got away with murder - God was there watching you when you did what you did.

Do you think you can hide from him ?

If by any slight chance you get away with this or other crimes

Your time will come soon enough where you will have to answer God himself

Good luck with that.

Yes I can almost guarantee they are watching

I was thinking about something today.

I believe in God and my faith and my relationship with him

There was something mentioned several times here about the FB page has turned into a prayer wall more than new information.

So here is what I have to say

You will not get away with Murder. It will always come back to haunt you every second of the rest if your life.

You cannot hide a body forever. It will surface or will be found by someone at sometime period no matter what.

If by some chance you feel you got away with murder - God was there watching you when you did what you did.

Do you think you can hide from him ?

If by any slight chance you get away with this or other crimes

Your time will come soon enough where you will have to answer God himself

Good luck with that.

YES! Amen!

I wonder if Le had the analysis of phone records, at the time they said no one admitted to talking to her after 2:15am. Maybe she didn't talk to anyone. What if she left a long message on voice mail ? Or did send a text? Her dad may not be able to tell by the computer bill and I am not convinced her father used the word "conversation" as an absolute, he may have just said the word because he was thinking of phone calls.

I wonder how/if it shows on a detailed bill if you do not get an answer but leave a long voice mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg