OR - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawna Cox is given permission to attend Finicum's funeral in Kanab, under cerain conditions. I wonder what will happen to her if she violates conditions. I don't see that this prevents her or others from using the funeral as a propaganda tool.

Brown said Cox, 59, could attend the funeral on the condition that she was "not to engage in any public commentary'' surrounding the case or Finicum's death as she went to and from the service at theKanab Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.
The judge ordered her not to participate in any social event or any demonstration regarding the events that led to the federal case against her.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...judge_assigned_to_cons.html#incart_river_home

I return here to read mostly because of y'alls wonderfully wicked and very appreciated sense of humor. :)

Same here Hope. I get so disgusted by the media, I come here to get a good laugh. I just hope other countries don't think that we are all cut from the same cloth. I'm so glad I am no relations to these people.

The judge shopping is kind of disturbing to me. I don't know maybe its par for the course with these kinds of cases.

From the article:

“Shawn Cox, one of the 16 people indicted on a federal conspiracy charge in the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, was granted permission Friday morning to attend the funeral of Robert "LaVoy'' Finicum, who was killed during a police stop last week.

Cox's lawyer had appealed to U.S. District Court Judge Anna J. Brown, who heard an emergency motion and reversed a magistrate judge's decision earlier in the week that barred Cox from going to the funeral.”

The funeral is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. PST in Cox's hometown, Kanab, Utah.

Brown said Cox, 59, could attend the funeral on the condition that she was "not to engage in any public commentary'' surrounding the case or Finicum's death as she went to and from the service at the Kanab Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.

The judge ordered her not to participate in any social event or any demonstration regarding the events that led to the federal case against her."

“Assistant U.S. Attorney Geoff Barrow objected to Cox being allowed to attend the funeral. He said it' s not unheard of to restrict people from attending certain funerals, particularly in gang prosecution cases.”

“Cox's lawyer, Tiffany Harris, argued that to prevent her client from attending the service would unfairly restrict Cox's freedom of religious expression.

"This is a religious event we're talking about,'' Harris said. "It is not a rally through a town square.''”​

Other than she can attend the funeral I don't think its all that clear what she can and cannot do and when she can do it. And, I think it can be argued whether or not going to a funeral has anything to do with 'freedom of religious expression'. I guess its all just legal ploys. Some people enjoy that sort of thing. So far, it seems she has caught some lucky breaks.

Another article on the Shawna Cox funeral appeal.

Note: Kanab, Utah is in the Mountain Time Zone

http://koin.com/2016/02/05/shawna-cox-requests-to-attend-finicum-funeral/

Judge allows Shawna Cox to attend Finicum funeral
Funeral set for 2:30 p.m. Friday in Kanab, Utah

By Brent Weisberg (Twitter: @BrentKOIN)
Published: February 5, 2016, 5:28 am Updated: February 5, 2016, 10:01 am

“Her attorneys told the court that she lives about 20 minutes from where the funeral is being held. She is allowed to leave her home at 2:00 p.m. and must be home no later than 10:00 p.m.

The judge ordered her to make no public statements about the standoff in Burns.”

“Cox – who is described as deeply religious — was allowed to travel to Kanab, but a judge earlier ruled that she not be allowed to attend the funeral.””

“She added that the government doesn’t have the authority to ban Cox from meeting with “like minded people.”

The funeral is expected to draw hundreds of supporters from around the nation. The day’s events, billed as “LaVoy Finicum’s Stand for Freedom,” include a visitation and funeral, followed by a memorial horse ride to a local middle school for a benefit concert.”​

The judge shopping is kind of disturbing to me. I don't know maybe its par for the course with these kinds of cases.

From the article:

Brown said Cox, 59, could attend the funeral on the condition that she was "not to engage in any public commentary'' surrounding the case or Finicum's death as she went to and from the service at the Kanab Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.

I don't think this is possible for her. What happens if she violates the order?

Rsbm.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/federal_judge_assigned_to_cons.html

The judge ordered her not to participate in any social event or any demonstration regarding the events that led to the federal case against her.

Betting the whole funeral will count as such a demonstration.

Re: The funeral

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...cupier-arrive-at-funeral-in-Kanab.html?pg=all

“The funeral, which begins at 2:30 follwoing (sic) a viewing, is expected to draw large numbers of people from across the West.”

“The Finicum family is expected to give a statement after the service and supporters on horseback are expected to lead a memorial ride afterward.

A woman who was on the scene of the confrontation between Finicum and police is also expected to speak.”​

There were two females there. Which one will speak?

Shawna Cox is given permission to attend Finicum's funeral in Kanab, under cerain conditions. I wonder what will happen to her if she violates conditions. I don't see that this prevents her or others from using the funeral as a propaganda tool.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...judge_assigned_to_cons.html#incart_river_home

And what are the odds she can keep her mouth shut? That's what I'd call a real long shot, who's going to keep her from firing her mouth off? I know these are all loaded questions but someone has to ask them..

I would be willing to bet that there will be some Gmen at the funeral.

Mourners assemble for LaVoy Finicum funeral in Kanab, Utah today as Oregon standoff continues
By Carli Brosseau | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on February 05, 2016 at 11:33 AM, updated February 05, 2016 at 1:01 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/crowds_prepare_for_lavoy_finic.html

Pictures of big shiny trucks.

And, this which reminds me of the 'goblin topplers':

“Kanab, a town of about 4,400 people near the Arizona border, in the heart of Mormon country, is famed as the backdrop for old Hollywood Westerns and surrounded by some of the most celebrated tracts of American public land -- Zion National Park, Vermillion Cliffs National Monument and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.

Finicum was a rancher in the nearby Arizona Strip region and a foster parent to troubled children. He also spent time in his 20s working as a property manager in the Portland area.”​

Tenney, Finicum's daughter, said in an interview Friday that people arriving in Kanab were responding to the truth she said her father embodied. She said before her father left home, he reminded his children that some things, including freedom, are more valuable than one man's life.
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/crowds_prepare_for_lavoy_finic.html

Everyone is now more free because...?

It seems crazy that these people are so willing to die, over what? I still can't work it out. Freedom is more important than life and bird refuges are a threat to freedom... because...?

Same here Hope. I get so disgusted by the media, I come here to get a good laugh. I just hope other countries don't think that we are all cut from the same cloth. I'm so glad I am no relations to these people.

I am an American living in a foreign country where many tourists come because of the beauty. I think probably they all think we are insane. The guns astound them. And the certain party candidates running for Pres.

The US is a laughing stock.

Everyone is now more free because...?

It seems crazy that these people are so willing to die, over what? I still can't work it out. Freedom is more important than life and bird refuges are a threat to freedom... because...?

Maybe she means he died a free man rather than being unjustly incarcerated. Although that doesn't make much sense either it is one of the things he said.

I don't know. They all talk a lot of nonsense.

Mourners assemble for LaVoy Finicum funeral in Kanab, Utah today as Oregon standoff continues
By Carli Brosseau | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on February 05, 2016 at 11:33 AM, updated February 05, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Pictures of big shiny trucks.

And, this which reminds me of the 'goblin topplers':

“Kanab, a town of about 4,400 people near the Arizona border, in the heart of Mormon country, is famed as the backdrop for old Hollywood Westerns and surrounded by some of the most celebrated tracts of American public land -- Zion National Park, Vermillion Cliffs National Monument and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.

Finicum was a rancher in the nearby Arizona Strip region and a foster parent to troubled children. He also spent time in his 20s working as a property manager in the Portland area.”​

BBM: Yes, and touted it as his "primary source of income". :gaah:

Small squares of blue tarp are being distributed inside the LDS stake center where friends, family of LaVoy Finicum have gathered.

[video=twitter;695708469559603200]https://twitter.com/carlibrosseau/status/695708469559603200[/video]

No comment.

John Sepulvado
John Sepulvado – Verified account ‏@JohnLGC

we're gonna have a story up soon, but a quick update from the refuge - concrete barriers have been placed at the road entry 1/3
3:10 PM - 5 Feb 2016 from Portland, OR

John Sepulvado

a local there thinks it's to ward off 3% folks from marching to the compound this weekend 2/3
3:11 PM - 5 Feb 2016 from Portland, OR

John Sepulvado

and there's a tape of david fry going around where he's giving his "last words..." I dunno if it's from today or not. 3/3
3:12 PM - 5 Feb 2016 from Portland, OR

Many of the 3% or whatever they want to be called, are saying LF was shot 9 times. That's not what Shawna Cox said on this video.

Approx. at the 40 minute mark. She had learned there were only 3 shots to his back she says.

[video=youtube;uDednOsEx7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDednOsEx7w[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member