SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I bet the person responsible is acting a bit suspicious now (so locals there in MB.....please keep your eyes out for someone not acting like "themselves").

And the reason for the this person now acting like a "cat on a hot tin roof" is this:

---video surveillance pics don't lie

---the tracking dogs don't lie

---cell phone pings/records don't lie

---DNA don't lie

---your previous record/history don't lie

---and the big $$$ reward is gonna' mean your friends aren't gonna' lie for you either!

(all just moo)

They provide pretty much the same thing as LE. If LE is willing to work with them then yes they can view information. The biggest thing is that after a certain amount of time has gone by, if they haven't found HE they will start decreasing manpower hours. Budget restraints, other cases, etc etc ..they won't be able to stay on this 24/7 for too much longer. That is when a PI comes in handy. Any information the PI gathers can be turned over to LE.

And again, not to bash LE but it seems like there are still a lot of missing people in Horry County that haven't been found. I'm not sure I would be confident of them getting the evidence they need to make an arrest. A good PI can do a lot.

Thanks so much!

For those of us who have followed tons of cases, it becomes difficult to believe this (that LE is close, etc.) because we have assumed that before, when they have not shared with the public, and have been wrong. In Holly Bobo's case, for example, after almost three years (?) LE won't confirm which items of her found vs. those still missing. And they seem no closer to figuring out what happened to her. That is just one example. JMO

I understand I'm frustrated as well. But no update does not mean that LE has nothing. If they can't answer questions what is the point? It's taking time away from finding HE to tell us that they can't tell us. I too have followed tons of cases and would rather they skip the presser if they can't answer anything. Also consider that they don't want the perp or POI to know what they know.

HE's father posted on the FHEFB page in response to the request that everyone contact the Governor. It's not a pretty post. I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing, in fact I probably would, I don't know how I would handle having a child disappear, and I can't pretend to imagine how he feels. I hope I never have to. I still don't understand asking thousands of people to bombard the Governor's office but...they have to do what they feel is needed. I hope it doesn't end up harming in the way of loosing support. The page's focus shouldn't go from finding Heather to a political argument.

I agree with you, but I really am thinking that the LE KNOWS and wants to find evidence before they grab the perp(s). That is why they are keeping this close to their vests. JMOO

This may be true however, it appears in hindsight that this is their modus operandi for ALL the missing and unsolved cases. Maybe its about time to change their methods and start sharing a bit more regardless of their tourist industry. If they catch the perp(s) their industry will bounce back. If they continue to suffer multiple missing cases I think it will eventually keep a downward spiral when the word continues across the nation and people find out about the other young women and men.

Thanks. If they were the same place, that would have been a bit more than coincidence could handle :p

Are the Waccamaw and Pee Dee rivers connected?

The answer is yes.

I found a detailed write up at the link below.

(Snip)
"Streams that connect the Great Pee Dee River to the Waccamaw River include Bull Creek, Thoroughfare Creek, Guendalose Creek/Bullins Creek, Squirrel Creek, Jericho Creek, and Middleton Cut. Carr Creek and Little Carr Creek connect the Great Pee Dee River to Jericho Creek"

Via

ETA: Source: South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
"We promote and protect the health of the public and the environment."
https://www.scdhec.gov/environment/water/shed/docs/40207-02.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with those of you who question what they want or expect from contacting the governor. Is it to ask for additional help with searches? Is it to request a look into how HCPD is handling the case or the lack of info released to the public? I'm not really sure what the governors office could do to help with the search or investigation. It has already been mentioned that several different LE agencies are assisting in the search... including SLED. Someone very close to me works detail for Gov. Hayley & although they def keep their work duties very hush hush, I'd be happy to ask them to mention the case to her if I thought she could do anything to help. People need to keep in mind that the governors office is dealing with issues & policy on a statewide level... & just think about all of the crimes (murders, rapes, etc.) that occur all over our state. I know they're frustrated & want help from every resource available, but I feel like they might be wasting their energy & breath on the wrong one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those of you who have followed other cases on here, how often does someone confess? I've always thought if someone is capable of harming another human being willfully, they're capable of keeping their crime a secret. Scary, very scary.

I'm with those of you who question what they want or expect from contacting the governor. Is it to ask for additional help with searches? Is it to request a look into how HCPD is handling the case or the lack of info released to the public? I'm not really sure what the governors office could do to help with the search or investigation. It has already been mentioned that several different LE agencies are assisting in the search... including SLED. Someone very close to me works detail for Gov. Hayley & although they def keep their work duties very hush hush, I'd be happy to ask them to mention the case to her if I thought she could do anything to help. People need to keep in mind that the governors office is dealing with issues & policy on a statewide level... & just think about all of the crimes (murders, rapes, etc.) that occur all over our state. I know they're frustrated & want help from every resource available, but I feel like they might be wasting their energy & breath on the wrong one. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In his post her father said he just wants help and information on resources or whatever she can do for them. He specifically mentioned bringing in the National Guard to help search. He also mentioned additional helicopters. I think that is what he is asking for. I totally understand and I am SURE I would be wanting the same things for my child. But mostly they are upset that they have never gotten a response after many many emails, phone calls, etc. He wants a personal call from the Governor. I don't know if the Governor would even be able to send in the guard and send helicopters...maybe we will be surprised and she will. This man is in horrific pain. He states he will break down the gates of hell and fight satan if he has to....

I'm with those of you who question what they want or expect from contacting the governor. Is it to ask for additional help with searches? Is it to request a look into how HCPD is handling the case or the lack of info released to the public? I'm not really sure what the governors office could do to help with the search or investigation. It has already been mentioned that several different LE agencies are assisting in the search... including SLED. Someone very close to me works detail for Gov. Hayley & although they def keep their work duties very hush hush, I'd be happy to ask them to mention the case to her if I thought she could do anything to help. People need to keep in mind that the governors office is dealing with issues & policy on a statewide level... & just think about all of the crimes (murders, rapes, etc.) that occur all over our state. I know they're frustrated & want help from every resource available, but I feel like they might be wasting their energy & breath on the wrong one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suggested other agencies help HCPD. Horry County brings in a MAJOR amount of revenue (if not the most) for our state yet we have the worst access to get out of here during hurricanes. We supplement poorer counties that rely on our revenue yet we get very little in return. We have no help making our county safer so who should we contact if not our elected officials?

If one of their children was missing, don't think the politicians wouldn't utilize whatever resources they have at their fingertips to locate them.

In his post her father said he just wants help and information on resources or whatever she can do for them. He specifically mentioned bringing in the National Guard to help search. He also mentioned additional helicopters. I think that is what he is asking for. I totally understand and I am SURE I would be wanting the same things for my child. But mostly they are upset that they have never gotten a response after many many emails, phone calls, etc. He wants a personal call from the Governor. I don't know if the Governor would even be able to send in the guard and send helicopters...maybe we will be surprised and she will. This man is in horrific pain. He states he will break down the gates of hell and fight satan if he has to....

Poor man .... Looks like he already is there.

The Governor thing. I think the family is making it political..OR, whoever is running that page for them. It would be different if they were asking for something specific like they were last week. But they are asking for a phone call. It's the Governor's job to make sure all the departments in the state are running the way they are supposed to so that they can help the Elvis family. I'm not even sure the Governor even knows the family is trying to contact her. She only knows what her staff deems important to tell her. Do they want the National Guard brought in to help search? I think that would be a fantastic idea, but remember how many missing we have and do we have the resources to bring the Guard in to search for them all? Would it cause havoc if they were brought in for one by not another? I hope she does respond and I hope she does send help. Having us email and phone bomb NG is one thing, the Governor is another. I wrote last week and I'm not going to write again. My personal opinion is the family would do much better for their daughter by hiring a PI than worrying if the Governor calls them.

Then again, if it were my daughter I probably would be crazy by now and would be trying anything and everything. I don't think it's her parents pushing the Governor issue though. I think it's the two who run the page.

