TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope it wont take years to see justice in this case.

OMG, There are no words to describe my anger at these people. Such a promising good looking young couple. I don't get the mindset of people who can perform such horror onto others. I am curious what part the female arrested played. It is not too common for a woman to be involved.

So I talked with my sissy today and she said she remembers hearing something on cnn about it a while ago. Can't believe this hasnt made it to nancy grace. I can only imagine what she would have to say about this. Please if anyone will email this story to her, maybe if she gets enough requests she will do a story. I think the hardest part of this story is the fact that all these people raped that young man. As I said earlier I would expect the woman but never would I imagine 5 people raping a man. These people had so much in front of them and these sick bas%ards took that from them. We need more prisons, I know here our jails are so crouded they let people out left and right who should be locked up. We as the usa should have prisons designed just for sexual predators IMO!!!!

i hope it wont take years to see justice in this case.
In a way it doesn't matter since there can't be any justice in this case.

I can't imagine how this could be a big case on TV. It is enough to make you sick. Imagine if you saw pictures showing where the bodies were found, where the crime happened, seeing the parents and friends relive this over and over. If the death penalty isn't used in this case then there shouldn't be a death penalty for anyone. I don't want to hear of any cases worse than this because it is impossible to imagine.

In a way it doesn't matter since there can't be any justice in this case.

I can't imagine how this could be a big case on TV. It is enough to make you sick. Imagine if you saw pictures showing where the bodies were found, where the crime happened, seeing the parents and friends relive this over and over. If the death penalty isn't used in this case then there shouldn't be a death penalty for anyone. I don't want to hear of any cases worse than this because it is impossible to imagine.

People need to hear abot this IMO

Good god! This is unbelievable. So did they know their vistims at all? Or was this a completely random thing? the fact that they raped him sounds like a control thing like they were trying to show their superiority over him in front of his girlfriend. It also shows of course that theyre severely disturbed!

I don't believe they knew the couple but I could be wrong.

I am really blown away that I have not seen this case before. I consider myself pretty up-to-date with different cases. This is so sad, it is really heartbreaking.

I can't imagine what that poor girl went through watching her boyfriend
be tortured and killed...OMG! I just can't believe it.

It really makes me question human beings, how could someone do this to someone else? I don't really think that they were targeted because they were white, I think it was a crime of opportunity.

This just makes me just sick. :sick:

Thinking like the sobs for a moment here.... Wouldnt you rape the girl in front of the man? I just can not get past this part for some reason. What was the purpose of raping the man? It really served no "purpose" in the crime IMO. I would think ANY woman would be easily controled by 4 men. Why not just kill the guy. Then to go as far as to cut off his penis and her breast while the are still alive. I just dont get it. Maybe if there was one murder but 5, so they are all sick @&%$s? Is there any other cases where several people were killers in a crime like this, I know there probaly was a couple but is it "popualr"

My God - I just read this thread today - how horrible. I honestly can't believe we didn't hear about this before. How can 5 people do this and not one of them think it's wrong?? It was over several days, too - I don't understand. How does this happen? Why the mutilation and humiliation? I can't comprehend how people have this much hate in their hearts.

is there something about snopes that wont let me copy and paste?

here is what info i wanted to comment on.

boyfriend and girlfriend taken at gun point. he is raped infront of her over and over. then they cut off his penis. then they shoot him. they remove his body and burn it. they return for her.for 2 days she was beaten and gang raped. they urinated on her and then cut off 1 of her breast. while she was still alive. then they poured bleach down her throat. finally they shot her and burned her body.

Thinking like the sobs for a moment here.... Wouldnt you rape the girl in front of the man? I just can not get past this part for some reason. What was the purpose of raping the man? It really served no "purpose" in the crime IMO. I would think ANY woman would be easily controled by 4 men. Why not just kill the guy. Then to go as far as to cut off his penis and her breast while the are still alive. I just dont get it. Maybe if there was one murder but 5, so they are all sick @&%$s? Is there any other cases where several people were killers in a crime like this, I know there probaly was a couple but is it "popualr"

I remember a case, I cannot remember where it was, but some of the elements were quite similar to this crime. If memory serves, it was a home invasion, and there were two couple in the home, the couples were forced to have sex with one another in front of their attackers, then the attackers also raped the women. Then they took one of the women to an ATM and robbed her. Then they took all the victims into a field and shot them all, and left them for dead. One of the woman victims played dead, the bulllet had been somewhat deflected by a barrette she was wearing. She found her way to a house in the dead of winter, with no clothes on, to get help.

It reminds me of this case because of the way the victims were demeaned during the crime, altho the Newsome/Christian case is much more gruesome. It was also black attackers on white victims, and it, too received very little media attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01