GUILTY DE - Evan Dudley, 21 mos, beaten to death, Dover, 3 Nov 2012

We have MSM: http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...other-seeks-answers-charges-homicide?gcheck=1

Thank you MsFacetious for your hardwork in obtaining official information for this case!

Salem

according to that report she based her claims as follows:

The doctor – Dudley said she can’t remember his name – said Evan’s injuries were no accident. Her baby was assaulted.

“He said his injuries were so severe that he would have had to fall from an eight-story window to sustain the kind of injuries he had,” Dudley said.

That is not believable IMO, if someone fell from an 8th floor building their injuries would be massive and not even remotely consistent with a fall down 8 steps (the two 8s are weird - what is the coincidence of that?). If they are considering a fall down the steps a possibility, the injuries were not that severe. For example, Natasha Richardson died some time after a fall while learning to ski. She did not appear to be hurt initially, but some time later had to be taken to hospital where she subsequently died. These things happen, and a lot more frequently than most people think.

Btw, falling down 8 steps is quite capable of inflicting head injuries severe enough to eventually cause death. It doesn't take much of a blow to the head for this to happen, especially for an infant. If this doctor has told her something other than that, he/she is probably not a very good doctor.

That isn't what she is basing her claim on, she was relating how she found out initially it wasn't an accident.
The police investigated, because they have to eliminate the fall down the stairs as a possibility.
That is their job, to prove the story they were told is incorrect so they can bring charges. :twocents:

His death was labeled a HOMICIDE.
A fall down the steps would be an accident (the story was he fell and immediately was unresponsive.)

Anyone can consider whatever they want, but the medical examiner determined that Evan was MURDERED.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130908/NEWS/309080036

The toddler known as “E.J” died on Nov. 7, four days after arriving at the Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children near Wilmington.
The state Medical Examiner’s Office classified his death as a homicide
and determined the cause was “blunt force injury to the head,” the death certificate said.

On the day Evan died, state police investigating his death as a possible first-degree murder descended on the home on the Dover air base where the boy was found to conduct a search “in the matter of Justin Corbett,” the police warrant said.

Justin Corbett was the named suspect in the warrant, so he should be able to be sleuthed, correct?

That is my understanding but we will see what the mods say. :seeya:

I think retinal detachment could occur from shaking. Something about his eyes don't look right in the "picture to his mamma"....like he already had been suffering at that point. JMO

Give me a minute to read the warrant.

Salem

Okay - wait a minute. Have we seen the warrant? I'm not seeing a link. Are we relying on the info from Delaware Online?

Salem

We can open the door on him, but the first thing sleuthed out should be the court records. Let's see what links/docs are available.

Salem

We still have nothing BUT that article Salem.
I also can't find a place to search Delaware CRIMINAL records online. (I found civil.)
And, I'm guessing since it is military it wouldn't be there anyway.
Does someone else have a way to search STATE records, since it was state police serving the warrant?

Wow. This is just gut-wrenching. Thank you MsFacetious for bringing it here and calling much needed attention to this story which should have been front and center everywhere to begin with. What a gross injustice to Evan's mother off fighting for our country - and her precious beautiful little boy should have been safe and loved in the care of these people... only to be called home to this HELL on earth. I'm so angry that the person(s) responsible for the homicide are free, even though I understand it takes time. So so sick over this...

I'm not much of an optimist and I can't imagine how terrible it is waiting for an arrest, but I believe authorities are building the most airtight case and AG Biden is likely all over this as he himself has a military background... if sweet Evan's story doesn't effect every professional working on his case deeply and motivate them to get a conviction, I don't know what case would.

This is sad beyond words. I really don't see this as the same thing as dear Juliette's story - where the government could presume Juliette was with a loving mommy when her dad was deployed.

This is a single mother, apparently the sole caretaker for her toddler son. For crying out loud, she would have been excused from JURY duty in this case. Yet she was sent overseas for 6 months with no family to care for this baby - just some friends on base.

I don't think it's appropriate for single parents with sole custody and no partner (or even grandparents willing and able to step up) in the picture whatsoever to be forcibly separated from their preschool age child.

And that may mean that single sole custody parents aren't appropriate for the military in general, and should be given an honorable discharge in cases where that happens. And they can work for another part of the economy, and parent their child.

Maybe with a little media attention the prosecutor will step things up and press charges.

I haven't read all the posts below yours, but wanted to respond to this. I know the Air Force due to being married to someone in it.

When it comes to single parents, you are obliged to live out your contract (upon entering the military) even if you are a single mom. When you are a single mom via the Shirt/First Sergeant you are told you MUST have a family plan which means that if something happens to you or you are deployed, there is already care in place for your child (such as your family). I talked to a couple of people about this case including a First Sergeant and it sounds like the Shirt dropped the ball on her custody situation while deployed. Many Shirts (the ones I know) would have encouraged to make sure her son was with her parents. Period. Not this flip flopping between couples she apparently didn't know as well as she thought. Even the IG (inspector general) reviews all family plans to ensure that kids are left out in the cold.

In regards to single parents being allowed in the military. Well, anyone should be allowed to serve; however, it is a pretty common feeling amongst military members that single parents (men and women) are a burden for squadrons. For example, a single parent often cannot work the required shifts due to no care for their child. Like the base Im attached to right now, many of the military members do shift hours: mids for a month, days for a month, 12 hour shifts, including weekends often. Many single parents cannot work those kind of hours; therefore, they get special treatment working 9-5 type schedule and other military members are required to pick up their slack. So, as someone who has been part of the military world for far too long....I totally get what you are saying....but I also feel anyone should be able to serve (minus criminals).

Now, there is a way for women to break their contract and get out. If they are a single parent and get pregnant again, after they give birth they can separate from the military.

But getting pregnant (or obtaining sole custody of your child) once you sign that contract...well the contract is FIRST ALWAYS.

With all of that said, living on so many military bases, I have been privy to some truly horrifying things that happen behind closed doors. Some bases are very hard on their members - you screw up once, you are out. The base im at, if this had happened - the suspect would probably be working latrine duty (so to speak). Other bases are not as strict. It all depends on the Commander and the environment that Commander creates.

I feel horrible for this mom, as I know the incredibly tough world she chose to enter...and can only imagine the pain and guilt she is feeling :( I hope justice will be quickly served and I hope OSI will work with civilian law enforcement to ensure that.

We can open the door on him, but the first thing sleuthed out should be the court records. Let's see what links/docs are available.

Salem

If he is still active duty w/ no apparent restrictions so there probably are not any criminal court records since he has probably never been arrested. Any military records will be via OSI and we would not have access to them. He also has lived in other places, as most tend to be at an AF base for 4 years at a time. Im curious how much time he has left at Dover and if they will let him PCS if there is no arrest beforehand.

Anyways, here is how you obtain Dover, DE criminal court records (basically, you cannot)

http://www.cityofdover.com/Obtain-a-Copy-of-a-Report/
Crime Report
• The Dover Police Department will release a “Victim’s Copy” of a crime report to any victim listed on the report. You must appear in person with photo ID to obtain your copy, however, you should contact our Records Unit at 736-7105 (Mon-Fri, 7:30-4:30) in advance to verify that the report has been processed and is ready to release.
• In the case of a minor child, a custodial parent/legal guardian may obtain the Victim’s Copy; in the case of a deceased victim, the next of kin may obtain. (Proof of relationship required)
• There is no fee for a Victim’s Copy of a crime report.
• Copies of crime reports are not released to anyone other than the stated victim unless directed via a court-issued subpoena.
• Insurance companies may request copies of crime reports relating to their insured’s property only; no suspect information is released. Requests must be made in writing, fees apply. The current fee is $25.00 (subject to change without notice)

He has a linkedin and a photo located on Dover AFB website [feel free to delete if not ok] http://www.dover.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/2012/09/120913-F-VP913-007.jpg

there does not seem to be a FB page.

ETA....he has been stationed at Lackland AFB and seems to be from or lived near Van Alstyne, TX. so he probably has no criminal record before entering the AF as the AF is super strict about that.

Signed the petition with a heavy heart....

justice for Evan and his Mom....

Praying

Micci

I think retinal detachment could occur from shaking. Something about his eyes don't look right in the "picture to his mamma"....like he already had been suffering at that point. JMO

Yes, I immediately noticed that also! In fact I scrolled up to other pictures just to compare, there is something about his eyes that don't look right. There is also something about his demeanor in the picture to "happy B day momma" that gave me a bad feeling right away. A real bad feeling the second I looked at that picture.

My opinion (and strong intuition in this case)

:seeya:

Hey guys do we have MSM where police have named a suspect or poi? Or any official docs showing a suspects name?

If we don't then we cannot sleuth a name on here, including posting links to the persons fb.

Also we never allow sleuthing of someone connected to a suspect unless that person is also named a suspect by police. TIA

:seeya:

Hey guys do we have MSM where police have named a suspect or poi? Or any official docs showing a suspects name?

If we don't then we cannot sleuth a name on here, including posting links to the persons fb.

Also we never allow sleuthing of someone connected to a suspect unless that person is also named a suspect by police. TIA

We have MSM where they served a search warrant on the house in "the matter of Justin Corbett."
They were investigating Evan's homicide and he was named as the "suspect" in the warrant.
(I'm not sure what the actual terms are in the military.)
Because it's military we cannot get anything other than MSM and that warrant. :twocents:

That isn't what she is basing her claim on, she was relating how she found out initially it wasn't an accident.
The police investigated, because they have to eliminate the fall down the stairs as a possibility.
That is their job, to prove the story they were told is incorrect so they can bring charges. :twocents:

His death was labeled a HOMICIDE.
A fall down the steps would be an accident (the story was he fell and immediately was unresponsive.)

Anyone can consider whatever they want, but the medical examiner determined that Evan was MURDERED.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130908/NEWS/309080036

The toddler known as “E.J” died on Nov. 7, four days after arriving at the Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children near Wilmington.
The state Medical Examiner’s Office classified his death as a homicide
and determined the cause was “blunt force injury to the head,” the death certificate said.

On the day Evan died, state police investigating his death as a possible first-degree murder descended on the home on the Dover air base where the boy was found to conduct a search “in the matter of Justin Corbett,” the police warrant said.

The medical examiner doesn't do an investigation, they simply look at the body and determine the cause of death, which in this case was blunt force trauma. They classified the death as "homicide" on that basis, which in turn triggered the investigation. The investigation by LE began to determine if the circumstances of the death was accidental or intentional. You will note that in the report you cite they also say:

Police were there to retrieve carpet and padding to help investigators determine “whether the injuries could be consistent with a fall down the stairs,” according to the warrant

In other words at that point they did not know if it was a homicide or not. If the evidence gathered in the search ruled out an accident (in other words, an intentional injury) then an arrest would have followed almost immediately. This has not happened, which implies that the evidence showed that accidental death was possible under the circumstances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back