Found Deceased NC - Alexandra King, 22, & Tatianna Diz, 20, Asheville, 27 Oct 2015 *Arrest*

It almost sounds like he intended to rob the girls of their car it perhaps abandoned the plan to take the car once he shot them what with how damaged and bloody it sounds like it was. Perhaps UJ was the next choice for where to get a vehicle? But I still think that's a stretch as far as motive - I don't understand why he got so violent seemingly all of a sudden and killed all three. Maybe the theory about them knowing something about him comes in there? Perhaps UJ told the girls something about him and they tried to use that info as leverage and that caused him to go after UJ too?

All speculation...

True. I wonder if he dumped the car after the girls. Do you think they were still in the car when he pushed it over? If he simply acted out of anger and this wasn't pre-planned why do you think he ended up at Uhon's?

I also totally get not releasing more info. Even if I want to know its best they keep everything as legit as possible.

It sounds to me like they were probably not in the car as it doesn't sound like it was very far into the water such that they would have ended up out of it.

True. I wonder if he dumped the car after the girls. Do you think they were still in the car when he pushed it over? If he simply acted out of anger and this wasn't pre-planned why do you think he ended up at Uhon's?

I also totally get not releasing more info. Even if I want to know its best they keep everything as legit as possible.

bbm

To get a car is my guess. Totally freaked out about what he'd done, nothing matters anymore (so shoots Uhon too), just run run run ...

seems hard to believe killing 3 people then driving 30 some miles on deflated rear tires. meth maybe? or psychotic break with command auditory hallucinations to kill? just guessing, very strange but he has a vacant look in his eyes I feel almost like a baby looking around surroundings.

So I have been looking at this completely wrong. Because the girls were found last but killed first. I have always thought that Uhon was a planned target and the girls were unfortunate causalities. But it looks like the girls had something PG wanted so bad he killed for it. And UJ was the unfortunate causality. I'm going to need process that for a bit.

But it looks like the girls had something PG wanted so bad he killed for it. And UJ was the unfortunate causality. I'm going to need process that for a bit.
Me, too. Maybe I'm naive, maybe I'm crazy, but I think I'll have to hear a confession to be convinced. I just don't get it.

As always, thank you for your excellent and detailed analysis TravelingBug! I always enjoy your posts.

What still confuses me, why does the roommate not know the exact time they left? I mean, she's the roommate, she should know best. Or is it, as often is the case, just bad reporting, rounding up times and numbers etc?

I'm guessing the roommate wasn't actually home when they left and was basing the time around the time they had said they were leaving to drop Pierre, and then something changed when they actually did leave.

And I'm guessing that they were carving pumpkins elsewhere or at the least, the roommate was on the way home from elsewhere and they were all meeting up to carve pumpkins (maybe roommate coming from work or getting things)

I'll add the reason I'm thinking that in a subsequent post :)

I suspect they texted or spoke to the roommate and said that they were giving Pierre (probably described as "the guy across the way" or something) a ride nearby at 9:30 and then would meet for the pumpkin festivities.

So the roommate could have been basing 9:30 on what he/she was told, but not knowing what time they truly left if they weren't there, just trusting it was when they said.

And if the roommate thought they were just doing a quick drop him nearby (and didn't know a drug deal was also involved) they should have easily made it to the pumpkin location - wherever that was - since in the roommate's mind, they were doing something that shouldn't have added but 5 minutes onto the time it took the girls to get wherever they were headed to do pumpkins.

Part of why I'm inclined to think the pumpkin thing wasn't at Alex and Tati's (despite the roommate also being part of it) is that it kind of makes it odd they'd have run out just to take a guy that it seems they didn't know all that well as he'd just moved in nearby a few months earlier, somewhere barely a mile away (that he somehow also got himself to/from hours earlier).

If the girls were headed out elsewhere for the carving, it seems much more plausible to me that the roommate would have thought less of the girls dropping someone somewhere if they were already going out anyway.

Plus the roommate's first thought was with the non-response to the text after not showing was more likely, ok, strange, the girls didn't get here, what the heck? They were just dropping someone one real quickly and coming here?

It probably would have made the roommate's first concern something happening to them on the drive, rather than involving the person they were hardly supposed to have been with. If the roommate's immediate thought was something happening with the person they were transporting, I think that - and his name - would have made the entire thing more urgent from the start, especially since his name was also already out due to the Uhon piece of it.

To me that also fits with the earliest stuff on SM where they were concerned about the girls never arriving and not responding, but with Pierre getting added in almost an after thought in comments of a possible connection, and some weren't even sure that was actually even his name (pointing again, to me, to him not being someone overly familiar to the circle)

So I have been looking at this completely wrong. Because the girls were found last but killed first. I have always thought that Uhon was a planned target and the girls were unfortunate causalities. But it looks like the girls had something PG wanted so bad he killed for it. And UJ was the unfortunate causality. I'm going to need process that for a bit.

I agree with Elainera that this this all somehow tied to getting a vehicle for some reason - to get away, to sell for drugs, to pay someone back, something.

And I think he expected to be able to do it with no resistance, possibly picked people he thought he could get to not resist, and he didn't expect resistance and so panicked.

I can see how it could have been what you said - the bolded above (though I can also see where Uhon was a total afterthought in panic after killing the girls)

I could see him intending to steal the car (and perhaps drugs) from the girls if he were in a frenzied/ampped up state.

With that possibly simply for money for drugs or something, but also possibly somehow related to wanting to get to Uhon's for whatever reason - revenge, to get his car, something. Perhaps even intending to leave Alex's car near Uhon's trying to implicate them somehow. [I can also see this component totally being eliminated and Uhon truly not coming into play until after]

The girls resist, so he "has" to kill them.

He also knows if he didn't kill them, he knew he'd have to be far, far away and not return or else they would be able to ID him and the whole thing would be up anyway.

So then instead of taking their car and either getting out of dodge or going to Uhon's for something pre-planned, then Pierre's really in a state, plus is desperate for a car.

Now he has two dead girls, knows at least some communication will tie them to him, and he still hasn't gotten the vehicle, he's already frenzied, so now he's basically unhinged.

He runs in his frenetic state to Uhon's, again tries to get a car, again gets resistance, and he kills Uhon, since now he really, really needs to get away!

Whether he was intending to target Uhon from the get go - or to simply go there and go after Uhon's car from the get go - I don't think Uhon was a fluke as he surely had someone he knew who lived closer to the river, unless perhaps none of those people had a car.

Most of me thinks he had Uhon on his radar all along, but a piece of me could see it being his flat out panic after killing the girls and that just being the first person/place he thought of where he might be able to get a car (presumably with no resistance)

bbm

To get a car is my guess. Totally freaked out about what he'd done, nothing matters anymore (so shoots Uhon too), just run run run ...

That's my guess as being at the crux of it also.

Part of me wonders if he also thought the whole thing with Uhon was going to keep LE so preoccupied with chasing him down, getting him (and probably intending suicide by cop) that he thought they wouldn't make the connection to the girls earlier because every cop in town was pretty much going to be on Uhon's murder and the pursuit.

And possibly even thinking he'd be able to implicate someone else in the death of the girls (the supposed other person, Uhon, I'm not sure who that would be)

I'm sure if he was good friends with UJ he assumed UJ would just give him the keys. But I don't think PGs thought process was very intricate about anything. For what ever reason he killed AK and TD, for what ever reason he took the time to put them and the car in the river, he probably is running on adrenaline. My guess is UJ was the closest first person he thought of and did not think he would hesitate giving him the keys. UJ was 1.6 miles away. His GF was almost 5 miles. According to the timeline he had zero time to think and only time to act. JMO.

So I would gather that at Deaverview he pulled the guns and made AK either move over forcing TD in the back or forcing AK in the back of the car. He drives them to the river and kills them.

