Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Tuesday, Aruban authorities ruled out claims by a witness who says he knows what happened to the Mountain Brook teen.

However, a private investigator hired by Holloway’s father, Dave, believes that witness is telling the truth.

Holloway says his private investigator talked to Jurrien de Jong over the phone and used a voice analysis tool to test for deception.

“He called me back a day or so later and said, ‘look Dave. This guy is telling the truth,’” said Holloway.

The witness says he saw Natalee and Joran at a part of the Marriott hotel that was under construction in 2005. The witness told police he saw them come inside the construction area that was surrounded by a chain length fence. They went out of his sight for five minutes.

“Then all of a sudden he brought Natalee down the steps in his arms. He laid her down on [a construction] platform and jumped off on the ground. He grabbed her and threw her off on the ground. Then he went a little ways and started digging under the platform area. He said he dug a hole and put her up under there. Then he covered the hole back up and walked out of the gate barefooted,” Holloway recalls.

Holloway says he remembers seeing the construction area surrounded by the fence. He also remembers that no one felt led to look inside the fence because they didn’t think anyone could get in that area.

Holloway says the Marriott is waiting on a warrant from Aruban police before they will allow a search.

more: http://wkrn.com/2015/05/19/dad-cautiously-renews-hope-in-finding-missing-daughter-natalee-holloway/

From 2015.

Also, http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/0...new-witness-is-playing-with-familys-pain.html

Call me cynical, but I feel that people may still be playing with the family and their pain.

Can someone link to journalistic mainstream media follow-up reports with the prosecutor's comments on this development as a recap. If indeed there have been any.

TIA as I have not been following this case for a long time.

Really hope it's Natalee. It's time. 12 years of wondering of what happened. I can't imagine her parents nightmare.

#Justice4Libby&Abby

Dave is doing exactly what I would have done under the same circumstances and that is to keep the Aruban authorities out of the loop. Their track record in this murder investigation is pretty dismal and allowed Joran to remain free to kill again.

Yeah Dave! You are a great father.

Joseph Scott Morgan will be appearing on HLN today at 2:35pm EST talking about Natalee forensics

On HLN right now.

A bit more info. on the DNA testing that will be done in the U.S.:

The father of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway says he is awaiting the results of DNA testing on bones found in Aruba.Dave Holloway made the announcement on the “Today” show Wednesday.

“When we determined these remains were human, I was shocked,” he said.

In a follow-up interview with HuffPost, Dave Holloway said the remains have been brought to the United States for DNA testing.

“They are in the testing process,” he said, adding that it could take several weeks to get results. “It’s a reputable lab and that’s all I can tell you at this point.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...r-bones-found-dna_us_5994a4dce4b0acc593e4c838

AD.nl
http://www.ad.nl/binnenland/peter-r...gtekens-bij-vondst-natalee-holloway~a3327804/

Crime reporter Peter R. de Vries has serious doubts about the finding of human remains on Aruba. The father of Natalee Holloway who went missing 12 years ago, made known on Wednesday that he found remains that may belong to his daughter. De Vries speaks of 'a strange story' and a bizarre investigation.

Father Dave Holloway brought the news Wednesday in the NBC program Today that, after months of investigation, he managed together with private detective T.J. Ward to dig up human remains in a park on the Caribbean island of Aruba. The investigation further showed that the girl was given GHB by Dutchman Joran van der Sloot and then choked in her own vomit.

It is not entirely accidental that Dave Holloway comes up with news about the case. Next Saturday, the US tv station Oxygen will broadcast a documentary about the father's search.

Crime reporter Peter R. de Vries has a lot of questions about the discovery. "At first, you are all ears. But then you'll take a second look at what they've been putting online and you start noticing things. For instance, they claim to have found human remains, but it is, of course, bizarre that the police and justice of Aruba are kept totally out of it. That's even a mortal sin in my eyes. That you are digging at an alleged crime scene, destroying traces and ensuring that the police and the judiciary can not secure the circumstances under which this took place."

De Vries also has doubts about the finding of the remains themselves. "They say that research has shown that these would be human remains, but what did they actually find? Because if there was a body there, you'd simply find a skull and you would not have to investigate if anything is human or not? Can't you see that right away? The skull is one of the last things that perish, and if an animal had dug up something, I suppose traces would have been noticed before."

According to the crime reporter, the father did not find an entire body. "At least, no skeleton has been found and then I think: what's this all about? If you say you need investigation, then it sounds like you've only found a few bones. They further claim that the DNA results will be available in a month. Yet they have been in possession of the evidence for a long time. If the Dutch Forensic Institute (NFI) was involved, we would have simply known it by the end of the week."

On the suggestion that the father might have come out with the news to promote a documentary that will be broadcasted on Saturday, De Vries does not commment. "I can not look into that. I have be reproached about the same thing before too, but sometimes things just happen together."

De Vries points out that the father's action may give rise to major problems for the chain of evidence. "They owe some explanation. What in heaven's name was their motivation to keep the police and judiciary out of this? For example, imagine a hole in the skull or other traces indicating a cause of death. If a prosecutor wants to use something like that, then any future suspect, Joran van der Sloot included, can say: what are these excavated items worth? Thet were untraceable for two months, they have been dug up and then have been around everywhere for two months, they have been in many private laboratories. Who says that nothing has happened to those items?"

The GHB story by Dave Holloway's tip-off is somewhat similar to what was already known. "Joran van der Sloot has previously stated that Natalee suddenly became unwell and started to shake with dilated eyes, so at least Joran has previously ripped that yarn. But the matter of the human remains I find a very strange story."

BBM

Well I think crime reporter PRDV should head on down to Peru to get an exclusive with JVDS about these recent developments. He should pack a warm jacket, I hear it's chilly there at this time of year. :rolleyes:

MOO

Dave is doing exactly what I would have done under the same circumstances and that is to keep the Aruban authorities out of the loop. Their track record in this murder investigation is pretty dismal and allowed Joran to remain free to kill again.

Yeah Dave! You are a great father.

Absolutely. They will never be of any help in finding out the truth about NH or bringing anyone to justice IMO.

Heart-breaking as this is, I applaud DH's decision to have the remains analyzed. If I was in his (and her family's) shoes, I'd exhaust every possibility of finding her.

JMVHO

Is there anyone else that these remains may belong to? Glad to see that testing is being done here in the US

One quick question if i may, having a crazy day...

Were the remains/bone determined to be human at a location outside of Aruba?

Is there anyone else that these remains may belong to? Glad to see that testing is being done here in the US

Yes
Robin Gardner
And also there is a local man that has been missing for several years, I can not remember his name, a young man

I really hope that this is Natalee. I do not blame him for privately investigating and testing the remains. I would not trust their government either. IMVHO, I don't think he is concerned about getting JVS charged in her killing if this does turn out to be his daughter. I think for him, it is just a matter of bringing his daughter home and knowing once and for all what happened to her. I am probably completely wrong, but it is just a gut feeling I have about Natalee's family. I don't think they trust that the justice system in their daughter's disappearance.

The Aruban police have been useless. Everyone knows JVDS either killed Natalee or was with her when she died and concealed her death. He's in prison convicted of another murder, so prosecuting him isn't top priority. Finding Natalee is. It's really not hurting anything in the long run to do things the way they've been done in this situation.

If Aruba wants things done their way, then they should do their damn jobs.

PRESS RELEASE OF THE ARUBA PUBLIC PROSECUTOR: NO HUMAN SKELETAL REMAINS WERE FOUND DURING INVESTIGATION IN 2017

http://www.omaruba.aw/wp-content/up...ijke-botten-augustus-2017-English-version.pdf

To all media.

The Prosecutor's office has taken notice of news that was published this week by Mr. Dave Holloway, the father of Natalee Holloway, or that was published in his name.
Human skeletal remains would have been possibly found in Aruba, and
this discovery would be significant in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

The information coming from Mr. Holloway was investigated earlier this year by the Aruba Police Force, led by the Prosecutor’s Office.
During the investigation held by the Police in an area indicated by Mr. Holloway, no human skeletal remains were found.

Mr. Holloway has now apparently published information regarding the results of an investigation completed in Aruba. However, at this moment, there are no new facts or circumstances known to the Prosecutor’s Office and/or to the Aruba Police Force in relation to finds of skeletal remains or human bones that were investigated or would have to be investigated.

In case new facts or circumstances surface in the future, they will be seriously investigated. This applies for every case of a missing person in Aruba.

BBM

An old article of JVS's home, currently:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-notorious-prisons-van-der-sloot-faces/
He is to be released in June of 2038, but who knows? Good behavior, bribing, whatev.
At the time of his release, hopefully, he will be extradited to the US to face extortion and murder charges, even without Natalee's body. He admitted to this murder to someone undercover. Kalpo brothers have never talked about this. Wonder why?

I really can't believe that 12 years have gone by.... followed this from day 1!

I too wonder why those Kalpoe brothers won't talk!! :dunno:

So how long have this bone been in the lab?? A month already?? I hope so, want answers NOW!!

edited to add: I too am following Robyn's case. Is that creep still around? If I recall correctly, Jose Baez was his attorney?! :thinking:

JUSTICE for NATALEE! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member