Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaysia doesn't own the airline right? The airline would be responsible if it didn't keep up with maintenance - more responsible than Boeing. It's harder to blame the government if the airline is private and wasn't doing the right things. I don't know how it works internationally.

Hypoxia can make you extremely confused way before unconsciousness - confused enough to turn off things you should not be turning off. Re: the earlier discussion about the word "deliberate" - I agree that this could mean turning something off due to confusion. It means someone turned the switch, not that they did it maliciously. That tends to be the implication, but it's not definite at all.
It has been my understanding the Malaysian government does own the airlines and it is not private.

The confusion could have caused them to turn off the transponders and ACARS. It could also explain the mumble heard by the other pilots and a host of other things.

But time is very much of the essence, because the recorder comes with an expiration date of about 30 days of battery life.

CNN safety analyst David Soucie, author of "Why Planes Crash," says the specific batteries on this missing plane, could already be dead.

Auditors at the maintenance base that took care of this particular flight, MH370, told Soucie the batteries were stored incorrectly.

"Among that audit was the handling of the pinger, of the little battery in the pinger. Those batteries and pingers need to be stored either in a refrigerated area, or room temperature area," said Soucie.

Malaysia is not a cool country, and summers are extremely hot and humid. The auditor found the batteries and pingers were stored in an area with a temperature of more than 100 degrees.

"He wrote that up as a finding, he said, 'We need to change this.'

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/26/expert-data-recorder-batteries-could-already-be-dead/

I thought refrigeration was bad for batteries? I’ll tell you that the batteries in my phone, in my car and in my cameras definitely drain faster in the winter, but maybe just above freezing is good for batteries, while -50 is definitely bad. :laughitup:

People should immediately stop quoting my theory about blame, because I made a terrible grammatical error of the “a” vs. “an” variety. :(

For some reason, I am under the impression that because Australia is in charge of the search and recovery operations at the moment, they would gain possession of the voice and data recorders.

I have absolutely no idea why I’m under that impression though, and at this point, it’s completely possible that I dreamed that up.
Isn't the black box still property of the Malaysian government?

(And I promise if I ever quote you and see a horrible grammatical error...I will take it upon myself to fix it before I post. ;) No one should ever know.)

FBI chief James Comey told lawmakers that experts were working “literally round the clock” to finish their analysis, in the hopes that the data could provide clues as to what happened to Flight 370, which vanished March 8 with 239 passengers and crew on board.
Malaysia “took us up on our technical abilities, which involves the exploitation of certain computer forensic materials that they’ve given to us. That work is ongoing,” Comey told a House subcommittee meeting to discuss the FBI’s 2015 budget request.
“I don’t want to say more about that in an open setting, but I expect it to be done fairly shortly, within a day or two.”

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...7/analysis-from-flight-simulator-coming-soon/

When Tony Abbott addressed parliament he said anything recovered would be handed straight over to Malaysia as it will be their investigation.

Isn't the black box still property of the Malaysian government?

(And I promise if I ever quote you and see a horrible grammatical error...I will take it upon myself to fix it before I post. ;) No one should ever know.)

Well this certainly makes more sense. I honestly have no idea why I thought Australia would take control over anything recovered.

Was there a point when some “expert” said they would?

Since they are posing with an airplane in front of them... I reckon airplane chasers works just fine for me. I believe some they are representing are among those that are saying they want prove the plane really crashed into the Ocean before they believe. idk.

Yeah, the plane is in poor taste. It wouldn't work with a gun, knife, lion, rabid dog, or what ever else can kill people. It doesn't work with a plane either.

Malaysian officials I guess "leaking" out infomraiton that they are focusing on the pilots and think the pilots did it - isn't that a bit PREMATURE?

THEY HAVEN"T EVEN FOUND THE PLANE YET.

JMO.

Why is Malaysia so eager to CONSTANTLY throw the pilots' name out for the media.

Every day it's talk about Captain Shah. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

They have not even found the plane yet.

IMO Malaysia is not even considering hijacking b/c that would ACTUALLY MAKE THEM INVESTIGATE. They just want to say "pilot did it," case closed.

JMO.

---edit: ac360 Anderson Cooper said USA today only quoted one, unnamed official. Richard Quest said in the last show there was a guest who said a top-level Malaysian official told him that source is wrong and right now they have all options open.

Well this certainly makes more sense. I honestly have no idea why I thought Australia would take control over anything recovered.

At any given point an "expert" could have said stupid things. :floorlaugh:

Two quick questions for HulaMom or any other pilot in here in the know...

1) can a Boeing 777-200ER be flown, if absolutely necessary, by a single pilot (no engineer, no copilot to help)?

2) Can a black box be removed from an airplane and put into another airplane without too much hassle? Or is that pretty involved?

FBI chief James Comey told lawmakers that experts were working “literally round the clock” to finish their analysis, in the hopes that the data could provide clues as to what happened to Flight 370, which vanished March 8 with 239 passengers and crew on board.
Malaysia “took us up on our technical abilities, which involves the exploitation of certain computer forensic materials that they’ve given to us. That work is ongoing,” Comey told a House subcommittee meeting to discuss the FBI’s 2015 budget request.
“I don’t want to say more about that in an open setting, but I expect it to be done fairly shortly, within a day or two.”

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...7/analysis-from-flight-simulator-coming-soon/

Oh come ON! :laughitup: He doesn’t want to say anything more in an open setting? Just say, “the Malaysian dudes gave us the pilot’s computer and we’re using our own computers to work our super spy voodoo on it.”.

It’s not like anyone in the world is ignorant to the US’ ability to spy on things. :floorlaugh:

I think it's because Australia is in charge of the search and recovery? So I guess they're in charge of this stage :moo:

Yeah, the plane is in poor taste. It wouldn't work with a gun, knife, lion, rabid dog, or what ever else can kill people. It doesn't work with a plane either.
I don't have a problem with them posing with an intact airplane as people on every news station around the globe have been doing the same.

I would, however, love to see them posing with the rabid dog.

"FAA warned six months ago that Boeing jets similar to missing flight MH370 were vulnerable to mid-air break up
-- FAA had ordered airlines to fix possibly fatal flaw in Boeing 777s by this April
-- It said they must 'detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage’
-- Failure to fix the flaw could put the aircraft at risk of ‘a rapid decompression’
Malaysia defence minister today said the plane had been 'fully serviced' and all maintenance checks 'were in order"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flight-MH370-vulnerable-mid-air-break-up.html

It has been my understanding the Malaysian government does own the airlines and it is not private.

The confusion could have caused them to turn off the transponders and ACARS. It could also explain the mumble heard by the other pilots and a host of other things.

That's right; the Malaysian government owns Malaysia Airlines (see Wikipedia--Malaysia Airlines). Which is why the MAS officials were so quiet, deferring most all questions of consequence to the "authorities" (their bosses).

"FAA warned six months ago that Boeing jets similar to missing flight MH370 were vulnerable to mid-air break up
-- FAA had ordered airlines to fix possibly fatal flaw in Boeing 777s by this April
-- It said they must 'detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage’
-- Failure to fix the flaw could put the aircraft at risk of ‘a rapid decompression’
Malaysia defence minister today said the plane had been 'fully serviced' and all maintenance checks 'were in order"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flight-MH370-vulnerable-mid-air-break-up.html

Yes, there was a post linking an article about this relatively early after the crash, but it would seem to be a complicated explanation, and so an unappealing explanation for many people. I really have no idea what happened, but I do see that 'bad guy did it' theories (in their various forms) are easy to embrace for many.

Malaysian officials I guess "leaking" out infomraiton that they are focusing on the pilots and think the pilots did it - isn't that a bit PREMATURE?

THEY HAVEN"T EVEN FOUND THE PLANE YET.

JMO.

Why is Malaysia so eager to CONSTANTLY throw the pilots' name out for the media.

Every day it's talk about Captain Shah. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

They have not even found the plane yet.

IMO Malaysia is not even considering hijacking b/c that would ACTUALLY MAKE THEM INVESTIGATE. They just want to say "pilot did it," case closed.

JMO.

IMO, MA did not comply with the alert Boeing sent out to repair a potential faulty component.

Pointing the finger at the pilots, is the easy way out.

And he refuted reports in British media that Zaharie received a phone call moments before the flight was to depart from a woman who used a false name to obtain a cellphone SIM card to make the call.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/26/malaysia-missing-plane/6907359/

The issue isn't with them narrowing it down the pilot diverted the plane on purpose, but the reason they are trying to imply is without merit, imo. I hope the FBI can shed some light on this. We may find there was nothing on his computer or flight sim to indicate any such action like suicide. Then what are they going to say?!

The 'fatal flaw' theory might explain the initial sudden change in course (off the east coast of Malaysia) and return back to land (to look for a landing spot). But it doesn't explain the continued westward travel towards the Andamans, unless the pilots were already incapacitated--and then how would they then turn southward as all the maps have them going, until running out of gas in the Indian Ocean down by Australia?

But time is very much of the essence, because the recorder comes with an expiration date of about 30 days of battery life.

CNN safety analyst David Soucie, author of "Why Planes Crash," says the specific batteries on this missing plane, could already be dead.

Auditors at the maintenance base that took care of this particular flight, MH370, told Soucie the batteries were stored incorrectly.

"Among that audit was the handling of the pinger, of the little battery in the pinger. Those batteries and pingers need to be stored either in a refrigerated area, or room temperature area," said Soucie.

Malaysia is not a cool country, and summers are extremely hot and humid. The auditor found the batteries and pingers were stored in an area with a temperature of more than 100 degrees.

"He wrote that up as a finding, he said, 'We need to change this.'

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/26/expert-data-recorder-batteries-could-already-be-dead/

If lingers were not properly maintained/stored, what else was lacking as regards aircraft maintenance/safety?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member