Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Abbott PM is addressing parliament now in regards to latest, is offering Malaysia all assistance they need and full cooperation, and welcomes any of the relatives that wish to come over for the recovery, and offers his condolences. It has now moved from a search to a recovery and investigation. Bill Shorten now speaking reiterating those thoughts and thanking our service men and women, and says this situation has brought nations together in the search effort.

Onto petty BS about 'bigotry in Australia' debate, everyone offended and Question Time sinks into it's usual state of chaos.

Which is just what we want while the world is looking at us.

Guys, I'm sorry, I'm just catching up, and jumping ahead, but is it possible to disable all the Tapatalk promos / siggys? They're kind of off-putting in such a serious discussion. TIA.

You can disable ALL signatures in your UserCP (User control panel).
Look in the links at the top of page.

Tigers are right up there in the top 10 of sharks that will go after a person.
I think number 3 after 1)Bulls & 2) Great Whites.
Most of the attacks in Hawaii are by Tigers Sharks IIRC.

Not that any of them are true "man eaters", they just have been known to bite, and I suppose if really hungry maybe consume.

ETA- You can track tagged sharks at this site (majority of them are Great Whites)- http://www.ocearch.org/#science
I check in on this one often, interesting to watch where they roam.

Ahh, gotcha.
I must have gotten the Tiger Shark confused with a Whale Shark.

BBM - I can’t reply to that. It really does depend on what comes up. How I see the information they give us.

They told us Bin Laden was buried at sea, just because they tell us things
does not mean I ALLWAYS BUY THEM. I did not buy the JFK story or the
JFK Jr. Story either.
Does not mean I can tell you where Bin Laden is.
But he is not at sea; no way, no how.
And JFK Jr’s plane was sabotaged, but real news is a thing of yesteryear.
Today they feed us BS.
That plane was off RADAR for way to many hours, before we heard any of it.
Songline, I am with you. I have thought all along that this plane is somewhere other than the ocean, but I only know what I have read and seen on tv. I think it was very inappropriate the way Malaysia told the families what they did today with no actual proof to back up what they were saying. They have the same amount of proof today that they had last week, so I think they really made a mistake on the way they handle this. If they do find wreckage or other things from the aircraft, I would definitely accept that, but until they do, I will not be convinced that this was an accident or that the plane is in the ocean.

There are Great Whites in that area. There are also Reef Sharks, Blacktip Sharks, and Tiger Sharks. Although I think Tiger Sharks are plankton eating sharks. Leatherback turtles eat flesh as well. Seagulls and other sea birds will eat flesh. Pretty sure there are sea snakes too, but they might live in the warmer parts of the Indian Ocean.

I don't even want to know what else lives below the surface in the deep dark parts of the Ocean...

This is getting rather gross. But would sharks eat life vests? Or a seat cushion that becomes a life vest. Absolutely not.

A cave in Afghanistan is just one thought. so no I don’t only think that it would have to be in some cave, or desert...or hidden in some forest.
But I definitely do thing the BS about the debris is a diversion.
And if that debris is from that plane why has there not been one or two bodys that floated up? or a sneeker

But, if MH370 crashed hard into the S. Indian ocean which is deep and freezing, it could be at the bottom 10000 feet deep, unfortunately.

That is kind of the point, we are talking about conditions in the Indian Ocean and they are far different than elsewhere

Actually that is your point, not "THE" point
My point is that I do not believe any of it nothing.
I believe that some do know what happened.

As I said before (and got a TO for), WA has a shark "problem" and has been culling them. The south west of WA has had many fatalities from sharks. Great Whites migrate through the area from South Africa.

MLO, it is nice to hear facts and information from someone who lives in that part of the world and knows what it is like.

So I think the weather just changed, I had seen some pictures of
clear waters before the weekend.
(I was in a play-fund raiser this weekend so I stoped reading)
but before the weekend I think the weather was not cyclonic at all.

The weather can change in a flash over the ocean.
One moment it will be clear, the next moment, it's stormy and windy.

“It’s still important for us to try and find as much of the aircraft as possible,” he said.

“The ideal would obviously be to locate as much of the wreckage as possible.
“That will require sophisticated equipment, some of which we do not have in Australia.

“It is also a priority to recover the flight box recorder on the aircraft.

“Again, we don’t believe we will have the technology to be able to work at those depths and to be able to recover the equipment, so we’ll need assistance from countries like the US to actually be able to undertake that kind of an operation.”

The Deputy Prime Minister said he expected several countries would want to be involved in the investigation, including the United States which built the Boeing 777 plane."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...to-malaysia-20140325-35f64.html#ixzz2wwBs0oH6

I hope they send something that can sweep the ocean floor, like in the movie "Titanic". :twocents:

Actually that is your point, not "THE" point
My point is that I do not believe any of it nothing.
I believe that some do know what happened.
Songline, I agree with you. I don't believe any of it either. I feel absolutely horrible for the victims and for their families. I can not imagine what they must be going through. They need facts and proof and they need people to keep searching until this plane or evidence of it is found. They deserve the truth.

Not sure if this has been posted, but thought it was a good graphic to answer the question upthread about altitude changes at different times in the plane's flight (plus a few other things):

Credit: news.com.au

So you are saying that the Aussie searcher on the plane who confirmed the debris sighting yesterday (and I'm pretty sure said they took photographs) is lying? For who?
I do not think that the Aussie searcher is lying. I have great respect for him and for all those who are involved in searching for the plane and trying to find out what happened. I think that at this point no one, including the Aussie searcher knows exactly what has been sighted and at this point it is hope, speculation and it could be something else, just like the other sightings of debri were.

Anderson Cooper is having a 2 hr Special right now, 11pm-0100am and will air presser.

So if the USA or AU starts bringing up plane parts, etc...they are in on this cover-up too??

WARNING ALERT - Malaysian Airlines will be holding a press conference in 52 minutes from now (this post) at 12:30pm Malaysian Time, 12:30 am New York time, 9:30 pm Los Angeles Time, 3:30pm Sydney Time, 4:30 am London Time, 5:30 am Paris time.

AUSTRALIAN PRESS CONFERENCE IS ON NOW. CNN & Fox News there are two press conferences one in Australia and one in Malaysia.

CNN will be covering it live and the link for sky news uk to watch live is http://news.sky.com/templates/watch-live

Which is just what we want while the world is looking at us.

I remember Swissair Flight 111's SAR. RIP all aboard. :(

The SAR was intense and Canada sent: "The search and rescue operation was code-named Operation Persistence and was launched immediately by Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Halifax (JRCC Halifax), which tasked the Canadian Forces Air Command, Maritime Command, and Land Force Command, as well as the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) and Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary (CCGA) resources."

Swissair Flight 111 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What in the h**, is going on with this world, mud slides, sink holes, planes that disappear out of
nowhere.

Everyday it seems like a new disaster happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug