Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question concerns the CCTV footage as well .The picture released to the public shows the drivers side of the vehicle ,butthe truck has already passed the camera.Would there not be an image available ,that would show more of the driver,as the truck drove up to,and was directly in front of the camera?

One of the things that Ive wondered about from the beginning in this case, is why would the bodies need to be removed from the house, would'nt it be easier to make it look like a burglary gone bad, it would be hard work and very risky to drag bodies around and transport them in your own vehicle. I think maybe the reason the bodies couldn't be left in the house is that there were not three bodies. Three people going missing is a whole different scenario than if, say, two bodies were found and one person missing. DG has no history of violent crime, but has knowledge of identity theft . He might be a good person to know if you wanted to make yourself disappear.

When I was reading through the discussion yesterday someone posted that a neighbour or resident in the area mentioned the garbage was being burned "all day" at the Garland residence last week. If this is true and has any connection with the disappearance of the three victims their remains may be long gone. In rural Alberta, it is very common for residents to burn their garbage and also it is very common to burn animal carcasses from sick/dead livestock or from hunting. These burns run incredibly hot and if human remains were dumped in the fire I wouldn't expect any identification to be possible (no DNA would remain.)

JO and NO were at the sale to help out for the day, and when JO was ready to leave, NO asked to stay.

There is no reference in MSM at all to JO leaving and coming back and leaving again. Just that she left around 10, left NO there, and came back at 10 the next morning.

Would you be so kind to point me in the direction of that verified information that they stayed all day until 10pm? I have seen many posts speculating they stayed till 10 and JO left then but the official/initial statement said that NO was dropped off at 10pm.

When I was reading through the discussion yesterday someone posted that a neighbour or resident in the area mentioned the garbage was being burned "all day" at the Garland residence last week. If this is true and has any connection with the disappearance of the three victims their remains may be long gone. In rural Alberta, it is very common for residents to burn their garbage and also it is very common to burn animal carcasses from sick/dead livestock or from hunting. These burns run incredibly hot and if human remains were dumped in the fire I wouldn't expect any identification to be possible (no DNA would remain.)

A friend of mine lives very very close to the acreage, he mentioned today (and to the police of course) on Tuesday night he woke in the middle of the night and noticed the lights on in the greenhouse at the acreage which struck him as odd, he said they always burn their garbage also and the following morning they were burning garbage the entire day. None of this would be completely out of the ordinary without knowing the circumstances we know now.

A non verified "insider" heard a rumour that on Wednesday there was a garbage fire burning at the property in Airdrie. They could have been burning garbage. If they were burning people, they were leaving it pretty late (2 days later?) And of course, the poster says "None of this would be completely out of the ordinary".

Fire may not destroy all circumstantial evidence (jewellery, metal fasteners on victims' clothing, etc.) or indeed DNA (inside teeth)

But he might feel left behind if he fell asleep and his almost 2 year old little brother went home with mom. Don't children notice things like that?

As a Mom of 3, I've left my child at my mothers place if they fell asleep and they had no issues. My guess is that JO had no problem leaving her sleeping son with her parents. She also stated that grandma is like a second mom.

Would you be so kind to point me in the direction of that verified information that they stayed all day until 10pm? I have seen many posts speculating they stayed till 10 and JO left then but the official/initial statement said that NO was dropped off at 10pm.

June 29, 10 p.m.: The estate sale is over and the O'Brien family heads home after a day of helping out. Nathan's mother, Jennifer O'Brien, leaves him with his grandparents for a sleepover.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-what-we-know-so-far-1.2695160

Would you be so kind to point me in the direction of that verified information that NO was dropped off at 10pm? I can't find anything to that effect in MSM.

June 29: It’s the third day of the estate sale at Alvin and Kathryn Liknes’ home in Parkhill. Jennifer O’Brien, Kathryn’s daughter, visits the home with two of her children. At around 10 p.m., she leaves with her youngest son. Five-year-old Nathan O’Brien stays at his grandparents’ house for a sleepover

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Amber+Alert+Timeline+events/10005882/story.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-what-we-know-so-far-1.2695160

Would you be so kind to point me in the direction of that verified information that NO was dropped off at 10pm? I can't find anything to that effect in MSM.

