GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, please everyone remember that no one in the family or the restaurant business has been named a suspect and according to the rules deserve privacy. This is a victim friendly site.

Is there any possibility that the car has been there since around the last week of Dec? I am not familiar with decomposition how long does it take for the body to smell? How long until the smell goes away?How long does it take for the body to reach the peak of the smell? I remember in college learning about Casper's law regarding decomposition but it didnt really stick with me. If I remember right a dead body that has had trauma decomposes faster. I have never seen a dead body nor smelled one and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

MOO, please everyone remember that no one in the family or the restaurant business has been named a suspect and according to the rules deserve privacy. This is a victim friendly site.

What I have posted is a matter of public record. Since the sentiment before finding Gianni was that this may have been a crime of passion, people have openly assumed Gianna was the murderer. It is now out that Gianni was murdered, so we now must question why two brothers have been killed. Since it apparently wasn't a robbery or car jacking, then we have to assume it was something personal. "Something personal" means you must start looking at their circle of family and friends.

With that said, I am new here. I thought this was about amateur crime sleuthing. And I cut my teeth on the McStay threads were information about everyone, none of whom are an official suspect, is posted all over the place. Civil and criminal records are public information. I am not stalking or calling someone out, I am presenting information which can be examined and pieced together. I am not trying to embarrass anyone, just shine a light on the facts that there has been a acrimonious and troubled finances with regards to these parties leading right up to (foreclosure of home, closure of Mario's, and other facts) the month of the murders.

I'd say the other scenario still isn't ruled out...

Quote:
The coroner's office, which reported the man's age as 24, listed the cause of death as homicide. Vasquez says that though the body was listed on the coroner's website as a victim of homicide, suicide has not been ruled out.

I agree. This could still turn out to be a suicide. I think that car was there longer than a couple of days. I'm waiting for more facts and details like you are.

It has been posted that the Riverside coroner's statement of homicide does not preclude that cause of death actually being suicide. So I don't think it has yet been definitively established that GB was murdered.

I am also quite curious to know why the supposed eyewitnesses' description of the possible shooter have never been made public until now. At the very least, public safety would seem to demand the release of this information regarding someone who murdered two people in cold blood.

I find this very telling. Why wasn't the public alerted immediately of the description of the suspect? The sweater with the stripes on the sleeves would be apt to jar someone's memory. That's a pretty vivid detail.

ETA: Unless authorities were fairly confident there was no threat to the public at large.

I agree, Izzy.

There was another be-on-the-lookout crime where they showed someone wearing a sweater with these bold white stripes going down the arms. It's driving me nuts because I can't remember if it was a bank or store robbery. I just remember thinking those striped sleeves not being a good wardrobe choice for committing a crime.

I agree, Izzy.

There was another be-on-the-lookout crime where they showed someone wearing a sweater with these bold white stripes going down the arms. It's driving me nuts because I can't remember if it was a bank or store robbery. I just remember thinking those striped sleeves not being a good wardrobe choice for committing a crime.

So I looked this up and found an article on a robbery in Las Vegas on 12/27. For those of you who aren't familiar, Las Vegas is about a 6 hour drive from San Diego. Notice ths shirt and he fits the description of the "suspect" from the mall shooting. Two suspects in this case, which in my mind would fit with my thought on the fact that one suspect went after Sal and Ilona and one after Gianni.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/police-seek-2-suspects-strip-robbery

I wonder why the driver window is slightly cracked open i am pretty sure thats how they found it
W_RIVBODY_0118_ce_B.jpg

As a local, I heard about the shooting and GB going missing when they happened, assumed the love triangle theory was correct when GB remained missing, and gave it little thought until the car and body were discovered on Friday.

Today I have read this whole thread and I have some questions that I didn't see answers to, for anyone who has been following the case closer than I:

1. Has it been confirmed anywhere in the MSM that Ilona worked at the Mission Valley Mall?

2. If not, has it been confirmed anywhere why she and SB were at the mall, especially at that hour? Last-minute Christmas shopping is a reasonable assumption, but has there been any evidence presented of this, such as receipts, packages in the car, etc.?

3. It's been reported both that GB was last seen at his home in Tierrasanta, and that he was last seen on Friars Road someplace. Has either of these sightings been definitively confirmed as the last one?

This may be the bizarre case the conflicting reports suggest it is, or a straightforward love triangle--or even a suspected love triangle--case.

Either way, what I see as sloppy journalism hasn't helped. Back in the Mesozoic age when I was choosing a career, I initially chose journalism. At that time MSM journalists were highly trusted as scrupulous and ethical in verifying what they reported. Woodward and Bernstein were heroes.

Today, meh, not so much. Seems like anyone that can type and look good on camera can become a "reporter."

/stepping off soapbox

So I looked this up and found an article on a robbery in Las Vegas on 12/27. For those of you who aren't familiar, Las Vegas is about a 6 hour drive from San Diego. Notice ths shirt and he fits the description of the "suspect" from the mall shooting. Two suspects in this case, which in my mind would fit with my thought on the fact that one suspect went after Sal and Ilona and one after Gianni.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/police-seek-2-suspects-strip-robbery

The problem to me is, no one has ever suggested that IF and SB were murdered as part of a robbery attempt. That is the one thing that as far as I know has been definitively ruled out.

Nor am I familiar with any cases in which armed robbers, unless they were on some kind of cross-country spree, would drive 6 hours to commit another robbery. Even assuming they were headed south from LV, or north from SD, there are plenty of towns and places in between that they could have robbed.

So I don't think there's a connection between these cases, aside from striped shirts.

Izzy,
I am about 80% sure I saw Ilona working at Macys I was looking for a Bulvoa watch for my boyfriend I ended up just buying make up I can look when I get home for my receipt showing what time I was there I live downtown San Diego/Hillcrest area it takes me no more than 5 min to get back and fourth between Mission Valley I was home around 11:15 so with the time it took me to walk to my car parked by outback and target I left Macys at 11. If Gianni was last seen on Friars Rd maybe he was at the neighboring Fashion Valley mall on Friars? The reason I didnt go to Fashion Valley was because I knew it would be busy and I'd want to buy stuff so by going to the less desirable Mission Valley I was hoping to just get in and out.

I wonder why the driver window is slightly cracked open i am pretty sure thats how they found it

Thanks for posting this. In that first photo the car sure looks gray as the witnesses reported was the color of the car the possible shooter got into.

Hmmm.

On the other hand I imagine that at that hour of the morning in dim mall parking lot lighting, a lot of other car colors could appear gray also.

This case is making me crazy. So many questions, so few answers.

The problem to me is, no one has ever suggested that IF and SB were murdered as part of a robbery attempt. That is the one thing that as far as I know has been definitively ruled out.

Nor am I familiar with any cases in which armed robbers, unless they were on some kind of cross-country spree, would drive 6 hours to commit another robbery. Even assuming they were headed south from LV, or north from SD, there are plenty of towns and places in between that they could have robbed.

So I don't think there's a connection between these cases, aside from striped shirts.

the suspects could be on the run and needed money so they robbed a store in Vegas.

the suspects could be on the run and needed money so they robbed a store in Vegas.

This is true.

So if you think this is the case, then who do you think they are and why do you think they murdered IF and SB?

Izzy,
I am about 80% sure I saw Ilona working at Macys I was looking for a Bulvoa watch for my boyfriend I ended up just buying make up I can look when I get home for my receipt showing what time I was there I live downtown San Diego/Hillcrest area it takes me no more than 5 min to get back and fourth between Mission Valley I was home around 11:15 so with the time it took me to walk to my car parked by outback and target I left Macys at 11. If Gianni was last seen on Friars Rd maybe he was at the neighboring Fashion Valley mall on Friars? The reason I didnt go to Fashion Valley was because I knew it would be busy and I'd want to buy stuff so by going to the less desirable Mission Valley I was hoping to just get in and out.

BBM I believe you. Only I keep going back to the early reports of the family member who said he/she? can't remember but I think he, said the family didn't know why IF and SB would have been at the mall.

I haven't seen that statement refuted.

So it seems to me that if the family was that close-knit they all would have known and said she worked there, but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

Just another little mystery piled on top of all the others in this case.

OK, another question.

Assuming Ilona worked at the mall and SB was picking her up from work.

Why was he picking her up instead of her fiance, GB? Was GB working at a job or otherwise committed so that he was unable to?

I apologize if my questions have already been answered. I didn't become too interested in this case until the car/corpse were found on Friday.

And the more I think about it, the more questions pop up in my mind.

OK, another question.

Assuming Ilona worked at the mall and SB was picking her up from work.

Why was he picking her up instead of her fiance, GB? Was GB working at a job or otherwise committed so that he was unable to?

I apologize if my questions have already been answered. I didn't become too interested in this case until the car/corpse were found on Friday.

And the more I think about it, the more questions pop up in my mind.

Izzy it has been mentioned by the family that it was not unusual for Sal to pick up Ilona from work in the past when she was working in La Jolla/Del Mar. Sorry I tried to scan the early posts/MSM that stated so and just didn't see it at a glance.

I find it a real stretch that all three were killed by the same person or persons. The suspect described by witnesses could have approached the car to possibly rob or carjack & saw the bodies and took off. I have read the whole thread tonight & I think the murder weapon for all three deaths was found in the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shhhhtheresrabbits