Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is just what Jodi wants everyone to believe. Travis isn't here to ask him those questions.

Travis certainly cared what his church thought of him.

Deanna. The only reason the "church", actually the Bishop, knew is because Travis confessed what he considered a sin and felt guilt about, to the Bishp. The church doesn't go around looking in windows like Jodi Arias. No one at the church would ever see TA's computer. They don't subpoena member records and review them. The only knowlegde the church has is what TA tells them.

IMO, TA was not concerned about what the church "thought of him", but about his soul and thus he went and confessed his sins. He didn't have to tell anyone at the church anything about any of his relationships. But, because of his sincere beliefs in his religion, he went to his Bishop. It's certainly nothing I can relate to, but there is no doubt in my mind that TA was sincere in his beliefs. It seems an absurd pressure to put on oneself to a heathen like me, but he obviously cared more about his eternal life than about the church's opinion of him. I don't at all see that he had any concern about the church's opinion of him or he would simply never have told the Bishop about any of what he considered failures.

The Mormon church is a bit different than main stream Christianity. To be fully repentant, a faithful Mormon must tell his/her bishop (a "Judge in Israel") of any sin committed and then go through a repentance process. Sometimes a bishop will request regular interviews, request that the person read scriptures more, pay tithing, attend the temple. Things like that. It is the bishop that decides worthiness and determines if the person is truly repentant and if a member loses their worthiness it affects their status in Heaven.

I better hush about religion now but I just wanted to explain why I stated that TA cared what his church thought.

Why would someone with their own company do work for someone else when they were not even told what the case was about?

Oh, I forgot, he cannot testify under his own name or without a disguise so that would not really help his business anyway!

Come on. It's been over a month. There is no reason why the copies shilould not have been prepared then when it was initially ordered for them to be released. They KNEW this day would come. If the delay is due to needing to prepare copied then it's just an example of more inefficiency in AZ.

John Smith testified that he had worked on 5 federal Cases. He testified that he owned his own business. Then he testified that he was a co-worker of the Meister. Which was it? He testified that this was his first time testifying. Is there a big reason for the expert in Data Science who owns his own company not to be the one testifying if he is doing the work?

So ... Has the Meister been passing off John Smiths work as his own in courts of law? Has he been charging the big bucks for work he did not do while testifying that he did the work? Has he been so reluctant because he does not want his money making scheme exposed? Is this the real reason he did not want to come back? Does he fear prison for perjury? Lawsuits? WHAT?

Something stinks bad and it's coming from the defense side of the courtroom!

If BN has been passing off Sue D. work as his own in courts, I wonder if those cases might be in jeopardy?

Does the court reporter not type all this up as it's happening? So shouldn't it already be electronic?
(I'm asking seriously-- I know nothing about court reporting)

A week to make copies? Wow, I need to work for the g'vmt.

Court reporters type in code. That is why they can type so fast. It is very difficult to learn how to do it. Sort of like shorthand, I think. Anyway, the reporter than transcribes their report so that it can be read. That is why the judge said it was ready.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...hats_that_thingy_court_reporters_type_on.html

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4915012_court-reporter-machines-work.html

Does the court reporter not type all this up as it's happening? So shouldn't it already be electronic?
(I'm asking seriously-- I know nothing about court reporting)

A week to make copies? Wow, I need to work for the g'vmt.

They will take an order for copies and then make them as they are ordered, I believe. That is why they are saying it could take up to a week. I don't think they will make copies unless they are ordered and paid for first. JMO

I may be confused about this, but didn't Brian N testify in December. At that time he said he had worked on this with two associates. Didn't John Smith testify today that he had been introduced to this case in Jan 2015. It seems to me there are two other "associates" who may have done "damage" or added the "incinerator" to the DT's copy of the hard drive. Seems a bit like they are trying to hide someone from the prosecution.

They will take an order for copies and then make them as they are ordered, I believe. That is why they are saying it could take up to a week. I don't think they will make copies unless they are ordered and paid for first. JMO

Oh hmm. But I mean how long could an order take? Accept the payment and then let the laserjet printer do it's work. I guess somehow it's not as simple as that?

They are electronically stored. Even my $40 Epson printer can print 8 pages per minute. We are talking about the court clerk clicking the "print" button and the time it will take to spit out paper.

WHAT? If the court clerk already has them, what would take a week? All they need is ONE copy. I am sure the press would copy and share.

PDFs, people. Has the court never heard of this space-age innovation?

They are not physically handwriting out the testimony to give to media. In that case, yes it could take a week. But now? It's that secret Stephens is going to TAKE a week to approve the Clerk to click the print button on her computer

The new girl was Mormon as well. He writes that he met her at the UFC party then saw her at church. They were scheduled to hang out May 29 the date of his last journal entry. He also wrote that she had friended him on Facebook.
Beth thinks Jodi hacked in and posted a comment or pic to squash the hopes of the new girl

I saw what BK posted. IIRC, several TA friends mentioned that he caught her hacking into his FB account at that time, which prompted a showdown. That part isn't new. Not sure where BK got her info that the hack was specifically related to the new girl..or if that is a supposition by BK.

Dunno. As I said, I wondered if this set JA off, and in turn Travis. Funny that Travis didn't write anything at all about any of this in his journal.

I end up back where I started- that Travis was more likely responding to a threat by her over the "stolen" phone with the sex talk on it.

I saw what BK posted. IIRC, several TA friends mentioned that he caught her hacking into his FB account at that time, which prompted a showdown. That part isn't new. Not sure where BK got her info that the hack was specifically related to the new girl..or if that is a supposition by BK.

Dunno. As I said, I wondered if this set JA off, and in turn Travis. Funny that Travis didn't write anything at all about any of this in his journal.

I end up back where I started- that Travis was more likely responding to a threat by her over the "stolen" phone with the sex talk on it.

Bk received the information from Traviss journals about the new girl

Why does this computer stuff have anything to do with JA's sentencing? Seems like it should have been presented in the guilt trial. I don't get it.

I would like to hear Jodi testify. It'll be interesting to hear her latest incarnation of what/why it happened. We already know what happened, but I'm fascinated by psychosis. SHE HAS IT! I'm a certified NUT and JA is WAAAAAYYYYYY over the top.

I think it's funny-weird that Travis didn't journal at all after May 29th, it just seemed to me it was more or less a daily thing.

Why does this computer stuff have anything to do with JA's sentencing? Seems like it should have been presented in the guilt trial. I don't get it.

I would like to hear Jodi testify. It'll be interesting to hear her latest incarnation of what/why it happened. We already know what happened, but I'm fascinated by psychosis. SHE HAS IT! I'm a certified NUT and JA is WAAAAAYYYYYY over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann