OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grow ops are usually found by helicopter or by snitch. They hide them in the woods so it's hard to see from the air. In California I've read they are guarded by heavily armed pot troops.

Pike and Scioto counties have been the focus of attention from Ohio senators, the news media, Ohio AG, governor, etc. for problems with both marijuana grow farms and prescription drug pill mills. They have access to assistance from federal agents providing helicopters and other sophisticated tools to investigate drug operations. I'm not sure what to think.

How does a family have three different grow operations, but the local sheriff never knew anything about it, particularly when many family members did have some kind of criminal background?

Probably because everybody else in the area/culture, and their brothers and sisters do too. JMO

I wonder the same thing. Who were the next people in line that would have gotten custody in the event of a tragedy?.. (among the deceased)

I'd read somewhere that the infant is with a relative. Don't know where daddy is but never saw it confirmed that he went missing- just a rumor so far.

I have said from the start that the perps knew how to take down a house. Not many ways to learn that sort of thing and it's not something that is easy by any stretch of the imagination. Pretty much only two careers that learn dynamic entry as part of a skill set. Law enforcement and Military. Someone who went into that house has trained in a killhouse before if they were able to take that many houses without a screw up or take return fire from what we know know were the owners of a grow op who I am guessing are pretty heavily armed and paranoid.

As far the people shaking their head that this was over weed. It most likely is not exactly over weed. It's over money. A commercial grow op makes ALOT of money. Not like they can go deposit it in a bank without questions being asked.

I don't understand why somebody making a LOT of money lives in a mobile home. And why they only have a $3000 demolition derby car. Why not buy a brand new Mustang GT and drag race that at the local track instead, along with a BMW for a daily driver. And a nice house that actually has a foundation. These people just didn't seem to be living any kind of glamorous lifestyle from what I can see on Facebook. I get that they wouldn't want to be too flashy, so as not to arouse suspicion. But honestly, they weren't even a little bit flashy.

I've given a lot of thought about the 4 day old baby and how it fits into the timeline. Depending on what type of birth she had (normal or c-section), she probably would have come home from the hospital 2-4 days after birth. She wouldn't be getting much sleep the first couple of days. And usually the schedule of the household is a little off too - there really is no schedule. Did the killer hide in the bushes waiting for lights to be off and then come in 10 mins later?

I thought it was odd that she had her toddler, her newborn, and a 6 month old niece or nephew there. That is too much for one person, let alone one who just gave birth. But maybe she and her mom were in the same home?

I live in northern CA and the LAST thing you ever want to do is stumble upon a pot grow while hiking. The Mexican cartels are in deep, and even the local growers will not hesitate to eliminate you.

Grow ops are usually found by helicopter or by snitch. They hide them in the woods so it's hard to see from the air. In California I've read they are guarded by heavily armed pot troops.

I think sometimes they are also discovered after excessive electrical use.

I don't understand about the SWAT team. When I heard about I assumed it meant an arrest was imminent. Now it seems it isn't. Anyone?

So the press conference basically ruled out the crime of passion some of us were assuming, right? Someone angry at ex-spouse/ex-girlfriend/boyfriend--as well as their families?

I don't understand why somebody making a LOT of money lives in a mobile home. And why they only have a $3000 demolition derby car. Why not buy a brand new Mustang GT and drag race that at the local track instead, along with a BMW for a daily driver. And a nice house that actually has a foundation. These people just didn't seem to be living any kind of glamorous lifestyle from what I can see on Facebook. I get that they wouldn't want to be too flashy, so as not to arouse suspicion. But honestly, they weren't even a little bit flashy.

Because of this, I would honestly be surprised to hear that this was a BIG grow operation. For all we know, they are just growing enough for themselves and maybe their friends/families.

Maybe they were just getting started with the grow operations.

Yes. That says it was methodical and planned. Gloves. Masks? That sort of thing. In. Out. Done.

I am sounding like a broke record, but since they heavily leaned in on that they are searching the wooded areas around the homes during the presser, I am *thinking* that it could be tools like brooms (to cover tire tracks), shovels, trash bags to bag the plants, etc.

JMO.

It is a culture unto itself. I cannot name the culture because it is not PC or people don't like me to say it that way anymore. But we discussed and wrote college theses on it back in the 1980s.

Confirmation for grow operations outside at three properties. So, this is related to that. I have to ask myself, however, are the plants still on the property?

I think this was a robbery, not just a hit. JMO.
SABBM

Looks like it.
A (possible) motive as old as time. Those poor kids left without parents. :(

Would be interesting to know if any safes were stolen or plundered... or money kept elsewhere in the home, that went missing ? Would surviving family members be able to tell LE what may have been taken ? (...follow the money)

Small town combined with staying under the radar is the exact reason. I would assume there is some idea that if you make it 20 years then you would give it up and have enough money for extravagant spending for the rest of your life...not sure i have ever seen anyone make it that far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms