Found Deceased NC - Alexandra King, 22, & Tatianna Diz, 20, Asheville, 27 Oct 2015 *Arrest*

The one thing I'm curious about now is why this all took place - with the girls - outside of the apartment area?

With Pierre basically right out their door, if there was going to be a drug deal, why not do it there instead of elsewhere?

Was there supposed to be someone else involved? Or did the girls think that at least, thus them doing it somewhere else?

Did he not have the drugs at his place and got them from where he spent the day at family's at Deaverview where they later picked him up?

Or do I not know enough about drugs/drug deals and simply am unaware that would be a normal thing to do, even if you had the opportunity at home with no one around?

I agree with Elainera that this this all somehow tied to getting a vehicle for some reason - to get away, to sell for drugs, to pay someone back, something.

And I think he expected to be able to do it with no resistance, possibly picked people he thought he could get to not resist, and he didn't expect resistance and so panicked.

I can see how it could have been what you said - the bolded above (though I can also see where Uhon was a total afterthought in panic after killing the girls)

I could see him intending to steal the car (and perhaps drugs) from the girls if he were in a frenzied/ampped up state.

With that possibly simply for money for drugs or something, but also possibly somehow related to wanting to get to Uhon's for whatever reason - revenge, to get his car, something. Perhaps even intending to leave Alex's car near Uhon's trying to implicate them somehow. [I can also see this component totally being eliminated and Uhon truly not coming into play until after]

The girls resist, so he "has" to kill them.

He also knows if he didn't kill them, he knew he'd have to be far, far away and not return or else they would be able to ID him and the whole thing would be up anyway.

So then instead of taking their car and either getting out of dodge or going to Uhon's for something pre-planned, then Pierre's really in a state, plus is desperate for a car.

Now he has two dead girls, knows at least some communication will tie them to him, and he still hasn't gotten the vehicle, he's already frenzied, so now he's basically unhinged.

He runs in his frenetic state to Uhon's, again tries to get a car, again gets resistance, and he kills Uhon, since now he really, really needs to get away!

Whether he was intending to target Uhon from the get go - or to simply go there and go after Uhon's car from the get go - I don't think Uhon was a fluke as he surely had someone he knew who lived closer to the river, unless perhaps none of those people had a car.

Most of me thinks he had Uhon on his radar all along, but a piece of me could see it being his flat out panic after killing the girls and that just being the first person/place he thought of where he might be able to get a car (presumably with no resistance)

Could his desperate need to get a car be because someone else was putting pressure on him? Did he maybe owe money or had promised to deliver drugs but didn't and they had threatened him, so he needs to get a car to sell, or maybe he needs it to get where those people are to sort things out with them, or give them something they wanted, something he had promised them?

I'm just trying to think up a reason that could put him in a state of mind where killing three people would be still the better option and the only thing I can think of is if he feared for his own life.

But maybe he was just greedy, or he was on drugs/had a psychotic breakdown, etc.

The one thing I'm curious about now is why this all took place - with the girls - outside of the apartment area?

With Pierre basically right out their door, if there was going to be a drug deal, why not do it there instead of elsewhere?

Was there supposed to be someone else involved? Or did the girls think that at least, thus them doing it somewhere else?

Did he not have the drugs at his place and got them from where he spent the day at family's at Deaverview where they later picked him up?

Or do I not know enough about drugs/drug deals and simply am unaware that would be a normal thing to do, even if you had the opportunity at home with no one around?

Driving to the river and taking two guns sure points to a premeditated act, don't you think? Either he planned to force them at gun point to give up the car/drugs/money or he planned on killing them all along.

I don't know how drug deals are 'usually' conducted, can only think that perhaps they thought that at the apartment someone else could come home at any point, so better to find a secluded spot somewhere outside?

At which point I'm thinking this must have been a substantial deal, not just about a small plastic bag with some weed or pills in it that could be slipped easily in your pocket were someone to enter the apartment unexpectedly. Maybe a large sum of money that had to be counted too, was involved.

WLOS has corrected/updated the story. PG did not steal AKs car and there were not 2 guns.

If you have FB, WLOS's page always has fabu comments under anything they post. I am uncertain if that is normal for all news stations or not or the fact that WLOS will at times respond back to people's posts.

My guess is the drug deal was a ruse, and rather than do it in the their apt he said he needed to go get the money, drugs, etc etc. as you've mentioned in your posts, they were probably on their way out so didn't even think twice. Although (hypothetically ;)) if I were wanting to pick up something or make some money I would be willing to go out of my way for 15 minutes.

He could have said they were meeting somebody for the deal but I don't think they actually were. I really think the girls were the target I'm just not 100% why. My guess is money more so than the car.. Unless it was both but damaged the car with the shots too much to drive and Uhon was his next guess. Maybe he even called him to ask for a ride, Uhon said no, and Pierre decided to take the car anyway.