Exactly, as bolded, if 3k people contact "her" about HE, somebody will mention something. Her staff will take notice. It is "political." If she had 3k, 10k, 20k voters in HC watching, waiting for her to say something, it would happen. I have 2 daughters and I would be screaming my brains out at whomever would listen to do everything they can to help.

Exactly, as bolded, if 3k people contact "her" about HE, somebody will mention something. Her staff will take notice. It is "political." If she had 3k, 10k, 20k voters in HC watching, waiting for her to say something, it would happen. I have 2 daughters and I would be screaming my brains out at whomever would listen to do everything they can to help.
What is the magic number for our elected officials to realize that missing people in Horry County is a problem?

Our missing:
Heather Elvis 2013
Zachary Malinowski 2013
Kareem Ward 2007
Brittany Drexel 2019
Johnny Lamar Brown 2012
Shanta Marie Johnson 1992
Susan Deluca 2010
Crystal Soles missing from Andrews 2005.

I didn't remember Shanta Johnson and may have missed someone else, if so I apologize.

Is the FBI involved at all? I'd be writing someone to bring them in asap, if not. jmo

Beba, it's common people involved won't step up, at least the cases I've followed. They live on the edge. Some don't care and have no feelings, others it's eating them up day by day thankfully. I always hope it hits them when it's least expected.

Did anyone ever hear if the bones discovered from the first search have been identified?

Please forgive me if this has been gone over before. I have read every thread, but I think this may be something from one of the early posts..... The location of the car: was it "parked" - like in a parking place, or just "dropped off" - not in a parking place?

In other words, did someone park it there in a normal spot, or did someone just dump it?

Also - on the carry a purse/not carry a purse issue..... how do young women get along never carrying a purse? Kleenex? comb/brush? "Supplies"??

tia

Today, I signed in and was about to read to catch up and post when the phone rang. Just before I was positioned on this thread where I had left off at the pic of Heather learning to drive stick when my husband walked by. He obliged when I asked him to look at the picture and tell me what he saw on the dash. He answered very quickly, "a purse". lol! When I looked for the first time, I saw very quickly a cap! I couldn't see a purse at all even when I tried too. My husband traced the purse and showed me the zipper that he invisioned on the top (so more of a makeup bag or clutch) with a longish zipper pull hanging down.

Then I told him that I think/thought/not sure it is a cap. He then said that he could see that possibility too. :banghead:

As I looked at it and the little label of some unknown kind on the right, it almost looks like a diagram of a stick shift directional encompassing five dots - up, to the left, to the right, up again, etc. It looks as if they drew a little diagram on the purse facing HE so she could refer to it as she was learning.
That said, this info does nothing toward solving the case whether true or not true. :blushing:

Here is original post with close-up of HE's keys"
Post #527 with close-up of HE's keys

I created another version today and adjusted a bit in Photoshop to enhance. (See HE-keys-2.jpg) and include a picture of a factory remote for a Dodge Intrepid.

Looks to me like house key, member card, a red (velvet)heart, feather, and possibly a car alarm remote.

I tried comparing member card with all of the ones that my wife has and did not come up with any match. (Lowes Home Improvement, Lowes Food, Food Lion, Champs, BiLo, Piggly Wiggly, CVS, RiteAid, Pet Smart, Office Depot, AutoZone, Burkes Outlet) So, I cannot make a positive ID on the member card. With that info, it would be possible to trace any activity (if any). Worth a shot IMO!

If that is actually a car alarm remote, then we all know, out of habit, once we get out of our cars, we automatically click the "arm" button on the remote. And, in some models, the alarm system automatically "arms" the vehicle after the doors are shut. Could possibly explain HE's car being locked when it was found!

Thank you. So the picture of HE's keys came from her! For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how someone obtained a picture of HE's keys. It must have been late when I saw the post the first time!
Could the member card be to a gym? I don't recall her making comments about going to workout but, if she needed a pass to do so, it would be convenient to keep it on her key chain. That's the only other idea I can think of other than, as you listed, a food store discount tag. The other places aren't visited often enough to keep the tag on a key chain. Or are there other reasons? Parking facility? Something to do with HOB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph