Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder what they're searching for. If they think there's somebody buried there, why wouldn't they bring dogs in for that? I can't see somebody tossing a gun out in a field or any weapon, but maybe they have to look anyway. Has anybody seen dogs there?

It makes me wonder what they're searching for. If they think there's somebody buried there, why wouldn't they bring dogs in for that? I can't see somebody tossing a gun out in a field or any weapon, but maybe they have to look anyway. Has anybody seen dogs there?

I will have to find the msm link but I read that k9 are indeed there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campbell @news_ian
Police have been doing a grid search using HAWCS, tactical and K-9. Joint investigation between CPS and RCMP #Airdrie

Agreed, I've been thinking the same, it seems like it had to be more than one person, but then there are cases where one person has managed to overpower several people just with a weapon.

I hate to say this but all he needed to do was to threaten to hurt Nathan and the grandparents would have done whatever he said to keep Nathan from being hurt.

I always think that too..why not just bring in the dogs!?! Stop wasting time!! I'm sure theres a logical reason behind it though. :blushing:
I see now that there is K9 there. Good.

Glad so many people are tuned into this case. The more aware, the more likely these cases get tips and solved. Keep up the great sleuthing everyone.

There are currently 278 users browsing this thread. (46 members and 232 guests).

*waves* to guests...

Sticking by my robbery gone wrong and killing them at the primary residence....maybe killed one by accident and the rest followed and wrapped them in something missing from the house (rug...sheets) and hid in back of truck.

Is Calgary a hot bed at all for illegal drug manufacturing? Meth labs? Desperate peeps needing cash? I know it's rich with oil jobs but every city has their desperate people.

Glad so many people are tuned into this case. The more aware, the more likely these cases get tips and solved. Keep up the great sleuthing everyone.

There are currently 278 users browsing this thread. (46 members and 232 guests).

I am not in Calgary but this has been at the top of our news. I was in Calgary for a few days this week and despite the Stampede, this story remains front page news. I just hope it stays that way.

*waves* to guests...

Sticking by my robbery gone wrong and killing them at the primary residence....maybe killed one by accident and the rest followed and wrapped them in something missing from the house (rug...sheets) and hid in back of truck.

Is Calgary a hot bed at all for illegal drug manufacturing? Meth labs? Desperate peeps needing cash? I know it's rich with oil jobs but every city has their desperate people.

There are LOTS OF DRUGS here.....oil city with lots of money and young people. We like any other city have our seedy areas for drugs and prostitutes.

Two helicopters circling now. Even more media has
Arrived. It's almost the 6pm news. Maybe officers
Will then offer a statement. Will hang out till at least then.

Also reporters on scene are saying they've seen contraband searches and body searches before And to them
It looks like a body search.

*waves* to guests...

Lots of pot, but we rarely hear about other drugs being an issue. That being said, Stampede just started so guaranteed there has been a huge influx of drugs in the past few weeks.
I grew up in Calgary and lived there until a few months ago.

There are LOTS OF DRUGS here.....oil city with lots of money and young people. We like any other city have our seedy areas for drugs and prostitutes.

Might be worth pointing out that the area the family lives in would NOT be considered a drug area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname