DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me, I can't imagine anyone thinking to steal the Mosler to drive it. It's not like a valuable painting that's stolen and kept in a super secret private gallery/vault for clandestine viewing. It's a car that's meant to be driven. Also, it's not like it could be disguised enough to be any one Mosler out of thousands of Moslers.

"In 26 years, Mosler sold fewer than 200 cars." - http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-final-days-of-mosler-one-supercar-left-to-move-company-for-sale/

I suppose it's possible that someone would want to buy it and park it in the living room to gaze at. :drumroll: No, I really don't.

:)

No way was stealing the Mosler part of the plan.

It would be interesting to know if a Mosler has ever been stolen before.

IMO there will be no deal of any sort for the guy that left his DNA at the scene and walked away with blood on his shoe.
No possible way he gets a deal of any kind. He beat three people to death after kidnapping them and tortured and burned a ten year old boy to death

I think it would depend on the circumstances of what happened as DW could have just been following a higher-ups orders or others could be equally culpable in this. As far as the evidence goes I've heard nothing as yet that specifically puts the murder weapon in his hands where he personally killed anyone, so I think they'll probably have evidence to show him guilty of Felony Murder, but I could see them giving him a deal because they have insufficient evidence to show that he personally did the killing and whoever else he names would be just as guilty of Felony Murder as him. DW confessing to this could bring closure to the family while roping up whoever else was involved and I think that would be a win.

For the life of me, I can't imagine anyone thinking to steal the Mosler to drive it. It's not like a valuable painting that's stolen and kept in a super secret private gallery/vault for clandestine viewing. It's a car that's meant to be driven. Also, it's not like it could be disguised enough to be any one Mosler out of thousands of Moslers.

"In 26 years, Mosler sold fewer than 200 cars." - http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-final-days-of-mosler-one-supercar-left-to-move-company-for-sale/

I suppose it's possible that someone would want to buy it and park it in the living room to gaze at. :drumroll: No, I really don't.

:)

No way was stealing the Mosler part of the plan.

Some people do park their car in the living room...
http://www.rushlane.com/porsche-tow...ng-with-them-to-their-apartments-1224629.html

I think it would depend on the circumstances of what happened as DW could have just been following a higher-ups orders or others could be equally culpable in this. As far as the evidence goes I've heard nothing as yet that specifically puts the murder weapon in his hands where he personally killed anyone, so I think they'll probably have evidence to show him guilty of Felony Murder, but I could see them giving him a deal because they have insufficient evidence to show that he personally did the killing and whoever else he names would be just as guilty of Felony Murder as him. DW confessing to this could bring closure to the family while roping up whoever else was involved and I think that would be a win.

BBM. Exactly right.

JMO

That boot print looks strange the more I look at it ... something about the"shape" of the print seems weird

Hmm, it actually looks overlapping as if it were kicked twice.

Just saw this same theory above.......can't keep up!

Will be interesting to see if victims' blood/DNA are on any of the knives recovered in vehicles that were part of DW's arrest. Also, we have the leak re blood match from his shoes. Not definitive proof but goes a long way.

Yeah, if it seems odd that banking documents would be stolen. I don't exactly see what DW's interest would be in stealing banking paperwork as opposed to just money from the bank.
The crime is odd. I speculate whoever is behind it has childish notions of CEO's forced to sign over mansions, business, cars, artwork and with the stroke of a pen great riches appear for the taking and one slips out the door to one's new life, no questions asked.
I think DW is highly stupid. He looks stupid--I mean emotional IQ and common sense. Sure, he has splinter skills, a creepy rashness that has come through in the past, maybe some enablers who get him off the hook each time.
DW's criminal history (that which we KNOW about) shows a pattern: he goes off his rocker and tries to kill, smash, rape; he grabs a machete and a can of beer and goes for it with no forethought and no sense of consequences. He bullies, threatens, meat cleavers his way through a maladjusted life. He's cunning enough to get away with his psycho act because the jails are overflowing. Anyhow, for him, the law is not the ultimate deterrent and he doesn't learn because he runs on basic hungers for revenge, or sex, or power and he has to have those met NOW. I can visualize DW smashing or bashing his way in to a mansion, terrorizing occupants, and then after grabbing some goodies, killing everyone and starting a conflagration for good measure, thinking once again he will get away with it or like Scarlett O'Hara "I'll think about that tomorrow."

