Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny seeing everyone post tweets and I'm standing next to the reporters writing them. Yes they interviewed a neighbour who said it appeared someone got taken away last night. He said the man who lives at this property has a few kids. He said he didn't know the adult son well and
And is suspicious of him. RCMP said they could be here for hours or a week. An officer said "I've been on scenes that take a day or a week so who knows. ". Officers got upset with a photographer for trespassing I to the field to get closer pics.

Also there's an RV down the driveway set up with a tarp/canopy thing. Officers also said there's no plans for a media update yet. Four calgary police vehicles just left the property at the same time.

Calgary police, RCMP converge on Airdrie-area property; no word on connection to Amber Alert case

Though one police officer on scene did say the entire property is under a search warrant. In addition to numerous RCMP trucks, a half-dozen Calgary Police Service vehicles were parked in the property’s long driveway.

Corissa Boychuk, who lives near the Airdrie property under police scrutiny, said she initially saw police outside the property at about midnight Saturday and thought it was simply related to traffic matter, but then when she saw the police still in the same location at 11 a.m., knew something more was going on.

Boychuk, who has lived in the area for about 10 years, said she doesn’t know who lives at the property and hasn’t seen much activity there.

“I don’t even know where the house is,” she said. “There’s just an interesting long driveway with trees; I’ve never even seen anyone come out of there.”

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1087346/calgary-police-rcmp-converge-on-airdrie-area-property-no-word-on-connection-to-amber-alert-case/

Ian Campbell @news_ian · 10m

Neighbours tell me the couple who own property are Garlands - they're in their 80s. No word if anyone else lives here

Ian Campbell @news_ian · 1m
Neighbour hadn't seen green truck - Garlands apparently drive beat up old Buick #Airdrie

Ian Campbell @news_ian · 3m
Police have been doing a grid search using HAWCS, tactical and K-9. Joint investigation between CPS and RCMP #Airdrie

https://twitter.com/news_ian

So, the person who took all THREE people from a home to cover his tracks is going to depose of them on his own property/where he lives?

The neighbour here said the man was 50....
Now these tweets say 40's or 80's. All the reporters here agree they're not taking the neighbour too seriously. He clearly didn't know them. Neighbour said he talked to the arrested guy last 3 years
Ago

I'm very happy there is some action, because that usually leads to resolution...but I'm sad at the implications.

Ian Campbell @news_ian · 10m

Neighbours tell me the couple who own property are Garlands - they're in their 80s. No word if anyone else lives here

I wonder if it is a rental property.

So, the person who took all THREE people from a home to cover his tracks is going to depose of them on his own property/where he lives?

As crazy as that sounds maybe yes. True story. Neighborhood bully 2 houses down from me growing up murdered his friend and buried him under his porch. It happens.

How far is this from the grandparents house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD