Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two quick questions for HulaMom or any other pilot in here in the know...

1) can a Boeing 777-200ER be flown, if absolutely necessary, by a single pilot (no engineer, no copilot to help)?

2) Can a black box be removed from an airplane and put into another airplane without too much hassle? Or is that pretty involved?

1. Yes, if necessary.

2. Hubby says it would take one or two mechanics several hours to remove and move a black box to another aircraft. Hundreds of parameters would need to be reset. This would have to be done on the ground, obviously, and he has never heard of it being done.

Sure- as the co-pilot's father is a government official. Pilot is a known member of opposing political party.

Couldn't be a problem with the non x-rayed cargo whose contents list is in the hands of the Malaysian police- unable be released to Australian officials. Guess the copy machine is broken.

Maintenance records must be up to date- and his word is good enough....no mention of release of said records. See above for reason.

:facepalm:

of course, the plane could not have possibly taken any hit from miltary fire either,

and corruption is a myth.

Malaysian officials I guess "leaking" out infomraiton that they are focusing on the pilots and think the pilots did it - isn't that a bit PREMATURE?

THEY HAVEN"T EVEN FOUND THE PLANE YET.

JMO.

Why is Malaysia so eager to CONSTANTLY throw the pilots' name out for the media.

Every day it's talk about Captain Shah. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

They have not even found the plane yet.

IMO Malaysia is not even considering hijacking b/c that would ACTUALLY MAKE THEM INVESTIGATE. They just want to say "pilot did it," case closed.

JMO.

---edit: ac360 Anderson Cooper said USA today only quoted one, unnamed official. Richard Quest said in the last show there was a guest who said a top-level Malaysian official told him that source is wrong and right now they have all options open.

You would think Malaysia/Malaysia Air would keep quiet as far as speculation is concerned. Funny that all of a sudden "the pilot did it" comes out right after the first lawsuit is filed.

The 'fatal flaw' theory might explain the initial sudden change in course (off the east coast of Malaysia) and return back to land (to look for a landing spot). But it doesn't explain the continued westward travel towards the Andamans, unless the pilots were already incapacitated--and then how would they then turn southward as all the maps have them going, until running out of gas in the Indian Ocean down by Australia?
A pilot with great experience could have programmed not just this airplane, but other planes he flew with a secondary flight plan when enacted would have taken the plane to the waypoints then out to the ocean. The waypoints could have bought time in case the pilot was able to recover from an event and get the plane back under his control before it was too late. If not, it would continue on the path to insure the least harm to the public in general.

This could have been a contingency plan for not only a hypoxia event, but a hijacking. Maybe the hijackers wouldn't know how to reset it after he enacted it.

And he refuted reports in British media that Zaharie received a phone call moments before the flight was to depart from a woman who used a false name to obtain a cellphone SIM card to make the call.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/26/malaysia-missing-plane/6907359/

The issue isn't with them narrowing it down the pilot diverted the plane on purpose, but the reason they are trying to imply is without merit, imo. I hope the FBI can shed some light on this. We may find there was nothing on his computer or flight sim to indicate any such action like suicide. Then what are they going to say?!

BBM ~ Hopefully by then, their maintenance records will be exposed.

My point was, they are just another version of an ambulance chaser.

The 'fatal flaw' theory might explain the initial sudden change in course (off the east coast of Malaysia) and return back to land (to look for a landing spot). But it doesn't explain the continued westward travel towards the Andamans, unless the pilots were already incapacitated--and then how would they then turn southward as all the maps have them going, until running out of gas in the Indian Ocean down by Australia?

Hypoxia and auto-pilot?

IDK.

I just remember the CEO of MA and the other guy with the moustache on the 2nd last? press conference.

They appeared sad, and sheepish at the same time.

I almost felt like they appeared guilty.

IMO, MA did not comply with the alert Boeing sent out to repair a potential faulty component.

Pointing the finger at the pilots, is the easy way out.

Faulty component still doesn't explain turns and what seems to be deliberate attempt at being stealth, not just transponder off but also going along ATC border lines. Also very coincidental that left turn happened right at point when about 4countries' ATC lines converge.

IMO this is no accident.

Hypoxia and auto-pilot?

IDK.

Fire or threat- fly high and left out to sea, minimizing catastrophic public loss on land.

Preset alternate flight plan to ensure military radar from many countries saw it, especially own country's radar.. which they did, and ignored.

Looks like a brilliant secondary plan by a proficient pilot who thought ahead, imo.

ETA: look at this awesome map below: The plane's path is specifically criss-crossing/zig-zagging all over Malaysian air space.

Thanks, aa9511--neat map. I used your borders map to make a new map that superimposes the waypoints navigational route over the airspace borders map:

Been busy thinking about theories in more detail today after reading ToutCa's post (about pilot as hero, villain, or victim). Need to catch up reading, and hopefully will post more tomorrow. :)

I know ships rarely go through the South Indian Ocean as it is rough. Airplanes do fly over that area from Africa to Australia. I wonder if any airplane or ship would of seen Malaysia Airlines Flight by any chance.

Live Ships Map
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

Interesting you rarely see any ships in the middle of South Pacific, especially around Point Nemo.

I know ships rarely go through the South Indian Ocean as it is rough. Airplanes do fly over that area from Africa to Australia. I wonder if any airplane or ship would of seen Malaysia Airlines Flight by any chance.
Wouldn't we have been privy to that information by now if so?

Faulty component still doesn't explain turns and what seems to be deliberate attempt at being stealth, not just transponder off but also going along ATC border lines. Also very coincidental that left turn happened right at point when about 4countries' ATC lines converge.

IMO this is no accident.

Yes I'm with you, straight from the beginning they knew this wasn't an accident......

and the thing is it is just not Malaysian authorities that have come to this conclusion, it took analysed data from overseas companies and other countries radars and satellites to reach the conclusion.........are they all in the cover up??

it has been confirmed that is wasn't a mechanical error, or are a lot of you thinking it is a conspiracy?

I dont think with such international involvement and scrutiny that the Malaysian officials would get away with it...

It might be unfair to actually say with certainty that the pilot did it, but someone did, and knowing that whoever did it, had to have expertise, then of course he has to be one of the main suspects, I can fully understand this...........but I do think it is premature to come out and CONFIRM that he did this........

Wouldn't we have been privy to that information by now if so?

Exactly. Makes me wonder.

Possible contrails over the South Indian Ocean.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Investigation of a possible southern arc contrail
http://www.weathergraphics.com/malaysia/contrail.shtml

One would think that someone would of noticed a wayward airplane over Indonesia. If hypoxia did occur, I would guess all the people on board were dead or dying as the airplane flew over the Indian Ocean.

1. Yes, if necessary.

2. Hubby says it would take one or two mechanics several hours to remove and move a black box to another aircraft. Hundreds of parameters would need to be reset. This would have to be done on the ground, obviously, and he has never heard of it being done.

Thank you so much! I suspected as much about the black box. And the answer to number one fits with the theory I'm putting together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member