Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There exist desert trees, like mesquite and palo verde, sure. They don't grow big like oaks but they are trees.

Aha, I actually just watched a baja 500 race on youtube...what do ya know, there are trees lol. Not big ones in the main body of the race but there was some. I'll have to educate him lol. He doesn't follow this race but a different off road race that the desert is almost treeless.
So if he did hit a tree, he sucks at driving as there is a course like road the rigs take.

I think it was MM.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Possibly AM as the roommate who knew of a plan to steal the truck. Would blow out of the water any attempt by DM to claim he purchased it from some nameless dude in Kitchener.

Was it AJ that mentioned Colombian workers during his testimony? Clearly it isn't a factor in the case or the Crown would have brought this up by now. But I have to admit...I am curious what Colombian workers were doing at the hanger, related or not. It's a head scratcher. MOO

Yes, it was AJ.

Adam Carter
Feb 4 2016 11:20 AM
People there were working on “cars and stuff like that” Jennings says.

Adam Carter
Feb 4 2016 11:19 AM
There were other workers and Columbian contractors who were there working for Millard.

I wonder if it's related to Villada Homes (VH invoice was seen in the computer exhibit).

One thing I'm getting fro SS's testimony is that TBs truck was intended to replace DMs red truck? He was going to swap the VINs, paint it red and drive it without worry?

Was that the plan or am I off base? And was TBs truck a diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I agree. Something is off about SS and his testimony for sure.

I'll say it over and over again, SS has obviously been told not to talk about lots of things. The chop shop for instance. I feel that his existence at Millardair was based solely on that fact that they were running a chop shop. That was his full time job and he's not allowed to mention any of it. So let's not crucify him with all this talk of "half truths".

Possibly AM as the roommate who knew of a plan to steal the truck. Would blow out of the water any attempt by DM to claim he purchased it from some nameless dude in Kitchener.
IMO, those texts are the biggest nails for the Crown thus far. Also indicates the influence DM had on the people around him- his ability to manipulate them and abuse their loyalty. IMO, it was a very good day for Dungey if he's trying to make MS look like a mindless follower.
"I can't imagine what that family is going through", "Hypothetically, if this is the same one, I'm in a lot of jeopardy" followed by the last two words "what truck" . Triple wow. I interpret that to say "SS, we both know this is TB's truck and I'm in big s%$$, so lets just forget you saw it". Master manipulation! IMO, SS probably still wants to believe that DM is not a murderous psychopath because he's a nice guy who has lot's of money. SS was encouraging DM to do the right thing and IMO, SS's statement that "everything was crazy, my brain was in a blur" probably correctly sums up his mental state over those couple of days. MOO

I'll say it over and over again, SS has obviously been told not to talk about lots of things. The chop shop for instance. I feel that his existence at Millardair was based solely on that fact that they were running a chop shop. That was his full time job and he's not allowed to mention any of it. So let's not crucify him with all this talk of "half truths".

but why? if the crown has proof of a chop shop running in that hangar then why is that not being disclosed? What valid reason would the defense have for being able to eliminate that from court proceedings..how could they win this in legal arguments..it is proof of DM's criminal activity and motive for theft?

Totally agree. We have no idea what is being permitted in this trial. There's been a lot of legal arguments and voir dire sessions- the Crown may be on a short rope with SS, but IMO, the text messages clearly indicate what role SS had in the whole thing. MOO

I have heard the expression "chop shop" thrown about a lot but I have begun to wonder about that. It is absolutely obvious that the hangar contained some stolen items and vehicles--motor cycle plus trailer, wood chipper (?), TB's truck and these things were dismantled, sanded and repainted in varying degrees......
But is there any evidence that anything was ever sold from DM's aftermarket alterations????
Is there anything to suggest that a volume of parts and vehicles was being processed through the hangar with any regularity??
Or was the dismantling and repainting just a method of disguise for DM's ever expanding personal inventory?

I wonder if it's related to Villada Homes (VH invoice was seen in the computer exhibit).

That's interesting, thanks. I hadn't thought of that till now -- that some of the extras, aside from the Columbians, might be related to DM's work on his real estate flipping projects.

Shane never told cops about the truck being at the hangar. In the Spec article.

One thing I'm getting fro SS's testimony is that TBs truck was intended to replace DMs red truck? He was going to swap the VINs, paint it red and drive it without worry?

Was that the plan or am I off base? And was TBs truck a diesel?

That was the plan and TB's truck was a diesel.

Well the fact that SS never asked about a missing person yet DM texts "sympathetic" messages about Tim's family just bugs me.

CLAIRMONT: Milardair mechanic says he didn't ask about Tim Bosma

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-mechanic-says-he-didn-t-ask-about-tim-bosma/

Even the judge warns the jury about the witness.

After reading this, I get to thinking its possible that DM was fishing to see what SS knew or thought by sending those texts...
On May 7, 2013, the day after Tim vanished, Schlatman got a text from Millard telling him not to come to work due to "airport politics."

When he did return on May 8, "there's a black pickup truck parked in the middle of the hangar," he said. Schlatman told court he didn't know anything about Tim's disappearance then. He said Millard told him he bought the truck in Kitchener to go to Baja because the diesel fuel would make for a cheaper trip.

Then this strange exchange.

May 9, at 9:49 p.m. Millard texts "Shaner": "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through."

10:22 p.m. Millard to Shaner: "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned out (sic) how that's going to play out."

10:26 p.m. Shaner to Millard: "Ya thats a tough call man. Have you considered goin to cops? Tell em ya bought this truck but you think its warm"

11:40 p.m. Millard to Shaner: "hypothetically: if this is the same one, I'm in a lot of jeopardy: what truck?"

Based on the texts, SS thought somebody else had stolen the truck, Tim was missing, and DM just happened to buy that truck from somebody else. DM wasn't remorseful. He was pretending to be while lying to SS.

At this point SS must have know DM was responsible for the disappearance of Tim Bosma. He knew it was Mr. Bosma's truck and there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that the truck could have been stolen, cleaned up, then sold to Millard in that little time window.

something isnt sitting right with me about SS. Why would he stop talking with his father-in-law when by all appearances they had a good relationship.

While I know it *seems* like all kinds of folks in s. Ontario were talking about it, the fact is, there were LOTS of people that knew nothing about it at all until DM's arrest or ever after. I knew all about it as soon as the media blitz began but my hubby new *nothing* about it until the day the arrested Millard and we heard the breaking news over am980 in the van. He (hubby) knows I follow cases like this and immediately turned to me and asked 'you know this case?' and I said 'yep, sure do'.

There are folks that don't follow or pay attention to local news, folks that work continental shifts that have a hard time keeping up with news, older folks NOT on social media, and younger folks more concerned with *whatever* than local news. While Tim's MISSING poster was virtually everywhere by the time Millard was arrested, I'd venture to guess there were untold numbers of folks that truly knew nothing about this case until well after DM was arrested. And even then, didn't really pay much attention since, it's just another sick, twisted, evil case of self-centeredness populating the news cycle.

I'm the only one of my immediate family who had ever heard of this case within the first few weeks, at least. I started following right away and remember going through all of the emotions as Sharlene pleaded for Tim's return, then as LE announced they had found remains, then when DM was arrested... but still, no one around me seemed to hear about it or be talking about it until I brought it up and had to fill them in. It's definitely possible to live in that general area but have no idea what's going on around you.

I can post Adam Carter's blog today. If I need to leave for any reason, I will let you all know in the main thread. :)

I'm not ready to throw SS and his testimony under the bus just yet. Yes...it appears that he is being selective in how he answers but how much of that is directed by the Crown? They do meet with witnesses beforehand, do they not? But more importantly, if I've learned one thing during this trial, the choppy, stacatto reporting through Twitter leaves out a fair amount of context. Just seeing how two different reporters Tweet very different interpretations of the same testimony has me reserving some judgement until we see full transcripts after the fact. What percentage of the testimony are we really getting? That is the question. They can't Tweet every word, unfortunately for us. MOO

The other thread isn't open yet but:

Mar 22 2016 9:04 AM Adam Carter
Back at the courthouse today for the Bosma trial. Shane Schlatman, who testified yesterday, will not finish his testimony today because of legal arguments. He will continue at a later date.

Back at the courthouse today for the Bosma trial. Shane Schlatman, who testified yesterday, will not finish his testimony today because of legal arguments. He will continue at a later date.
by Adam Carter 9:04 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member