Driving to the river and taking two guns sure points to a premeditated act, don't you think? Either he planned to force them at gun point to give up the car/drugs/money or he planned on killing them all along.

I don't know how drug deals are 'usually' conducted, can only think that perhaps they thought that at the apartment someone else could come home at any point, so better to find a secluded spot somewhere outside?

At which point I'm thinking this must have been a substantial deal, not just about a small plastic bag with some weed or pills in it that could be slipped easily in your pocket were someone to enter the apartment unexpectedly. Maybe a large sum of money that had to be counted too, was involved.

I agree with you and think this was premeditated. Even with only one gun. Pierre drove them to a secluded area with a weapon for a reason. Otherwise I do think they would have done the deal at an apartment. I hope he didn't shoot Tatianna from behind to keep Alex driving & scared.

I've wondered from the beginning if this was a larger deal type thing. Would give a "better" motive. He either wanted their money or their drugs to sell for money.

And this is why I try not to think too much into Pierre's thoughts because nothing about what he did that night make ANY sense. Even if he had this master plan in his head, it was illogical. So he plans to rob the girls. He does. He thinks he can get the car too but damages it too much so pushes it over the bank after dumping the girls.

At this point why not go home? Why not play it off like you were attacked with the girls? If he can run all the way to Uhon's why not go home instead?

If he needed a car that badly and Uhon said no, why not carjack somebody or steal a car parked on the side? He just killed two people and he'd rather shoot his friend in the head to get a car with keys than any other way? I can't make this fit into anything! I'd almost say he didn't kill Uhon except we know he did.

All I can think is that Pierre was really, really messed up. Mentally, high as a kite on meth or something similar and just totally lost it. I just don't know.

that scenario doesn't explain blood on the driver's side.

So I would gather that at Deaverview he pulled the guns and made AK either move over forcing TD in the back or forcing AK in the back of the car. He drives them to the river and kills them.

This scenario makes me think this now. The drug deal was PG's means to get the girls alone and perhaps this is a hate crime. By all accounts AK and TD were madly in love and seem very affectionate in public. That isn't widely accepted even in Asheville. I wonder if he had developed a creeper crush for one of them and seeing them together while staying with GF got under his skin so much he snapped. Again this is probably way more thought then PG actually gave that night but I wonder? JMO

to be honest, the timeline explained still doesn't convince me there wasn't a second person. they could have picked up PG and another party and then either forced them or used a rude to get to the river. this also explains 2 guns, and I bet the cops know that due to ballistics.

I have seen a similar quote "no reason to believe there are any other suspects" and lo and behold, there were other suspects all along and LE was trying to wait them out, to see if they relaxed and started running their mouth to others.

Hard to know what from that that article is accurate if my thought about it meaning the 'stolen car' bit meant him commandeering the vehicle from Alex interpretation isn't right, but here's what else I was struck by:

That to me says he went into the night prepared for violence.

It may have been he thought showing force would get them to comply and not resist, but TWO guns sure makes me more inclined to think he may have been planning to shoot them all along to get the car, and that someone in the process that went awry with the car then being undriveable.

I wonder if the below leaves any room for Pierre having gotten a ride from near the river to Uhon's, but not by someone who had any knowledge of the violence that happened or was about to? :thinking:

Perhaps he hitched a ride?

If it's that he simply ran/walked there, it seems like a strange thing to play coy about saying, no?

im thinking he had blood on him that's why he didn't head home.

out of desperation, he ended up swinging by home anyways but maybe at that point he didn't care? maybe LE has asked the gf or UJ's dad not to mention that to media?

I agree with you and think this was premeditated. Even with only one gun. Pierre drove them to a secluded area with a weapon for a reason. Otherwise I do think they would have done the deal at an apartment. I hope he didn't shoot Tatianna from behind to keep Alex driving & scared.

I've wondered from the beginning if this was a larger deal type thing. Would give a "better" motive. He either wanted their money or their drugs to sell for money.

And this is why I try not to think too much into Pierre's thoughts because nothing about what he did that night make ANY sense. Even if he had this master plan in his head, it was illogical. So he plans to rob the girls. He does. He thinks he can get the car too but damages it too much so pushes it over the bank after dumping the girls.

At this point why not go home? Why not play it off like you were attacked with the girls? If he can run all the way to Uhon's why not go home instead?

If he needed a car that badly and Uhon said no, why not carjack somebody or steal a car parked on the side? He just killed two people and he'd rather shoot his friend in the head to get a car with keys than any other way? I can't make this fit into anything! I'd almost say he didn't kill Uhon except we know he did.

All I can think is that Pierre was really, really messed up. Mentally, high as a kite on meth or something similar and just totally lost it. I just don't know.

im thinking he had blood on him that's why he didn't head home.

out of desperation, he ended up swinging by home anyways but maybe at that point he didn't care? maybe LE has asked the gf or UJ's dad not to mention that to media?

Yes I keep forgetting that, thanks. He would definitely have blood on him & who knows if he even hurt himself disposing of the girls & car. It's hard for me not to think of another person being involved.

Maybe he was able to settle a debt with what he took from the girls.. Or whoever helped him with the girls meant a lot to him so he did take the cops on a wild goose chase after killing Uhon. And as mentioned in an above post, maybe he did kill Uhon to distract from the girls so his accomplice would have enough time to get away/cover tracks/whatever. I mean I'm not 100% on that theory because it seems overly complicated for somebody who did things in an incredibly stupid way but I'm not convinced he was totally alone either.

maybe whoever he owed, was w him when he killed the girls and he paid the guy and they went separate ways.

Yes I keep forgetting that, thanks. He would definitely have blood on him & who knows if he even hurt himself disposing of the girls & car. It's hard for me not to think of another person being involved.

Maybe he was able to settle a debt with what he took from the girls.. Or whoever helped him with the girls meant a lot to him so he did take the cops on a wild goose chase after killing Uhon. And as mentioned in an above post, maybe he did kill Uhon to distract from the girls so his accomplice would have enough time to get away/cover tracks/whatever. I mean I'm not 100% on that theory because it seems overly complicated for somebody who did things in an incredibly stupid way but I'm not convinced he was totally alone either.

that scenario doesn't explain blood on the driver's side.

Yea I posted that after the news misreported that PG stole AK's car. So I could not figure out any scenario that would work other then that for him stealing it. But he did not steal it.

maybe whoever he owed, was w him when he killed the girls and he paid the guy and they went separate ways.
Maybe whoever he owed killed the girls, and they went separate ways. Don't know why I'm even posting. This is sooooo messed up.

I have had the same thought that maybe PG had eyes for TD and although not the whole story it could definitely play a role. I have always hoped this had nothing to do with a hate crime but anyone could see how it could factor in. Asheville actually has a huge LGBT community and diversity is pretty expected & accepted. Not to say there aren't cases of discrimination especially in the transgender community. Those groups who hold fundamentalist religious beliefs.... of course do not usually agree with same sex partners/marriage but that's not specific to Asheville. It's very common to see affection expressed by same sex couples in AVL especially female.... but that could be very upsetting to a certain psychological profile. Hope this will be dismissed somehow if we discover the truth.

If he needed a car that badly and Uhon said no, why not carjack somebody or steal a car parked on the side?
He just killed two people and he'd rather shoot his friend in the head to get a car with keys than any other way? I can't make this fit into anything! I'd almost say he didn't kill Uhon except we know he did.

The latter bolded bit about why not someone else even post-girls is where I keep coming back to there having to be something more as to why the girls.

Otherwise if it's solely about needing a car desperately for some reason, EVEN if he thought the girls might acquiesce without needing to resort to force, he was deliberately putting himself in a situation where he was outnumbered.

He obviously had a size/strength/planning/weapon advantage, as well as probably being hyped up on something, but he WAS still out numbered 2:1 and THEY (well Alex) had control of the car at least initially.

Like you said, not like there's any sense to be found in what he did that night, but there's obviously some component we're missing as to why they were his first victims that night.

Maybe we'll learn more the 24th...

Griffin is next to appear in Buncombe County District Court for a probable cause hearing on all the charges on Nov. 24. He's being held in the Buncombe County Detention Facility without bond.

Also:

The county's top prosecutor has not said if he will pursue the death penalty.

First-degree murder carries the possibility of either death or life without parole.

"We’ll review the case for the presence of aggravating factors pertaining to the death penalty," District Attorney Todd Williams said after Griffin's appearance Tuesday. He declined further comment on the new charges.

Griffin's court-appointed attorney, Keith Hanson, also declined comment Tuesday.

In addition to his charges in Buncombe, Griffin has two pending warrants from Henderson County on attempted armed robbery, said Maj. Frank Stout.

Those charges stem from an alleged police chase following the Pisgah View slaying. During that chase, Griffin brandished a handgun twice at passing motorists in an attempt to car jack their vehicles as the Expedition he was driving became disabled from techniques authorities were using to try to stop him.

635827489032416566-GriffenCourt-005.jpg

personally I do not see any type of romantic interest in this case.

I have had the same thought that maybe PG had eyes for TD and although not the whole story it could definitely play a role. I have always hoped this had nothing to do with a hate crime but anyone could see how it could factor in. Asheville actually has a huge LGBT community and diversity is pretty expected & accepted. Not to say there aren't cases of discrimination especially in the transgender community. Those groups who hold fundamentalist religious beliefs.... of course do not usually agree with same sex partners/marriage but that's not specific to Asheville. It's very common to see affection expressed by same sex couples in AVL especially female.... but that could be very upsetting to a certain psychological profile. Hope this will be dismissed somehow if we discover the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back