GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

<sarcasm>Yes, let's blame everybody BUT the b*tch with the gun... It's certainly not her fault... after all, divorce was NOT an option...</sarcasm>

Mary is the only one to blame for what happened. Those children are so much better off with their grandparents than they are with a murderous b*tch who may end up killing them while they sleep too.

Honestly, if this were the other way around, if an "abused" husband chose to end his marriage by shooting his wife while she lay in bed, and HIS sentence was equivalent to a slap on the wrist, everybody would be screaming about the horrible injustice.

She had ways to get out of the marriage. I'm not convinced that she shot him over high heels and a wig, and I have to say that I also don't believe for one nano second that hubby asking to spice up the sex life equals abuse! I really think she was trying to cover her azz in regards to the check kiting scheme she was involved in.

In regard to the grandparents, I hope and pray they never lose custody to Mary. She has proven that she is capable of the most heneious acts when she's "stressed."

oh, you guys just wish you were as innocent as poor mrs. winkler was!
:)
she was traumatized when her hubby broke out the wig and heels!!!

*being very sarcastic*

I swear I could run over someone accidently and spend more time in jail for negligence. IMO, she's nuts, has always been nuts and it had nothing to do with her husband. If Mary's as crazy as her attys say she is after enduring years of abuse, a couple of month's counseling is like putting a bandaid on a gushing wound.

oh, you guys just wish you were as innocent as poor mrs. winkler was!
:)
she was traumatized when her hubby broke out the wig and heels!!!

*being very sarcastic*

:p

I have a friend who's 13 yr old son got caught taking 2 pieces of candy from a convenience store a few years ago. He served more time than Mary did....yet she flippin killed her husband. Just wait and see, soon there will be some legal statute that is referred to 'The Winkler ' when women kill their husbands.

:p

I have a friend who's 13 yr old son got caught taking 2 pieces of candy from a convenience store a few years ago. He served more time than Mary did....yet she flippin killed her husband. Just wait and see, soon there will be some legal statute that is referred to 'The Winkler ' when women kill their husbands.
-------------------------
Philamena you are so right! I read of some punishments given to crimnals and of course my thoughts go right to Mary! I pray she never gets her children.I am sorry but I do not trust that woman.There is a mental problem and I'd hate to see her use it on her girls.I so hoped they would find something~someway to help her while in the hospital. I do not understand how she would manage right at this point.She has no home, working in a cleaners does not pay much~how could she provide? Will Social Security give the childrens money to a mother on probation? This is all wrong. I'm all for giving a parent a second chance to make good~~~but not in this case.I am afraid of "sweet Mary".She is a killer.

<sarcasm>Yes, let's blame everybody BUT the b*tch with the gun... It's certainly not her fault... after all, divorce was NOT an option...</sarcasm>

Mary is the only one to blame for what happened. Those children are so much better off with their grandparents than they are with a murderous b*tch who may end up killing them while they sleep too.
Well I think every husband that beats his wife OUGHT to get his *advertiser censored* blown away!
:furious:

I swear I could run over someone accidently and spend more time in jail for negligence. IMO, she's nuts, has always been nuts and it had nothing to do with her husband. If Mary's as crazy as her attys say she is after enduring years of abuse, a couple of month's counseling is like putting a bandaid on a gushing wound.

well,

this has got to be one of THE sanest (sp?), best posts I have read all day. yes, that makes perfect sense to me. i don't even know that I agreed with you before i read this post, but i do now! Cheers!

Hey now, wasn't there a wig involved also?

I am sure for an ultra-conservative woman such as herself, that was really - demeaning to her. Along with daily assults (the way he may have talked to her or treated her) and other stuff that was alleged at trial... I can see her being mentally stressed out. That's just me. I respected the judge's decision in this case.

Well, when I read this today, surprisely for me I was happy for her. I immediately thought of the white platform shoes for some reason. This is not usual for me, but I'm glad she's out and I hope she can find some kind of happiness and get her girls back. I really don't know why the in-laws think they can get 2 million dollars from her? They must think that their son was a saint, blah, blah, blah. I think they should really take a look at themselves and who their son really was. This is a sad case all the way around.

e

Well, when I read this today, surprisely for me I was happy for her. I immediately thought of the white platform shoes for some reason. This is not usual for me, but I'm glad she's out and I hope she can find some kind of happiness and get her girls back. I really don't know why the in-laws think they can get 2 million dollars from her? They must think that their son was a saint, blah, blah, blah. I think they should really take a look at themselves and who their son really was. This is a sad case all the way around.

e

unbelievable.:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand:

Well I think every husband that beats his wife OUGHT to get his *advertiser censored* blown away!
:furious:

there was absolutely no proof whatsoever, shown in court, that Matthew ever beat Mary.....just what Mary stated in court herself...no witnesses, no Dr's, NOTHING proven she was physically abused...
Mary Winkler will get what's comin to her, at some point in time, i'm sure of it....i hope she lives a miserable rest of her life, before she dies & goes to hell...

"Originally Posted by deandaniellws
Well I think every husband that beats his wife OUGHT to get his *advertiser censored* blown away!"

If that was the case I'd have blown my ex away years ago.......and would STILL be sitting in prison for it!! I feel sorry for the children. The terror for them is a long way from over. This witch will eventually make them hate their father if she's allowed custody of them.

Originally Posted by Elliemae

e
unbelievable.:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: - agreed Jeanna-----totally unbelievable.

I'm amazed at how naive some people can be. This woman murdered a man and basically walked. No bruises, no scratches....nothing but a phone cord yanked out of the wall, a man lying on the floor dying and a shotgun that SHE says went off by itself. I've actually TRIED to get mine to go off by itself and still can't get it to happen! She didn't spend near the time she should have being incarcerated.

Even IF she was battered and abused, which I very seriously doubt, there is no defense for shooting someone in the back while they're sleeping. If he was abusing her and she shot in during the process. If there was a history of abuse even and her family and friends were trying to get her some help. If there was even phone calls to shelters saying she was in an abusive situation that she was trying to get out of. Something, anything, to give a background or a history of years and years of physical, sexual and mental abuse that Mary suffered, then yes. I'd be standing on my chair screaming that she got ripped off for even having gone on trial and serving any time. However, in my opinion, this little lady got away with cold blooded murder. The mere suggestion that she should even see these children again, much LESS have custody of them ever, leaves my blood cold.

from the article above...

Winkler said that her husband, mortally wounded, rolled off the bed and asked her, “Why?” She said she told him she was sorry.

:mad: yeah.....pitiful

May be a stupid question here, but if he was the miserable son of a she claims he was, why didn't she just tell him why she was executing him? That was her moment to unleash hell on the dude and tell him everything that allegedly was building up to it all.:snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

May be a stupid question here, but if he was the miserable son of a she claims he was, why didn't she just tell him why she was executing him? That was her moment to unleash hell on the dude and tell him everything that allegedly was building up to it all.:snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:
um... maybe because she shot him to cover her crimes and then claimed abuse to cover. nah that cant be it cuz we know women who kite checks and shoot men dont lie about abuse. :banghead:

I haven't hear how the children are doing. I WORRY FOR THEM.

They are with his parents. The role models for abuse. Abusers learn it from
someone. If the parents keep the kids the cycle will continue.

I think it was proven that Matthew was truly, at least at times, a raging bully. I'd be very afraid of a man who did the things to neighbors that Matthew was said to have done. Maybe it was because their whole life is preaching and how they coped, but I thought the grandparents were extremely strange. The speech that grandma gave on the stand was more like a person giving a religious lecture in story form than the emotions of a real feeling person. It was the same with the grandfather.

I think it was proven that Matthew was truly, at least at times, a raging bully. I'd be very afraid of a man who did the things to neighbors that Matthew was said to have done. Maybe it was because their whole life is preaching and how they coped, but I thought the grandparents were extremely strange. The speech that grandma gave on the stand was more like a person giving a religious lecture in story form than the emotions of a real feeling person. It was the same with the grandfather.
I would have been crying all over the place because I am a very emotional person. I cry at happy things and I cry at sad things that have nothing to do with me. Matthew's mother and father are both teachers, used to giving organized talks. I think they brought this into what they said. Do you remember how Mark Lunsford looked at the trial of his daughter's killer. Very solemn and looked straight ahead, some even said angry. I guess it could appear cold. But none of us know the emotions racing through them and I hope we never have to know. Some people are like me and cry at the drop of a hat. Others work hard to keep their emotions in. My husband is like that. He never cries or shows emotion in public. But he is warm and loving in private. Plays with the grandchildren, tells wonderful stories, and cares deeply.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief
Back