Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIR he was in jail at the time.

Sorry, SA - I hadn't read on as far as your post when I posted.

:blushing:

I get my information from MSM. And i have read articles about Hillsley living with his sister, and the article i posted upthread, that the abuse of those children had been ongoing by the sound of it. Some of these articles contradict each other, so it can't be both ways, and what are we supposed to believe?
I have also read where the FM says WT was only out of sight for around 5 mins. or just a few minutes yet i have also read 20-25 mins. So what is the actual truth?

I get my information from MSM. And i have read articles about Hillsley living with his sister, and the article i posted upthread, that the abuse of those children had been ongoing by the sound of it. Some of these articles contradict each other, so it can't be both ways, and what are we supposed to believe?
I have also read where the FM says WT was only out of sight for around 5 mins. or just a few minutes yet i have also read 20-25 mins. So what is the actual truth?

It is not the articles, Karinna. The prosecutor has stated Hillsley was in jail at the time of these particular attacks. The prosecutor has access to the jail records and criminal history. These records can be verified by the Judge. I don't believe the prosecutor is going to lie about that.

If Hillsley has also abused these girls, it was evidently not at that particular time.

It is not the articles, Karinna. The prosecutor has stated Hillsley was in jail at the time of these particular attacks. The prosecutor has access to the jail records and criminal history. These records can be verified by the Judge. I don't believe the prosecutor is going to lie about that.

If Hillsley has also abused these girls, it was evidently not at that particular time.

Crown prosecutor Rose Sharma said Hillsley was in prison on other offences around the time the assaults on the three and six-year-old girls occurred. Hillsley was never charged over these allegations.

Mr O'Brien said that while medical evidence suggested the victims were abused in the first half 1987, it didn't show exactly when the abuse happened.
But Mr O'Brien said there had been a 'thorough police investigation' of Mr Spedding back in the late 1980s and he hadn't been charged.

So we will just have to wait and see what the jury decides on the matter of innocence or guilt.
And if there was such a thorough investigation done, it wasn't too thorough if 30 years later they have had to re charge him again. Doesn't make sense IMO.

The Prosecutor also works for the State and BS has his Lawyer representing him, so i would imagine they both have the same information on the historic charges.
So it will get hashed out in Court and either way it goes will have to wait on the determination by the Jury.

I wonder when Thread #26 will be started ???

.....and still no William.....:tantrum: :banghead: :pullhair::tears::waiting:

During a bail application before the NSW Supreme Court on Wednesday, Mr Spedding's defence argued his alleged victims may have come into contact with his former brother-in-law and convicted killer Jeffrey John Hillsley.

A decision about whether Mr Spedding will be granted bail is expected to be made on Friday.
Mr O'Brien argued that one of the victims suffered an injury that could have been suffered months prior. He also argued that Mr Spedding's alleged victims had been "coached" and "tutored" into naming him as their attacker.

Hillsley had previously served jail time for sex offences against three young girls.
Mr O'Brien argued that one of the victims suffered an injury that could have been suffered months prior. He also argued that Mr Spedding's alleged victims had been "coached" and "tutored" into naming him as their attacker.

Hillsley had previously served jail time for sex offences against three young girls.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...dering-rapist-court-told-20150614-ghnx8h.html

Defence lawyer Peter O'Brien told the court Hillsley, who had been convicted of abducting and indecently assaulting a five-year-old, had lived at home with Spedding's alleged victims in January 1987.
Spedding is accused of sexually assaulting the two girls, aged three and six, in a caravan at Campbelltown in April/May 1987.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...dering-rapist-court-told-20150614-ghnx8h.html

6 June 1984 - JH goaled.
19 Dec 1986 - released
29 Jan 1987 - parole revoked

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...1992/39.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=hillsley

Spedding, 65, is facing seven charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...l-spedding-will-try-to-stop-nsw-trial/7669984

Crown prosecutor Rose Sharma said Hillsley was in prison on other offences around the time the assaults on the three and six-year-old girls occurred. Hillsley was never charged over these allegations.

Mr O'Brien said that while medical evidence suggested the victims were abused in the first half 1987, it didn't show exactly when the abuse happened.
But Mr O'Brien said there had been a 'thorough police investigation' of Mr Spedding back in the late 1980s and he hadn't been charged.

So we will just have to wait and see what the jury decides on the matter of innocence or guilt.
And if there was such a thorough investigation done, it wasn't too thorough if 30 years later they have had to re charge him again. Doesn't make sense IMO.

I would not expect that BS defense would have said anything other than a thorough investigation had taken place near 3 decades ago.
Maybe it was not as thorough as it could or should have been.
imo

Weren't Speddo's grandchildren taken away from him too, around the same time he was charged with these offences? Did we ever hear anything more about that? Was there any evidence that he had harmed them, did he get them back and if not, could he get them back if found not guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA