Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you aware that commercial construction sites have nighttime security?

I live in Edmonton. Here, some do and some don't.

A commercial construction site in Airdrie, or anywhere for that matter, could be as simple as the racetrack being built by DG's acreage. Or a small convenience store. It could also mean roadwork where they are putting in pipe, etc...or a new sub-division that they're running lines in or a new skateboard park. What is the need for security in areas such as these? Someone may come and bury bodies? They may have security that makes their rounds, or not. DG probably would've researched that out if this was his dumping ground of choice. Any new homes being built around Airdrie? Any excavated basements waiting for concrete? Now there's a nice remote, quiet, dark, lonely place to do some work in...in a basement...dig a shallow grave in the dirt...wait for concrete. These aren't necessarily secured. JMO

^^BBM

IIRC...there was earlier discussion about a storage place or something? *can't recall at the moment what it was... have to look for the post/article* in a town north of Airdrie that DG had.....Crossfield!! That was the town.....just need to find the story...

ETA: link referencing Crossfield:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...algary-30-June-2014-4&p=10715197#post10715197

In the photos as sillybilly noted...4th from the right bottom row....in the photo caption there are details about Crossfield & the 1992 search/arrest

Thanks for the Crossfield refresh info, I totally forgot about that! Thanks to sillybilly too on that one.

I don't think so. Even 40 years ago there were bylaws about burning on the prairies.

Well...I'm pretty sure there were no bylaws about burning animal carcasses on farms in the prairies in Radway, Alberta. If there were, they certainly weren't being adhered to on my grandparents' farm. That, by the way, was a very common practise amongst the farmers in the area. Who wrote bylaws for farmers 40 years ago? JMO

Would he leave anything resembling a grave? Or would he be smart enough to carefully dig up some crop and replace it over the bodies? That might be visable on a lawn but in acrop field?
If you dug carefully, between rows, buried bodies deeply and very carefully replaced the plants with reasonable roots, I doubt it would be visable.

Disturbed earth would be obvious because it's a different colour and it would not be settled in the same way as undisturbed earth. Acreage owners know their properties, as they are required to look after them .. and they do. It's not just a house surrounded by a bunch of unused land.

It's moved about 8 feet+ closer to the water catcher and the outbuilding, thanks for your help.

Do you see the long white objects that could be sliders? I hope that LE considers your observation!

Well...I'm pretty sure there were no bylaws about burning animal carcasses on farms in the prairies in Radway, Alberta. If there were, they certainly weren't being adhered to on my grandparents' farm. That, by the way, was a very common practise amongst the farmers in the area. Who wrote bylaws for farmers 40 years ago? JMO

The municipality - in this case the District of Rockyview - had bylaws in place even 40 years ago. Burning livestock and animals on acreages was not allowed 40 years ago. If there is a fire on the open prairie, everyone knows that the house burns to the ground before anyone can help. That's still the case today.

No kidding,...even the neighbourhood poodles and yorkies would be interested.

And? I had 2 cairn terriers...built a brand new house in 1985...one of the cairns kept licking a spot on the drywall. We kept fixing it. Dog kept licking, and licking until it licked a hole clean thru the drywall. There was a sandwich in a baggie that the construction workers swept into the framing before putting the drywall on. My point is, just because a dog is paying attention to a particular spot, and maybe even has some strange behaviour towards that spot, doesn't mean that the owners are going to get someone to dig up the street.

The municipality - in this case the District of Rockyview - had bylaws in place even 40 years ago. Burning livestock and animals on acreages was not allowed 40 years ago. If there is a fire on the prairie, and the wind picks up, everyone knows that the house burns to the ground before anyone can help. That's still the case today.

Oh well...common practise back in the day my friend. :)

And? I had 2 cairn terriers...built a brand new house in 1985...one of the cairns kept licking a spot on the drywall. We kept fixing it. Dog kept licking, and licking until it licked a hole clean thru the drywall. There was a sandwich in a baggie that the construction workers swept into the framing before putting the drywall on. My point is, just because a dog is paying attention to a particular spot, and maybe even has some strange behaviour towards that spot, doesn't mean that the owners are going to get someone to dig up the street.

Animals dig up shallow graves. That's why dead animals have to be buried six feet under on rural properties.

Plastic and duct tape. Embalming is too far fetched and would take longer than just disposing in the first place. The half mask respirator in the picture earlier also cuts down odors.

Sorry OOTD...you lost me..."the half mask respirator in the picture earlier also cuts down odors". The respirator wouldn't stop the bodies from smelling, only maybe for the person wearing it. I must not be understanding what you're saying...sorry

Animals dig up shallow graves. That's why dead animals have to be buried six feet under on rural properties.

I agree, animals will dig up shallow graves...if they have time before the cement truck comes :)

Remember the search by LE of the abandoned Ford dealership and the nearby Agriculture building with the cargo bay that was labelled POST MORTEM ONLY? The piles of rolled up tarps on the other side of the fence?
This was just after DG was re-arrested after leaving the Airdrie hotel.
We discussed that that cargo bay was likely where diseased animals were taken for testing and disposal by Dept. of Agriculture. I really thought LE were onto something with that particular part of the investigation.
Does anyone else have any thoughts about that?
I'm interested in what news.talk and Cherchri have to say, given their first hand experience with LE and its operations.
Would anything uncovered there have been shared with the public? These areas were cordoned off and searched for 2 days IIRC.

I remember that search as I was extremely eager and curious to find out if it was the building they were searching and if so, what was the building like currently (abandoned or a business, etc). A local WS'er, drove by and gave us an update IIRC (can't remember which WS now).

I thought they might've been onto something also as there are quite a few government agriculture centers in that area, as well as the farm animal incinerator thing you're referring to. I think if they would've found something at the animal disposal (which they might've and it's not been publicized) there would've been photos of LE or ME in the suits and masks doing a thorough crime scene investigation. However, this search was on the down-low so a search could've been done by the suit/mask folks under the radar, as it was a fluke connection in the article I read to even find out about it. IIRC, I found it strange that the entire article didn't mention the search, but it was the photo caption text under the photo that mentioned the location of this search.

It's moved about 8 feet+ closer to the water catcher and the outbuilding, thanks for your help.

wait, pologies,, looking over other pics back and forth I think I'm wrong (damn perspective). but it does move as there are tire marks that run almost under it on the google pics if you zoom in and out. anyhoo, while flicking back and forth between pics something else did stand out, something sterile,, it's as if there are two worlds on the G property,, ma & pa"s world, the house the manicured lawn,, then there is the rest of the property, where the messy bits go, I'll call this dg's world. he may have had ideas for a garden, nicely planned and tilled on google maps but by crime time it seems weedy, unkempt, a project forgotten or something else came to the fore of his thoughts.

open two screens,, the crime one and the google one and tell me what you think on this.

are there other digital globe or world maps with good clarity?

Exactly...not to mention, developers build subdivisions in stages. There would already be homes occupied by new owners on the hypothetical street, and I'm almost sure they would notice a backhoe operating on their street in the middle of the night. They'd be some p o'd.

Up here in Edmonton and surrounding area, they're building like crazy. One day there's a bush, the next day there are earthmovers, bobcats, etc., the next day there are utility lines, etc going in...then the next week...they're putting in roadways...trust me, there's no one living out there. There's no houses, no nothing...bare open land...and it's happening all around our city outskirts. It's also not unusual to see construction equipment, especially roadwork being done in the overnight hours...happens all the time here. They like to get the work done at night so it doesn't interfere with the morning rush hour commute. The Anthony Henday ringroad is under construction 24/7...everyone knows it, no one cares. Booming cities are going 24/7...no one questions, no one cares...it's commonplace now. JMO

There were 3 murders that happened in a quiet neighborhood in Calgary somewhere between the hours of 10:00 pm and 10:00 am...3 people removed from a home. Must have been some kind of out-of-the-norm activity. There had to be some kind of noise during this situation...and no one noticed. If they did, no one called LE, no one checked it out (to our knowledge)

In this day and age, with the shootings, senseless killings, etc.,road rage, etc... people keep their heads down and their noses clean. They for the most part don't get involved, IMO. I don't think anyone would go up to a bobcat operator and ask any questions. Would they be po'd? For sure! But it happens everywhere...it wouldn't really be that out there! JMO

Just for a comparison from google maps and from the helicopter overhead:

gh1-2.jpg

ETA: tried both bing & mapquest also...bing pic quality is terrible *JMOO but it's true ;)* and mapquest doesn't have aerial over that area...ends at city of Airdrie...

Disturbed earth would be obvious because it's a different colour and it would not be settled in the same way as undisturbed earth. Acreage owners know their properties, as they are required to look after them .. and they do. It's not just a house surrounded by a bunch of unused land.
I'm not suggesting tilling it but rather carefully cutting it out and replacing it... Like sod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyVoodoo123