IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would beg to differ a bit on the location description. Approach it with all logic. Do a google map search and see for yourself. The location, while not "creepy" per se, IS in fact isolated. We have hiked the trails in Delphi. I don't know how to say this without sounding judgemental, but it's very much a blue collar area. I know that most folks, there, are hard working, good people (central IN is on the cusp of the bible belt; LOTS of God fearing people here with solid hoosier hospitality in them), but there's also a notable "element", more obvious in some IN towns than others. We feel the need to be cautious when hiking, and aware of our surroundings. Even some of the trails that are closer to town end up further isolated as you continue on them. My impression, from time spent hiking there, is that it IS isolated, and while a natural (meaning in nature) setting, it's also a vulnerable and somewhat isolated setting, too. The trails are obviously much more heavily traveled in summer, so the time of year only adds to the risk. FWIW.

Thank you! It's always so helpful to hear from those who have been there and actually know the area. Appreciate it! This is total curiosity not suggesting how anything happened but considering where the area is, if someone were to yell/scream do you think it would travel far enough to be heard from the bridge?

Frustrations are getting high....this is the reason the thread is being shut down at night all. PLEASE, eliminate your emotions toward one another and focus it toward the case in helping find justice for Libby and Abby.
❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Come on guys....your going to get the thread shut down again...that is not fair to Libby and Abby.

Please notify a mod if you have a problem with another sleuther.

Does anyone know how many barns and outhouses are on RL's property? It's entirely possible LE found articles of clothing from the girls hidden somewhere on his property. Maybe they found Abby's phone in a barn or something.

MOO, but maybe someone used RL's property as a basecamp for this gruesome murder.

Here's a bird's-eye view of buildings:

attachment.php

Attachments

• RL 2-2012b.jpg
    RL 2-2012b.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 571
Did anyone ever clear up why the obituary for Abigail lists her death on Feb. 14 instead of Feb. 13? It makes me ill to think that poor baby was out there all night still hanging on. It also makes me ill to think that maybe she was taken elsewhere alone and then brought back to the spot where she was found. I cannot come to grips with the evil that exists in this world and the terror these girls experienced.

So the service road under the bridge later feeds into the main road. Is that right?

And then that main road leads to Abby's house. Just seeing if I have the facts correct.

I have been trying to get people's attention to this, but haven't gotten any interest here. I have been talking about N265W, no matter whether it changes names or becomes a private road, as key to this case. Looking at maps online, I wouldn't be able to tell when and if N265W turns into a private drive or there is a name change which is why I didn't specify just "N265W". It looks like it ends at the river and then a private road turns east and maybe even be an as-yet named county road. I don't know if the road keeps its N265W designation once it turns east. But it is impossible for me to see the small text on the maps, so I couldn't tell. There is no doubt in my mind that a trail through those woods north of and along this road exists. One may call it a tributary, if one were so inclined.

We have all operated under the assumption that the girls entered the trail system at the main entrance where we see the wooden sign. Recently, we are talking of the news that they were dropped off at a tributary to the trails. We don't know where this particular tributary is located. Nothing specific has been released about the location of the drop off point but we do know that the main entrance is not a tributary.

The bodies were only 50 feet from the river. My living room is 60'. I could drag a body across it. Not a big body, not one bigger than me and no, it isn't uphill, but I am not a grown man either.

I have a suspicion that all of this started on N265W and whatever it becomes as it turns east.

I totally agree. I have stared at that picture and that upper thigh area looks brushed moo

I agree it looks that way, but on the other photo, where that area is on his leg there is nothing, and no evidence of anything being blurred out. So I am on the fence about it.

It has been brought to my attention by a helpful sleuth that Sgts. Slocum, Riley, and Perrine are not detectives. They are all PIO guys. So, I stand corrected. They are just PR guys. I guess we can all make of that what we want.

I think I will put more weight on statements made by Sheriff Leazenby and DA Ives.

I always learn something new on WS! Indiana LE is not the same as other states with their titles apparently.

Did anyone ever clear up why the obituary for Abigail lists her death on Feb. 14 instead of Feb. 13? It makes me ill to think that poor baby was out there all night still hanging on. It also makes me ill to think that maybe she was taken elsewhere alone and then brought back to the spot where she was found. I cannot come to grips with the evil that exists in this world and the terror these girls experienced.

Nothing definitive. JMO and many others that it may have merely been a matter of one family choosing the date that their child was found. Certainly LE is never going to give any information like that.

I know pictures are not popular with some posters here, but I know of at least one case they helped in, so I'm going to post this.

A little background...The picture was posted here earlier today, and I believe it was taken a few days before the prep killed those 2 beautiful girls. Credit for the original picture goes to the original poster (sorry, I don't remember who posted it this morning)

I saved the pic to my computer and then used Microsoft Picture Manager to lighten the picture then save, lighten again and then save and so on and so on.

In my humble opinion, I think there is a guy standing where I outlined. If that is the case, could this be a drifter?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• C4oTUOvWYAAqkhb2.jpg
    C4oTUOvWYAAqkhb2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 670
  • C4oTUOvWYAAqkhb.jpg
    C4oTUOvWYAAqkhb.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 669
Nothing definitive. JMO and many others that it may have merely been a matter of one family choosing the date that their child was found. Certainly LE is never going to give any information like that.
To tag a bit on this....does anyone know how soon a death certificate becomes public record? I would assume that it would be held during an active investigation but I honestly do not know. Any Indiana legal types in the house?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I know pictures are not popular with some posters here, but I know of at least one case they helped in, so I'm going to post this.

A little background...The picture was posted here earlier today, and I believe it was taken a few days before the prep killed those 2 beautiful girls. Credit for the original picture goes to the original poster (sorry, I don't remember who posted it this morning)

I saved the pic to my computer and then used Microsoft Picture Manager to lighten the picture then save, lighten again and then save and so on and so on.

In my humble opinion, I think there is a guy standing where I outlined. If that is the case, could this be a drifter?
attachment.php

attachment.php
It looks like a stormtrooper. I hate my eyes..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

attachment.php

attachment.php
I'm not sure if I am seeing a man really there, but it certainly does resemble a camouflage dressed individual....

Good observation and use of editing techniques. 🖒 It would certainly add a new twist to the theories that this was in fact a very well-planned, premeditated attack...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It has been brought to my attention by a helpful sleuth that Sgts. Slocum, Riley, and Perrine are not detectives. They are all PIO guys. So, I stand corrected. They are just PR guys. I guess we can all make of that what we want.

I think I will put more weight on statements made by Sheriff Leazenby and DA Ives.

I always learn something new on WS! Indiana LE is not the same as other states with their titles apparently.
Yes but whatever info they put out to the public is carefully scrutinized and then approved by the higher ups or the Supt. Of police. Also to get to be a PIO you must be a highly qualified officer . I bet they have been patrol officers, detectives before the PIO title was given.

Lucy Hubbard, Abby’s great-aunt, lives in West Michigan. Hubbard’s brother, Cliff, is Abby’s grandfather. She said the two of them had a very special bond.

“She was a special little girl, and she had a grandpa that dearly loved her,” said Hubbard.

Hubbard said Cliff also lives in Michigan but would go down to Indiana and visit Abby often, and was with her the weekend before she went missing.

"She called and said, ‘Grandpa, I’ve signed up to play ball, and I need some equipment,” said Hubbard. “So Cliff took the day off work and went down to Delphi [and] took her shopping.”

Liberty’s grandfather said the two girls played softball together and were practicing in the backyard the day before they went missing.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-for-first-time-she-was-a-special-little-girl

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes, there does appear to be someone standing there, in light-colored clothing.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member