GUILTY DE - Evan Dudley, 21 mos, beaten to death, Dover, 3 Nov 2012

I signed the petition. Hopefully this poor mom and her baby get the justice they both deserve.

Dover airman charged in boy's death

Fifteen months after a toddler died from traumatic head injuries, Delaware authorities have filed murder charges against a Dover Air Force Base airman who was helping care for the boy while his mother was deployed to the Middle East.

Tuesday's arrest of 25-year-old Justin K. Corbett came after two experts, brought in to review the case, filed their reports with authorities last week. Corbett was charged with murder by abuse or neglect in recklessly causing the death of a child and is being held at Vaughn Correctional Center near Smyrna after failing to pay $100,000 cash bail.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2014/02/19/dover-airman-charged-in-boys-death/5627695/

:dj: *calling MsF, calling MsF, where are you!*

I can't believe this, I have seen his little face so many times in your siggie, but today was the first time I have read Evans story fully, I was balling and looking for any updates when the news of the arrest popped up on my twitter feed! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!!

I cried and cried and cried. I really don't know what else to say.
I do feel bad for his wife with the little kids on her own now... I'm not heartless.
But at least she HAS her children and they are alive and healthy.
I so hope this leads to justice and I so hope that both families come out of it okay. :please:

I can't believe it really happened. They really arrested him. Wow. :please:

So did he bail out or did someone else update his facebook?
They had plenty of time to save up the bond... unless they really thought this wasn't coming.

Justin's facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/justin.k.corbett

In Memory Of Evan - Mom made a statement about the arrest.

https://www.facebook.com/InMemoryOfEvanJDudley

Evan enjoyed eating, dancing, watching Sponge Bob, snuggling, and taking long walks with his mom.

He was known for his immeasurable curiosity, his infectious belly laugh, his humor, and his tenderness.

He had a lovable nature about him; you could not help but fall in love with him.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newszapde/obituary.aspx?pid=160935508#fbLoggedOut

ou9l.jpg

9fxr.jpg

x4i8.jpg

6ytx.jpg

lwu2.jpg

yb5p.jpg

4hru.jpg

Big, giant tears! Justice is finally coming little Evan.

I'm so glad to hear that this angel and his mommy are finally getting justice!

So glad that finally some justice is coming for Evan and his mom!

I'm absolutely disgusted by all of the people who posted on this guy's facebook saying "hater's gonna hate" or "they don't know the real you". Please. This guy murdered a baby and there's plenty of evidence. I bet he beat on his own kids too. Wait til this goes to trial and all these supporters see.

Yes they support him now but would they leave their baby with him for an hour ?

finally! Evan, your momma never gave up and she will see this through for you little guy ...

:dj: *calling MsF, calling MsF, where are you!*

I can't believe this, I have seen his little face so many times in your siggie, but today was the first time I have read Evans story fully, I was balling and looking for any updates when the news of the arrest popped up on my twitter feed! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!!

I have seen it so many times also and just read the entire story, this is so so sad. My heart is broken.

It said in the article about the arrest - $100,000 "cash bail". That usually means you have to pay the entire amount. I hope so. Justice is coming finally!

FWIW, when I was 8 or so I fell down 12-16 wooden stairs (can't recall exact number) - a harder, heavier and longer fall than this supposed story - plus what stopped my fall was a wall because the stairs then turned at a 90 degree angle. I maybe had some bruises. I obviously didn't die of a head wound and I didn't even break anything.

I've fallen down stairs more than I care to admit... broken my tailbone twice on them.
My daughter fell down the stairs when she was about a year old... they ended in tile.
I nearly had a heart attack but she was fine.

My 2 year old nephew just fell down wooden stairs... knocked out a tooth but is fine.

Obviously, there are ways for a toddler to fall down the stairs and die.
If it had snapped his neck I might believe it more.

The only "credit" I can give this suspect is that he didn't make Evan disappear.
It could have ended up like Ayla, Lisa, Haleigh, Kyron, Sabrina, Aliayah and so many others. :twocents:

Is there any chance that it was an accident caused by Justin's son and he's covering the story for him so he doesn't have to live with that? I mean most likely not. I'd be curious to know what he has to say.

Is there any chance that it was an accident caused by Justin's son and he's covering the story for him so he doesn't have to live with that? I mean most likely not. I'd be curious to know what he has to say.

I think it'd be pretty hard for one toddler to kill another, the 2 boys were about the same age. :twocents:

March 22, 2014

Ex-airman: Baby's death an accident

Though he denies killing the boy, Corbett, now 25, is undergoing counseling because he is "feeling responsible since he was entrusted with the care of the child and bears the guilt of how what might be considered neglect on his part has devastated the child's mother," defense attorney Joseph A. Hurley wrote.

-------------------

Hurley wrote that on the day Evan suffered his fatal injuries, Corbett had walked down the stairs to the kitchen, heard the noise and found the boy, a chain of events the defense described as a "tragic accident."

Corbett was being released on bond Friday, state prison officials said.

-------------------------

"I'm disgusted but the fight for Evan isn't over," said Nicole Dudley, the boy's mother said.

-----------------------

Reigle's order requires Corbett to report to the state pretrial services office so he can be supervised while on bail and to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet. He can also have no contact or be within 300 feet of any children, including his own three, to surrender his passport and not leave Delaware.

------------------------

Prosecutor Josette D. Manning, who opposed Hurley's motion, wrote that several doctors, including an assistant state medical examiner, have "opined that Evan died as a direct result of inflicted trauma." The state conducted a "painstaking, thorough and exhaustive investigation that led to only one conclusion: Justin Corbett beat Evan Dudley to death."

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ans-bail-reduced-in-baby-murder-case/6688725/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back