DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been stepping away a couple pages and just thinking about this crime. Then catching up again and think LE has allot to consider. I can imagine some lab geeks burning the midnight oil, seems to be much to go through.

I'm thinking it's going to be an ongoing investigation, if and when they're able to connect the dots they would make another arrest.

They got wint, he's toast. They should even tax him on the 40k, then he might have something to loosen his jaw a little.

Wondering about those 4 or 5 detained people the night he was arrested. I suppose I'll just have to wonder.

I think they're still working overtime on this one at different levels and will be for awhile.

#rambling

It implies he was involved. He was lying because he knew he needed to explain how he knew it was $40,000 in cash. He wanted cops to believe he dutifully delivered the "package" to his boss and wanted them to believe if any of it was missing, well that's not his fault. The fool blew it when he took the photo and also stated the exact amount "40" in the text message.
JMO

I finally get it. He claimed to have witnessed the withdrawal close up to explain knowing the count was 40k as per his text to GF when the figure not mentioned in SS text to him and no one affiliated with this transaction had mentioned the amount. I have always thought he lied because he was involved, but wasn't clear on why he might lie about this particular detail. JMO

Oh I think it might be true. SS might have had the cash to be used for something having to do with the opening, thats why it was available. And thats why no one was concerned when he asked for it to be dropped off at his house.

Then why all the calls back and forth and scrambling on Thursday morning? I don't believe the money deliver was already planned. JMO

Let me be more explicit while trying to stay within the rules. JW probably believed that the money wasn't kosher. he was protecting his employer. Whether or not that was true is irrelevant, its what JW believed.

I think there's a reason they are going through the finances. As I said, money moved around. Cash was withdrawn for the dojo opening and no one raised an eyebrow. This may have been perfectly legitimate but LE wants to know who would have known about the availability of cash. It may have been that DW got lucky and walked in on a situation where money was available. Or maybe someone associated with the crime knew.

I wish you wouldn't keep asserting that SS moved cash around on a regular basis. Unless you know this as fact, it's a big assumption. Moving money around accounts is different than having huge chunks of cash delivered to your home. The behavior of the AIW employee and the excitement of JW make me think that couriering thousands of dollars at a time was NOT a regular occurrence. I read on WS that BOA has a $10,000/day/account limit, which would explain the $40,000. Obviously, the AIW employee would have to be a signatory on the account to withdraw the money.

I think it's possible that SS had never done anything to make his employees doubt his integrity, so if he asks for $40,000, he must have a good reason. The AIW accountant would be putting his reputation/job/freedom on the line if he believed SS might be doing something irregular, and went along with it. For that reason, I think SS must have said something like "I'll explain later. Trust me on this" and the employee had no reason not to trust him. JMO and now you can tell me to stop assuming SS was NOT moving money around all the time. :)

Why would JW care about protecting a man he knew to be dead when a quadruple murder investigation was at stake? I would think that covering for some kind of criminal activity would be pretty low on his list of priorities right then.

Unless it was HIS (JW's) criminal activity...

LE is going to dig a big hole looking at SS's financial and business dealings, contacts, just to see if it takes them anywhere.

Because he didn't know he was dead. SS was not identified until the next day. The talk at the scene was that the man who was dead was an employee. SS was wearing casual clothes and perhaps was not recognizable. Even if LE thought it was him, they weren't releasing that information.

So JW thought maybe his boss had killed his family, set his house on fire and was on the lam with the $40,000? And he thought it was a good idea to cover for him?

Perhaps that is why the husband went to the house. But, remember it was the boss of his wife. Looks like his gut feeling was something was wrong. In his defense, who would have imagined the crimes being committed behind the door. Maybe Websleuths members. I do not fault him. What if? Many of us have felt like this even after a loved one suddenly passes away because of indigestion...aka heart attack.

There is also the trust factor the husband had for the family. I believe she worked for the family for years.

But remember, he never heard from his wife or anyone else about his wife's whereabouts. NG never called Mrs. F's husband to tell him Mrs. F was spending the night. Not even when she heard SS' message on Thursday morning. He must have been frantic.

It seems many are just skipping right over this, from CNN

A separate law enforcement official says investigators have been perplexed as to why the assistant changed his story multiple times, but at this point investigators don't believe he was complicit in the crime. The official cautioned, however, that a conclusion about that has not been reached.

Because CNN has put out so much misinformation, that nobody pays attention to anything they say...

I finally get it. He claimed to have witnessed the withdrawal close up to explain knowing the count was 40k as per his text to GF when the figure not mentioned in SS text to him and no one affiliated with this transaction had mentioned the amount. I have always thought he lied because he was involved, but wasn't clear on why he might lie about this particular detail. JMO

Wouldn't he know INSTANTLY by taking a quick look, how much cash was there? It was banded together in piles of 10k each. I don't get why he would have to say he witnessed the withdrawal to know how much was there.

That doesn't matter in this case. The killer probably would not let you speak to anyone else besides the people you need to speak to.

But maybe SS hid her true identity from dw just so he can get a last moment of hearing his sisters voice.

That was probably the last greatest conversation he had.

So sad.

Or SS needed to clear the withdrawal with another "board member". If I was the CFO, I'd want someone else to tell me it was okay to withdraw $40,000 on a moment's notice - even if I trusted my boss completely.

Because CNN has put out so much misinformation, that nobody pays attention to anything they say...

So CNN just made it up when they said an 'official' said that?

The cash he made off with. Prisoners don't care if you got caught 10 seconds after a robbery. They are only infatuated about how much cash you received during the robbery.

Btw. These guys are locked up and would love to have a big gentle giant that doesn't give a F on their side.

Jmo.

You and Ficker are the only people I've heard call DW gentle.

By now, the detectives have had the chance to check out EXACTLY where JW was that day. I know some here have accused him of leaving his green BMW at the crime scene at 11am, and taking off in the Porsche, and setting off on a fake alibi run. I think if any of that were true, LE would know that already. Lowes has plenty of cameras. And if he had no valid reason to be there for an errand for the DOJO, LE would know that already too. They've also had time to figure out why he had the old registration and his passport in his backpack. And if there was any truth to the allegations seen here, that his BMW was a stolen car, or had stolen parts, or he stole his electronics, or he was a part of a stolen car ring, they'd know that already too. Or if he had any history of consorting with/hanging with/communicating with the Wint brothers, they'd know by now. JMO

Wouldn't he know INSTANTLY by taking a quick look, how much cash was there? It was banded together in piles of 10k each. I don't get why he would have to say he witnessed the withdrawal to know how much was there.

katydid123,
Yes, seems he could have known instantly.
Just to add color & an image to discussion, this from good old wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_strap

"In the United States, the American Bankers Association or ABA has a standard for both value and color, as shown below. Note that all bills greater than $1.00 only come in straps of 100 count. The colors allow for quick accounting, even when the bills are stacked, such as in a vault."

Table at link shows strap colors, bill denom, bill count & total value.

BBM

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I have to skim over posts to keep up, so I may have missed it.

Any idea about this BBM? Has it been said if it was an AIW exec? I always thought it was odd the way it's worded and leads me to believe it's NOT AIW.

Wonder if the construction company executive was SS' sister. She is listed as the controller at AIW. http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Debra-Masser/-2051405288

Right. He not only knew the package contained money, he knew the exact amount. That is huge.

JMO

JMO Before interviewing JW, investigators had spoken with the accountant who had withdrawn the money. He told them JW did not witness the transaction, know the withdrawal amount, see the receipt, look in the envelope. He told them details that contradicted JW's and they drilled down based on those, so then JW revised accordingly. Investigators had his phone and were checking his msgs. as they interviewed him, so he knew they'd discover he had texted GF the withdrawal amt. His lie that he'd witnessed withdrawal was to cover for knowing the amount when the text from SS referred to package, but not amount.
As to instantly knowing from taking a peek--which is more harmless than knowing from being in on it--IDK Are the bundles labeled? I never withdrew 40 thou. and never worked in a bank.

So CNN just made it up when they said an 'official' said that?

I honestly don't know. I wonder who CNN considers "official". And what reason would the "official" have to release that information if LE wasn't ready to make a public statement? I'm always suspicious of unnamed sources. People aren't held accountable if their names aren't attached to the information they're disseminating. Plus, I always have a problem trusting someone who would leak information that they know their company/department/boss doesn't want released. Seems unethical and self-aggrandizing to me.

JMO Before interviewing JW, investigators had spoken with the accountant who had withdrawn the money. He told them JW did not witness the transaction, know the withdrawal amount, see the receipt, look in the envelope. He told them details that contradicted JW's and they drilled down based on those, so then JW revised accordingly. Investigators had his phone and were checking his msgs. as they interviewed him, so he knew they'd discover he had texted GF the withdrawal amt. His lie that he'd witnessed withdrawal was to cover for knowing the amount when the text from SS referred to package, but not amount.
As to instantly knowing from taking a peek--which is more harmless than knowing from being in on it--IDK Are the bundles labeled? I never withdrew 40 thou. and never worked in a bank.

You'd think he'd know when taking the picture of it in its bank wrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thewelshrock1972