GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within the comments on the latest post on the offical fb page (dated 20th nov) there is a comment yesterday asking if police managed to trace Jennas last location. The page admin has replied with 'police are working on that'.
Maybe news is coming? Most cases have this info within days.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

T2 Post 441 from our VI

"...Did find a digital voice recorder though that she had from school to study and a pocket taser in her day bag. Not sure on those maybe she use the recorder recently, batteries dead though"

Im still on the 'staged crime' theory. I wonder if this was part of the set up.... threatened with the taser to make a phone call that was then recorded. We have been told the 'friend' made the recording but we werent allowed to know how.

I am on the "accidental death" "staged runaway" theory. But there are so many unanswered questions that would explain so much.

I am on the "accidental death" "staged runaway" theory. But there are so many unanswered questions that would explain so much.
Sorry, yes i am thinking the same.

Taken from the timeline...

10:30 p.m.

•We believe so as a verifiedfriend has spoken to her that night late around 10:30 and he recalls herdriving my mom's car. Per VI - Thread #1, post #604 Is it possible to pinpoint where he saw her?

I dont think she would have recorded a voice message and sent it whilst driving. The friend 'has spoken to her' could mean literally spoke to her on the phone. Maybe the guy was at work and calls are recorded as per company procedures? 'He recalls her driving her mums car' might actually mean that she said to the friend something like 'im just on my way home to swap cars as ive had to borrow my mums car...." and then gone on to discuss plans.

Just my thoughts

Maybe so, Stanley. But I was thinking of Shire's epic post #1007 about the recording. I didn't get the impression the recorded call was with a guy, and I don't think we know exactly when that call was made, unless I've forgotten that detail. So many details on this case, and yet, so few facts. It's all gonna come together eventually. I just hope it's soon.

Maybe so, Stanley. But I was thinking of Shire's epic post #1007 about the recording. I didn't get the impression the recorded call was with a guy, and I don't think we know exactly when that call was made, unless I've forgotten that detail. So many details on this case, and yet, so few facts. It's all gonna come together eventually. I just hope it's soon.
You are right, its all based on hearsay and we know 'around 10:30pm' could mean anything [emoji36]

I could go along with that, but I'd need a little more. Someone doesn't conceal an accidental death unless the person has some culpability. How do you think an accidental death might have occurred? The taking of the picture seems odd, too. I wouldn't expect some staging a runaway situation to think of a detail like that.

•We believe so as a verifiedfriend has spoken to her that night late around 10:30 and he recalls herdriving my mom's car. Per VI - Thread #1, post #604 Is it possible to pinpoint where he saw her?

I dont think she would have recorded a voice message and sent it whilst driving. The friend 'has spoken to her' could mean literally spoke to her on the phone. Maybe the guy was at work and calls are recorded as per company procedures? 'He recalls her driving her mums car' might actually mean that she said to the friend something like 'im just on my way home to swap cars as ive had to borrow my mums car...." and then gone on to discuss plans.

Just my thoughts

TY for your kind comments about my "epic" post. Subie's post does appear to state it was a guy. Also, maybe this is also the person who witnessed the passenger with J. Maybe there was more than one passenger travelling around that night. Yes unfortunately it is all hearsay from Subie but as we have no official LE statements (except the one that denies they said they had found J early on) there isn't much to go on at all.

TY for your kind comments about my "epic" post. Subie's post does appear to state it was a guy. Also, maybe this is also the person who witnessed the passenger with J. Maybe there was more than one passenger travelling around that night. Yes unfortunately it is all hearsay from Subie but as we have no official LE statements (except the one that denies they said they had found J early on) there isn't much to go on at all.

Maybe I've got Thanksgiving turkey hangover, but I don't see where it was stated or hinted that it was a guy who made the recording. I'm sure you're right...but If it's not too much trouble, could you direct me to that post? If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. It's just nagging at me. :)

Just my thoughts

Maybe I've got Thanksgiving turkey hangover, but I don't see where it was stated or hinted that it was a guy who made the recording. I'm sure you're right...but If it's not too much trouble, could you direct me to that post? If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. It's just nagging at me. :)
He he maybe you have. I was quoting Stanly's post which gave the post number and the quote so I am quoting it above again . More coffee? :coffee: :coffeecup:

He he maybe you have. I was quoting Stanly's post which gave the post number and the quote so I am quoting it above again . More coffee? :coffee: :coffeecup:
Ah, thanks. I didn't put it together that this call was the one that was recorded. Yes, gonna get more coffee. And pumpkin pie.

All pics require links. No link no pic. Perhaps if you or Sonnenschein provide link to mods it will be ok and you won't have to post on here for the reasons given. I don't want them to delete it that's all. How do we do a reverse image search? I was wondering about that.

Using Google Chrome as your browser, simply pull up the imagine and right click. One of the options is "Search Google for this image."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could go along with that, but I'd need a little more. Someone doesn't conceal an accidental death unless the person has some culpability. How do you think an accidental death might have occurred? The taking of the picture seems odd, too. I wouldn't expect some staging a runaway situation to think of a detail like that.
To answer your questions. "Accidental" perhaps meaning unintentional. Perhaps an argument that went awry involving the very heavy frame hence the cracked glass and the need to get rid of the tapestry (DNA) and wipe down the glass. Staging the runaway - packing suitcase and placing it with the daybag/purse in trunk and locking door behind them and taking the car.
Unfortunately in the rush they forgot a few items she would not have left behind had she packed herself such as her toiletries.
I also believe that she was wearing the green shirt when the "accident" happened which is why it has not been found.
The last pings on the cellphones would explain so much. My guess is that LE has those and a suspect but not enough evidence to charge them.
Unless a body is found, this case may never be solved. My theory includes her body being buried in the woods somewhere making it unlikely to be found.
I think the person responsible is a male (strength required to remove the body), and of above average intelligence (good job covering their tracks).
I am interested in other's theories.

To answer your questions. "Accidental" perhaps meaning unintentional. Perhaps an argument that went awry involving the very heavy frame hence the cracked glass and the need to get rid of the tapestry (DNA) and wipe down the glass. Staging the runaway - packing suitcase and placing it with the daybag/purse in trunk and locking door behind them and taking the car.
Unfortunately in the rush they forgot a few items she would not have left behind had she packed herself such as her toiletries.
I also believe that she was wearing the green shirt when the "accident" happened which is why it has not been found.
The last pings on the cellphones would explain so much. My guess is that LE has those and a suspect but not enough evidence to charge them.
Unless a body is found, this case may never be solved. My theory includes her body being buried in the woods somewhere making it unlikely to be found.
I think the person responsible is a male (strength required to remove the body), and of above average intelligence (good job covering their tracks).
I am interested in other's theories.
Ok I think that could have happened but, if so, why no evidence? Phone pings and locations of J and the perp's phone, forensics, it would have had to take place after the last phone call with the SC friend and why no forensic trace in J's car? In the Sydney Loofe case, LE already searched premises and got exact phone location data and she has only been missing just over a week. J had TWO PHONES so location data should be pretty accurate. It's unfathomable why LE cannot do more IMO. What woods should be searched do you think? Also is this someone J knows well?
Eta where are closest woods to parent's house?

Ok I think that could have happened but, if so, why no evidence? Phone pings and locations of J and the perp's phone, forensics, it would have had to take place after the last phone call with the SC friend and why no forensic trace in J's car? In the Sydney Loofe case, LE already searched premises and got exact phone location data and she has only been missing just over a week. J had TWO PHONES so location data should be pretty accurate. It's unfathomable why LE cannot do more IMO. What woods should be searched do you think? Also is this someone J knows well?

The police may well have evidence from the phone pings and the car. The problem is that they need to be able to tie a perpetrator to it. In order to get the perpetrators dna, or fingerprints or phone pings they would need a court order and proving the connection to a judge might be tricky. They therefore need the perpetrator to make a mistake such as contradicting statements or to find a witness or a video etc.

The police may well have evidence from the phone pings and the car. The problem is that they need to be able to tie a perpetrator to it. In order to get the perpetrators dna, or fingerprints or phone pings they would need a court order and proving the connection to a judge might be tricky. They therefore need the perpetrator to make a mistake such as contradicting statements or to find a witness or a video etc.
It does sound like they have a witness and a recording, unless they are unreliable for some reason. They also must have cctv as well. They have requested the phone details according to Subie so maybe they are still waiting but I don't understand the delay.
What woods do you think could fit the bill - maybe somewhere between Emory and Defoor Place ?

Maybe LE holding back forensic results from Jenna's car & waiting to see if perp gets complacent thinking they are home free.

It does sound like they have a witness and a recording, unless they are unreliable for some reason. They also must have cctv as well. They have requested the phone details according to Subie so maybe they are still waiting but I don't understand the delay.
What woods do you think could fit the bill - maybe somewhere between Emory and Defoor Place ?
The recording apparently states her plans on Fri night. The witness said they saw her in her mother's car with a male on Friday night. The question I guess is if this male is identified on the recording and if there is any way to prove he came home with her on the Friday night or not. We know she came home after the witness saw her because her mother's car was at the house. I am not sure that the woods need to be near the house although there are wooded areas all over atlanta. If transported in her car she could be anywhere.

Using Google Chrome as your browser, simply pull up the imagine and right click. One of the options is "Search Google for this image."

I can't do that on my mobile. I dont have a mouse. Perhaps you could post the link now please as family/LE have had time to follow it up?

The recording apparently states her plans on Fri night. The witness said they saw her in her mother's car with a male on Friday night. The question I guess is if this male is identified on the recording and if there is any way to prove he came home with her on the Friday night or not. We know she came home after the witness saw her because her mother's car was at the house. I am not sure that the woods need to be near the house although there are wooded areas all over atlanta. If transported in her car she could be anywhere.
I disagree. The further they travel in J's car, the more likely to be discovered or caught on camera. Look how quickly the car was apprehended initially when the incorrect licence number was publicised.

When I did directions emory uni to Defoors Place it skirted in a large loop north of Piedmont Park and the Botanical Gardens. When I did Druid Hills to Defoors it did a large loop to the south, so it kind of drew me to that park and there are large lakes there also. Some posters have suggested searching that park previously. Just a thought really. Obviously knowing her phones pings would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose