Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO he likely had a different device/phone/iCloud account during the 2020/2021 gap in images. The 2019 evidence could have come from an old iCloud account/laptop etc, not connected to his current phone they found with their recent search warrant.

Absolutely horrifying. Poor Maddie.

So presume JS told LE she didn't know or she would be arrested right ? Can't be arrested for neglect if there were 20 plus different dates from age 8 ?
We really do not know what LE are doing. It is possible due to the stress of what has happened in the last two weeks that JS has had a mental health crisis and is in no condition to be questioned . Or LE have no actual evidence to arrest her for neglect .

Here's the actual phrasing:

My interpretation was that from 7/2/2019 to 2/26/2024 he was known to possess 10+ images of CSAM because 2/26/2024 was the date the images were found on his phone. Those might be images that were not produced with that phone, so they don't know when the images were knowingly possessed, other than after they were produced (7/2/2019) and before they were discovered (2/26/2024).

LE did not inform JS that they were confident MS was dead until the night of 2/29/2024 and did not inform the public until 3/1/2024, so I'd be shocked if they knew by 2/26/2024.

Also, I've uploaded the Information to Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/document/712...hael-Sterns-docket-Information-2024-CF-000632
I think you're right on the money here. It would have taken LE at least a dayish to go thru the phone, maybe about one more day to get the arrest affidavit signed by a judge. It was signed on 2/28 so it's possible it was signed in the early hours of the morning as some judges are known to do from their front doors when necessary. SS was brought to the police department for questioning, he invoked his 5th amendment right and asked for an attorney. LE was still handing out fliers on 2/28. On 2/29 the affidavit was filed by the court clerk in the AM. On Friday of that week, LE announced that they believed MS was dead in the press conference.

So here's the full list with the Degree Column and the Plea Column.

Do you know what each letter means? I Googled them but couldn't find anything that helped me understand.

C = Capital
F = Felony?
L =
T =
S =

Charges List:

LevelDegreePlea
1SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
2SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
3SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
4SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
5SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
6SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
7SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
8SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
9SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
10SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
11SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
12SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
13SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
14LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
15LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
16LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
17LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
18LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
19LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
20LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
21UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5)FT
22UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
23UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
24UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
25UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
26UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
27UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
28UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
29UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
30UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
31UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
32UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
33UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
34UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
35UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
36UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
37UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
38UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
39UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
40UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
41UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
42UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
43UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
44UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
45UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
46UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
47UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
48UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
49UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
50UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
51UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
52UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
53UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
54UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
55UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
56UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
57UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
58UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
59UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
60UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
I am not sure what the letters in the plea column are.
From the document that has been linked, I gathered the following -

1 thru 8 - Capital Offense

9 thru 13 - F1 PBL-L9 - Punishable by Life

14 thru 20 - 25 year minimum mandatory (Life-L9)

21 thru 60 - F2-L6 - Felony 2

If the dates have been determined based on image metadata, the gap between 2019 and 2022 is curious. It suggests that perhaps the 2019 evidence made its way from an older device onto a newer phone (which I suspect was obtained in 2022, but that’s just a guess). MOO.

It seems highly unlikely that monster never violated MS or recorded himself doing so between 2019 and 2022. (MOO again).

LE already has enough to throw the book at SS even without evidence of anything happening in 2020-2021, but the sheer scope of what poor MS suffered is so awful there almost aren’t words.
Someone else mentioned that the lack of content in those years could be when he and JS were separated.

I think something I said may have been completely misunderstood?

I DO think those who are worried about JS , or who maintain she had no knowledge of the abuse/events of MS death, are nicer or have more compassion than me. I saw all of those new charges and my reaction was anger/disgust.

I'm NOT judging any of you who have the POV that JS is innocent, or who are worried about her.
I knew you were angry and disgusted, fresh after seeing those new charges. Who wouldnt be? None of us knew the extent of the abuse before the new charges came out, tough to know what she did or didnt know. With these new charges it's gonna be tougher for her to prove that she didnt know. Ive seen cases before where children are removed for abuse and mom claims she didnt know and when the mom tries to regain custody it is denied because she failed to protect. willfully blindness/ willful ignorance/ conscious avoidance?

It works differently in the U.K ,often bodies of murder victims are kept for months. A person charged with murder is permitted to ask for a second post mortem examination to be carried out in order for them to be able to challenge anything found in the first one.
Keeping a body for any length of time is problematic despite the widespread misinformation that the ME can just put a body in refrigeration, and it will stay "pristine". There is no automatic right to 2nd postmortem in the UK and no right to delay release of a body at the request of a charged suspect. Can it be attempted by a suspect, yes, but it's not common or expected. So called 2nd opinion autopsy's are sometimes a 2nd testing of tissue samples and reviews of photo's, reports etc, the remains/body not needed. MOO

You know, I don't recall ever seeing a reporter ask the parent of a missing child if they feel responsible.

That seems a very inappropriate and insensitive thing for a reporter to ask in that situation just out of the blue.

It makes me wonder if LE did have some influence over what was asked in SS's interview.
In the working world of small town journalism, the crime-beat reporter does have special relationships with various members of law enforcement. Even if not directly for this case, the reporter and LE may have sat around and exchanged stories. Besides, certainly the reporter would be aware of the statistics.

