GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

I didnt really keep up with this case. I know she killed her husband but did they ever say why?

because he bought her high-heeled shoes and wanted to have kinky sex.

and for that, he of course deserved the death penalty.

[/sarcasm]

I didnt really keep up with this case. I know she killed her husband but did they ever say why? I know I could probably go back and read but was just wondering if someone could give me a quick re-cap...

She claimed abuse on several levels. Also she claimed that she did not mean for the gun to go off, I believe.

I know Taximom, I don't understand it... I wasn't at the trial nor was I able to watch it, but it seems like the jury just didn't care.
I think they saw him for a bully though. I do think he abused her. I am not saying that he deserved to die...but he did do harm to her. I wonder how the children are doing?

I think they saw him for a bully though. I do think he abused her. I am not saying that he deserved to die...but he did do harm to her. I wonder how the children are doing?

Hi there!

I don't know what he did to her, but I feel she needs more than 2 months of psychiatric help so she won't do this to someone else. :eek:

I wonder how the little girls are doing too. Poor things.

I believe a jury found her guilty of involuntary manslaughter, so there were sentencing guidelines surrounding what the Judge could do. I also believe that the Judge allowed her time served to count towards her sentencing.

Someone else correct me if I am wrong on these facts - this is just my offhand recollection.

I was on of the few that respected the Jury's decision in this case. However, I understand why people who did not agree with it see her sentence and quick release as a slap in the face.

if i am remembering correctly, all together - she has spent a signifigant amount of time in captivity!

My thoughts too. I am sure that Mrs. Winkler probably was going through a lot at the time of the murder as well. While he did not deserve to die, I think that she had been pushed past her "brink" in a way.

[/sarcasm]

Hey now, wasn't there a wig involved also?

I am sure for an ultra-conservative woman such as herself, that was really - demeaning to her. Along with daily assults (the way he may have talked to her or treated her) and other stuff that was alleged at trial... I can see her being mentally stressed out. That's just me. I respected the judge's decision in this case.

I'm mentally stressed out too because of the actions of someone who demeaned me for years. Can I go kill someone and get out of jail free?

Hi there!

I don't know what he did to her, but I feel she needs more than 2 months of psychiatric help so she won't do this to someone else. :eek:

I wonder how the little girls are doing too. Poor things.
Oh...I think she needs WAY more help than two months.
:confused: Do you think she will continue getting help? I hope so. I think the kids need help too...for quite a while.

I'm mentally stressed out too because of the actions of someone who demeaned me for years. Can I go kill someone and get out of jail free?

tennesssee... well, i wouldn't recommend it, but i have heard of a GREAT attourney who could help you out in a case like that.... hahahhahaha

[/sarcasm]

I hardly think that the purchase of high heels and a wig is "kinky"

If it is then it says more about her repressed sexual issues then his.
This is not justice at all.

I think she more than likely had some type of mental issue prior to the marriage, I think she is likely to go off again.. I hope she never gets her children back.

tennessee,
You'd have many women behind you. Hard to believe that Mary will be getting her get outta jail card so soon. :mad:

Ugh-this is all so sad. I have to wonder if these kids will have any respect for the legal/justice system. Everyone wonders what's wrong with today's youth-why should they follow laws after seeing Mom&Dad getting away with sooo much.

[/sarcasm]
Yep. Instead of just saying 'no' or that she didn't feel comfortable with it, she opted for murder. Of course, Matthew isn't here to tell us his version of what went on in the marriage.

I agree that she should be prosecuted for check kiting. Everyone else would be.

I only slightly followed this case so please forgive if this is a dumb question..

What is check kiting?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
611CLE
Back