MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me like she was left there in a panic maybe. If the water had been up to the rocks when she was brought there, perhaps the person thought that the receding tide would take her out to sea. Whoever it was might have wanted to dispose of her in the sea but didn't want to get wet. This all depends on what time high tide was though.

Only reason I could think is, what they have released so far is generic enough that they would have tons of people come forward with leads that they could "quietly" check them out and check them off the list. A definitive descriptor would probably scare the person who committed the crime away by making them think LE is onto them, or revealing them as the person who committed the crime to people who would know of such markings or special shirts or whatever. This way the police are getting tips but not showing their hand. I mean, aside from putting this baby to rest of course, the ultimate goal is to see that justice is done, right?

Purely based on nothing scientific. Just a guess and MOO.

They provided images of her leggings and blanket. Why withhold pictures of her shirt, socks, shoes, panties and earrings??

They provided images of her leggings and blanket. Why withhold pictures of her shirt, socks, shoes, panties and earrings??

MOO is that there were no socks, shoes, panties nor earrings to show. There would be no reason to withhold this information as they could possibly assist with the identification.

Chiming in with my opinion. It was not an accidental death. Her death is probably due to ingesting some drugs which will show up in the detailed toxicology report which could take months to complete. Somebody who knows that part of Boston and that island in particular placed her there. She did not wash up with the tide but perhaps was in the water for a very short period of time. She was not left there much before when she was found. She was placed there by a female. She may have been visiting relatives in the area for the summer and her regular family has not checked in on her well being as yet. She probably died on the night of the 22nd or 23rd but was not placed there until the early morning hours of the 25th of June.

It would not surprise me that whoever placed her there has been back to visit the spot several times and that may be the key to LE finally breaking this wide open.

Summary:

Relative involved, female, perp is local even though child may not be local, died on 22nd or 23rd of June, perp may return to the scene several times, death is drug related.

I believe that Baby Doe will be identified within a week as parents start to check in on their youngsters who have been 'sent off' to visit with relatives for the summer months.

This to me is the only theory that makes sense at this point. But I have been wrong on theories many times.

I don't think she was actually wearing earrings. I think the artist took note of piercings after the rushed image was already released to the public. Otherwise, I'm thinking the artist would not have left out the earrings and/or they would have said "she was wearing earrings" rather than "her ears are pierced"

You're probably right. They would have most likely mentioned earrings early on had she been wearing them when she was found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the maps and pinpointing where she was located. I also feel she is from a local household, and posted a map in the last thread about MOO of where the girl probably came from. The location she was found appears to be a park-ish lookout point, so I think there is sentiment attached to this location.

I don't think a case like this is common so there aren't a lot of situations to compare it too, but I think knowing what might be behind the psychological thought process of someone who bags a dead child with her blankie would be useful. Deep in my heart, I feel like this was a "burial at sea" and whomever placed her there expected her to be washed out and to sink. They say she wasn't in the water very long (at most a few days?), so were there flowers or any other out of place items nearby, or out in the water? Further, until COD is determined, my gut instinct says it was some sort of accidental death that the person feels they will be in trouble for, and someone is grieving deeply right now, alone and in silence.

Earlier someone mentioned a prostitute, and I very much feel this child is a daughter of one such young woman.

I've read through all the posts and many of you have touched on questions I have as well. I have questions about her clothes. They were quick to provide images of her clothing, and there is no shirt. That is concerning, unless she often went without one. I know some little girls still quite young do. Did she have panties? If not, coupled with the missing shirt, I question other motives. I hope they checked for signs of sexual abuse, although some how I don't think that is actually a factor in this case.

If your child died accidentally, and you feared being deported - possibly with your other children, to a place where you knew you would be in danger... Maybe taking care of the living is more important than respecting the dead.

Perhaps the body was left where it would be found soon, and the person who put it there chose that place because they could be less likely SEEN when placing it there. Maybe a remorseful caretaker who cannot risk being investigated, even if the COD was accidental. What about seizure? Does anyone know about death by seizure? Would the autopsy include dissection of the brain? JMO

I think the panties are not mentioned or shown because they would not help a stranger, neighbor, etc. identify the body, and the parents/caregivers wouldn't need panties to identify their child. It's unnecessary to show intimate items.

I'm not sure about why no mention of the shirt. Possibilities are: there was no shirt, the shirt is generic and not distinct enough for people to link to a particular child, the shirt is soiled and disturbing to see, the shirt is very specific and LE is withholding for a reason.

I don't think the girl had earrings on. Sometimes even little girls of modest means are given expensive jewelry to wear. It could be they were removed because they had value or sentimental value. I think it's within reason to keep jewelry when "burying" a loved one - I have jewelry from relatives who passed. And it's reasonable to take valuables if this was a crime rather than burial of a loved one.

Hard to say.

JMO.

I just hope that they have exhausted all possibilities with a thorough forensic autopsy so that we don't have to be further sickened by investigators exhuming her at a later date. UGH. JMO

I think it was either a murder/ suicide or perhaps this child witnessed something she shouldn't have.....maybe the murder of her mother ....
I think it's also possible,with a boat dock 0.8 miles away,that she came in on a boat and was left there.

Should we be looking at missing women as well? It's possible if she was on her own though,that the mother was never reported as missing.

So sad she hasn't been identified yet. I've been following silently and something about the girl made me wonder if she was Native American. Very interesting to know the area she was found in was a Native American memorial site. Surely these are things LE has picked up on?! In the map of the island posted above it shows a parking lot labeled with a P. If you head down the path there is another memorial site before the Native American one - but she was not left there. Significant or purely coincidence???

I have no speculation as to how she died, but I agree with the poster who said she was probably dropped in the dark of night at high tide and was expected to wash out to sea. We can see by the seaweed line that the water in the days she was found would have been up around those rocks at high tide. Instead of pulling her out, the tide kept her up on shore. IF the bag was dumped elsewhere, I'm inclined to think it would be tattered, possibly come open, etc.

MOO is that there were no socks, shoes, panties nor earrings to show. There would be no reason to withhold this information as they could possibly assist with the identification.

I can not think of a time my toddler wore leggings without panties and a shirt. So... what does this tell us about her demise? Was she undressed? Did the person who killed her start to dress her and then give up after putting her into leggings and wrap her in the blanket instead? Could she have drowned in a bath? WHY would she be unclothed completely when she died?

I can not think of a time my toddler wore leggings without panties and a shirt. So... what does this tell us about her demise? Was she undressed? Did the person who killed her start to dress her and then give up after putting her into leggings and wrap her in the blanket instead? Could she have drowned in a bath? WHY would she be unclothed completely when she died?

How would panties help identify the girl? Would you see panties and say, "Oh, my neighbor girl wears that brand!" Probably not, right?

I don't think we can assume she wasn't wearing underwear just because we don't see a picture. It could be, but we don't know that.

JMO.

Many employers test prospective employees for drugs. This only requires a small amount of urine and can be done in a day or two. Why couldn't the ME extract some urine from her bladder for such a test?

Jonbenet Ramsey had on a pair of panties with the wrong day of the week and many sizes too big. That was a BIG red flag. If this girl had on "Tuesday" panties and was found on a Thursday, one might assume she died on Tuesday. Some little girls will only wear "silky" panties, while others want Disney designs. Some at that age are still in the thicker training panties. So it matters. I'd have expected them to have at least MENTIONED that she had on panties, leggings, a green tank top, and green socks if that was the case. And considering the predominantly white leggings, a pair of panties in a dark color or a high-contrast print would suggest to ME that a man dressed her, as women are more aware of the possibility of colored panties showing through white pants.
I am not some creeper who wants to see a little girl's panties, but knowing IF there were some, and even the TYPE could be useful, without photos. Same for the shirt. it could be stained and unable to be shown, but it could certainly be described.

ETA: I do not have any reason to think she had on green socks and green top, I offered this as an example. Shoes would also be a "thing" and if she was found in a bag, even items she had on that fell off would be inside the bag with her.

Good questions... Tafts Ave appears to be the nearest road, the rest look like trails. Someone would have had to carry the body down to the beach. Someone definitely who was familiar with the area, especially if the body was placed there at night... now I can understand why LE feels so certain it is a local/someone that knows the island:

View attachment 78222

So the car would have parked on Taft street by those buildings. Walked across the first trail through the trees crossed the second trail then to the shore. Waded to about waist deep thinking she'd float off. Drives away. As the sun rises the tide goes back out and baby doe settles on the shore. You can clearly see a silt line left from the water the night before. I think she was definitely placed IN the water.

So back to Taft street. Would there be any cameras in all those big buildings? That's where the car most likely would have parked. But surely police thought of this, so there must not be cameras there.

If your child died accidentally, and you feared being deported - possibly with your other children, to a place where you knew you would be in danger... Maybe taking care of the living is more important than respecting the dead.

I think this could be the case. It's one if the few explanations of why no one is reporting her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01