Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remember the CEO of MA and the other guy with the moustache on the 2nd last? press conference.

They appeared sad, and sheepish at the same time.

I almost felt like they appeared guilty.

I thought they looked sad,at times I though mousetache man was going to cry.

They seem to be pushed out of the loop concerning the data,the search and await what the investigators tell them . (I am thinking it is the other countries investigators and not their own.

Almost like other countries have said sit down and let us show you what we have.

Balls in a vice? I dunno ,but picture a US plane going down after leaving their country and see if we sit and wait for News.

Almost seems to me that they are not allowed to do anything like they are supposed to release what they are told and not to give information on an investigation level to anyone except certain people.

Even more so then that ,another country has stepped in with information that says "this is what happen to your plane" with no solid proof . Just pings and a math problem.

I dunno it is all just weird to me.

The whole thing starts with the plane vanished from radar .

I know I posted this earlier, but I wanted to ensure that anyone who was unfamiliar with how a plane crash could go down could see it from the perspective of an official gov't body:

This is a government document on a crash -- and I know that many are skeptical about Malaysia, but one has to remember that governments have independent investigative authorities. I highly recommend this link, based on cockpit and black box information, to anyone curious about this crash:

http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/medias-media/videos/aviation/a11h0002/index.asp

Yes I'm with you, straight from the beginning they knew this wasn't an accident......

and the thing is it is just not Malaysian authorities that have come to this conclusion, it took analysed data from overseas companies and other countries radars and satellites to reach the conclusion.........are they all in the cover up??

it has been confirmed that is wasn't a mechanical error, or are a lot of you thinking it is a conspiracy?

I dont think with such international involvement and scrutiny that the Malaysian officials would get away with it...

It might be unfair to actually say with certainty that the pilot did it, but someone did, and knowing that whoever did it, had to have expertise, then of course he has to be one of the main suspects, I can fully understand this...........but I do think it is premature to come out and CONFIRM that he did this........

iTA, u worded it much better than I could.

Exactly. Makes me wonder.

Possible contrails over the South Indian Ocean.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Investigation of a possible southern arc contrail
http://www.weathergraphics.com/malaysia/contrail.shtml

One would think that someone would of noticed a wayward airplane over Indonesia. If hypoxia did occur, I would guess all the people on board were dead or dying as the airplane flew over the Indian Ocean.
My guess would be they were all gone around the time of the left turn. Hypoxia doesn't let you linger. It is very quick. If the plane was manipulated by the pilot/pilots, it is because they had limited use of oxygen to make the changes before death.

This has just gotten to be unbelievable. I can't take all this back and forth..first it's this..then it's that. Everyday you get up hoping they have found the plane or have solid facts with evidence and they have recanted what they said before and come up with a new theory. My thoughts and prayers are with the passengers and their loved ones. What a tragedy and waste of precious life.

Didn't see any contrails, but on the map...look to the SE of the S15 00' E085 05'. Do you see what looks to be in the shape of a plane there? Weird.

I see it! Great catch SS! Six dots to the right and 5 up from the next co-ordinate ( yes, I zoomed way in )

I know I posted this earlier, but I wanted to ensure that anyone who was unfamiliar with how a plane crash could go down could see it from the perspective of an official gov't body:

This is a government document on a crash -- and I know that many are skeptical about Malaysia, but one has to remember that governments have independent investigative authorities. I highly recommend this link, based on cockpit and black box information, to anyone curious about this crash:

http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/medias-media/videos/aviation/a11h0002/index.asp

:seeya:

It almost seems like a 3rd party is needed in the cockpit to prevent disagreements such as this one, and even possibly MH370.

Exactly. Makes me wonder.

Possible contrails over the South Indian Ocean.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Investigation of a possible southern arc contrail
http://www.weathergraphics.com/malaysia/contrail.shtml

One would think that someone would of noticed a wayward airplane over Indonesia. If hypoxia did occur, I would guess all the people on board were dead or dying as the airplane flew over the Indian Ocean.

The problem with that is ,only one in that entire image.

There are thousands of planes up there everyday ...JMO.

This has just gotten to be unbelievable. I can't take all this back and forth..first it's this..then it's that. Everyday you get up hoping they have found the plane or have solid facts with evidence and they have recanted what they said before and come up with a new theory. My thoughts and prayers are with the passengers and their loved ones. What a tragedy and waste of precious life.

I agree with you about the tragedy part, but sometimes bad things just happen.

I hate to put it this way, but if this tragedy was caused by some sort of mechanical or technical error that was undetectable by standard protocols, I wonder what we should do. Do you think that airlines are willing to charge fliers, let's say, 10 times what they currently pay to ensure that every possible issue with a plane could be serviced? I don't even know if that would work -- perhaps the cost would be more akin to providing a new plane that has been exhaustively tested for every single flight.

Risk assessment is an extremely difficult job, and that's part of why aviation actuaries are paid as well as they are.

I guess I don't know how to respond to calling this a 'waste' of life. Sure, it's not a good outcome or a use of life, but I don't think that anyone was wasted, and I feel bad for all of the people who do their best to ensure those who fly are safe to call it a waste, pending some sort of information that suggests neglect, incompetence, or malice.

I agree with you about the tragedy part, but sometimes bad things just happen.

I hate to put it this way, but if this tragedy was caused by some sort of mechanical or technical error that was undetectable by standard protocols, I wonder what we should do. Do you think that airlines are willing to charge fliers, let's say, 10 times what they currently pay to ensure that every possible issue with a plane could be serviced? I don't even know if that would work -- perhaps the cost would be more akin to providing a new plane that has been exhaustively tested for every single flight.

Risk assessment is an extremely difficult job, and that's part of why aviation actuaries are paid as well as they are.

I guess I don't know how to respond to calling this a 'waste' of life. Sure, it's not a good outcome or a use of life, but I don't think that anyone was wasted, and I feel bad for all of the people who do their best to ensure those who fly are safe to call it a waste, pending some sort of information that suggests neglect, incompetence, or malice.

Statistically, air travel is very safe. The unfortunate part is when something does happen, it's catastrophic. JMO.

Statistically, air travel is very safe. The unfortunate part is when something does happen, it's catastrophic. JMO.

OFTEN catastrophic. There are enough miracles for me to say it's not always catastrophic. :twocents:
I sure wish that MH370 could have been another TACA 110 or Hudson River Miracle. :please:

Well, it's usually catastrophic. I have been in two bad landings that were categorized as crashes. Neither had any fatalities, and the one civilian flight I was in that 'crashed' was mainly a bad landing, that went off the runway, with no fatalities and no serious casualties.

Mechanical failure has not been ruled out. If something cracked and led to hypoxia, the pilots could have turned things off in confusion, which would be deliberate action. Nothing has been ruled out at this point, although some things are obviously more likely than others. Certain officials think it's maliciously deliberate, but we can't be 100% sure. There are still structural issues that could have occurred.

Hypoxia and auto-pilot?

IDK.

Yeah, but those two in conjunction only make for the first turn/change of course (in the fatal flaw theory where the fuselage breaks apart and there is depressurization). In that scenario, the plane had trouble, the pilots realized it, and headed back to land asap to land the plane.

The way I see it that theory has some problems (using the map for reference):

1) At the first sign of trouble (at some point prior to course change at 1:07) why didn't they land at the first available airport? That's the rule of thumb for pilots. There are two on the east coast just north of where they traversed the coast on their way out.

2) Why no mayday and request for permission to land at that course change at 1:07 if there is still radio contact and the copilot is alert enough to say "all right, good night" at 1:19?

3) Instead they fly completely across the country for almost an hour after the initial event (pre 1:07); there is also a turn in course 2/3 of the way across land--would they have also reprogrammed their autopilot to do that in the 20 minutes or so of oxygen that they had with their emergency crew masks? "Autopilot is autopilot" says Mitchell Casado on Anderson Cooper..."it's going to stay where it is until you change it." So if they put it on autopilot under hypoxic stress before 1:07, then passed out, one would expect a straight line flight from the point of directional change (1:07) until the plane ran out of fuel.

4) Leaving Malaysia's west coast, *flying at 24,500 feet altitude,* they head back out to sea, making multiple diagonal turns between waypoints that the earlier experts said showed the pilot was an experienced aviator. JMO, but that doesn't seem the moves of someone low on oxygen or someone looking for a place to land. Or, in fact, a dead pilot, which he would certainly be if a fuselage breakup caused a hypoxic event before 1:07. No way could a pilot still be expertly flying a depressurized plane at 24,500 feet, navigating waypoints. His emergency oxygen would have been gone an hour or so earlier.

Faulty component still doesn't explain turns and what seems to be deliberate attempt at being stealth, not just transponder off but also going along ATC border lines. Also very coincidental that left turn happened right at point when about 4countries' ATC lines converge.

IMO this is no accident.

I agree with this. It is the most straightforward theory. I can wrap my head around it.

Mechanical failure has not been ruled out. If something cracked and led to hypoxia, the pilots could have turned things off in confusion, which would be deliberate action. Nothing has been ruled out at this point, although some things are obviously more likely than others. Certain officials think it's maliciously deliberate, but we can't be 100% sure. There are still structural issues that could have occurred.

If you search how to shut off acars,from the cockpit ,it is a computer function one would have to preform steps to do . It isnt a button or a switch It would be like operating a computer program without windows.

Read prompts ,follow them ,push in the entry to make it do what it needs to do

I dont think it could be done if hypoxia had set it all ready. I dont think it would have been done after something went wrong.

The plane was in the air for 45 minutes after they were looking for it or reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther