DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
nbc4 Vehicles have been moved from the house, fence is going up...black, high chain link, and the busted windows boarded up

BBM

I think that what I said got misinterpreted to be saying that people ' keep their passports in their car.' What I said was that my husband often has him on him because he needs a second ID quite often because he is an independent contractor who needs a passport in order to be paid. So he keeps his in his computer bag. [---kept NOT in the car] But if he was pulled over, his passport would be found 'in the car.'

My daughter travels a lot for work and takes her passport along and so hers is quite often in her purse, which is in HER CAR while she is driving it. Again, if she were stopped, her passport would be with her , in her car.

So I was just trying to make the point that just because he had his passport with him, it does not necessarily mean he was fleeing the country. JMO

It's all about this particular context in which the passport was found. It's all about these particular circumstances in which the search warrant affidavit asserts that JW lied about how he came into possession of the ransom money and where he allegedly delivered it.

Why might people who have a work-related nexus to 3 murdered people have a passport in his car?

Why do people lie? Because the truth isn't good enough.

That was exactly my point as to why you'd want to cut a deal to punish them all.

I am still not convinced there are a lot more involved. I won't be at all surprised if it ends up that DW was the only monster in the house. JMO

But what I'm saying is that as of yet I've heard no evidence made public that would prove that it specifically was DW who killed rather than him being part of it. Knowing that all those things happened is all the more reason to round up everyone tied to this before and after the fact. For instance it could have been DW's other relative who also used to work for SS that masterminded this, just he ate all his pizza crusts and wears more than one pair of shoes.

I agree. I'm not convinced that DW is the perp who tortured PS because I can't figure out his motive for doing so. Torture of a child indicates a level of personal hatred to me beyond being just a sociopath. I also don't see him as the mastermind.

JMO

Probably a ridiculous thought, but could have been "pressed" on by hand.??? IDK

JMO I think LE is trying to lure WJ to make a call? A call to who ever else was in the house with DW, this perp isn't in database. The recent leaks of more evidence and the media focusing on him... must have him freaking out, just waiting for the knock on the door.

The current media focus on JW is astonishing. WP had a large feature story in the Metro section this morning detailing LE's efforts to tie him to this crime. People magazine has his face plastered front and center to a story casting questions about his involvement. If you google him name ....well, it's ugly. How much longer before he sports a set of handcuffs?

But what I'm saying is that as of yet I've heard no evidence made public that would prove that it specifically was DW who killed rather than him being part of it. Knowing that all those things happened is all the more reason to round up everyone tied to this before and after the fact. For instance it could have been DW's other relative who also used to work for SS that masterminded this, just he ate all his pizza crusts and wears more than one pair of shoes.

My guess is they can tie DW to the father's murder. His blood MAY be on DW's shoes, and they prob have more evidence connecting DW to the father's murder that we are not privy to.

The other victims...I don't know

I think it would depend on the circumstances of what happened as DW could have just been following a higher-ups orders or others could be equally culpable in this. As far as the evidence goes I've heard nothing as yet that specifically puts the murder weapon in his hands where he personally killed anyone, so I think they'll probably have evidence to show him guilty of Felony Murder, but I could see them giving him a deal because they have insufficient evidence to show that he personally did the killing and whoever else he names would be just as guilty of Felony Murder as him. DW confessing to this could bring closure to the family while roping up whoever else was involved and I think that would be a win.

You do not need to put on direct evidence of him holding the weapon -- circumstantial evidence is evidence. There is plenty of evidence.

I agree. I'm not convinced that DW is the perp who tortured PS because I can't figure out his motive for doing so. Torture of a child indicates a level of personal hatred to me beyond being just a sociopath. I also don't see him as the mastermind.

JMO

IMO DW wanted the money that he was ulitimately was caught with. I think he resented this rich family who had such nice things that he wanted and could never afford on his own. He wanted to show them that despite all of SS money that now he, DW, was in control

Just to add more details, I looked for other vehicles that are currently registered in MD or DC. In MD, Sigma Investment Enterprises also has the 2008 Bentley registered, and AIW has a 2104 Land Rover Range registered (it has a number of pickups and other trucks as well that likely are pure business vehicles). In Dc, Amy S had current registrations for a 2014 Hyundai Equus, a 2012 Land Rover LR4 and a 2008 Porche 911. Savvo S has no vehicles registered in DC.

Could not find an Audi under any of these name.

The Mosler has a Florida plate (green letters that has an M at the top for myflorida.com) that begins with an N. See pic 8/13 here: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29222382/police-examine-large-safe-savopoulos-home

Being a part of it does make you guilty of murder.

It's all about this particular context in which the passport was found. It's all about these particular circumstances in which the search warrant affidavit asserts that JW lied about how he came into possession of the ransom money and where he allegedly delivered it.

Why might people who have a work-related nexus to 3 murdered people have a passport in his car?

Why do people lie? Because the truth isn't good enough.

I understand. And maybe these things will eventually prove that he is guilty of murder. IDK.

But I am kind of sensitive about jumping to conclusions and labeling a young man as GUILTY when some of those circumstances could be innocent.

When my son was a sophomore in college, his very best friend, was accused, arrested and charged with rape. A friend of theirs from high school came to visit my son's friend, and he and the girl went out to a party, came home, had consensual relations, and went to sleep. When he woke up in the morning she was gone. An hour later campus police were knocking on his door, accusing him of date rape.

Luckily for him, the charges were dropped when she admitted, during a polygraph, that she LIED because her boyfriend found out she went on a date and she wanted to cover it up.

But during the time our friend was in jail, awaiting bail, some people that he thought were his friends, were pointing to old FB posts and saying they showed he was 'messed up.' And those posts were quotes from films and song lyrics. But people jumped on them as if he himself was saying them.

And there were a few pictures of the 'victim' on his desk in his apartment. So people said it proved he was obsessed with her. But in reality, he had remembered he had them and had taken them out of an old scrapbook to give them to her, since they were from high school and were fun pictures that she might want. But that kind gesture got twisted into a claim that it was 'proof' he was guilty.

So when I hear situations like a passport being found in a backpack, I like to look at it objectively, and wonder if there is an array of potential reasons for it being there. As opposed to just one nefarious one.

JW MIGHT be an evil, coldblooded monster who devised this brutal plan with DW. I don't know. But so far, I am not totally off the fence. JMO

Thinking that perhaps LE has info and tidbits from the "other employee" at the bank (a trustworthy individual, employee, etc) not only about JW and his behavior, but info from the earlier evening forward that does not gel with JW's statements to LE. As we have noted, LE appears to be hammering down on JW via the media mercilessly

JMO

DW has threatened to kill children before. he has also been arrested for domestic violence and his own father took out a restraining order on him because he threatened to kill the family. Sounds like he had a lot of seething rage and was a violent person. I do not see any criminal history for JW.

Why does money has to be raised for her funeral? The family she cared for and died with has millions in the estate.

Inheritors of the estate should atleast give her family 100k.

Unless they want her family to sue the estate .

Jmo

I sure as heck wouldn't, it's not their responsibility. why would the family sue the estate? jmo idk

Ok, this was a total ripoff, but I paid to run the VIN on Experian.....
sbm

Skigirl

TYVM for buying this VIN round; next time we treat. Red, white, or rose (vin) for you?

:toastred:

Why does money has to be raised for her funeral? The family she cared for and died with has millions in the estate.

Inheritors of the estate should atleast give her family 100k.

Unless they want her family to sue the estate .

Jmo

What grounds would they have to sue?I can't imagine any scenario where they would win such a suit.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

JMO

Yeah, it does seem really personal. It's also possible that the person with that intense level of hatred for the young boy might have suggested that the killer treat him extra badly.

My guess is they can tie DW to the father's murder. His blood MAY be on DW's shoes, and they prob have more evidence connecting DW to the father's murder that we are not privy to.

The other victims...I don't know

You make an excellent point here- one I also have been contemplating. SS is the only victim (but horrific) that he is charged with thus far....
IMO all the additional details regarding PS may be a bit of BS- he was burned so badly- I am not an expert, though so MOO

Will be interesting to see if victims' blood/DNA are on any of the knives recovered in vehicles that were part of DW's arrest. Also, we have the leak re blood match from his shoes. Not definitive proof but goes a long way.

I don't know how anyone can dispute that, I mean come on. lol It's not he was a neighbor and ran over and made entry trying to save people and got blood on his shoe. OH wait watch that being said next. jmo idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member