OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy thinking that someone from the media seconded this? I could swear there was a blurb that said they were in the driveway or on the road for a couple hours doing nothing. Never put on gear or anything.
No you aren't crazy. I saw it, there was also video of the truck and pictures.

No you aren't crazy. I saw it, there was also video of the truck and pictures.
And to add, the one I saw mentioned they didn't understand why they would drive the big truck to come hold the scene and not just use cars if that was the case.

I am a newbie jumping in here so forgive me if this has been discussed. There is too much to read. Also just getting familiar with the rules.

But here is what I am stuck on as I research the case. The Rhodens and their car businsess. The latest one in particular that Dana Rhoden was posting about (can we name names here?). I've seen some discussion on this salvage company. Their PO box being in Peebles. When I did a search on who it was registered to it comes up JonaLee White. I googled her and one of the first things it mentions is her baby registry with the man that owns the place the rhodens all claimed to work in Lucasville.

Further search shows the owner of this place to work has several businesses so why put the salvage company in your country singer girlfriends name? One company of interest associated with his name is a medical company. Chris SR. also has this adams medical company.

Who would have a lot to hide? Who is smart enough to pull this off? A business person big in town or out of town? For one of the most sophisticated operations Dewine has ever seen, this was not just the rhodens setting this operation up. Who did all 8 of these people know? Who around them do we know had money and interested in various business ventures like the rhodens seem to be as well. This person gave a quote to the news saying Chris Jr. asked him what he cuold do for money just the week before the murder.

Now this Salvage company that is on FB that Dana posted about, I think that's what/who they were dealing with in recent weeks. That is connected to the owner of their company they all "work" for. The same peebles address the company has listed in filings has another company with this guys name on it.

A search for him shows little. He seems VERY private. I found a picture by digging but that took me awhile. I think they need to follow this.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, I am a new member and will read the next few days but there is a ton and it will take me forever.

I just can't get this out of my head. This connects the rhodens with someone local involved in what seems to be a shady car venture, they all list that they work at the place he owns, and this man has various business ventures too as well as FUNDS to make the things they were donig happen. I don't even know if drugs connects all 8 people but the cars do. I think this has less to do with pot and more to do with whatever they were doing with this car business. That would make sense why Gary was in town "working on cars"

My opionion only. Just find these connections extremely interesting

http://www.bizapedia.com/oh/SCIOTO-RIVER-TRADING-COMPANY-LLC.html

I also found that both CR and his boss have medical companies. This is just my opinion, but I think CR was asked to do someone a favor or maybe he owed his boss for something, but I think CR was only asked to open the company in his name. His boss seems to like to have other people set up companies for him... also if you do enough digging, you will end up on the Florida Secretary of State site too.

Yeah....I don't know if it is cultural or what, but they seem to put all their lovey dubby, romantic feelings out there on Facebook. And what is this "fly high" stuff? Is this just a cultural thing?

I live in Kentuckiana. Yes, that's a word, LOL. Everyone it seems, but me, does the fly high stuff.

The other thing that makes me think this was a professional hit was the sheer number of bullets that actually HIT their intended targets, and many were to the head. Even a person with practice shooting guns close up often misses. This was a person or persons skilled with firearms. I think that is why the AG keeps referring to this as a "sophisticated" massacre. The fact that the children were spared and the amount of planning this required just shouts out that this was a professional hit job. Someone was paid handsomely to do this.

I also found that both CR and his boss have medical companies. This is just my opinion, but I think CR was asked to do someone a favor or maybe he owed his boss for something, but I think CR was only asked to open the company in his name. His boss seems to like to have other people set up companies for him... also if you do enough digging, you will end up on the Florida Secretary of State site too.
Yes that medical company has been an issue for me.

Also his boss? Owner of Big Bear?

So many of the Rhodens worked at Big Bear. I said way back in early threads I was starting to wonder about the connection with the owner, before any more came up about him. It was the simple fact when we discovered Gary worked there some too.

Am I crazy thinking that someone from the media seconded this? I could swear there was a blurb that said they were in the driveway or on the road for a couple hours doing nothing. Never put on gear or anything.

I must be crazy or losing it. Look what I just found.

[video=twitter;725806819973730305]https://twitter.com/bhamrick_wlwt/status/725806819973730305[/video]

I must be crazy or losing it. Look what I just found.

[video=twitter;725806819973730305]https://twitter.com/bhamrick_wlwt/status/725806819973730305[/video]
That is nuts.. The AG office made the statement, they were there "holding the scene".

We were all sitting here live on the thread as it was happening. We knew they were there because the media tweeted it out.

And to add, the one I saw mentioned they didn't understand why they would drive the big truck to come hold the scene and not just use cars if that was the case.

According to the sheriff's web site, they have a dive van...not multiple dive vans. So if by some small miracle they were there to hold the scene, why take your only dive van along? Both Columbus police and fire have their own dive teams, so they wouldn't be leaving the community in a pinch, but it does seem a strange allocation of resources to take your only dive van to a place you aren't going to dive. I'm really questioning why the media isn't beating the crap out of him.

Yup I saw those connections too in Florida. His boss likes to setup businesses in others names, has multiple ventures, likes to keep a low profile himself, has A LOT to lose if anything is uncovered, has the money to setup some type of elaborate operation if he wanted, has connections in and out of town, has a lot of people that "work" for him, stated in his own words that he helped Rhodens with money via jobs. Hope they are looking at the boss.

My personal feelings is the family isn't capable of pulling this off. Someone fairly smart and I just don't see the family as able to pull this off. The boss or something around where they worked needs to be looked at closer. The killer may have been banking of the fact that they would be the last people thought of to do this and that seems to be the case with all the finger pointing at so many in the family and town.

Has it been confirmed that computers were taken? I have heard that but can't verify. If so that to me points to business 100%. I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg if we can find this info out. Wish we knew more!

I am a newbie jumping in here so forgive me if this has been discussed. There is too much to read. Also just getting familiar with the rules.

But here is what I am stuck on as I research the case. The Rhodens and their car businsess. The latest one in particular that Dana Rhoden was posting about (can we name names here?). I've seen some discussion on this salvage company. Their PO box being in Peebles. When I did a search on who it was registered to it comes up JonaLee White. I googled her and one of the first things it mentions is her baby registry with the man that owns the place the rhodens all claimed to work in Lucasville.

Further search shows the owner of this place to work has several businesses so why put the salvage company in your country singer girlfriends name? One company of interest associated with his name is a medical company. Chris SR. also has this adams medical company.

Who would have a lot to hide? Who is smart enough to pull this off? A business person big in town or out of town? For one of the most sophisticated operations Dewine has ever seen, this was not just the rhodens setting this operation up. Who did all 8 of these people know? Who around them do we know had money and interested in various business ventures like the rhodens seem to be as well. This person gave a quote to the news saying Chris Jr. asked him what he cuold do for money just the week before the murder.

Now this Salvage company that is on FB that Dana posted about, I think that's what/who they were dealing with in recent weeks. That is connected to the owner of their company they all "work" for. The same peebles address the company has listed in filings has another company with this guys name on it.

A search for him shows little. He seems VERY private. I found a picture by digging but that took me awhile. I think they need to follow this.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, I am a new member and will read the next few days but there is a ton and it will take me forever.

I just can't get this out of my head. This connects the rhodens with someone local involved in what seems to be a shady car venture, they all list that they work at the place he owns, and this man has various business ventures too as well as FUNDS to make the things they were donig happen. I don't even know if drugs connects all 8 people but the cars do. I think this has less to do with pot and more to do with whatever they were doing with this car business. That would make sense why Gary was in town "working on cars"

My opionion only. Just find these connections extremely interesting

http://www.bizapedia.com/oh/SCIOTO-RIVER-TRADING-COMPANY-LLC.html

Dana and Chris Jr is on her fb friends list.

According to the sheriff's web site, they have a dive van...not multiple dive vans. So if by some small miracle they were there to hold the scene, why take your only dive van along? Both Columbus police and fire have their own dive teams, so they wouldn't be leaving the community in a pinch, but it does seem a strange allocation of resources to take your only dive van to a place you aren't going to dive. I'm really questioning why the media isn't beating the crap out of him.

In my mind, I don't think there's really any question the dive team was there to see if there was any evidence in the surrounding ponds and waters on or near the murder scenes. It seems that would just be standard protocol in a murder of this magnitude. So I'm past what was reported in the media and by the AG. The real question is whether the dive team found anything. They may not have.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fa35...o-community-rattled-killings-8-family-members
Chris's boss spoke about Chris:

"Robin Waddell, who owns the Big Bear Lake Family Resort just south of Piketon, said Christopher Rhoden often did work for him as a carpenter and helped out with his excavation business. He said Rhoden was a nice guy whose kids sometimes visited him while he was working.

"It's a large family," Waddell said. "There's a lot of them and they've been in this community for generations. So this is affecting a lot of people.""

They made a statement, I can't find it now.. They said clearly. They were there "holding the scene" and that's the words they used.

My suspicion is simply that they were there for the toddler but arrived after the toddler was found. As long as they were in the area, is there any bodies of water that we want searched and can we obtain a search warrant to gain access to them. In the meantime, the dive team was asked to 'hold the scene' or stand by. The decision was made that they were not going to search so they were released.

In my mind, I don't think there's really any question the dive team was there to see if there was any evidence in the surrounding ponds and waters on or near the murder scenes. It seems that would just be standard protocol in a murder of this magnitude. So I'm past what was reported in the media and by the AG. The real question is whether the dive team found anything. They may not have.
But look what was found? I just posted the video we saw about it. This is on Twitter though.
5330c54c552e8bc02306209c022828ae.jpg

Someone asked the other day and I missed if anyone answered: is there a way to block posts with the word "cartel" in them? I can't take the cartel nonsense any longer.

My suspicion is simply that they were there for the toddler but arrived after the toddler was found. As long as they were in the area, is there any bodies of water that we want searched and can we obtain a search warrant to gain access to them. In the meantime, the dive team was asked to 'hold the scene' or stand by. The decision was made that they were not going to search so they were released.
But they told the media the team was there to simply hold the scene. Why lie about coming out for the child? Say they were there for a drowning and then went to hold the scene, done and done.

I don't trust My Word Is My Bond DeWine one bit.

I'd like to point out that Isaiah's story is highly suspicious and here's why. He was pulled over on Friday night and claims that two of the mothers of his three kids called the cops to say he was responsible for the murders and that their motivation was the $25k reward being offered. That Friday he was pulled over was the 22nd of April. He was interrogated through the night and released at 6am of the 23rd, Saturday morning. Here's the problem with his story. Jeff Ruby didn't tweet his announcement of a $25k reward until 9:04am on Saturday...3 hrs aftere IJ was already released and a day AFTER the two women called in to report him. So now that we know the women did not have the reward as their motivation we have to ask...why did they suspect him so strongly that they actually called the police to say he did it? Keep in mind the interview above was not printed until the 26th. Obviously by then the reward was made public. But it was not when his two 'baby mamas' called the police...
. You are really good at this - I am impressed. I hope you will join us on some other cases as well as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod