OR - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ MacNab
@jjmacnab

Writer, anti-government extremism at http://Forbes.com | Fellow @ the George Washington Univ Center for Cyber & Homeland Security, Program on Extremism

Washington, DC

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 5h5 hours ago
I've updated my big violence / plots list to include OR plus 3 other new cases.
Full list: http://www.deathandtaxes.com/antigovviolence.pdf …

She has a spreadsheet on all of these type people.

What events and what were the conversations about?

Who knows, they're so secretive that even they have no clue as to what's going on. OK they've never had a clue. I guess that would be pretty much the same thing.. It's like their interpretation of the Constitution, you have to read in-between the lines. Then you can make up whatever you want.

Who knows, they're so secretive that even they have no clue as to what's going on. OK they've never had a clue. I guess that would be pretty much the same thing.. It's like their interpretation of the Constitution, you have to read in-between the lines. Then you can make up whatever you want.

My favorite part is the BLM referring to local LE as "bozo's."

JJ Macnab just tweeted a link to this:

No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution

My post were screwed up but it's a few posts before that one. Here's a link to the original announcement for all to meet in Burns on Saturday with vehicles, the the next post that you replied to was Soper cancelling the event and saying to meet at the site where LF died.

[video=twitter;695397815783034880]https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/695397815783034880[/video]

Thank God these people are so stupid! They are their own worst enemies.

My guess is the FBI told him he would be arrested if he stepped foot in Oregon. Isn't there a law against inflaming a crowd if anything happens that is considered illegal, like a riot starts?

I hoped for more too. I'd also like to see more people charged.

Having one charge might be extremely strategic. It doesn't prevent the feds from adding on charges later....more years in prison.

“Most people aren’t going home after what happened,” said California resident Terri Linnell.

Linnell is referring to the Jan. 26 shooting death of LaVoy Finicum having unnerved the remaining militants. “That would put their families at risk. They’re going to wait and see what shakes down.”

Linnell served as a cook for the militants and took part in the occupation for more than two weeks. She said she’s not worried about being arrested. “I didn’t do anything at all. I mean, what are they going to do? Charge me for being in the kitchen? Are they going to bust me for cooking?”

Hmmm... well, yeah, if it's a kitchen that belongs to somebody else in a building that you have no business being in I think you could be charged for cooking.

This guy got seven years for making breakfast:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_c0b34a32-0efe-11e2-b120-001a4bcf6878.html

It's funny -- it strikes me that these are the sort of folks whose parents and grandparents would have embraced the philosophy of "America -- love it or leave it," years ago. I wish they'd subscribe to that philosophy (one which I don't really agree with), but I don't know what country would take them.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 10h10 hours ago
.@Patztense Listen to 24:30 through 26:30. [video=youtube;3Zjxr0ILOQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zjxr0ILOQA[/video] …

Gonzo Journalism in Oregon: Behind Enemy Lines at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

"He was manipulated into testifying, he’s disturbed and the government isn’t helping anything that I can see," she added, alluding to the long land dispute the Hammond family has had with the federal government. "The government has been very invasive into our family and it seems there are no limits to what they can do to destroy people."
It seems to me that's like the pot calling the kettle black. From the sounds of things, this whole fam damily's that way.. sorry slightly dyslexic speller here.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...used-abusing-teen-article-1.2485648?cid=bitly

Maxine Bernstein's article on the Pete Santilli hearing yesterday:

Federal judge affirms decision to keep Pete Santilli behind bars in conspiracy case
By Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on February 04, 2016 at 7:27 PM, updated February 04, 2016 at 10:08 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/federal_judge_affirms_decision.html

“District Court Chief Justice Michael W. Mosman affirmed a decision to detain Pete Santili pending trial, saying he was disturbed by several remarks Santilli made during his online broadcasts promising to shoot federal officers if they came to take him or his guns away.

"There's a handful of statements I can't discount as just shock-jock," bravado, Mosman said early Thursday evening.

Mosman said he couldn't ignore what seems to be Santilli's "deeply-held beliefs" regarding his distaste for federal law enforcement, and found Santilli could be "a real threat to pretrial service officers or U.S. marshals or others who have to deal with him.''

Santilli, 50, an independent broadcaster who went to Burns to film a Jan. 2 rally protesting the re-sentencing of two local ranchers, stayed to film the monthlong occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.”

“Leaning in Santilli's favor was a stable home and work, the judge said. Mosman found the government's weight of evidence that Santilli conspired in the refuge occupation lacking.

Mosman said he didn't think Santilli would be a flight risk in the traditional sense, in that he'd go into hiding, but said he was concerned that he might not respond peacefully to federal officers' demands.

The judge said he did disregard much of Santilli's statements on his show as part of his inflammatory attempt to build an audience.

Mosman called Santilli's remarks about Clinton "the most distasteful clip of all,'' but said it was not relevant to his decision on detention.

Yet the judge said he was troubled by the clips in which Santilli said he'd refuse to be taken away, would rather die a free man, and threats to kill federal law enforcement if they ever tried to take his guns away.

"It raises for me enough concerns for federal law enforcement officers who would have to deal with this defendant,'' Mosman said.”​

Long, detailed report of the hearing.

In one Dec. 21, 2015, episode, Santilli said, "If I'm deemed to be a felon, I want to ask for freakin' asylum somewhere else. I don't want to be in this country ... I want out of this freakin' hell hole."

In other broadcasts from June 10, 2015, to December 2015, Santilli pledged to shoot anyone who came through the door of his home uninvited or failed to pick up the phone and call him ahead of time.

"Is this someone pretrial services can knock on the door at 3 a.m., if they have to, for a UA (urine analysis sample)? No," Knight argued.

Santilli's lawyer countered that his client was talking about law enforcement who barge into homes in the middle of the night, with "no-knock warrants," and was espousing his right to defend himself.

There's a right to defend yourself by shooting LE who come in executing a warrant? I didn't know that.

Thank God these people are so stupid! They are their own worst enemies.

Absolutely. The stupid is so strong I've gotten bored of it (might also be my love life's picked up and I can't concentrate, haha). But yeah, I follow some Australian 'patriot' groups and it's just a constant facepalm.

It's funny -- it strikes me that these are the sort of folks whose parents and grandparents would have embraced the philosophy of "America -- love it or leave it," years ago. I wish they'd subscribe to that philosophy (one which I don't really agree with), but I don't know what country would take them.

If nothing else, I learnt from this thread that "Love it or leave it" comes from around the Vietnam war time. It's been used here towards migrants/refugees who don't immediately adopt the culture. At least it's better than "Fit in or f*ck off".

There's a right to defend yourself by shooting LE who come in executing a warrant? I didn't know that.

I'm glad that I live in a country where it's illegal to shoot someone who enters your home unwarranted. I've simply never heard of it being a disadvantage.

I return here to read mostly because of y'alls wonderfully wicked and very appreciated sense of humor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93