Trial - Ross Harris #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So only the stoic and unfeeling people should be on a jury? Good luck with that. One can mourn the loss of a child but still make educated decisions based upon evidence.

I think the State did a good job in getting the jury to view the car. It will definitely influence their decision in this case.

But I also stand by the fact that emotions can cloud judgement. Looks like we have to agree to disagree on that.

How would ya'll feel if a day care worker had done the same thing? Same internet history, same hook up history? Just because he was
Cooper's dad, doesn't excuse his behavior.

Hmm. I have a darling, most incredibly special, the best son ever 14 year old, and his age 2 seems like just yesterday.

First-not all 2 year olds are the same; second, no child of any age is consistently anything (except themselves) ; third, two year olds aren't energizer bunnies. They do get tired, they do go to sleep, and we know for a fact Cooper arrived at daycare asleep on more than a few occasions

And last, I don't think one has to be a parent to grasp any of that.

Yes but that is because the route from the house was over 20 minutes!! Apparently they'd never fed the kid breakfast and just threw him in the car every day probably still half asleep. This was apparently some huge treat to go INSIDE CF so it would have been exciting and new etc. I'm sorry but to fall asleep after that all In less than 30 seconds? I have some swamp land to sell you.

Hmm. I have a darling, most incredibly special, the best son ever 14 year old, and his age 2 seems like just yesterday.

First-not all 2 year olds are the same; second, no child of any age is consistently anything (except themselves) ; third, two year olds aren't energizer bunnies. They do get tired, they do go to sleep, and we know for a fact Cooper arrived at daycare asleep on more than a few occasions

And last, I don't think one has to be a parent to grasp any of that.

Thanks. I always like to be honest and tell people that I never had kids of my own. That doesn't mean that I've never observed the actions of my nephews and nieces or other children.

One thing I do know is that there are never absolutes in these cases. There are always variables to consider. JMO

I can't believe that a 2 year old child is active and vocal nonstop 24hrs a day.

That's simply impossible.

Of course not 24 hrs a day. But it was 9 am. He had just had OJ and potatoes. He said SCHOOL ---so he knew he was going to play with his friends. I think he would be making noises, pointing and moving his arms around unless he fell instantly to sleep.

And maybe he did. It would have had to happen within 30 seconds though. Pretty tight timeline/ But even if he did happen to fall fast asleep immediately, he still was only inches away from the drivers seat.

"Court documents indicate RH had researched child deaths in cars...." If that's all the care this "journalist" took in writing this, then I'm not going to assume he bothered to fact check his "source" for jurors' responses.

TRUE, lol.

But I have a feeling that there was some evidence of that kind of reaction by the jurors---otherwise the DT would not have reacted the way they did---calling it a total DISASTER and demanding a mistrial, more than once and quite adamantly.

How would ya'll feel if a day care worker had done the same thing? Same internet history, same hook up history? Just because he was

Same thing as in sexting and prostitutes or the same thing as in leaving a 2 year old child in a car to die?

The sex life of a daycare worker is nobodies business. I would think that leaving a 2 year old in a car to die would cause an employment problem. JMO

So true.

If a day care worker or a childcare van driver had left a child in the car to die, and had been sexting/texting during that time the child was forgotten and dying in the car---absolutely convicted of negligent homicide at the very least---especially if he had been texting about hating his job and needing a break from the kids.

Same thing as in sexting and prostitutes or the same thing as in leaving a 2 year old child in a car to die?

The sex life of a daycare worker is nobodies business. I would think that leaving a 2 year old in a car to die would cause an employment problem. JMO

If a day care worker accidentally left a child in the car, but was in the center with the other children, doing their work, and had truly made an awful mistake, because of a miscommunication, or because they forgot the sleeping child in the last row, and had been fatigued and over worked and was stressed from some personal crisis etc---then maybe they would be given the benefit of the doubt. Fired for sure, but probably no jail time.

However if that same worker had been sitting in the van sexting a minor, and texting/sexting all day, while the child fried to death, and texted how much they needed an escape from the kids---GUILTY VERDICT, imo.

Of course not 24 hrs a day. But it was 9 am. He had just had OJ and potatoes. He said SCHOOL ---so he knew he was going to play with his friends. I think he would be making noises, pointing and moving his arms around unless he fell instantly to sleep.

And maybe he did. It would have had to happen within 30 seconds though. Pretty tight timeline/ But even if he did happen to fall fast asleep immediately, he still was only inches away from the drivers seat.

I can't hang a guilty verdict on a maybe he was awake or maybe he wasn't. Or RH should have (fill in the blank) because the carseat was close. Sorry I can't do it. I need more.

I have reasonable doubt.

Hey... found out about the other 8 charges from March of this year. You were correct, on that. So regardless of this trial there will be another trial. Interesting interview with Phil H and Cathy from Courtchatter.

Cathy said the doll will not be in the car seat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzsQdG5fY4&feature=youtu.be

Thank you so much for sharing. This is one of the best "media" reports that I have seen. I had never listened to Phil H before tonight, and I found myself nodding with him in agreement on several points. IMO the most interesting parts were right around minute 55, where Phil H makes a point about overlooking the mounting coincidences, and at the 1 hr, 18 min mark where he is talking about Ross's chosen route to the theater.

The thing is, at this point I believe this was intentional for reasons that I don't think have much to do with mistakes police made.
The biggest issues for me have to do with the proximity of RH to Cooper when he was in the car for that short drive. The fact that RH sat in car for 33 seconds before exiting and shutting the door, after reaching over to his right to get his briefcase and his drink (That's a really long time "alone" In your car - I tried it). And the short distance/time to where he "must" have forgot Cooper.

ETA- also, meant to add that the other thing that defies logic to me in addition to what I listed above, is that RH got into his vehicle that had been heating up his now dead child for 7 hours and we are to believe that he did NOT notice anything... Smell (YES, I think there would be a smell and not because any of the LE said so) of hot urine, sweaty child, something. And that he got into the vehicle, put his briefcase on the passenger side floor, (possibly moved the lightbulbs from the driver seat to the passenger seat) got his big frame into that car WITHOUT his eyeballs traveling just a BIT to the right??

These ILLOGICAL things are the biggest factor to me. These are also things that really don't have anything to do with the police investigation - they are just facts.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to repost the above because I forgot to mention one of the biggest issues that push me towards this being intentional and added it in under ETA above.
My response had been regarding the police misconduct that many feel is bad for the state's case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a day care worker accidentally left a child in the car, but was in the center with the other children, doing their work, and had truly made an awful mistake, because of a miscommunication, or because they forgot the sleeping child in the last row, and had been fatigued and over worked and was stressed from some personal crisis etc---then maybe they would be given the benefit of the doubt. Fired for sure, but probably no jail time.

However if that same worker had been sitting in the van sexting a minor, and texting/sexting all day, while the child fried to death, and texted how much they needed an escape from the kids---GUILTY VERDICT, imo.

So sexting is what makes this case a crime and not an accident.

TRUE, lol.

But I have a feeling that there was some evidence of that kind of reaction by the jurors---otherwise the DT would not have reacted the way they did---calling it a total DISASTER and demanding a mistrial, more than once and quite adamantly.

Perhaps, and even likely, a few jurors cried. They were looking at the precise place where a beautiful baby had died a horrible death, and God help them, they have been forced to see autopsy photos and to have been subjected to this trial for weeks without being able to share their thoughts or emotions about it with anyone.

I suspect Kilgore knows all that better than we do, and has objected for that reason as well as others . But.. it's also true it was his job to ask for a mistrial, again for many reasons, at least most unrelated to how jurors reacted. Jmo

Yes but that is because the route from the house was over 20 minutes!! Apparently they'd never fed the kid breakfast and just threw him in the car every day probably still half asleep. This was apparently some huge treat to go INSIDE CF so it would have been exciting and new etc. I'm sorry but to fall asleep after that all In less than 30 seconds? I have some swamp land to sell you.

No thanks on the swamp land. But here are a few facts for free- 30 seconds isn't the timeframe for when Cooper could have fallen asleep, and asleep isn't the only possible reason why RH might not have heard him.

9:18. Walking out of CFA.

9:24. Reaching intersection.

Time U-turn to intersection- 30 seconds (iirc the average correctly).

No thanks on the swamp land. But here are a few facts for free- 30 seconds isn't the timeframe for when Cooper could have fallen asleep, and asleep isn't the only possible reason why RH might not have heard him.

9:18. Walking out of CFA.

9:24. Reaching intersection.

Time U-turn to intersection- 30 seconds (iirc the average correctly).

Did RH have the radio on in the car? That could have masked any sounds coming from Cooper.

However, Ross's drive did not normally start with buckling Cooper into his car seat. If I am being honest, I don't believe that Ross had any time to turn on autopilot. As soon as he turns out of CFA, he needs to be thinking about positioning his car to get get in the turn lane for LAA. Aside from my personal experience with that area, this was entered into evidence by Ross's friends.

I will wait to hear Dr. Diamond's testimony to see how it applies to this case. However, I am familiar with his work, and Ross's behavior and actions from June 18 don't fit into his FBS mold. Of course, as a paid expert, he will try to make the case as convincing as possible.

I don't like Stoddard either, and I think that LE should be ashamed of the way this case has been handled. I strongly believe that LE did proceed in the investigation with a strong confirmation bias. No disagreement from me on those points.. Perjury charges should be considered, but that should be addressed through the appropriate avenue.

However, I do not believe that LE targeted an innocent man and have charged him with crimes he did not commit. There could be a case made that Ross was overcharged with malice murder, but I think that there is enough evidence that the jury will consider convicting JRH on all charges (subject to change based on the DT's witnesses). IMO the text messaging history, both the content and the timing, establish the criminal negligence required for felony murder. The text messages themselves also spell out a possible motive - no more Cooper = no more Leanna = free Ross. While we were unable to hear the minors testify about Ross's sexual charges, I have not heard the DT publicly repudiate those charges. In fact, we know that Kilgore's cross on the first underage victim lasted mere minutes.

During the time that this forum was dead (between the change of venue being granted and the trial starting in October), I repeatedly communicated to my pretrial people my concern that Stoddard would be compared to Mark Furham. I said that the was the only chance that Ross had of being found not guilty on all charges related to Cooper Harris. And here we are. It angers me in ways that I care not to enumerate.

I don't think he is innocent either, my point was what if he HAD been? And what if the next guy Stoddard dislikes for some random reason is innocent but he can't see it because his intense dislike gives him tunnel vision? And he has no business having power over people if he can't be objective and let the evidence say who did it.

Some people have compromised tear ducts for crying out loud!! Again not that RH does, this is just an example of why someone might not be crying in that situation.

Did RH have the radio on in the car? That could have masked any sounds coming from Cooper.

No way of knowing. But that's one possibility, as is Cooper being quiet then falling asleep, among other possibilities.

TRUE, lol.

This case works best for the DT when they can point fingers at others' shortcomings, and quite frankly, the DT has done a fantastic job of that. However, whenever this case drifts back to the underlying facts and circumstances, it favors the State. The DT has been handed an unlikable defendant who engaged in appalling behavior, and there is only do much masking that the DT can do.

Peach- Stoddard is no Mark Furman, but iMo it is impossible to have been paying close attention to pretrial and trial and not acknowledge the fact he has waltzed right up to that fine line between truth and disception/dishonesty on innumerable occasions, and crossed over more than once.

If the jury acquits RH on all counts (highly unlikely, imo) Stoddard will be the person who made that possible.

(Point fingers at shortcomings?! No, expose false, misleading, and manipulated evidence and testimony and otherwise raise reasonable doubt).

Time for zzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member