As per the police report http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2...ons-investigation-additional-photos-released/

"Nathan’s mom and his younger sibling had been at the residence assisting with the estate sale Sunday afternoon. Nathan’s mom left the residence with her youngest child around 10 p.m., leaving Nathan to have a sleepover with his grandparents."

I believe the original story in the media included "Dropped off" but it has since been clarified to the current timeline, which is that Mom left the house, leaving NO behind.

Shoot , I obviously have a lot to learn about posting here - was hoping to have the original post as a quote and now it looks confusing - sorry about that.

As per the police report http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2...ons-investigation-additional-photos-released/

"Nathan’s mom and his younger sibling had been at the residence assisting with the estate sale Sunday afternoon. Nathan’s mom left the residence with her youngest child around 10 p.m., leaving Nathan to have a sleepover with his grandparents."

I fixed it here

Shoot , I obviously have a lot to learn about posting here - was hoping to have the original post as a quote and now it looks confusing - sorry about that.

Don't worry you can fix it, click edit post. All you have done is lost the ] off the end quote, it should look like this [/QUOTE]

ETA: Sorry, I'm such a nerd lol

:welcome::welcome6:

Welcome Violet56... it's ok. I understood it.

One of the things that Ive wondered about from the beginning in this case, is why would the bodies need to be removed from the house, would'nt it be easier to make it look like a burglary gone bad, it would be hard work and very risky to drag bodies around and transport them in your own vehicle. I think maybe the reason the bodies couldn't be left in the house is that there were not three bodies. Three people going missing is a whole different scenario than if, say, two bodies were found and one person missing. DG has no history of violent crime, but has knowledge of identity theft . He might be a good person to know if you wanted to make yourself disappear.

Good point! I didn't consider this and I don't know why.
Thank you.

Maybe this has been asked and answered already but there are so many posts to go through that I haven't noticed it come up.

Has there been any mentioned or does anyone know how long Alvin and Kathryn have been together? Jennifer is obviously the daughter of Kathryn Liknes and at their press conference early on I recall her stating/addressing her mom and Alvin. She didn't say dad or father and her tone or manner of addressing Alvin struck me as being somewhat odd.

Here's the fixed Calgary Herald link:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...sappearances+Nathan+Brien/10001950/story.html

I recall reading it. Frankly I suspect a minor piece of bad wording or jumping to conclusions there. The camera probably doesn't show the truck "circling the neighborhood" because the vantage point only shows a small section of street, not the whole neighborhood.

It probably shows the truck appearing multiple times throughout the course of the night. That could just as easily mean the truck was there at 11pm, then did some runs to and from Airdrie, appearing again at 1 am, 3 am, etc. It all depends on how long between the sightings. A few minutes? Sure, then it probably was "circling the neighborhood". But longer gaps in between appearances could mean multiple visits to and from the house.

Thanks for the corrected link ...it is a proper link in my original post.....I made the mistake of copying it to notepad as I comprised the above message & it shortened it :)

& yes...it could have been there multiple times throughout the night.....or multiple times in a short span of time within those 12 hours ...

I think the reporter's wording was just to emphasize the fact that the truck had been there...throughout the night....more than once. That could lead to two ways of thinking depending how you look at it......1...casing out the house...or 2...coming and going from the house....

What we don't know of course is if LE has more than just what was shown...& I'm assuming of course...that they do.....there could be another cctv that actually shows the truck in question possibly in the driveway.....etc etc...we of course won't be privy to that....
At some point though....that truck...was caught on cctv....more than once....on that block...in that crucial span of 12 hours. :)

Just thinking aloud...

What if DG going to the house, if it really was him, had nothing to do with money or revenge? I'm thinking of all kinds of reason why he, or his truck, could've been there.

Could there have been intellectual property he shared with AL that he wanted to retrieve? Design specs, renderings, formulas, processes, blue-prints...things like that?
Could DG have been asked by his sister to borrow the truck to pick up a piece of furniture that wasn't sold?
Could DG have learned that AL sold or was selling something he had no right to sell?
Was AL in possession of something that belonged to DG or his family and he wanted to make sure he didn't leave town with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona