Trial - Ross Harris #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I have heard of 4 calls being made from Ross's phone. Do you know who testified to this, or where/when this was entered into evidence? Here's the information that I have about Ross's calls from crime scene:

1) To LH - lasted around 14 seconds
2) Short call to LAA
3) Long call to LAA - began at 4:25.xx and ended at 4:31.xx, Ross's phone was confiscated at 4:27.xx

I have only listened to about 95% of the evidence so it's very possible that I missed this, but I am quite surprised to hear of a fourth call from the scene.

Sorry - I have not been able to re-watch the testimony on this. Is it not the case that you cannnot directly dial the day care - you must first call the HD switch board , then enter a code or extension number? If this is correct, did Piper know the extension (or did her butt dial it, too?) :thinking:

I have a confession....before this trial began I had no idea CF even sold breakfast

And not to be superficial, but if LH is a dietician I'm a monkeys uncle.......what does she's tell her clients? Do as I say, not how my husband and I do? Who would take nutritional advice from her?

This case is just disturbing.

Those of you that are parents, can you run this CF scenario thru your mind and NOT picture your child moving or making a sound or not talking to your baby??? It's abnormal. It makes no rational sense!!

A. He was guilty, and under suspicion for killing his son, and wanted to convince LE he loved Cooper and spent more time with him than he actually did.

B. He was innocent, but under suspicion for killing Cooper, was trying to convince Stoddard he was making a mistake, and exaggerated.

C. He was innocent, under suspicion for killing Cooper, felt guilty and responsible, and was exaggerating the time spent with Cooper at CFA to......hmm. That one doesn't seem to go anywhere.

D. None of the above.

Btw- the CFA for teachers was a very occasional thing.

I pick up Chick-fil-a once or twice a week for my husband. I have rarely seen the manager working the drive-through window. I wonder how the manager knew Cooper if he usually drove through rather than taking him inside? They also really rush you through the line - actually have added 2 lines in most places and at peak times, have workers outside taking orders on a computer pad to speed the traffic along. No biggie - just an observation.

The thing is, at this point I believe this was intentional for reasons that I don't think have much to do with mistakes police made.
The biggest issues for me have to do with the proximity of RH to Cooper when he was in the car for that short drive. The fact that RH sat in car for 33 seconds before exiting and shutting the door, after reaching over to his right to get his briefcase and his drink (That's a really long time "alone" In your car - I tried it). And the short distance/time to where he "must" have forgot Cooper.
These ILLOGICAL things are the biggest factor to me. These are also things that really don't have anything to do with the police investigation - they are just facts.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on what facts are most troubling, and think that no matter how successfully the DT has shredded the State's case for malice murder overall (imo they've made mincemeat of it), if the DT can't make sense of those two things for the jury- proximity of seat & short time to forget, the jury might well convict on malice murder, putting all the rest aside as noise.

I have a confession....before this trial began I had no idea CF even sold breakfast

And not to be superficial, but if LH is a dietician I'm a monkeys uncle.......what does she's tell her clients? Do as I say, not how my husband and I do? Who would take nutritional advice from her?

This case is just disturbing.

Those of you that are parents, can you run this CF scenario thru your mind and NOT picture your child moving or making a sound or not talking to your baby??? It's abnormal. It makes no rational sense!!

I've never had kids myself but from reading here on Websleuths I find that some parents feel that all kids act exactly the same at a given age. All the way up to 25 years old.

I find that hard to believe.

I'll be the first to say, I'm not sure what the rules are for posting links/articles, but I ran across this just now:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jurors-solemn-viewing-suv-georgia-hot-car-infant/story?id=43101939

"Jurors Solemn After Viewing SUV

In the ongoing murder case against a Georgia man whose 22-month-old son died when he was left in his father's hot SUV, the jury today took a first-hand look inside the SUV.

While the jurors appeared calm during the viewing, a source says several jurors broke down crying after seeing the car and the toddler’s car seat."

(Snipped for space)

"At today's juror viewing, each juror diligently walked around the vehicle in eerie silence, first with the car doors closed, then with the driver's door open.

Jurors were not allowed to sit in the car, but most leaned in as far as they could, observing the position of the car seat in reference to where Harris sat that day.

One juror appeared to be reenacting Harris' movements from that day, walking up to the vehicle several times and making notes. Most of the jurors seemed to be focused on the red car seat where Cooper, who was 22-months-old when he died, sat in the back seat.

The vehicle viewing lasted less than 10 minutes. Attorneys from both sides, along with a detective, were present. But, Harris was absent; he requested to be excused from that part of the trial."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I've never had kids myself but from reading here on Websleuths I find that some parents feel that all kids act exactly the same at a given age. All the way up to 25 years old.

I find that hard to believe.

A 2 year old is pretty much a nonstop bundle of energy and randomness and shouting out words from their new vocabulary. They are attention *advertiser censored* who will make sure you aren't ignoring them at all costs. If you don't have children there is absolutely zero ability to understand this. ZERO.

This would be an interesting poll question. Do you find it harder to believe:
a) JRH drove from CFA to his office without knowing Cooper was in the car seat?
b) JRH drove from his office to Akers Mill Square parking lot before noticing Cooper still in the car seat?
c) Neither are hard to believe - Both times he had no idea he was there.
d) Both are hard to believe - he knew he was there both times.

This would be an interesting poll question. Do you find it harder to believe:
a) JRH drove from CFA to his office without knowing Cooper was in the car seat?
b) JRH drove from his office to Akers Mill Square parking lot before noticing Cooper still in the car seat?
c) Neither are hard to believe - Both times he had no idea he was there.
d) Both are hard to believe - he knew he was there both times.

No question....D

I'll be the first to say, I'm not sure what the rules are for posting links/articles, but I ran across this just now:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jurors-solemn-viewing-suv-georgia-hot-car-infant/story?id=43101939

In the ongoing murder case against a Georgia man whose 22-month-old son died when he was left in his father's hot SUV, the jury today took a first-hand look inside the SUV.

While the jurors appeared calm during the viewing, a source says several jurors broke down crying after seeing the car and the toddler’s car seat."
(Snipped for space)

Well there you go. It appears the State got the desired result from the car viewing. Jurors who are emotionally connected to the death of a small child and therefore not looking at the evidence in an objective manner.

JMO

A 2 year old is pretty much a nonstop bundle of energy and randomness and shouting out words from their new vocabulary. They are attention *advertiser censored* who will make sure you aren't ignoring them at all costs. If you don't have children there is absolutely zero ability to understand this. ZERO.

Yes that is so true. In addition to my children, I taught 2 year old Sunday School for 14 years. They came in between 9 and 9:30 every Sunday morning and were raring to go!

No, because many times he took Cooper through the CFA drive through, then dropped him at daycare. So I don't think it was at all unusual to turn towards the daycare.

And the baby's car seat is inches away from the drivers seat. I don't understand how he can block him out in 30 seconds when he is only a few inches away, and can be seen out of the corner of his eye when he looks to the right.

Very true. I'm 6'3" 222lb. Our daughter has a Ford Edge (similar in size to RH vehicle..Edge maybe a bit larger). I drove it a few months ago to buy her some new tires. It was not fun. You have to have the drivers seat all the way back so there's only a few inches until you hit the back seat. My legs and knees crammed in. I couldn't wait to get back and drive my nice F250 truck home. I know for a fact if there had been a car seat behind me it wouldn't be possible not to see it in that small vehicle. The car seat would have been inches away.
IMO he purposely killed his own son. IMO he's a coward who thought this was his ticket to starting his life over on his own terms. If some little joker was collateral damage then so be it. He justified it as the boy was in a "better place". He was tired of being a dad. Tired of his wife treating him as a child, making sure he did this or that task. Tired of his sneaking around in this double life. So he closed the door and walked away from his responsibilities.

(Snipped for space)

"At today's juror viewing, each juror diligently walked around the vehicle in eerie silence, first with the car doors closed, then with the driver's door open.

Jurors were not allowed to sit in the car, but most leaned in as far as they could, observing the position of the car seat in reference to where Harris sat that day.

One juror appeared to be reenacting Harris' movements from that day, walking up to the vehicle several times and making notes. Most of the jurors seemed to be focused on the red car seat where Cooper, who was 22-months-old when he died, sat in the back seat.

The vehicle viewing lasted less than 10 minutes. Attorneys from both sides, along with a detective, were present. But, Harris was absent; he requested to be excused from that part of the trial."

"Court documents indicate RH had researched child deaths in cars...." If that's all the care this "journalist" took in writing this, then I'm not going to assume he bothered to fact check his "source" for jurors' responses.

Well there you go. It appears the State got the desired result from the car viewing. Jurors who are emotionally connected to the death of a small child and therefore not looking at the evidence in an objective manner.

JMO

So only the stoic and unfeeling people should be on a jury? Good luck with that. One can mourn the loss of a child but still make educated decisions based upon evidence.

I can't believe that a 2 year old child is active and vocal nonstop 24hrs a day.

That's simply impossible.

The thing is, at this point I believe this was intentional for reasons that I don't think have much to do with mistakes police made.
The biggest issues for me have to do with the proximity of RH to Cooper when he was in the car for that short drive. The fact that RH sat in car for 33 seconds before exiting and shutting the door, after reaching over to his right to get his briefcase and his drink (That's a really long time "alone" In your car - I tried it). And the short distance/time to where he "must" have forgot Cooper.
These ILLOGICAL things are the biggest factor to me. These are also things that really don't have anything to do with the police investigation - they are just facts.
JMO

I agree on what facts are most troubling, and think that no matter how successfully the DT has shredded the State's case for malice murder overall (imo they've made mincemeat of it), if the DT can't make sense of those two things for the jury- proximity of seat & short time to forget, the jury might well convict on malice murder, putting all the rest aside as noise.

I agree with both of the above posters and think that those points establish the baseline of murder. However, on top of the proximity of Ross to Cooper, the short drive to work, and the time Ross spent in the car after parking, the numerous "coincidences" will be viewed as corroborating evidence. This is part of the reason that I believe the State trying to win minor victories at the expense of witness credibility is ridiculous. It's counter productive.

So only the stoic and unfeeling people should be on a jury? Good luck with that. One can mourn the loss of a child but still make educated decisions based upon evidence.

The reality of seeing the car and the car seat should have made them feel something. No demo or description is the same as seeing the actual item(s). I still say if they could somehow take the jurors on a field trip through the CFA parking lot, exit with a U-turn and up to that stop light - they would gasp at the
distance and most if not all would have a hard time believing his story. Just seeing a map
or watching a video isn't as powerful - but I know that won't happen in this trial. (jmo)

And the bottom line for me is - while in my gut I think it was intentional, there is always the chance I am wrong about that!! BUT, if. I'm wrong (not that I will ever know) I still think it is criminal negligence (because of how negligent he was) and I think he will not be getting out anytime soon. And that sits well with me. Hope that makes sense...
JMO

I can't believe that a 2 year old child is active and vocal nonstop 24hrs a day.

That's simply impossible.

SMH

First off I didn't say that. Secondly that child was just filled with sugar from oj and fast food and obviously wide awake as he was telling his craprastic father "school" that tells me the kid was excited and AWAKE and there was no way he fell asleep in LESS than 30 damn seconds

I have a darling, most incredibly special, the best son ever 14 year old, and his age 2 seems like just yesterday.

First-not all 2 year olds are the same; second, no child of any age is consistently anything (except themselves) ; third, two year olds aren't energizer bunnies. They do get tired, they do go to sleep, and we know for a fact Cooper arrived at daycare asleep on more than a few occasions

And last, I don't think one has to be a parent to grasp any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member