DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current media focus on JW is astonishing. WP had a large feature story in the Metro section this morning detailing LE's efforts to tie him to this crime. People magazine has his face plastered front and center to a story casting questions about his involvement. If you google him name ....well, it's ugly. How much longer before he sports a set of handcuffs?

And if he is completely innocent, his life has been ruined. I find that unacceptable.

Why does money has to be raised for her funeral? The family she cared for and died with has millions in the estate.

Inheritors of the estate should atleast give her family 100k.

Unless they want her family to sue the estate .

Jmo

Well, NG started the fundraiser. I'm thinking she probably didn't want to approach the family out of respect. Also, I think VF technically was an employee of NG since she was employed through her housekeeping business and probably received her salary directly through her. VF contacted NG and told her she wanted to work at the S residence on the 13th. NG gave her approval.

You do not need to put on direct evidence of him holding the weapon -- circumstantial evidence is evidence. There is plenty of evidence.

You are totally correct. Many weapons are never found. Plenty of murderers get rid of the weapons they used. That doesn't stop the state from proving they were the one who committed the murders. There are so many other ways to prove guilt.

I think it is way too soon to expect LE to reveal the evidence they have against Wint. In fact in most cases the DA does not tell the public about any of the evidence they have. Many times we have to wait until trial time to know all of the evidence. DAs/LE do not try their cases in the media.

Imo,they will never offer Wint a plea deal. They believe he is one of the main perpetrators. They may also uncover he is the sole suspect in this case based on their ongoing investigation.

We don't even know if he left traces of himself on the bodies/clothing themselves. He certainly could have.

I see nothing where they would even be considering giving him a plea deal.

The blood of the victim supposedly on his shoe may be a spatter pattern which would show he was in close contact with the victim when their blood was being hurled through the air as he injured them or when he was in the acts of murdering all four victims.

I am confident that no plea will happen concerning Wint and his case will go to trial and the DA will ask for the harshest punishment allowed, rightly so.

IMO

DW has threatened to kill children before. he has also been arrested for domestic violence and his own father took out a restraining order on him because he threatened to kill the family. Sounds like he had a lot of seething rage and was a violent person. I do not see any criminal history for JW.

There is a first time for everything/criminals aren't always caught/murder might not have been the motive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make an excellent point here- one I also have been contemplating. SS is the only victim (but horrific) that he is charged with thus far....
IMO all the additional details regarding PS may be a bit of BS- he was burned so badly- I am not an expert, though so MOO

I don't think the details about PS were BS. It is said in the ME report that he died partially as result of the fire. That means he was doused in gasoline and set alight while he was still alive. WHO DOES THAT?

Re: Model year was 2004.
* As of 2011 it had 5400 miles. That's the last recorded odometer reading.

Wyle_E_Coyote is probably right on it being a trailer. A car report should contain MUCH more info if it was available.
Transport-trailer for go-kart, right? IIUC, owner could add odometer to trailer, but would a car-fax or Experian program have a field for recording/inputting that on trailer? IDK.

(Behind again, sorry if already covered)

Yeah, it does seem really personal. It's also possible that the person with that intense level of hatred for the young boy might have suggested that the killer treat him extra badly.

It's always been my opinion that someone wanted the S name wiped out ... meaning not passed on through a male heir ... they hated the name that much

What grounds would they have to sue?I can't imagine any scenario where they would win such a suit.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I keep seeing the words, shake down. I mean all the money she was sending there for the future retirement, or so I thought that's what she was doing,use some of that money for her funeral. And beside I am sure the money collected so far 19,000+? I am sure is plenty.

I sure as heck wouldn't, it's not their responsibility. why would the family sue the estate? jmo idk

Agree. They shouldn't have to sue nor fundraise for funeral. The house was insured. The insurance company will cut a check. A outsider died on your property.

So this means that morally their family should get something as well without having to fundraise.

Jmo.

There is a first time for everything/criminals aren't always caught/murder might not have been the motive?

True. But JW is not an idiot. I just cannot believe that he would ever think he could steal the Mosler and get away with any of that. He knows a lot about the car world and knows it could never be 'sold' without a lot of intrusive questions etc.

And why do a home invasion just to steal cars? Especially if you are the one guy in the world who already has access to those same cars? Why not have them stolen while the family is at their ranch in Colorado? Or set up a fake carjacking next time he is driving the Porsche?

I just do not see JW as being stupid enough to set up such a stupid, unworkable plan as the one DW carried out. JMO

sbm

Skigirl

TYVM for buying this VIN round; next time we treat. Red, white, or rose (vin) for you?

:toastred:

:) cute.

You make an excellent point here- one I also have been contemplating. SS is the only victim (but horrific) that he is charged with thus far....
IMO all the additional details regarding PS may be a bit of BS- he was burned so badly- I am not an expert, though so MOO

I'm thinking it could be PS blood on shoes. He might have lost a tremendous amount of blood due to mutilation.

News 4 Washington just said the property will no longer be considered a crime scene and will not be guarded by police. Windows are all boarded now and the fence is almost complete.

I don't think the details about PS were BS. It is said in the ME report that he died partially as result of the fire. That means he was doused in gasoline and set alight while he was still alive. WHO DOES THAT?
I am not going to debate the details but he died of thermal injuries and was charred beyond recognition.

I sure as heck wouldn't, it's not their responsibility. why would the family sue the estate? jmo idk

I actually probably would. But they are under no obligation to do so...and suing it ridiculous. The family is dead as well...this was not their doing!

Wish it were so, but I don't doubt what has been reported re PS being burned beyond recognition (and tortured) is true. Autopsy results.

I'm thinking perhaps, since VF was taken from the home and worked on at the hospital, she may have been the last one murdered. Perhaps, they found some hair, fibers, DNA on her or evidence on small piece of her clothing that does not match DW, but, in LE's opinion, is from another suspect

Agree. They shouldn't have to sue nor fundraise for funeral. The house was insured. The insurance company will cut a check. A outsider died on your property.

So this means that morally their family should get something as well without having to fundraise.

Jmo.

I have never heard of such a thing, a link to this as fact would be great, other wise I see it as misinformation. jmo idk

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/20/boy-10-tortured-before-dc-murders-fire/27652589/

A law enforcement source tell WUSA9's Bruce Leshan that detectives now believe the killers tortured the 10-year-old boy, Phillip Savopoulos, in the effort to get money out of his father.

A guy like this does that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/21/savopoulos-family_n_7401080.html

Wint was convicted of assaulting one girlfriend in Maryland in 2009, and pleaded guilty the next year to malicious destruction of property after he allegedly threatened to kill a woman and her infant daughter, breaking into her apartment, stealing a television and vandalizing her car.

"I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and friends," Wint told that woman. "The defendant advised he was good with a knife and could kill them easily and was not afraid of the police," a detective wrote.

I don't know how anyone can dispute that, I mean come on. lol It's not he was a neighbor and ran over and made entry trying to save people and got blood on his shoe. OH wait watch that being said next. jmo idk

If that wacky attorney gets his case the defense argument is going to be a doozy.:D It will outdo Garegos and his claim that a band of homeless/cult people killed Laci and Conner.

In all seriousness it will be interesting to see what that goofball comes up with.

Thank goodness jurors are told to use their commonsense.

Because this attorney doesn't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member