WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 Jun 2007 #2

I was trying to figure that out. If he was accepted into the the graduate program in 2002, then he may have been in his early to mid twenties. This would mean he was in his mid to late twenties at the time of Kelly's homicide.

Is the Marino homicide still open? The author was suggesting that the guy arrested and charged was framed, correct?

The suspect was the head of a charity organization at one point. If that's public information, maybe that would be a way to figure out who he might be.

Adam Peterson pled guilty to the Marino murder. I believe the author was suggesting that Peterson was framed by the subject of the blog, who himself had written an anonymous article suggesting what happened in the Marino murder. An anonymous article written about a guy who wrote an anonymous article.

http://isthmus.com/downloads/29542/download/MPD%20Criminal%20Complaint%20re%20Adam%20Peterson%20062708.pdf?cb=65d827abb0811d9f50de96b43dd1a401

I would suppose a list of former editors and some research would produce a name.

https://concernedcitizen912.wordpress.com/

My suspect was the head of a charity organization called “The Street Pulse” a newspaper that works directly with Madison’s homeless community.

Adam Peterson pled guilty to the Marino murder. I believe the author was suggesting that Peterson was framed by the subject of the blog, who himself had written an anonymous article suggesting what happened in the Marino murder. An anonymous article written about a guy who wrote an anonymous article.

http://isthmus.com/downloads/29542/download/MPD%20Criminal%20Complaint%20re%20Adam%20Peterson%20062708.pdf?cb=65d827abb0811d9f50de96b43dd1a401

I would suppose a list of former editors and some research would produce a name.

https://concernedcitizen912.wordpress.com/

Thank you for clarifying!

While anything is possible, it seems highly unlikely that the alleged suspect would be able to frame someone else for murder in such a perfect manner. However, they said that the murder of Joel Marino is not related to some of the other unsolved Madison cases so it wouldn't completely rule out this suspect.

Good catch on the neighbor, adds more uncertainty to the theory.

This case has always bugged me. For awhile they would revisit it yearly on the news, but I haven't seen or heard anything recently. I first started reading these forums looking for information on this years ago. I was always surprised that no information was leaked on this....something usually comes out when years go by and it doesn't get solved.

Th graduate student mentioned in the Jovin murder was a red herring. The guy was paranoid and thought he was the killer. He was not. I'm glad you read my blog.

While anything is possible, it seems highly unlikely that the alleged suspect would be able to frame someone else for murder in such a perfect manner. However, they said that the murder of Joel Marino is not related to some of the other unsolved Madison cases so it wouldn't completely rule out this suspect.

I sent my blog to a reporter at the Marshfield herald last month. He shared it with the family of Brittany Zimmermann, they demanded a DNA test done on my suspect, and it came up positive. Game over. Busted. I wasn't so sure when I first wrote the blog but after the news last week I'm saying it loud and proud;
https://concernedcitizen912.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/madison-murder-mystery/

I sent my blog to a reporter at the Marshfield herald last month. He shared it with the family of Brittany Zimmermann, they demanded a DNA test done on my suspect, and it came up positive. Game over. Busted. I wasn't so sure when I first wrote the blog but after the news last week I'm saying it loud and proud;

I believe I read a Madison newspaper article that stated a black male was seen running near the scene of the Zimmerman murder.

Also, are you stating that this "journalist" used items taken from Peterson's apartment by this homeless person named "Bruce" in order to frame "Bruce" for Zimmerman's murder and that "Bruce" was the fourth unidentified person involved in the burglary at the Blue Moon Bar and Grill?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?62895-WI-Brittany-Zimmermann-21-Madison-2-April-2008

Also, Nolan was found on land owned by Eleanor Killerlain off of Schneider Road. She was 84. Are you stating that she worked with the killer at UW-Madison at one time?

You also state in post #304 that the graduate student was a red herring, yet in your blog you state that he's the killer. Could you clarify those conflicting statements?

Th graduate student mentioned in the Jovin murder was a red herring. The guy was paranoid and thought he was the killer. He was not. I'm glad you read my blog.

This man, who I believe is a killer, was accepted to the University of Wisconsin to attend graduate school. He moved to Madison in 2002. He studied journalism, was a teachers assistant and a tutor for struggling undergrads.

It appears that the killer in the Nolan case changed the manner in which he killed her from the other murders.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?52025-WI-Kelly-Nolan-22-Madison-23-June-2007-2&p=11935056#post11935056

And if they could determine from a distance that the victim obviously was slain and she died from “homicidal violence,” “including blunt force trauma of torso with fractures,” and "yet another crime occurred there" (there) being where she was found, then it must have been something way out of the ordinary and possibly staged.

True, I am anonymous, but there are plenty of anonymous authors around here. Sometimes I wonder if the killer himself has been here, leaving comments. It gives me the creeps.

The Marino murder IS connected. It was Suzanne Jovin (on the campus of Yale University in 98'), Kelly Nolan, Joel Marino and then Brittany Zimmermann. They are all related.

The graduate student mentioned in the Jovin murder was a red herring. The guy was paranoid and thought he was the killer. He was not. I'm glad you read my blog. concernedcitizen912

I assume you were referring to this William (Billy) (below) and not William C. Workman, as I had thought before?

12/08/12 New Haven Register:

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20121208/tips-in-1998-slaying-of-yale-student-suzanne-jovin-focus-on-mentally-disturbed-grad-student?viewmode=fullstory

"Authorities investigating the slaying of Yale University undergraduate Suzanne Jovin, which occurred 14 years ago this month, have recently looked into tips from several New Haven-area residents that a mentally disturbed Yale graduate student might have been the killer.

But even if this man were the one police have long sought, he could never be arrested nor put on trial: he died earlier this year in a bizarre way on Interstate 95 in what could have been a suicide.

Because the man was never charged in the Jovin slaying nor named by police as a suspect, the Register will not reveal his name. We will simply call him "Billy."

The 10th anniversary of Kelly Nolan's murder was last week. Her family and the Madison Police dep. renewed their request for help from the public. (See link at bottom).

It is so sad that her case has gone so cold. I can understand why the police are reluctant to release any details that only the killer might know. But at the same time, authorities have been so tight lipped that any potential witnesses are unlikely to realize the value of whatever info they might possess. Reiterating the same vague hints or details that they provided 10 years ago isn't likely to trigger any new memories -especially from a population of former undergrads who have since scattered across the state and country. MPD's strategy has failed to find her killer and they don't seem interested in changing their approach.

In 2007-2008, I lived 2 blocks from Kelly's West Mifflin apartment and 5 blocks from Brittany Zimmermann's West Doty house. Students in the neighborhood were beside themselves with fear, myself included. I'm relieved that Brittany's parents spoke out about the DNA test results as Madison residents can finally attach a face to her killer. It might not bring him to justice, but we can better identify the threat.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_fb6bef55-07db-539f-84e8-8e217c001a1e.html

From the article that I posted, "DeSpain said witness accounts have Nolan last being seen on the 500 block of State Street between 2:20 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. on that Saturday. "

This detail makes no sense when lined up with the 2007 reports. Early in the investigation, it was reported that Kelly left the Lava Lounge with an Amy's Cafe employee. The Amy's Cafe worker was going to walk her back to her West Mifflin apartment, but they encountered a friend of Kelly who offered to accompany her instead. Why did Kelly and her Amy Cafe's "guardian" go to State Street? That is in the opposite direction of her apartment.

The U of Illinois grad student who abducted (and probably killed) Yingying Zhang in Urbana, IL was a graduate of UW-Madison. He is 28 now and would have been 18 when Kelly Nolan was murdered. I don't know if he was in Madison during the summer of 2007, but it is worth looking into.

Thanks for the reminder of the anniversary Madison. I was no longer living in Madison when Kelly died, but I have always felt drawn to her case and hopeful it would be solved.

RIP Kelly, may your killer be found and put to justice soon!

The U of Illinois grad student who abducted (and probably killed) Yingying Zhang in Urbana, IL was a graduate of UW-Madison. He is 28 now and would have been 18 when Kelly Nolan was murdered. I don't know if he was in Madison during the summer of 2007, but it is worth looking into.

:goodpost:

Yep, came here looking for missing women in Madison...bet the FBI already is....

Greetings kittycat3. I'm still here in Madison, hence the username.

I'm not as optimistic about Kelly's case being solved. The police were not quick enough to secure pertinent video surveillance tapes after she disappeared. Plus the condition of her body (found outdoors and badly decomposed) makes DNA extraction really difficult. Hopefully, someone will confess.

The MPD have gotten much better at solving murders since the 2007-2008 trio of high profile cases. The omnipresence of surveillance cameras has certainly helped.

Were you here during any of the other unsolved local homicides? Christine Rothschild, Donna Mraz, Charise Kamps? Unfortunately, Kamps' case has returned to the "unsolved" pile after Armstrong had his conviction thrown out.

Hi MadisonS, no I wasn't there during those crimes either, had to google them all. I lived in Madtown in the mid- to late 90s.

What struck me about Kelly's case was that it could have happened to me or a countless number of friends while we were at UW. We all drank excessively and tended to make bad decisions and / or lost track of each other when under the influence. I hated the media and public fixation on Kelly's past - I can't recall if she had a DUI or minor consumption tickets or what specifically, but regardless, a history of drinking did not mean that she was at fault for what happened to her.
I agree that her case seems hopeless now that so many years have passed, but I still have a sliver of hope this can be solved someday. Somebody knows something and perhaps one day they will feel the need to unburden themselves with it and / or give Kelly's family some peace.

Hi MadisonS, no I wasn't there during those crimes either, had to google them all. I lived in Madtown in the mid- to late 90s.

What struck me about Kelly's case was that it could have happened to me or a countless number of friends while we were at UW. We all drank excessively and tended to make bad decisions and / or lost track of each other when under the influence. I hated the media and public fixation on Kelly's past - I can't recall if she had a DUI or minor consumption tickets or what specifically, but regardless, a history of drinking did not mean that she was at fault for what happened to her.
I agree that her case seems hopeless now that so many years have passed, but I still have a sliver of hope this can be solved someday. Somebody knows something and perhaps one day they will feel the need to unburden themselves with it and / or give Kelly's family some peace.

I know what you mean. The drinking culture in Madison is powerful (and dangerous) and lots of undergrads get swept up in it. School officials have wanted to change things for decades but no real progress has been made.

Kelly certainly didn't deserve what happened to her, and I don't understand why the media felt compelled to expose her DUI history. Her drinking problems might have seemed relevant when she first went missing and was presumed to be alive, but far too much of her personal info wound up coming under the public's scrutiny.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back