Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 13 & 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most informative thing I've learned during the last 3 hours of the trial. Thanks Katydid23!

Maybe we need to send the recipe to ZAs defense attorney. Since it goes step by step and is clear maybe she can even make this dish since she sure cant seem to put on a cogent case for her client. :D

I sure didn't expect that those in the courtroom would be laughing "with" JA, not with all the things that he's said about what happened with Holly. But when the defense attorney tried to get him to agree that he had dark brown hair, and he said that he thought it was a bit gray..... there sure was laughter in the courtroom.

Sure enough, his hair really does look a bit gray.... but the defense attorney was wanting to get him to agree that his hair was dark brown. Not really a great moment for that defense attorney!

I have to ask this.If Jason Autry was on trial would you convict him of first degree murder and sentence him to death?

I can't make a decision until all of the evidence and testimonies have been presented. Trying to find him guilty right now when we are only 4 days into the trial doesn't make sense to me.

I totally agree. She is corroborating his story. And niggling over some of the details, but never denying that her client is guilty.

i can see the tactic as used in Hernandez with Bradley where one could put reasonable doubt into the picture ...maybe Bradley did it...here the def. never implied that Autry did anything so what is the point.

Maybe we need to send the recipe to ZAs defense attorney. Since it goes step by step and is clear maybe she can even make this dish since she sure cant seem to put on a cogent case for her client. :D

:laughing:So true! Although it would still probably take her a looooonnnngggg time to complete!

lol there we go. Sorry, still learning how to work the forums!

I can't make a decision until all of the evidence and testimonies have been presented. Trying to find him guilty right now when we are only 4 days into the trial doesn't make sense to me.

Premature of me to ask it eh?

Later tonight... OBE and hubby :heartbeat:

:giggle:

Something came across my facebook feed about children being born 9 months from now due to hurricane

:baby:

OMG that would be a miracle. Not that I am not exposed you see :giggle: but I am way too old to make a baby now but not too old..well you know what I mean. :D

I think we are all getting giddy headed from having to watch the longest talk about maps we have ever seen in any trial. LOL!

I would not be feeling too good about my representation tonight if I was Zach.

That was absolutely blistering testimony against him this morning. And the worst thing was that the witness included what a total he was too. He voluntarily admitted that he agreed to dispose of a girls's body, and talked about gutting her like a deer. And admitted trading drugs for the chore of helping dispose of her. Then after driving around a body, says he needs to leave to meet his girl for lunch.

He admits to being a callous . But it does not help Zach in any way because the story was told in such a believable manner.

And the defense was so weak in her cross. Hours of time allowing the witness to tell his version, over and over. Then at the tail end she gets aggressive, but about kind of extraneous issues. like him lying to his mom, and cheating on his wife, and working without declaring taxes...:doh:

Then at the very every end of a long day, she finally starts attacking him about his motives for making the immunity deal. But even then, it seemed muddled and confused. And it did not really show that her client was being falsely accused. Just that the witness was trying to get a better deal.

But she never tried to deny that Zach was at that trailer with a dead body in the bed of his truck. And never tried to deny that Zach and the witness drove around looking to dispose of Holly somewhere. It was devastating testimony against her client and she kind of allowed it to stand.

Why isn't she admitting stuff into evidence and showing the witness his prior testimony, or statements etc so he can then say if he did or didn't write them or say them? I mean, how would one remember? Still not getting how this court works....I really thought only things the state brought up could be asked, and if the witness said somethign that opens the door, then the defense can barge through and ask along that line...

Attorneys... what say you?

How can all this be brought up in Cross when nothing of this was said in direct????

In theory you are right. But if the State objects it can look like they are trying to hide something. Even if the objection is made and sustained the defense can call the witness back as a witness for the defense. Could seriously muddy the waters.

I have to ask this.If Jason Autry was on trial would you convict him of first degree murder and sentence him to death?

I'd have to hear the testimony and see the evidence against him, before answering this question.

I know that I'd sure never, ever want JA as a neighbor, after what I've heard today.

OT - For the crockpot users, may I recommend the Instant Pot? It's life-changing.

Re: the trial, I didn't get to watch most of it, but that was mind numbing and I can't imagine what the jurors are thinking at this point about the facts and information flow.

Well all I can say is, after waiting all this time for justice for Holly, and praying those involved died a miserable death, I never expected the defense to do such a poor job that I would end up feeling affable towards one of the players in the case. I think I need my head examined. Congrats defense lady, you have done a terrible job and clearly made me lose my mind as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta say that is the most bizarre cross examination I have ever seen. This afternoon was clearly the Jason Autry show. A prime example how a convicted killer and liar can have a whole courtroom laughing, when only yesterday they were in tears. The Judge and Attorneys let him do it. For hours.

JMO

No, not if the evidence showed that he came to the group after she was wrapped up, and was told she was dead. The shot to the head was a surprise to him.

I would probably convict him of accessory to murder , if given the chance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500