Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partnering with Feds... I guess that means they don't know who did it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe. But the Feds have resources and capabilities, like profiling or maybe evidence analysis, that smaller, local departments might not. So they can help solidify a case or ensure the smaller department is correct, or assist in getting a suspect to confess, or get evidence ready for trial, etc.

If it were a group of kids from the complex I would think at least one of them would have broke by now and confessed, especially if they were being questioned by homicide detectives.

[video=twitter;878764953385226241]https://twitter.com/HomaBashNBC5/status/878764953385226241[/video]

They are still waiting for cause and manner of death. Apparently the ME has still not ruled this a homicide.

If it were a group of kids from the complex I would think at least one of them would have broke by now and confessed, especially if they were being questioned by homicide detectives.

We honestly don't know that they haven't yet. Might be something else LE is holding back, or because of ages of the perps.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

I am not sure LE did anything wrong. They took the report. They were not told that she was thought to be in danger. They were told she left the dog. And they are seeking outside help to get it right. I don't think they are total yahoos, even if not experienced in murders. They likely have officers who have worked major crimes at some point. I am not convinced she was murdered yet, but they are investigating it as such in case she was. But if no one knows how she died, and if (just guessing) her clothing was intact, etc...it is possible that body disposal is the crime here. We just dn't know, and seemingly, neither do they. Jmo

Strange that they list the date of death as 6/21. That was the day she was found. If they don't have autopsy report how can they possibly know the date of death? That seems really strange.

Missing persons almost always have date of death as the day they were found deceased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, IMO, the Bedford Police Dept. has no experience in dealing with this type situation. They are probably in as much in shock as the rest of us. I stated in a previous comment that I had lived in Bedford since 1996. Actually it has been much longer. I first moved to Bedford in 1977 & stayed until 1989. I left briefly from 1989 until 1996 & then came back. It IS my home & this situation is very unusual. Please believe me. It is very unusual & I don't blame the police at all for not knowing the right things to say. They are very likely as stunned as the rest of the citizens here.

I lived in Euless a long time ago and Bedford was always the best of the HEB. Bedford was the place Euless and Hurst wanted to be. They had better schools and just nicer overall. I don't have a point really just saying I totally understand your point here.

I find the statements odd throughout this ordeal and why I don't trust them now. I'm not even bothered by the no Amber Alert because I do understand those technicalities.

#1 From the beginning of missing alert, LE stated they didn't feel she was in danger. WTH would they say that apparently having no clue as to her whereabouts whether with a friend, family, or abducted and probably already murdered by that time. Very careless wording. A missing person is and can always be in danger!

#2 We have the not related statement of the landfill and Kaytlynn missing when they clearly were on scene and knew it was.

#3 We finally get announcement and wait on PC, only to clearly be all about their very questionable actions or lack thereof and nothing much about the circumstances or victim.

#4 We have telling the community they are not calling this a murder investigation, there are no dangerous perps out there, and there is no COD as of yet as well as no trauma when the majority of the public can clearly see the blatant lies.

This is not a way to get your community to work with you nor trust you. Too many holes and terrible wording, IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this story in the news for a long time to come by angered family members and residents for how it's been handled. This case is spreading widely and will no doubt attract big attention. I'd rather LE say we can't release those details due to an open investigation than to bullcrap around like they have on this case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

you know, I think you're right.. a call should be announced to all city residents.. "were you in that area around that time?" "anyone acting different or change their appearance?" "anyone leave town?"..

I see from another post that Bedford Police are getting assistance from Arlington PD. Arlington, being a university town, gets to deal with all kind of things. They are extremely experienced!!

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but they also had experience with the Amber Hagerman case. I grew up in the area and Amber's body was found less than a mile from my home. My heart hurts for all of those who knew and loved Kaytlynn.

They are still waiting for cause and manner of death. Apparently the ME has still not ruled this a homicide.

I read in an earlier article that LE was there for the autopsy. My guess is they know but like they've stated, "they haven't received the report yet." Maybe they have other reasons for not releasing the COD or MOD to the public.

I'm thinking the key lies in why she left the dog ..to go where? meet who? do what?..
There is still a chance DNA could be found.

Ok but why pretty immediately (about an hour after finding the dog) call the police and report her missing? Why not call all her friends first? Why were they so very worried?

I find the speed with which she was reported missing to be in stark contrast to LE's initially almost nonchalant approach to the situation. The parents seemed to be very worried (and as it turned out, sadly, rightly so), but LE was not.

Just a thought... Friends say she went off with a friend from school but they did not personally know that person so they did not know where the friend lived etc. They may have wanted to get LE involved so that they can help find the friend. Once LE are involved they would be able to get in touch with school district and track down friend.

I'm thinking the key lies in why she left the dog ..to go where? meet who? do what?..
There is still a chance DNA could be found.

I still question whether she left her dog willingly. If it's a pup it may not care who is taking care of it as opposed to a dog she's had for a while. My dog is uber protective of me even with my kids and husband. It kind of goes back to my thoughts that her "friends" which I believe are just neighbor kids have conflicting stories. Moo

friend from school? where did that info come from?

Just a thought... Friends say she went off with a friend from school but they did not personally know that person so they did not know where the friend lived etc. They may have wanted to get LE involved so that they can help find the friend. Once LE are involved they would be able to get in touch with school district and track down friend.

Where was this stated?

Where was this stated?

I think this was a MOO based on "just a thought" sometimes we get to rolling on our thoughts and forget to add that it's just an opinion. MOOoOOo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member