This scenario makes me think this now. The drug deal was PG's means to get the girls alone and perhaps this is a hate crime. By all accounts AK and TD were madly in love and seem very affectionate in public. That isn't widely accepted even in Asheville. I wonder if he had developed a creeper crush for one of them and seeing them together while staying with GF got under his skin so much he snapped. Again this is probably way more thought then PG actually gave that night but I wonder? JMO

Disregard my above post. After reading through some SM comments, a family member closely tied told WLOS they were reporting inaccuracies. Her post was either deleted by herself or WLOS but not before screen shots captured it.

I found it interesting that they were picking Pierre UP at Deaverview, not supposedly taking him there like it seemed all along.

That makes more sense, plus also means it takes out the wondering why he could have gotten himself home to the GF's earlier from Deaverview, yet couldn't get back. And of course also makes more sense he didn't go back and forth in a very short time window in lieu of just staying there.

Going "directly" to the river from Deaverview obviously limits stopping and getting anyone unless, which means unless they'd picked up someone with Pierre, then it seems that allows LE to be sure no one else was involved.

In a news release, police put together a timeline of events on Oct. 27, the day they believe Johnson, Diz and King were killed.

*On Oct. 27, King and Diz left their apartment around 9:15 p.m. at Canterbury Heights and traveled in King’s vehicle to Deaverview Apartments to pick up Griffin.
*The three then traveled directly to a secluded area near the River Arts District where Griffin shot and killed King and Diz.
*The evidence shows that Griffin then made his way to Pisgah View Apartments where he entered apartment 28E and shot and killed Johnson.
*Griffin fled the complex in Johnson’s Ford Expedition. He was seen by a Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office deputy at 11:08 p.m.
*A vehicle pursuit ensued and culminated in Griffin’s capture in Polk County after he was shot by Henderson County Sheriff’s Deputies.

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...-Diz-Alexandra-King-229559.shtml#.VkHN5l6tMZw

Hard to know what from that that article is accurate if my thought about it meaning the 'stolen car' bit meant him commandeering the vehicle from Alex interpretation isn't right, but here's what else I was struck by:

Police say Griffin used two guns to steal King's car.

That to me says he went into the night prepared for violence.

It may have been he thought showing force would get them to comply and not resist, but TWO guns sure makes me more inclined to think he may have been planning to shoot them all along to get the car, and that someone in the process that went awry with the car then being undriveable.

Asheville Police told News 13 they have no reason to believe there are any other suspects in these crimes.

<snip>

At 10:30 p.m. in Pisgah View Apartments, police say Griffin shot and killed Uhon Johnson. Police haven't said how Griffin got there. Pisgah View is about 2 miles from where King and Diz's bodies were found.

I wonder if the below leaves any room for Pierre having gotten a ride from near the river to Uhon's, but not by someone who had any knowledge of the violence that happened or was about to? :thinking:

Perhaps he hitched a ride?

If it's that he simply ran/walked there, it seems like a strange thing to play coy about saying, no?

So I would gather that at Deaverview he pulled the guns and made AK either move over forcing TD in the back or forcing AK in the back of the car. He drives them to the river and kills them.

This scenario makes me think this now. The drug deal was PG's means to get the girls alone and perhaps this is a hate crime. By all accounts AK and TD were madly in love and seem very affectionate in public. That isn't widely accepted even in Asheville. I wonder if he had developed a creeper crush for one of them and seeing them together while staying with GF got under his skin so much he snapped. Again this is probably way more thought then PG actually gave that night but I wonder? JMO

Sorry I replied to your one post only having read the next one about the family saying there were inaccuracies and not this final one when I said basically the bolded as well.

Apparently that's what that bit meant (from a different MSM source):

Warrant documents state that Griffin stole King's vehicle by means of assault, threatening and endangering the lives of the women. He was in possession of a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson revolver.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...arged-bodies-river-asheville-couple/75459070/

A different article said something about concealment of a body or remains after an unnatural death not 'destroying' - not sure which is correct or if it could be either and both media sources interpreted it differently?

Police told local media outlets that Pierre Lamont Griffin II faces charges including first-degree murder, destroying a body or remains following an unnatural death, and robbery with a dangerous weapon.

http://wncn.com/2015/11/09/man-charged-with-murder-after-2-missing-nc-women-found-dead-in-river/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjflow
Back