He doesn't have an escape plan. He doesn't have a blue-print. He doesn't have long-term vision, foresight, or even hindsight.

Whoever mapped this fiasco thought he knew what was up and had prepared for it; thought himself a masterful criminal mind, may not have meant to do no harm, but is blinded by rampant and shallow ambition. He has seen too many movies featuring grand crimes and in the end, the rogue anti-hero walks calmly into the Caribbean with a briefcase full of wealth, wearing sunglasses. In the last scene, he is on his own island with a Bond-girl, a private race-track, a fleet of one of a kind race-cars, and master of his toy kingdom, he's drinking out of a tall glass garnished with a mango slice, topped in a little umbrella.

I can't know what the plan was and what "they" had in mind, but sense how little they must have known of how things like finance work...It has not taken long for LE to clamp on, so no one involved is good at this. All are amateur criminal enthusiasts. I only say everything is on the table as to their thinking, though whether cars, keys to swiss banks, offshore account access or simply more jewels, furs, and money, whatever the vision in full, it failed to manifest.

I do think a major plot point revolves around cars. Or that cars were where it all started and a few key players came together.

I am thoroughly convinced LE has this one. They are cool as cucumber while sweating accomplices out, and if there is only one principal, making sure he'll never again see daylight.

In my imagination, though, a guy with a gift of gab is thinking up new stories for his next interview. He knows it won't be as easy as he had thought. He starts well, but finishes poorly, always tripping himself up. Lots of flash, not much endurance.

Just my profile fabricated on no foundation but my own imagination. I acknowledge I am guessing. And hats off to the poster (sorry no citation) who first profiled JW as a man wanting, maybe feeling entitled to, other people's hard-earned "stuff," but wanting an easy way in.

Yeah, but it's BEEN a crime scene. Why the fence now?

I think because for three weeks there've been LE of various sorts there 24 hrs/day. Now, they're either scaling back or have done all they need to do in regard to gathering evidence. The fence would deter casual lookieloos, souvenir seekers (thieves). I assume *cough* that there will be extra secure security system in place? I can't imagine anyone wanting to or being able to live there :( but they would go to retrieve belongings and maybe clear the house?

P
We know SS was wealthy but he was also an accomplished business man and a savvy car/racing enthusiast. If the vehicle wasn't being driven or utilized, perhaps allowing the registration to lapse made economic sense especially if in Maryland as in many states one requires a registered vehicle to hold valid insurance. I cannot imagine what it costs to insure a Mosler. It actually surprises me that just as people who own horses whether to ride or race, don't board them at their home (aside from the obvious needs of horses-don't yell at me it's only my attempt at an analogy), why there wasn't designated garage space somewhere off site for the Mosler vehicle.

I simply can't imagine anyone easily selling a "hot" Mosler seems it would be a very niche market even for parts.
Also, JW likely retained the expired registration as others here have opined, as a souvenir. Many of us hold receipts, tickets to concerts, Broadway shows, graduations etc. as mementoes.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-final-days-of-mosler-one-supercar-left-to-move-company-for-sale/

In 26 years, Mosler sold fewer than 200 cars and now is down to two employees and one remaining car at his southern Florida headquarters. He hasn’t sold a car for the past two years.]

And SS owned one of the rarest. Only about 20 Mosler MT900S were made.

The first one produced was bought by George Lucas (Star Wars etc..)

Anyone who could afford such a collectible car is going to ask all kinds of questions and will learn that it was stolen from the murdered previous owner.

JMO I think LE is trying to lure WJ to make a call? A call to who ever else was in the house with DW, this perp isn't in database. The recent leaks of more evidence and the media focusing on him... must have him freaking out, just waiting for the knock on the door.

P

And SS owned one of the rarest. Only about 20 Mosler MT900S were made.

The first one produced was bought by George Lucas (Star Wars etc..)

Anyone who could afford such a collectible car is going to ask all kinds of questions and will learn that it was stolen from the murdered previous owner.

