GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

Ultra conservative? Are we talking about the same woman who frequented bars, smoked like a chimney, and (from previous threads here) flipped off people who drive by the cleaners where she worked. She was already dating (sleeping with) her boss, even though she had been out on bond for a short time. Not the characteristics of an ultra conservative woman IMO.

She's not an ultra-conserative in my book. She's a killer who got away with muder.

You're right, there is a double standard in this country. I still can't believe this woman got nothing more than a slap on the wrist for killing her husband. I wonder how many other women out there will think they can "pull a Mary" and get away with murder?

I imagine if they aren't from Tennessee....they will be moving there.:crazy:

imoo

Ultra conservative? Are we talking about the same woman who frequented bars, smoked like a chimney, and (from previous threads here) flipped off people who drive by the cleaners where she worked. She was already dating (sleeping with) her boss, even though she had been out on bond for a short time. Not the characteristics of an ultra conservative woman IMO.

For over a year it seems religion has been touted about as one of the excuses for Mary and I have always felt that assumption absolutely made no sense to me. If Mary had been some fanatical believer in God and His word she would have absolutely been rendered incapable of going against God's law or the bible teachings.

There wasn't a thing holy about what Mary Winkler did.

Imo Mary has long lived a lie. Pretending to be one way when her thoughts led her another. What woman knows how to smoke so quickly when they are in their 30s when they start? What woman like Mary looks so comfortable and relaxed up at a bar at 2am in the morning?

Imo there was the faux Christian Mary and then the real Mary that has emerged never letting grass grow under her feet. I would not be surprised if she was doing other things beside the check kiting and bogus checks behind Matt's back. Imo she is a woman with many dark secrets...her own secrets that hides the real Mary.

So much of her actions from beginning to end remind me of a psychopath. Her flat unemotional stare was scary to look at as the Judge told her how reprehensible her crimes were. No sadness...no emotion......just a flatliner... with her mouth set tight and thin. The same when they arrested her...again no tears...no emotions. Even when she said her statement in court, which I am sure Farese helped her with...there was no emotion just hollow words.

I think when she took that shotgun out of its case and steadied herself to fire she was just as unemotional then. The thought that the last eyes that Matt ever saw were those cold dark eyes peering into his is one visual that haunts me. How scared this man had to be. I am sure he was praying to God to protect his babies from this woman who was leaving him there to die and left with the shotgun in her hands.

Even the little girls first thoughts were about their daddy's wellbeing and Mary lied to them when she told them he was fine and she had called 911 to get him help. Again, no thought or compassion for others not even her own children.

imoo

Excellent post darlin!!!!

Thank you very much.:blowkiss:

I am very passionate about this case. It shows huh?:D

I am so afraid that Mary is going to win the entire thing and I think this is how Mary sees it even the children are like pawns to her imo She coldly killed this man and the verdict/sentence was a slap in the face of true justice for all. Then she is out in a flash and goes on with her life like nothing ever happened. She is absolutely a horrible mother for all the pain she has inflicted on the girls. How can anyone be assured that she will not again place her self-centeredness first over her children's best interest?

The thought that the Winklers may wind up with nothing but shattered lives and empty arms breaks my heart. They lost their beloved son, their son was murdered again in the trial and they now worry if they will lose their grandchildren. How much can one family endure from so many injustices? I worry about them and I worry about the children being ripped from their arms not wanting to leave them if Mary gets them back.

I pray so hard that these little children are freed from the shame and burden their mother so selfishly placed upon them to carry. If they are made to be in her presence all the time they will never be able to move away from the dark shadows that will continue to follow them.

imo

Well I think every husband that beats his wife OUGHT to get his *advertiser censored* blown away!
:furious:

Does that apply when women commit violence against a male too? Like stabbing them, pouring boiling hot water on them? Slapping them? Poisoning them? Hitting them with cast iron skillets? Constantly emotionally abusing them? So if you think men are worth killin then ya got to think when women physically abuse they are too.

Wow, well I for one am very glad one of my best friends did not kill his wife even though she put him in intensive care the last time she abused him which had been going on for 20 years. I would much rather he be an abuse survivor as he came to be and he was given full custody of their children. He is happy and imo he made the right choices for himself and his children. She served time too so in the end maybe she learned something too.

I had two violent abusers in my life for 20 years total. Did I ever want them dead? Absolutely not. Life is about choices..hurting anyone is not in the realm of my possibilities. I cant stand any form of violence and certainly wouldn't succumb to the kind of person I deplore. The only legal choice is to leave and become a survivor not go on some shooting spree. I put my children first and never denied them their given rights to make their own choices and decisions. I live with no guilt that I shattered their world and replaced peace with chaos and turmoil nor did I give them indelible images of their father dying. So while you seem to think violence is the thing to do imo you are so wrong. That was Mary's mentality........a murderous mind waiting to happen. Imo it had nothing to do with any abuse but exposure to illegal activities done by the preacher's wife.

And BTW/since we are talking about hitting a female equals death. Where is the factual supported, substantiated, evidence supporting anything Mary Winkler opined? It was not proven and that is why Judge McGraw was very specific in his ruling and clearly stated it for what it was "alleged abuse".

imoo

Does that apply when women commit violence against a male too? Like stabbing them, pouring boiling hot water on them? Slapping them? Poisoning them? Hitting them with cast iron skillets? Constantly emotionally abusing them? So if you think men are worth killin then ya got to think when women physically abuse they are too.

Wow, well I for one am very glad one of my best friends did not kill his wife even though she put him in intensive care the last time she abused him which had been going on for 20 years. I would much rather he be an abuse survivor as he came to be and he was given full custody of their children. He is happy and imo he made the right choices for himself and his children. She served time too so in the end maybe she learned something too.

I had two violent abusers in my life for 20 years total. Did I ever want them dead? Absolutely not. Life is about choices..hurting anyone is not in the realm of my possibilities. I cant stand any form of violence and certainly wouldn't succumb to the kind of person I deplore. The only legal choice is to leave and become a survivor not go on some shooting spree. I put my children first and never denied them their given rights to make their own choices and decisions. I live with no guilt that I shattered their world and replaced peace with chaos and turmoil nor did I give them indelible images of their father dying. So while you seem to think violence is the thing to do imo you are so wrong. That was Mary's mentality........a murderous mind waiting to happen. Imo it had nothing to do with any abuse but exposure to illegal activities done by the preacher's wife.

And BTW/since we are talking about hitting a female equals death. Where is the factual supported, substantiated, evidence supporting anything Mary Winkler opined? It was not proven and that is why Judge McGraw was very specific in his ruling and clearly stated it for what it was "alleged abuse".

imoo
------------

In my Opinion also! AMEN..I'm still bent out of shape over this case..

imoo
TIA with you! And bravo to you for doing the right thing under the wrong circumstances!

Now, why you you suppose Judge McGraw didn't give Mary the maximum sentence allowed by law. She got a major break with that lame-*ss jury. Why did he give her another with his lame-*ss sentence? :confused:

Supreme Court will NOT intervene in Winkler Custody Case:

"The Tennessee Supreme Court has denied a request to intervene in a case that will determine whether Mary Winkler regains custody of her three young daughters.
Winkler was hoping the court would the court to stop an attempt by the children's paternal grandparents, Dan and Diane Winkler, to adopt them over their mother's objections."

........more at link!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs...=bg0lAVEBZ+3dMJMT08vrIC53wOODuYbUuEdnhaJhpgA=

imoo

Excellent post! And I agree with you 100%. I too walked away from a very abusive relationship (albeit with broken bones and a lifetime of mental torture). But I got OUT! I SURVIVED! and I didn't have to kill anyone to do it!

Mary had choices...she made bad ones. She killed a man in cold blood. And 12 days in jail doesn't cut it. She, nor her lawyers, ever showed me anything to prove abuse. NADA!

Congrats Ocean.....for being a survivor! :)

Can anyone give me a link to the victim impact statements from this trial? I missed getting to hear/and or read them. Thank you.

Supreme Court will NOT intervene in Winkler Custody Case:

"The Tennessee Supreme Court has denied a request to intervene in a case that will determine whether Mary Winkler regains custody of her three young daughters.
Winkler was hoping the court would the court to stop an attempt by the children's paternal grandparents, Dan and Diane Winkler, to adopt them over their mother's objections."

........more at link!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs...=bg0lAVEBZ+3dMJMT08vrIC53wOODuYbUuEdnhaJhpgA=

Thanks Anne.

I see that once again Mary is being held responsible for all court cost concerning the Supreme Court Appeal just like she was held individually responsible for all court fees in the TN. Appeal Court.

Since she did a cover story with People 9/3 issue I suppose she is going to use the money made from that.

It is strange though that only a couple days before the article came out Rudi Thompson came out to the media and said to leave Mary alone. I guess he had not spoken to Farese first who I am sure set this article up.

We learned in the SP case that People doesn't pay for articles but they do pay for photos and from what I have heard from others there were several new posed photos of Mary. If they gave Amber Frey's friend $15K for one photo of Amber and Scott then it makes me wonder the amount of money they gave Mary for hers. Whatever the amount it is nothing but blood money imo.

imoo

Excellent post! And I agree with you 100%. I too walked away from a very abusive relationship (albeit with broken bones and a lifetime of mental torture). But I got OUT! I SURVIVED! and I didn't have to kill anyone to do it!

Mary had choices...she made bad ones. She killed a man in cold blood. And 12 days in jail doesn't cut it. She, nor her lawyers, ever showed me anything to prove abuse. NADA!

Congrats Ocean.....for being a survivor! :)

Congratulations to YOU too Anne!

It is empowering when one steps forward through the valley of darkness, turmoil and fear and makes it through to the other side where there is peace and freedom.

:D And I am so thankful I didn't walk away with a bad attitude toward all males. Shucks if I had done that then I would have missed one of the very best thing that happened to me, besides my lovely children.....;) my loving, devoted, sweet, hubby who has remained my hero for 24 years.

Right choices brings hope for a better day.

Take care.

Ocean

TIA with you! And bravo to you for doing the right thing under the wrong circumstances!

Now, why you you suppose Judge McGraw didn't give Mary the maximum sentence allowed by law. She got a major break with that lame-*ss jury. Why did he give her another with his lame-*ss sentence? :confused:

His hands were really tied A2M.

He had to follow the guidelines that the legislature sets out for him.

He denied her full probation and refused to have her record expunged. He used the actual killing, calling it excessive and reprehensible and doing the crime with her children in the next room and then fleeing from the scene as the aggravating factor against her to deny what Farese had really hoped she would get. (Full probation with expunged record)

He then looked at her possible mental issues and the fact that Mary had no prior criminal history as a mitigating factor. So he was within the guidelines of the three year sentence instead of the six year maximum. In TN one does not have to serve but about 30% of their sentence. If Mary had a prior conviction then she more than likely would have gotten the 6 years which is still ridiculous the way she coldly killed this man in his sleep.

Ocean

Can anyone give me a link to the victim impact statements from this trial? I missed getting to hear/and or read them. Thank you.

I dont think there is a full transcript available for the victim impact statements. There were excerpts in some of the TN newspapers. I am not sure if the link thread is available anymore.

Sorry, I am not much help.

Ocean

According to our local news, Mary Winkler will be on Oprah on Wednesday, I assume 9/12/07. Parts were recorded at her attorneys office.

According to our local news, Mary Winkler will be on Oprah on Wednesday, I assume 9/12/07. Parts were recorded at her attorneys office.

Yes, it seems Mary is seeking the media now. From the articles I have read today about this it seems that Mary was to have gone to Chicago for a live interview with Oprah. I am not sure that is going to happen and only the initial taped interview will be shown. We will see.

The Winkler family attorney has filed a RO on Mary Winkler. This may only cover preventing her from discussing the children or the custody issues in any form when she is interviewed.

Also there is a mention about the Probation Office in charge of Mary and if the PO will approve of her leaving the state to be interviewed on a television show.

Why wouldn't Oprah just fly into Memphis to Farese's office there.

Whatever we see my heart continues to break for these children. How Mary could further humiliate and shame them as she talks about killing their father I just cant fathom it as a mother myself.

Farese made it very cold. He said it wasn't about the children but yes, it really is about them Farese and they will be heckled that limelight mommy is on national TV talking about their dad they continue to love and feel the great loss.

I look at all of this photos of Mary and she emits no warmth. She seems stern, aloof and cold.

I do not think this will bode well for Mary with the custody Judge. It shows a high disregard for her children's traumatized lives. She adds even more pain and humiliation.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back