Perhaps the reporter was just bolder than most. In our newsroom one day we heard a reporter on the phone ask "How many elderly people have you scammed today?" Everyone froze. Even the publisher stopped by the desk for the rest of the conversation because the guy on foreign soil admitted to several and actually talked for a little bit to the reporter.

Styles vary.

I can almost understand not realizing repeated abuse as it becomes somewhat normal for the child. But I would think a parents would sense some wrong after the first time? This wasn't inappropriate touching. It had to have a major affect on her.

I can definitely see somethings as poor hygiene, but if Any of my children had issues with their private area I would immediately ask them if anyone was touching them. I bring up this topic often with my teen, especially when I read about this stuff. Just had this convo the other day, " no one is going to hurt you or me if you tell "
if a child complained about what was hurting them or expressing discomfort in their private area, unfortunately, not all parents/guardians will ask that question. even in this day and age of educating children about inappropriate touching, stranger/danger, when its in the home, as you say, it becomes 'normal' for the child so perhaps they dont say anything OR are 'gifted' for their secret or threatened.

knowing your child has 'anxiety' as SS made a point of saying, did she make any effort to discover what is causing the anxiety? was there an effort to provide a private safe place to talk about whats bothering her?

right now, we hardly know anything about Madeline's life outside of the home, her interests, did she like going to school, was she struggling academically or doing well. its sad, we only know the ugly part of her short life right now.

Keeping a body for any length of time is problematic despite the widespread misinformation that the ME can just put a body in refrigeration, and it will stay "pristine". There is no automatic right to 2nd postmortem in the UK and no right to delay release of a body at the request of a charged suspect. Can it be attempted by a suspect, yes, but it's not common or expected. So called 2nd opinion autopsy's are sometimes a 2nd testing of tissue samples and reviews of photo's, reports etc, the remains/body not needed. MOO

Doesn't such a request almost always include having a different, independent lab do the second round of tests?

I knew you were angry and disgusted, fresh after seeing those new charges. Who wouldnt be? None of us knew the extent of the abuse before the new charges came out, tough to know what she did or didnt know. With these new charges it's gonna be tougher for her to prove that she didnt know. Ive seen cases before where children are removed for abuse and mom claims she didnt know and when the mom tries to regain custody it is denied because she failed to protect. willfully blindness/ willful ignorance/ conscious avoidance?
"We fool ourselves so much, we could do it for a living" - one of my favorite Stephen King quotes.

I think for some people, nightmare scenarios like this are too painful for them to even consider, so they subconsciously take the 'easier' way out of burying their heads in the sand and pretending the awful truth staring them in the face isn't there. It's no excuse, of course, but we see it so much. IMO, MOO, etc., etc.

If the dates have been determined based on image metadata, the gap between 2019 and 2022 is curious. It suggests that perhaps the 2019 evidence made its way from an older device onto a newer phone (which I suspect was obtained in 2022, but that’s just a guess). MOO.

It seems highly unlikely that monster never violated MS or recorded himself doing so between 2019 and 2022. (MOO again).

Someone else mentioned that the lack of content in those years could be when he and JS were separated.
Maybe during Covid JS was home 24/7, maybe MS spent some time out of state with the father.

Some of the stuff further detailed /described in the new documents , how could an 8 year old not have to be hospitalised ? How did the school miss this ? How was she able to attend school normally the next day / week . If this is happening in the US , how much might be happening in third world countries ? I can't even
Bolded by me for focus.

IMO some children, and adults, for that matter, wouldn't be able to handle this much sexual abuse without it being visually apparent from their demeanor that something not right was going on. Pretty much folding up into themselves. But the thing I find very sad with Maddie is what I've gleaned about her personality from her obituary video, positive things people have said about her (NOT JS or SS), and also from pictures of her. In fact, some of the last pics of her from her BD party, where she's twirling with a streamer, she just looks so happy, content, and very mature. She does not look like a victim, even though she was. She seemed like the type to not let this sort of abuse drag her down and instead looks on the positive side. IOW, she didn't appear to be dwelling on it IMO. Just wow that someone her age could do that. She was truly an amazing human being and I'm really pissed off that she wasn't allowed to live, find love, and become a successful woman. She was most definitely headed down that path IMO, and I find it a stinking shame that SHE'S not the one still here. :(

For anyone wondering why MS never told her mom, her dad, or anyone else, there's a TON of information out there that explains in great detail, what pervert abusers do to children to ensure that they DON'T tell. Here's just one source:

?

As I said, I'm flabbergasted. And angry that SS was able to do all of this to MS, and possibly other kids. I do think it takes more compassion than I feel to look at this situation and hold onto the theory JS is innocent of any involvement. I think she is at best protecting SS, and that just blows my mind.

My thoughts about JS are based on the facts we have in the case, not gossip.

I never said any of the other things you wrote--about people being less than, etc so I'm not sure where that is coming from?
She is protecting herself. It’s always been about her. Her need to have validation from a male. Her need to feel wanted and her need to have the illusion of a household that was functioning well. Nowhere in a choices she has made does it appear that Maddie was even once her first priority or concern. Even in death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes