Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Thank you Othram, for all your hard work! R.I.P. Little Miss Sharon.

After reading about Sharon, I definitely think they tried to kidnap her before since she sounded so scared of that car. The fact that they had two other kids with them is also suspicious. Most likely it was a predator and his accomplice, but I had another thought. I know this was after Georgia Tann, but the financial questions/stalking along with transporting other kids makes me think of that too. I'm also sadly wondering, since her mother described her as blonde and since the police thought LMN was Caucasian if the white couple did as well. I know they asked around about her family, but if she spoke fluent Spanish, I wonder if they felt it was too risky to keep her after the family reported her missing so quickly :(

Thank you Othram, for all your hard work! R.I.P. Little Miss Sharon.

After reading about Sharon, I definitely think they tried to kidnap her before since she sounded so scared of that car. The fact that they had two other kids with them is also suspicious. Most likely it was a predator and his accomplice, but I had another thought. I know this was after Georgia Tann, but the financial questions/stalking along with transporting other kids makes me think of that too. I'm also sadly wondering, since her mother described her as blonde and since the police thought LMN was Caucasian if the white couple did as well. I know they asked around about her family, but if she spoke fluent Spanish, I wonder if they felt it was too risky to keep her after the family reported her missing so quickly :(
The couple knew she was Hispanic before they abducted her. They got friendly with her Sharon's mom with a possible job prospect. They showed up at Sharon's church.

Maybe they thought LE would not look for Sharon?

Last edited:
The couple knew she was Hispanic before they abducted her. They got friendly with her Sharon's mom with a possible job prospect. They showed up at Sharon's church.

That's what I was wondering. They may have thought the family wouldn't report her so quickly because they were immigrants, or because she had a single mother. Maybe they even thought the police wouldn't take it seriously, but suddenly the police are putting up barricades and searching for a Hispanic girl. I thought if Sharon was bilingual, she may have spoke English in public and Spanish when frightened, and I thought that could have made them panic.

The mother didn't know who they were, it's in the old articles. And:
Mrs. Helen Gonzales, a neighbor, said that last Sunday after church a car fitting the description of the one used in the kidnapping was parked in the alley.

A large woman in her 30's wearing a faded cotton wash dress asked where Lupe Gallegos lived.

"I pointed out the house after the woman told me she wanted Mrs. Gallegos to work for her," the neighbor related.

"The strange woman also asked if Mrs. Gallegos had a little girl, whether or not she had lots of children and if the entire family lived in the house or if it was divided into apartments," she continued.

So strange.
And there is this about the absent father:
Mrs. Gallegos said the child's father, a former airman who had been divorced from her and had since moved to a South Eastern city and remarried was unable to shed any light on the crime at the time, and he has never contacted her about it since.

That's what I was wondering. They may have thought the family wouldn't report her so quickly because they were immigrants, or because she had a single mother. Maybe they even thought the police wouldn't take it seriously, but suddenly the police are putting up barricades and searching for a Hispanic girl. I thought if Sharon was bilingual, she may have spoke English in public and Spanish when frightened, and I thought that could have made them panic.
I doubt if speaking Spanish or English or language was a factor in their decision to kill Sharon.

However the BOLO/APB certainly could have been.

Sadly, we will never know if this couple had other victims.

The mother didn't know who they were, it's in the old articles. And:

So strange.
And there is this about the absent father:
In the old articles, do they say if Sharon's mother had any interaction with the man or was it always just the woman? I wonder if Sharon's mother ever saw a picture of who he remarried. I also wonder if the police ever looked into what kind of car the absent father drove.

I doubt if speaking Spanish or English or language was a factor in their decision to kill Sharon.

However the BOLO/APB certainly could have been.

Sadly, we will never know if this couple had other victims.
BBM. That's what is so sad about these old cases. So many people got away from justice, and so many families have passed without answers about their loved ones. :(

In the old articles, do they say if Sharon's mother had any interaction with the man or was it always just the woman? I wonder if Sharon's mother ever saw a picture of who he remarried. I also wonder if the police ever looked into what kind of car the absent father drove.
Yeah, I wondered too, but it doesn't seem like he had any interest in her or the rest of the family, unless this was an attempt to give the new wife a child and it all went horribly wrong. It really does feel like a stranger abduction.

Was Sharon's dad white? It seems possible since she had a lighter complexion; the man driving the car was a pale white man.

(Edit: I don't think her dad is the abductor, it's just something I think should be ruled out.)

Thank you mommabee
Doenetwork says she had been passed for a week or two, and she was missing 10 days before she was found?
It just makes my heart hurt to think she was kept alive for a few days, and why :( as awful as that sounds.
This sweet girl sounds like she was pretty perceptive and vocal about her fears. She sounds like a tough little cookie. They may have thought it would be easier to bring her into their lives, for whatever purpose, and she may have resisted. It's all just too heartbreaking to contemplate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lhaithco
Back