We have all tried to find reasons why/how WJ is not involved. But...this is just to much
of a coincidence (WJ having Mosler registrations) and theres already been to many of those!

100% off the fence

The crime is odd. I speculate whoever is behind it has childish notions of CEO's forced to sign over mansions, business, cars, artwork and with the stroke of a pen great riches appear for the taking and one slips out the door to one's new life, no questions asked.
I think DW is highly stupid. He looks stupid--I mean emotional IQ and common sense. Sure, he has splinter skills, a creepy rashness that has come through in the past, maybe some enablers who get him off the hook each time.
DW's criminal history (that which we KNOW about) shows a pattern: he goes off his rocker and tries to kill, smash, rape; he grabs a machete and a can of beer and goes for it with no forethought and no sense of consequences. He bullies, threatens, mea cleavers his way through his own maladjustment. He's cunning enough to get away with his psycho act because the jails are overflowing. Anyhow, he's not easily deterred and doesn't learn because he runs on basic needs he has to have NOW, rage, power-mad ego, impulse. I can visualize DW smashing or bashing his way in to a mansion, terrorizing occupants, and then after grabbing some goodies, killing everyone and starting a conflagration for good measure, thinking once again he will get away with it or like Scarlett O'Hara "I'll think about that tomorrow."

He doesn't have an escape plan. He doesn't have a blue-print. He doesn't have long-term vision, foresight, or even hindsight.

Whoever mapped this thought he/she knew what was up and had prepared for it, thought he/she was a masterful criminal mind, may not have meant to do any harm, but this person is blinded by rampant and shallow ambition and has seen too many movies featuring grand crimes and a person walking calmly into the Caribbean with a briefcase full of wealth, wearing sunglasses. In the last scene he is on his own island with a Bond-girl, a private race-track, a fleet of race-cars all colors of the rainbow, and is drinking out of a tall glass garnished with a mango slice and topped in a little umbrella.

I can't know what the plan was and what "they" had in mind, how little they must have known of how these things work...It has not taken long for LE to clamp on so no one involved is good at this. All are non-professionals, amateur criminal enthusiasts. I only say everything is on the table as to their thinking, though whether cars, keys to swiss banks, offshore account access or more loot and money, the vision in whole did not manifest.

I do think a major plot point revolves around cars. Or that cars was a launch-pad, where the story opens.

I am thoroughly convinced LE has this one. they are cool as cucumber and accomplices are sweating.

One is thinking up new stories for his next interview. He knows it won't be as easy as he had thought. He starts well but finishes poorly, always tripping himself up. Lots of flash, not much endurance.

Just my profile fabricated on no foundation but my own imagination. In other words, I acknowledge I am guessing.

Great post! When all is said and done, your scenario could be right on the money!

If someone burned my brother to death after poking him with knives for 18 hours there is no closure. The man who poured gas on him and lit the match better get the max.

I don't think it matters if he 'personally' did the killings or not. Just by being there and eating pizza he is eligible for being found guilty of Capital Murder. If one takes part in a crime that ends in murder by any of the perps, they ALL go down for the murder.

If someone burned my brother to death after poking him with knives for 18 hours there is no closure. The man who poured gas on him and lit the match better get the max.

But what I'm saying is that as of yet I've heard no evidence made public that would prove that it specifically was DW who killed rather than him being part of it. Knowing that all those things happened is all the more reason to round up everyone tied to this before and after the fact. For instance it could have been DW's other relative who also used to work for SS that masterminded this, just he ate all his pizza crusts and wears more than one pair of shoes.

I don't think it matters if he 'personally' did the killings or not. Just by being there and eating pizza he is eligible for being found guilty of Capital Murder. If one takes part in a crime that ends in murder by any of the perps, they ALL go down for the murder.

That was exactly my point as to why you'd want to cut a deal to punish them all.

But what I'm saying is that as of yet I've heard no evidence made public that would prove that it specifically was DW who killed rather than him being part of it. Knowing that all those things happened is all the more reason to round up everyone tied to this before and after the fact. For instance it could have been DW's other relative who also used to work for SS that masterminded this, just he ate all his pizza crusts and wears more than one pair of shoes.

I can agree with you on that, they should round them all up and put them in the same cell. Then we might find out who did what. Oops wrong country...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018